Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2239053 -

No the chance can't be defined and is therfor personal. There is no chance for each way. Only one way is the real way. But personally I can give my interpretation a higher likelyhood than christianity. I give computing power a higher chance than omnipotence..


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2239064 -

I'm not saying anything for Christianity either... hehe.

I'm just considering life a gift... you can call it God or Bob Dole, its all the same. :grin:
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2239078 -

Peace to you bro.
But I don't agree. It's not all the same. The way you live your life is influenced by your beliefs. If you believe you go to hell if you do the things you would like to do. Then religion fucks up your potential life..


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2239093 -

No, I agree, your beliefs end up creating your actions. I'm just saying it doesn't matter what you call the gift of life. hehe
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2240074 -

cybrbeast said:
Peace to you bro.
But I don't agree. It's not all the same. The way you live your life is influenced by your beliefs. If you believe you go to hell if you do the things you would like to do. Then religion fucks up your potential life..



So if my belief in God means that I won't lie, cheat or steal, how is my potential life fucked up? Even if there ends up being no God, I'd say that living honestly is the preferrable way to live. (Did I spell "preferrable" wrong???)


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: Frog]
    #2240308 -

The right chemicals combine to make primitive cells...

.. The cells combine to form complex life forms, like for example ants.

The ants follow the orders of the queen, you might say the whole colony acts like one single being. Human societies can make unified actions just like the ant colony.

Those unified actions affect the whole planet
The way the chemicals work affect cells. Cells affect humans and animals. Animals and humans affect society. The society's action affect the planet. The actions of the planets affect the solar system. The solar systems affect the galaxy and the galaxy affects the universe.

To me it is very possible that the universe is one huge sentient being.

For me this is the closest to god anyone will every get.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: Frog]
    #2240723 -

And your point? Who says I was talking about your interpretation of religion?
It's a fact though, that there are many biblehumpers whose children are suppresed in some kind of way by their religion.
I don't let religion set my morals and values. I'd like to set my own based on my experience of society. I think any self-respecting induvidual should do this.


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2240753 -

I was interpreting your prior post.


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: Frog]
    #2240797 -

Huh? You were interpreting the post that you quoted I guess.
I was responding to your response, and I think my response is still valid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: TODAY]
    #2240951 -

My faith lives and operates in the present. Scriptures are only a record of faith-events that have occured on Earth. The task is to discern the historical, allegorical, symbolic and mystical levels of what has been written. 'Miracles,' or synchronicities are an important part of my everyday life. Dreams are important too. Angelic intervention is probably too far to go with you, without a background in what that means experiencially.

Everyone dies Bud - some sooner than others. Your friend's purpose in life was not soley to be here as your friend. Perhaps he was 'recalled to the factory' before life could corrupt him to the point of his getting irretrievably 'lost.' We are human BEINGS, and beings are spiritual realities, in our case with physical bodies appended. This business about questioning the obvious existence of GOD because someone dies is about the most ridiculous human response to death that one can have. It is a problem that is completely centered on one's ego - as if your friend's spiritual pilgrimage through this plane of existence was all about YOU! Spend the rest of YOUR life in preparation for your own transition from this life. That's what human development is for. What did you think our purpose is here, to have a continuous 'Birthday' party? It's equally about a 'Deathday' party. Get ready, live right, love right because we're ALL gonna go. The only question for each of us is 'where?,' and 'the grave' is not an answer except for the crudest of materialists.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: Kingkole]
    #2240952 -

I liked that. It mentions the organization.. the levels... I like that. :thumbup:
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For any Christians who may have an interest in converting... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2241007 -

Quote:
Your friend's purpose in life was not soley to be here as your friend. Perhaps he was 'recalled to the factory' before life could corrupt him to the point of his getting irretrievably 'lost.'



So why wasn't Hitler recalled to the factory then? Or was he just doing god's plan?


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Very interesting Question...... *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Room4Shroom 3,092 23 02/24/03 04:35 PM
by Zero7a1
* Christianity, Colonialism, Capitalism and Islam. atomikfunksoldier 2,091 14 07/14/03 07:44 AM
by gnrm23
* Post deleted by Anno
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 5,845 45 03/08/04 02:40 PM
by Alan Stone
* To the Christians; From Enter
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
World Spirit 13,994 157 07/21/03 07:37 PM
by Funguy
* Christian Nations and War
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 3,979 40 01/05/03 05:42 PM
by Anonymous
* "There was only one true Christian..."
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 4,478 33 02/10/09 10:06 AM
by zen buddy
* Question about different Christian sects superpimp 1,426 12 08/08/03 06:32 AM
by gnrm23
* Onward Christian Stoner... JhadAgainstReality 4,790 6 09/08/03 12:48 AM
by monoamine

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
5,052 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.