Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMagicRat
The observer
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Tools From mother earth
    #2104825 - 11/14/03 02:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hi Guys been reading in on the site for a few weeks now, and figure its time i chime in from time to time. I guess i'll start off by relating some of my experience and the things i have come to understand from using the tools that were placed before me, who's ultimate purpose i believe is to show us the true meaning of what we are as humans. And to ultimately come to understand the meaning of the all to often misused word "god" or whatever you choose to call it. To come to the greater understanding all it really takes is and open heart and mind, and maybe a few tools along the way, in my case marijuana and "magic" mushrooms. Reading posts on this web page, have really helped to reafirm my experiences, and give me full confidence in the conclusions i have been drawing. Im looking farword to giving my input every now and then, and reading yours.

Now a quick question i have for the skeptics in the group. Do you ever stop to wonder why these certain drugs exist in the first place? Sure science can tell you that there is a "drug" contained in this plant or this mushroom, and if you ingest it "crazy" things will happen to you....hmm well its still just a plant or a mushroom that happends to just exist, and it also happends that its supposed to have the effect it has on you, and that its up to you to understand by simply asking why is this happening to me? how is this possible? Keys to the matrix...tools from the earth...its all a matter of how open minded you are and how willing you are to realize, hey im just a guy! what the fuck do i know?......exactly.

--------------------
"Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted"
Bruce Springsteen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Tools From mother earth [Re: MagicRat]
    #2104863 - 11/14/03 03:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

welcome magic rat,
they exist because they need to exist so that they can show mankind things they can not see on their own

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflinefruityBlue
Stranger
Re: Tools From mother earth [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2104941 - 11/14/03 03:38 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

do you really think that we can see these things without these universal gifts? - I am under the belief that we should be able to see and feel much knowledge that we have lost and that these gifts enable us to shed the distractions of modern history and concentrate on real awareness, I believe that these truths do not require outsdide toxins, yes they are an answer as is meditation and mantras.

MagicRat (the rat again - links within the ether) - have you seen any connection between fungus and astrology or crop circles - espessially looking at the "Mushroom" crop circle on page - http://www.mystic-mouse.co.uk/Wisdom_Texts/G_Tucker/Crop_Circles_2002/UK_Crop_Circle_Review_1.htm ?

peace and love

fruityBlue

--------------------
leave some for papa noel, he is old and needs his wisdom

Anonymous

Re: Tools From mother earth [Re: fruityBlue]
    #2105530 - 11/14/03 09:02 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

These substances are here as tools in my book. But they are hear to make us think about the world we live in and pay more atention to things we take for granted. A goal in my life is to be humble and mushrooms and other substances make me realize they greatness there is around me. I can try to be humble on my own but not as humbles as for when I am on some other substance.
My goal is to be humble on my own but our little friends are here as tools so we can use them.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2105540 - 11/14/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Now a quick question i have for the skeptics in the group. Do you ever stop to wonder why these certain drugs exist in the first place? Sure science can tell you that there is a "drug" contained in this plant or this grape, and if you ingest it "crazy" things will happen to you....hmm well its still just a grape that happends to just exist, and it also happends that its supposed to have the effect it has on you, and that its up to you to understand by simply asking why is this happening to me? how is this possible that I got a DUI after date-raping that girl? After all, fermented grape juice is a gift from planet earth.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2105541 - 11/14/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"and it also happends that its supposed to have the effect it has on you"

Maybe it's just an effective deterrant.

Animal eats mushroom, freaks out, animal stays away from mushroom.

"hey im just a guy! what the fuck do i know?"

Exactly. Most humans believe in a god or some purpose or something, which is likely all just products of the human mind, not necessarily relating in any way to the actual nature of the universe. Why assume that mushrooms are feeding you accurate information? Maybe all you experience and believe is just meaningless brainfarts.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

Re: Tools From mother earth [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2105558 - 11/14/03 09:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

they exist because they need to exist so that they can show mankind things they can not see on their own

1. why would a mushroom contain chemicals for the purpose of "enlightening" another organism?

why is there psilocybin inside mushrooms?

why have they evolved this adaptation?

what evolutionary advantage has "showing mankind things they cannot see on their own" given to mushrooms that contain psilocybin?

2. humans can see these things, and quite a bit more, without mushrooms. entheogens can help, but they aren't a magical key to an otherwise unopenable door. they only help wash the windows for a little while.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Tools From mother earth [Re: ]
    #2105581 - 11/14/03 09:30 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
what evolutionary advantage has "showing mankind things they cannot see on their own" given to mushrooms that contain psilocybin?

Well, if you want to get into theories or something, I think it makes sense that mycelium is a massive thought collector. What benefit would mycelium have in making something that can temporarily cause a connection to some crazy animal thinking crazy thoughts?

More knowledge. More understanding. It trades something to us for what we have to give.

It is furthering the understanding. I mean, we grow it in jars and share it with our friends. It spreads. The mycelium spreads.

And when we can travel through space, it will come with us. Hell, it is already up there on different worlds. It can communicate with itself acrossed space.

Just a theory, Mc Kenna's, I believe, but I sort of pulled it in and thought about it, and it makes a lot of sense to me....
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Anonymous

Re: Tools From mother earth [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2105592 - 11/14/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

makes a lot of sense to me....

the idea that psilocybin evolved as part of a symbiotic relationship between humans and mushrooms might make a little more sense to me if not for the fact that psilocybin-containing mushrooms first appeared millions and millions of years before the first humans, or that the cultivation of the mushrooms themselves (and consequently, this theorized symbiotic relationship) began only a few decades ago.

Anonymous

#2105601 - 11/14/03 09:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The largest organizm in the world is a mushroom that grew under a cornfield in PA or MI. It was a couple acres large. The mycelium remindes me of our brain somehow. Like it gathers up the information from our mother earth and shares it with us.
Phluck
"Animal eats mushroom, freaks out, animal stays away from mushroom"
Out doors deer and other mamals eat MJ plants. An out door patch I have seen was just a hole in the gound filled with straw and dung. Every time you'd go out and harvest 30 large earth worms would crawl out and disapear into the surounding vegitation. I think they were having a party under there.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2105602 - 11/14/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
the idea that psilocybin evolved as part of a symbiotic relationship between humans and mushrooms might make a little more sense to me if not for the fact that psilocybin-containing mushrooms first appeared millions and millions of years before the first humans, or that the cultivation of the mushrooms themselves (and consequently, this theorized symbiotic relationship) began only a few decades ago.

I'm not saying that it evolved as part of a symbiotic relationship between humans and mushrooms. I am saying that it formed one.

I mean, I don't see time as being relevant to mycelium. I mean, when it has spores slowly floating through space and so forth, and has been witness to evolution of countless species, I really don't think we can look at it with our understanding of time.

To think that we mean anything to the mycelium is sort of egotistical.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2105610 - 11/14/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Gee, you take all the "fun" out of fungus speculation with your rational assessment. :lol: 

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Tools From mother earth [Re: Swami]
    #2105625 - 11/14/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Gee, you take all the "fun" out of fungus speculation with your rational assessment. :lol:   

I didn't see it as being all that logical, just as misunderstanding what it was that I was saying. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Anonymous

#2105665 - 11/14/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not saying that it evolved as part of a symbiotic relationship between humans and mushrooms. I am saying that it formed one.

the question i asked was why mushrooms evolved the ability to produce psilocybin. you responded with the symbiosis theory. it seemed as though you were trying to give a possible answer to the question...

if you weren't... i still think it is rather hasty to call the relationship symbiotic. i would venture to say that the very great majority of psilocybe mushrooms grow in the wild, without the aid of man...

at any rate, someone made the claim that psilocybin-mushrooms exist on the planet for the purpose of furthering human consciousness.

now, no organism evolves any energy-consuming trait, such as the formation of psilocybin, unless it conveys some sort of adaptive advantage. if psilocybin did not benefit the mushrooms containing it, then the ones expending energy to produce it would be at an evolutionary disadvantage, and would not have thrived for so long.

so the question: why do psilocybin-containing mushrooms happen to exist here on this planet?

is really asking the same thing as:

what evolutionary advantage does psilocybin provide?

the answer to this question is clearly not: to expand human consciousness.

Anonymous

#2105675 - 11/14/03 10:06 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The mycelium remindes me of our brain somehow.

perhaps macroscopically they look slightly similar, but i do believe that if we got a mycologist and a neurologist in here to compare notes, i doubt the similarites would extend far beyond that.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2105676 - 11/14/03 10:06 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Let me think about this for awhile... I'll be back with some thoughts. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

#2105698 - 11/14/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Anybody know the name of that obscure usenet group where the mycology experts discuss things?

I read a thread there about the purpose of psychoactive substances in the fruiting bodies. Somehow the conclusion was that it wasn't for scaring away predators.

Can't find the thread (or the group) now though.

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

Anonymous

#2105705 - 11/14/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey take your time.
Mushmaster:
Yea I dont think that its a real brain or any thing. Just interesting how it grows in strands like that sort of remindes me of neroreseptors and transmitters. But in a way it is a brain. It tells it when its the right time to fruit. It tells it which way to grow and so on.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2105729 - 11/14/03 10:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps it's not important which specific plants/organisms have which specific "drugs" in them.

Maybe the importance is that the chemicals exist in the first place, reguardless of which specific area of Life they appear in.

Chaos Theory - my advice is to learn as much as you can.

Tryptamines seem quite widespread throughout at least some portions of Life, and are used in many different ways.

Tryptamines are a point on one fractal projection of reality, and relations between species-specific tryptamines (party of the body for one...hallucinogen for another) are an even smaller point on the tryptamine projection.

What I mean is: tryptamines exist because they have to exist. Not for any specific purpose...but because there is no possible way they couldn't exist given the properties of our Universe.

I see nothing strange in mushrooms and other plants producing these chemicals.

Nor do I see anything strange with how these chemicals effect higher-levels of consciousness (humans).

It's just the way it has to be.

Symbiotic nature.

Fractal projections.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

Re: Tools From mother earth [Re: trendal]
    #2105777 - 11/14/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, what's up with all the chaos theory?

I study chaos theory, and in laymans terms.. it's just a description of systems that are highly dependant on their initial parameters. Some systems are chaotic, some are not.

It's just a mathematical theory for describing the inability to measure perfectly, or to predict perfectly.. even in the simplest systems. It's more about our theories and postulates than about nature itself. Nature just is.

A lot of people would tell you otherwise, that there is something profound, but that is just beacuse we expect system, not chaos. Chaos theory have showed us that even the stupidest little systems we dream up, have the potential to turn chaotic.

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder