Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: free will and insanity [Re: kaiowas]
    #2293145 -

"Yes, sometimes free will is limited, as in that situation, but we still have free will as to how we will vote."

In america, voting is important..people died for this RIGHT. but in order for this right to be useful, the system has to be fair. to shove it off in this situation is dangerous IMHO


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: kaiowas]
    #2293161 -

"over the US politics the whole time??"

were not the "whigs" a once popular group?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: kaiowas]
    #2293174 -

I understand what you are saying. I suppose what we would have to do is decide "how far out does free will operate".


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293176 -

you got me there...but it really didn't last that long to begine with...

besides..isn't interesting to note that the democrats and the republicnas used to be ONE party???

I'll take this quote

"The framers of the U.S. Constitution made no provision in the governmental structure for the functioning of political parties because they believed that parties were a source of corruption and an impediment to the freedom of people to judge issues on their merits. James Madison argued in his ?Federalist Paper #10? against a system in which ?factions? (his word for parties) might be able to seize control of the government (see Federalist, The). George Washington, in accordance with the thinking of his fellow Founding Fathers, included in his cabinet men of diverse political philosophies and policies."

from here


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: kaiowas]
    #2293184 -

yeah, but there are definitly advantages to a one party system, alot of developing nations would be better off if they were single party, because politics always gets in the way of economics.

economics takes time to balance its self out, its called a J curve and its very natural, the economy will go down during development, and then after a few years it will start to rise. The problem is, when the economy starts to go down, people always vote for a different party, so then a new party gets in control and totally fucks up all the economic planning the last party did, so then the economy keeps going down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293193 -

to me one party is just as nuts.


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: kaiowas]
    #2293196 -

to me democracy is often very stupid and inneffecient.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293204 -

yes it can be..but why do you think it's this way, is it just economics that's the problem?


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: kaiowas]
    #2293206 -

its politics, politics get in they way of progress when you have multiple parties vying for the same position of power. All they do is argue and call each other names, its basically like a war of words, and power moves. Political parties dont care about doing a good job, they just care about marketing themselves and self-preservation. They should be abolished.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293226 -

i feel the same way. it's crazy that everything is dictated damn near by politics. A lot of it is based on opinion. where debate (talking about issues) crosses over into arguing (attacking the person).


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: kaiowas]
    #2293372 -

True enough. It's the same here, with more than two parties. Instead of working out real issues, as soon as elections draw near, they're going for the kind of stunts that will make people vote for them. I don't look at these stunts, I look at what the parties have done throughout a legilsation period. Most people do not, because they can't be bothered to really think about their choice.
Some even vote for the cutest looking face, or the slickest wordplay, regardless of real governmental skills. I mean, how has the Governator proven his worth in California?


--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: free will and insanity [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2293534 -

heh, I don't know arnold.  All I've seen so far is him relinquish a tax, and showed us his spending policy (education was first, and environment last)  :nut:


I'm confused.  but what makes me mad is that like only 1.3 million people needed to sign in order for davis to get impeached.  that's ludacris considering california's 50 somehrting million population.  that's like 2 percent of our population.  how do i know that everone on that ballot wasn't rebulican, it's easy enough to get.  there's easily 1.3 million republicans here.  :frown:


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Enculturation and Choice Swami 1,238 5 07/20/02 09:24 AM
by StrangeDays
* Big Questions (comments on free will)
( 1 2 3 all )
Attackgecko 5,214 49 04/22/07 10:23 PM
by Phred
* Im Back!!! and still convinced free will is an illusion ;)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
ZenGecko 17,399 148 04/22/07 10:22 PM
by PhanTomCat
* Singularity, Free Will, Infinite Dimensions...
( 1 2 all )
Joshua 6,738 30 04/12/02 03:47 PM
by skaMariaPastora
* A free country cannabis_sativa 1,010 12 10/28/03 11:53 AM
by Anonymous
* Insanity = Genius? Anonymous 1,958 18 10/22/02 02:47 PM
by Strumpling
* fate - free will : paradox
( 1 2 3 all )
11polakie11 6,141 42 05/15/03 01:34 AM
by Sclorch
* time is free. Life makes no sense. and stuff Moonshoe 833 6 12/01/04 12:35 PM
by TODAY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
5,890 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 18 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.