Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | | Last >
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #26493713 -

Not just faced it...he was permanently disbarred.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Enlil]
    #26493716 -

I have seen conflicting info about that, some say he resigned before everything went down, like this source.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill-clinton-fined-and-disbarred-over-the-monica-lewinsky-scandal/

While Clinton can no longer practice law in front of the highest court, it’s not accurate to say that he was disbarred from either the Supreme Court or from practicing law in Arkansas. Clinton’s license was suspended in Arkansas, but he was not disbarred, and while Clinton did face the possibility of being barred from arguing in front the U.S. Supreme Court, he resigned before the ruling was handed down.


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Edited by SirTripAlot (02/19/20 04:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Enlil]
    #26493724 -

Enlil said:
All people CAN lie.  The risk to an attorney for lying about something easily disproven makes it very unlikely in this case, though.



With respect I do not thing you get it. Assange's lawyer is not lying - the client he is representing probably has claimed to have been offered a pardon by Trump. Your post "Oh shit the news is saying he offed a pardon to assange" is wrong because this is not what the media are reporting. All they say is that Assange's lawyer is making this claim on his client's behalf, not that it has happened. If someone claimed to have recently seen Elvis and this claim got reported it would not mean that "news is saying Elvis is alive" but only that a claim along these lines has been made by someone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Metoo]
    #26493734 -

Metoo said:
Your post "Oh shit the news is saying he offed a pardon to assange" is wrong


I didn't post that, Holmes.  Try to read more carefully.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #26493764 -

Enlil said:
I didn't post that, Holmes.  Try to read more carefully.



My apologies - this was in response to Psilynut

Edited by Metoo (02/19/20 05:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Metoo]
    #26493773 -

That is literally what the news is saying .

Quote:
Julian Assange: Trump 'offered pardon for Russia denial'



https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-51566470

My post is 100% correct Sherlock .


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Metoo] * 1
    #26493781 -

Did not take long to disprove the story:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/19/uk/assange-trump-pardon-rohrabacher-us-gbr-intl/index.html

A lawyer for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has said that a former US congressman offered him a pardon on behalf of US President Donald Trump, in exchange for denying Russian involvement in the Democratic National Committee email leak. The White House and the congressman have strongly denied Trump's involvement in the matter.

This is Rohrabacher:

"When speaking with Julian Assange, I told him that if he could provide me information and evidence about who actually gave him the DNC emails, I would then call on President Trump to pardon him," he said. "At no time did I offer a deal made by the President, nor did I say I was representing the President."

Of course if the evidence emerged that the Russians were not the source of the DNC leaks the whole Russian Colusion investigation would look even more silly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #26493792 -

Psilynut2 said:
That is literally what the news is saying .

Quote:
Julian Assange: Trump 'offered pardon for Russia denial'



https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-51566470

My post is 100% correct Sherlock .



No it is not. The full quote is:

A lawyer for Julian Assange has alleged that President Donald Trump offered to pardon the Wikileaks founder

This is a report of an allegation by Assange's lawyer, not a statement by BBC that the pardon has actually been offered. So it is entirely wrong to say that "the news is saying he offed a pardon to assange". The news is that Assange's lawyer is making this claim.

Can you really not see the difference?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Metoo]
    #26493810 -

Dude your post is so ridiculous I’m at loss for words here . Are you saying Assange disagrees with what his lawyer is saying or something ? What difference does it really make ?


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #26493821 -

Psilynut2 said:
Dude your post is so ridiculous I’m at loss for words here . Are you saying Assange disagrees with what his lawyer is saying or something ? What difference does it really make ?



No, I am saying that your "Oh shit the news is saying he offed a pardon to assange" is wrong because this is not what the news is saying. The BBC piece you linked is not saying that Trump offered pardon to Assange but merely reporting that Assange's lawyer is making this claim.

Can you really not see the difference?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Metoo]
    #26493833 -

I guess but whatever it is your trying to say when a lawyer makes a statement on your behalf because that’s what you pay him to do it’s because your saying it .
  News sources are saying what I said .

Quote:
Breaking news out of the UK today indicates that the Judge presiding over Julian Assange‘s pre-trial extradition hearing will allow evidence that US President Donald Trump offered Assange a pardon in exchange for claiming Russia didn’t hack the DNC in 2016.



https://thenextweb.com/politics/2020/02/19/report-trump-offered-julian-assange-a-pardon-in-exchange-for-saying-russia-didnt-hack-the-dnc/


  See , evidence , in a trial . Not just a claim by his lawyers .


