Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMagus
Dazed

Loc: Midwest USA
Astral Projection--- for real?
    #2582325 - 04/20/04 11:09 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I learned about Astral Projection a few months ago, but have been too lazy to hone in on the skill. I was wondering who here can do it, how easy it was for you to learn, and what you can do with it. I've read on FAQs that it can take a couple weeks to a couple months with focused practice. I've also read that you can look back in the past, look at possible futures, watch friends dream, fly to Mars, and so forth. What's the real deal for you people about Astral Prjoection?

--------------------
Disclaimer:

1. When I use the word "I", it means a friend of a friend wants me to ask. The word "I" simply cuts down on the amount of letters I need to type.

2. I do not engage in illegal activities. I am appaled by all of you and your apparent disregard for the law.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: Magus]
    #2582705 - 04/20/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

kk ive talked about this in a number of posts
first of all it depends how you define astral projection
personally ive experienced what i call 'out of body experiences' the seperation of the conciousness from the physical body in a state that is categorically diffrent from waking or dreaming or hallucinogenic drug states...

First it happend mostly by accident, with no effort on my part. since then ive discoverd some meditative techniques to achieve the seperation, but it is touch and go. usually i can get to a state of intense vibration but often it gets too intense and i snap back awake with a big jerk instead of seperating...

to answer your question, these states can be achieved, but it is difficult and rare, and also if you have no previous practice with meditation or anything like that you have an extra obstacle to overcome...

check online for some good instructions and manuals, but question everything and realize that many whackos exist. also not everyone will be able to have these experiences, and persistence and effort are nescessary to achieve them intentionally with any degree of consistency.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Loc: st.louis
    #2583473 - 04/20/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i don't agree with what magus said.
i can do it and always have been able to do it.
having out of the body experiences or lucid dreams is not astral projection. everyone can do it. and it's realitivly easy once you learn how to think.
first learn how to breath it's very essential this part is definitely the hardest to learn. breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. when breathing try and start filling your stomach first then all the way up through your throat and try and feel you body's energy moving through your head. clear your head of all fear and doubt. let your eyes close naturally. you should now exhale out of your mouth slowly until all the air is emptied out of your lungs. then relax every muscle in your body. and continue breathing.

if done correctly you will enter an almost dream like state.
when in this state your body is very open to suggestion. let it fall asleep while keeping your mind awake. by no means should you be moving. motionlessness is the key. you'd be surprized how much you actually move when your not aware. you'll know your finding success by the amount of lucid dreams you are having. lucid meaning you can carry thought processes, the dream world is in color and you have some if not total control of the dream. when you can control your dreams you can control your thinking. after that comes true astral projection. the ability to do and go whenever you want.

it does take a good amount of practice to acheive this state but hey since you have to go to sleep every day anyway why not practice then.

i am native american (nipmuck) i learned these techniques through tribal teachings. they work for me.

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

Anonymous

#2583601 - 04/20/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i can, but im too fucked up right now to say anythign other than it is awesome, and everything magus has read about can be done, but of course shit takes much practice and experience, so you aint gonna just dive into the most kick ass shit when starting out....maybe, but for me i aint shit at it yet

OfflineNewMoon
explorer
Loc: Canada
Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: ]
    #2583987 - 04/20/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

ok first of all check out this website www.astralvoyage.com everything you'll need to know.

And second of all theres no single way to do it. You can use other peoples techniques but its best to make up your own or use combinations of different ones. Don't let anyone tell you this is the one way its done.

I've recently started doing it but i haen't had that much time to keep up a regualr practice with school and all. Its best done on the weekend when you have a few hours alone. its possible to do at night but you can end up fallingaseelp and start dremaing without realizing it easier than in the day. My most succesful time was actually one of my first tries. I was lying down and over the course of one hour or more i proceeded to let my body fall asleep and empty my head of thought concentrating on a single thread of consiousness. my body fellasleep and all of a sudden i started rumbling. At this point its hard because this is your chakras activating which happens every night when you sleep but this is while your awake so you have to hold on and not jump awake but at the same time you can't hold on to the thought of holding on... its kind of difficult i eventually did wake up out of this but i intend to practice more.

