Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26454327 -

AyEyDiZed said:
The sab is pretty messed up. I used a jig saw to cut the holes but it cracked the plastic.

I'm going to let the plates sit for a few days as I'm worried my sterile technique sucked. Bleach cleaned the box and sprayed lots of iso but I'm still not sure how well I poured.





Next one you make man, if you have a gas stove. Grab yourself an empty Milo tin (one of those big fuckers) and heat it up over the flame, then just melt the holes in it :thumbup::cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26463799 -

Yeah thanks for the tip. I'll make a better one when I get a chance but this works atm.

So these two dishes are showing good growth. I want to get everyones opinion on if they would work ok as they currently are for grain inoculation. I'm still going to isolate the best section to another dish but I'm keen to get a grow happening and if they will do the job in their current state then happy days.

Plate 1



Plate 2


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26464687 -

Probably need a few transfers. Plate 1 definitely has a bit of dodgy satelitte at 12 clock. See how myc is avoiding that. Do a few transfer from the cleanest leading edges (hard to tell from the pic)and dont let them grow out this much as soon as you have growth about size of a 20c coin transfer away. Plate 2 approx 1 to 2 o clock seems reasonable for transfers in my limited experience.
Another thing that has helped me is using food colouring (blue works great) in agar that will improve contrast alot.

Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: Chaos4142]
    #26464704 -

Also even if you do transfers keep these plates and when they have a pin(2 to 3 weeks roughly) use that as transfer as well. That will give you relatively uniform growth on agar as well on bulk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: Chaos4142]
    #26476389 -

Hi fellow aussies, has anyone here tried APE or a pan cyans grow... was wondering if someone be kind enough to set me up with some spore prints

Wanted to up my game from B+.

Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: Chaos4142]
    #26476820 -

Cheers chaos for the tips.

BTW check your pm :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26477739 -

Newbie and my first post.

I have had a fair bit of experience in the home brew community colonizing yeast cells on plates and stepping up to make awesome beer!

I have most of the equipment to get started, but have no idea where to obtain spores. I guess I can wait until the southern winter but would like to start sooner. Any help would be appreciated.

I have access to dried. Has anyone successfully started a healthy colony from them?

Cheers!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: siiren]
    #26477957 -

I’m looking to replace my alcohol lamp with a propane or butane torch but am but confused when I search on eBay.com.au or look at Bunnings

Any recommendations for a small propane or butane torch within Australia?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: bongoman]
    #26477958 -

bongoman said:
I’m looking to replace my alcohol lamp with a propane or butane torch but am but confused when I search on eBay.com.au or look at Bunnings

Any recommendations for a small propane or butane torch within Australia?



I would have a look at the to tobacconist and get one of those butane torches for lighting cigars :wink:.
Some of those have a toggle to lock the flame on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: bongoman]
    #26479068 -

bongoman said:
I’m looking to replace my alcohol lamp with a propane or butane torch but am but confused when I search on eBay.com.au or look at Bunnings

Any recommendations for a small propane or butane torch within Australia?



Mate I’ve been using the trade flame from bunnings.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tradeflame-propane-handyman-pinpoint-blow-torch-kit_p5910244

Only $35. Lasts forever. Only use on the very lowest setting and placed to the side of my SAB. Its the same used by Bod in his vids


--------------------
"Creativity breeds happiness and happiness breeds creativity"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: Hadrian88]
    #26479300 -

Gday all, stoked I found this thread as I just inoculated my first 8 jars with Equardorian spores. Also if anyone is looking for a great vendor with a great track record of high quality spores go over to reddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/sporetraders/ and hit up u/Becpip I promise you wont regret it as she is one of the best Aussie traders around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: TheGoldenChild]
    #26479329 -

Welcome to Shroomery theGoldenChild and siiren.

Enjoy the thread and good luck on your grows. Check out as much as you can read and join in on any thread that you are interested in. Even the non shroom ones. But make sure you follow the guidelines.

And reddit seems to have some good vendors but just be careful. I personally just took my time and waited until the marketplace was available to me to source spores. Every print I've received has came from PNW America or Canada and there's been no problems.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26479505 -

Thanks AyEyDiZed,

I have spent many hours reading up so far!

So much to take in but relatively straight forward as long you follow sanitary practice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: siiren]
    #26486927 -

So I've started inoculating. Used a mix of whole brown rice that I sterilised in PC and uncle Ben's pack (yes I know it's lazy but I got impatient plus I want to compare the teks).

I agar dropped the b+ instead of spore syringe and only 1 of 4 bags worked. The others showed no myc growth and smelled rancid (probably because I used one of the first agar plates. Not an isolate which looks great btw) But the one that did work looks great and has been shaken up and hopefully ready to go to bulk at the end of the week. Since it's only one bag I'll shoe box it with coir and hopefully get some decent fruits.

I did some others ones with a spore syringe. I put some SAT and some gym lute. prints to agar and thought I'll try making up a spore syringe and just seeing if it works. Used both the jars and Ben's bags. No growth yet.

I feel just getting into it will help me know and learn what works and what I need to do better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26487799 -

Do you have a flow hood? I tried agar dropto bag in a sab and it didnt really work for me it went bacterial... probably my sab is short height and it was cumbersome as fuck opening the bag i must have bumped few times shaking the whole sab.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: Chaos4142]
    #26488226 -

No flow hood. But there are too many variables to know where it contaminated from.  Could have been the agar. Could have the bags. They were hard to cut, then drop and tape up afterwards. I certainly don't have the best sterile technique and my movements were all over the place.

I'll see how the one bag turns out but I'll stick to agar dropping to jars. The uncle Ben's tek sounds good for some quick no fuss shrooms but I feel would only work with syringe not agar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: Hadrian88]
    #26488561 -

Hadrian88 said:
Mate I’ve been using the trade flame from bunnings.




Perfect! Thanks for the suggestion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: bongoman]
    #26492888 -

Hi all,
Peace out and thanks for all the input to this community. I've watched for ages but only just joined.

I've had trouble getting OCESpores-R-us page to load on Reddit, does this still function?

Thanks in advance!
Midge

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: Midgerums]
    #26493210 -

He has changed his reddit name to u/dropbearmyc

He had problems with his old username.
The dude is doing an awesome job btw all by himself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26499113 -

Hey all,

I’ve thrown up a thread that isn’t getting any traction on the main forum. Any of my Aussie brethren be able to help out?

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26498652


--------------------
"Creativity breeds happiness and happiness breeds creativity"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2164 2165 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,309,012 43,288 10/08/26 09:38 AM
by SignedinStranger
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 82,029 1,775 10/07/26 04:28 AM
by Noah Keeper
* The Official TAT Family Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 65 66 )
tiptrippy 89,125 1,308 08/21/26 08:37 AM
by Smartattack
* Done with the hobby and looking to sell the bulk of my investment/equipment ShroomNugget 310 4 01/18/26 05:21 PM
by Yawnsalot
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8722 8723 )
saralove 5,228,614 174,452 10/08/26 05:30 AM
by gopher
* The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1492 1493 )
BeefExtreme 468,053 29,853 10/08/26 09:21 AM
by Churpee Choozle
* mycology equipment/supplies/etc for sale! rhizome 2,330 10 11/16/03 03:01 PM
by Bugsbunny
* Important - All Cultivators please read.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 43,987 103 05/31/05 03:35 AM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
24,791 topic views. 19 members, 113 guests and 186 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.