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Psilynut2]
    #26493851 -

Psilynut2 said:
See , evidence , in a trial . Not just a claim by his lawyers .



Full quote from the linked piece:

The London court where the proceedings are taking place today heard statements from court barriester Edward Fitsgerald who explained that Assange's lawyer, Jennifer Robinson, indended to submit documents alleging that former GOP Congressman Dana Rohrabacher personally visited assange ....

What is reported is an ALLEGATION by Assange's lawyer. I may sound pedantic but people make all kinds of allegations and they are reported by the media as just that - allegations. When a media outlet reports something as a fact it carries way more credibility than someone elses allegation. A fact is typically something that a reported witnessed or a document they saw.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Metoo]
    #26493853 -

Metoo said:
A lawyer for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has said that a former US congressman offered him a pardon on behalf of US President Donald Trump, in exchange for denying Russian involvement in the Democratic National Committee email leak. The White House and the congressman have strongly denied Trump's involvement in the matter.

This is Rohrabacher:

"When speaking with Julian Assange, I told him that if he could provide me information and evidence about who actually gave him the DNC emails, I would then call on President Trump to pardon him," he said. "At no time did I offer a deal made by the President, nor did I say I was representing the President."



That pretty much summarizes it.  The Intercept article I posted above seems to indicate that Rohrabacher never did get a chance to call on the President (I'm agreeing with Metoo).


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Metoo]
    #26493861 -

Evidence needs to be fact-based to be admitted in a court of law, I believe. Especially something this high-profile. Metoo should stop digging this hole cause obv we’ll find out more in time.

This would be huge in normal politics, but it’s just a Wednesday of Trump’s presidency.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: feldman114]
    #26493870 -

What do you mean 'stop digging this hole'?  He's the one who's saying we need to wait for the evidence.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26493875 -

It seems as though he made his bet already, before we knew that it was accepted into that trial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: feldman114]
    #26493876 -

feldman114 said:
Evidence needs to be fact-based to be admitted in a court of law, I believe. Especially something this high-profile. Metoo should stop digging this hole cause obv we’ll find out more in time.

This would be huge in normal politics, but it’s just a Wednesday of Trump’s presidency.



The evidence filed in court is absolutely fact-based - Assange's lawyer indeed made this allegation on behalf of his client. This is what was reported by the media.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26493878 -

Quote:
get a chance to call on the President (I'm agreeing with Metoo).



We’re talking about a president that bragged about sending sending his personal attorney to Ukraine dig up dirt on his opponent despite the fact that he denied it during his impeachment . Pretty sure that shit happened man .


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: feldman114] * 1
    #26493879 -

feldman114 said:
It seems as though he made his bet already, before we knew that it was accepted into that trial.



Corect - it took me no time to realise that, based on a brief review of the news items they do not claim that Trump had offered pardon to Assange but merely that Assnge's lawyer made this claim. The latest piece reporting on the court case further confirmed it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2020 [Re: Metoo]
    #26493883 -

“A lawyer for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has said that a former US congressman offered him a pardon on behalf of US President Donald Trump, in exchange for denying Russian involvement in the Democratic National Committee email leak.“

So it’s a lie, right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | | Last >


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Trump
( 1 2 3 4 ... 131 132 )
DividedQuantumM 80,102 2,635 01/19/21 07:19 AM
by STPLSD25
* Who will the president canidates for 2024?? starfire_xes 345 5 07/09/17 03:24 AM
by Cinnamon
* The Trump Phenomenon
( 1 2 3 4 ... 50 51 )
Count of Sabugosa 41,993 1,006 01/27/16 02:53 PM
by zappaisgod
* Trump Will Beat Hillary In New York If He Is The Republican Nominee.....
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
starfire_xes 7,850 106 05/08/16 06:39 PM
by zappaisgod
* trump fix the country?
( 1 2 all )
robidoe 2,163 39 01/24/16 08:37 PM
by Falcon91Wolvrn03
* So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 82 83 )
Patlal 67,215 1,658 06/26/24 02:53 PM
by rxb
* Democrat Callers like Donald Trump
( 1 2 3 all )
burgerbrain 3,263 47 01/03/16 12:53 PM
by Falcon91Wolvrn03
* Marco Rubio says Trump has a little Dick.
( 1 2 all )
starfire_xes 2,101 25 03/27/16 02:42 PM
by Douglas Howard

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
502,115 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.