--------------------
the only constant is change

Anonymous

Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: NewMoon]
    #2584093 - 04/20/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

And second of all theres no single way to do it. You can use other peoples techniques but its best to make up your own or use combinations of different ones. Don't let anyone tell you this is the one way its done.

definitely. this is awesome advice, and very true.

i always do it at night, so i either project or i fall asleep, but my mind is trained pretty well to project at night. sometimes i will have 3 or 4 a week, sometimes it will be weeks before i have another one. it helps if you are already tired. there has been times i actually laid down for not even a few seconds and had vibrations, swear to god. i lie down and boom, its like holy shit i didnt even get a chance to breathe

its best to be on your back as well, although i have had spontaneous ones on my stomach and sides too, but the ones i induce myelf are always done on my back.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: faelr]
    #2584150 - 04/20/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

shit. i'm sorry magus i meant i didn't agree with pharmakos. my bad.
keep trying everyone can do it and should also try to. don't let disbelief be your downfall.

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

Anonymous

Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: faelr]
    #2584222 - 04/20/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:P i had a feeling thats what you really meant..

here is what i dont agree with:
Quote:

to answer your question, these states can be achieved, but it is difficult and rare

its definitely not rare, imo.  check this out bro, you know all of those people who say they suffer from night terrors, they call it sleep paralysis?  there is a lot of people who have these, and this is the beginning of an out of body, it is nothing more than vibrations, but people are naive and they aint tryin to hear it.  They happened to me allllllll the time, i honestly thought the house was haunted for awhile and something was tryin to steal my body.  lmao, man i was ignorant at the time, i know better now days.  if this has happened to you, or happens to you, you have a head start.

we leave our bodies every single night, but we go subconscious before we realize it, so it really isnt that difficult to train the mind to stay conscious while the body falls asleep.  you are in control, tell yourself you will remain conscious while yoru body falls asleep. pray/ask for help to acheive this state, it works if you have no fear/doubt of this experience.  any fear and any doubt will only hold you back, trust me.

my first one ever, i remember clearly. i will share it.  I woke up on my left side, could not feel vibrations at first, thought that i just had woke up, so i tried to roll over but could not move, i was liek wtf, tried harder to roll over but i coudl not move at all i started to get scared and then this shakey feeling went throughout my body(vibrations) and i heard this crazy noise like a bunch of chains rattling or something, and i finally got up and i went to turn the light on but my hand went right through the switch, i could not turn it on, i was freaking out so hard, then suddenly i was back in my body and i got up again and turned the light on, i was thinking W.T.FUUUUUUCK just happened to me, i was going nuts?  house has to be haunted, some spirit is after my body, i didnt know wtf to think of it, what woudl you think?  its obvious to me now, the first time i got up, i was out of body, the second time i was back in body.

but i later learned about all of this from this woman who knows a lot about them, she explained why everything that was happening to me happens and it all hit right on, so i knew then it was no bullshit, but i was a huge skeptic back then, so even though i projected myself and i saw myself sleeping i still had to prove small little things to myself, like can we float through walls and travel by thought, and it all worked out and proved to be true, time travel, true, guides, true, all the shit she said was fact(it was enough for me atleast, and i was a skeptic at the time).  the possibilities are pretty much endless being able to time travel, you can figure anything out, think about it, it all sounds like bullshit, but its true. we are not our bodies and WE are very powerful.  ok i will shut up now  :grin:

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: ]
    #2585928 - 04/21/04 02:55 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i was also very skeptical. especially after being force fed this bullshit (thats what i used to call it) since i was old enough to speak. but all that ended when it happened the first time. but anywho, practice makes perfect.

--------------------

InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
    #2585939 - 04/21/04 03:01 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Never say never.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: Mr_Gubjet]
    #2585956 - 04/21/04 03:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

this isn't my quote it just makes me think. I am always awake it's my body that sleeps. call it a paradox or something like that

--------------------

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
    #2585979 - 04/21/04 03:53 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hers a brilliant website on astral projection with downloads of manuals aswell http://www.astralpulse.com/downloads/downloads.htm

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: spudamore]
    #2586510 - 04/21/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

since this has been gone over so many times, i feel like adding something to it this time.

usually when poeple differntiate bettween astral projection and out of body they mean
astral projection: staying in your body, but having your senses(? best way to describe) travel somewhere else, usually deep into your own imagination. with practice you can travel to other poeple's imagination and into your own subconscious and various other places. i myself consider astral projection to take place purely in the collective unconscious (I.E. not real).
Out of body: when your consciousness as a whole heads out, all in all a hell of a lot more useful. basically its a huge uncharted territory. ALOT is possible.
Remote prescence: i forgot to list this one up there, you can have your senses leave your body and travel to physical places. this is kind of like an OBE you have while still in your body, because in some manner your actual energy leaves with your conscious. this is really cool, and i don't know much how to describe it better than that. you can actually learn to RP while awake and doing things! causes disorientation, i think they call it bi-location.

so what i would add thats new, is you can use magic (i would recommend chaos magic) to have OBEs.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2586535 - 04/21/04 10:43 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

you can have your senses leave your body and travel to physical places

Uh huh. It is just that no one can do this imaginary feat else they would "see" the object next to my computer and garner my $20,000.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: Swami]
    #2586558 - 04/21/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Do you mean that pair of dirty socks? Where's my $20,000?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: Evolving]
    #2586578 - 04/21/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Anybody could see that, but what brand?

--------------------

InvisibleRobotic_touch
Female
    #2586725 - 04/21/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

OMFG!!!!! I just realized that I have astral projected in the past and I never realized it! I had been interested in Astral Projection for a long long time but never could do it but after reading all these experiences and what its like I realize that it happened to me before!!

So check it.....when it happened to me I actually thought I was being possessed by a ghost :frown: I was laying in bed waiting to fall asleep when I started feeling these vibrations above my head, I got freaked out because I had no clue what the fuck it was....I thought it was a ghost so I kept hiding under my covers hoping it would go away. (The whole time I was in like a dream like trance). So the vibrations kept getting more intense and I was really getting scared, I remember trying to move to leave the room but I was paralyzed, I tried screaming and nothing would come out of my mouth, it was fuckin crazy.....all this went on until I finally snapped out of it. So do you think that experience was astral projection??

I also have 2 other weird experiences.......not sure what they were....

So I was sleeping having a nightmare and I remember sitting up to get out of it and as I sat up and opened my eyes I couldnt see my room, I could still see the nightmare going on.....It was fucked up.....

Another time (this was when I was little) I was sitting on the bar in my house playing with toys and I slipped and as I fell.......I fell asleep and floated down to thr ground in a trance and when I hit the ground I woke up, that has happened to me twice when I was young.....

So those are my experiences........I hope to have more now that I know what astral projecting feels like (I think) I can do it more :smile:

Let me know what you all think of these experiences and If I am right in judging the first one as astral projection. Thx

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: Robotic_touch]
    #2586749 - 04/21/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I thought it was a ghost so I kept hiding under my covers hoping it would go away.

Yeah, ghosts can easily pass through brick walls, but 'blankies' are like an inpenetrable force field to spirits.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Astral Projection--- for real? [Re: Robotic_touch]
    #2586782 - 04/21/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I tried screaming and nothing would come out of my mouth, it was fuckin crazy

lol, yeah i forgot to add i screamed like a bitch too.  i live with my grandparents, and i was actually like "graaaaandmaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! heeeeeeeellllpppppp" MAN, it is crazy, what else are you supposed to think other than it must be some kind of a fuckin ghost? lol i mean shit.  but yeah, that was the beginning of an out of body.  when you are in the vibrational state, that is when you are 'detached', from there you can seperate.  when you seperate, many times all u will see is blackness, you must tune in your vision, you gotta think or say something to yoruself to trigger the vision to fade in(it literally will fade into focus, its really cool) Although sometimes my vision will fade in without me having to say anything, i usually have to say something like "clarity now", though.  doesnt matter what you say, all that matters is that you yourself understand what it is you want out of whatever you choose to say, its all in the mind. everything is done by thought.

swami, you funny mother fucker, keep crackin jokes, im losin weight over here  :lol:

InvisibleRobotic_touch
Female
    #2586789 - 04/21/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Its not like I could move to get away from it, the blanket was my only shield!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom