Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: silversoul7]
    #1838114 -

Ivy League is liberal as hell, for the most part. So are the 7-Sisters.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: wingnutx]
    #1838132 -

Ivy League is liberal? You could have fooled me. They might be more moderate than anything,but I still think they are conservative leaning for the most part.
I don't want to stereotype,but schools that have good business programs (most Ivy League) are generally conservative.


--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: monoamine]
    #1838158 -

Well, I know that Harvard is fairly liberal, but I've heard that Yale is like it's conservative counterpart(both Bushes went there).


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: silversoul7]
    #1838180 -

A university is made up of different colleges. I would not be suprised that the college of business is more conservative than the other colleges, like law or lib arts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: FileSoup]
    #1838655 -

What if you ever get convicted of a felon for having x amount of pot in your state, or some other drug.

Or lets say hit a mailbox or something.

I'd still think you have the right to have a gun.. even though its the "worst idea yovue ever heard".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: silversoul7]
    #1838662 -

harvard?
liberal?
roflz

all of the ivies are extremely conservative and concerned only with making money ( brown has some trouble there though ). they have great graduate programs and extremely good reputations, but those reputations hold no ground at all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: Crass]
    #1838949 -

Crass said:
What if you ever get convicted of a felon for having x amount of pot in your state, or some other drug.

Or lets say hit a mailbox or something.

I'd still think you have the right to have a gun.. even though its the "worst idea yovue ever heard".



I understand where you are coming from. I think it sounds worsy e than it is. A lot of people think of felons as baby raping murderers. To me if the crime is violent, their is no way in hell they should be able to get a gun legally. If you get caught with a gun while you are on parole, you can get 10 years. I tend to agree that certain 'felons' should be able to own a gun. I quoted the word because I think the people locked up for a lot of drug offenses shouldn't be. If you are a muderous crackhead, you should be put down. If you are harmless potthead you should be left the fuck alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: shakta]
    #1839245 -

If you are a muderous crackhead, you should be put down. If you are harmless potthead you should be left the fuck alone.

Jeez, you really fell for that Reaganite propaganda didn't you. Crackheads usually arn't murderous.

You are aware that 60 years marijuana was considered by far the most dangerous threat to america and was portrayed as something that instantly turned you into a murderer? Don't believe everything the government tells you about a drug.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: Xlea321]
    #1839371 -

at the same time, crack is addictive enough to have people doing anything to score their next hit, so I doubt his steriotype is wholly false, even if it is an oversimplification.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: ]
    #1839604 -

Quote:
i'm confident that man's first tool was a weapon of sorts. they're not going anywhere.




You survey the future of human evolution and tell us what will happen...Gee thanks!
So you are confident the future will meet with your expectations? (kind of convenient that) Humans will not evolve past the need to kill and maim in the future?
Perhaps you are simply basing your ideas on the whole future of human evolution around your own ego?
Just because you are unable to conceive a truly peaceful society doesnt mean that one cant exist in the future.


--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: Xlea321]
    #1839784 -

Alex, I said if you are a murderous crakchead, not just a run of the mill crackhead. My Dad was addicted to crack for 10 years I know the difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: GazzBut]
    #1839790 -

Sorry mate but what the hell was that all about, do you honestly believe that one day all humans will live peacefully and skip around holding hands, singing hymns and respecting nature. That's somewhat delusional.


--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1839844 -

Why is it "delusional" to believe that we, as a species, could one day evolve into a race where, and hear me out here, where violence, hate, murder, and intolerance simply make no sense anymore?

It's not going to happen overnight... but I beleive the first seeds of this evolutionary change have been planted. I just hope to gaia I'm here to see at least part of it...


--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1839879 -

Intolerance, hate and violence are all built into us, I too long for a day where people realise that all their arguements are pointless, we are all one species and we should unite as brothers to benefit eachother and the earth. But it is a little too optimistic, no matter how reasonable, justified and beneficial certain idea's maybe there is always going to be somebody that disagree's. It is part of free will and the ability to from our own opinions. We are flawed and imperfect we always have been and always will be....


--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1839890 -

Go take an Anthropology class.  I'm not saying I'm right, but...  Our existance, in global time, has been, literally, a blink of an eye. We evolved faster and further than (probably) any species in history.

When I say we will evolve into better people, I don't mean tha social change and philosophical breakthroughs will occur that will make us a utopian society.  I mean we will evolve into something else. I think that we will literally become a subspecies of Homo Sapiens, for whom those concepts that make us "flawed and imperfect" simply fail to have any meaning, much less value.  I was speaking quite literally :smile:


--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1839894 -

It could go the other way as well don't you think? I am not saying it will, but it is just as likely.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: shakta]
    #1839897 -

Entirely possible, I suppose... But I don't think there's much of an anthropological precedent for species' devolving into something less suited to adapt and further evolve. I could be wrong - never really thought about it.


--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1839915 -

Me either, just throughing it out there to see what everyone thinks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1839920 -

Firstly fuck off for the arrogance, It was a simple misunderstanding and it was not necessary.
Indeed our existance has comparatively speaking, been a blink of an eye
yet look at the difficulty were having now.

Quote:
We evolved faster and further than (probably) any species in history.



What do you base this assumption on and who are "we", are you referring to us as a species or to our ancestors? Modern humans haven't evolved biologically speaking in tens of thousand of years, unless you're referring to technological advances.

And it is more likely that we as a species will destroy ourselves or the enviroment before we take the next step on our evolutionary path


--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guns and Liberals [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1839930 -

Quote:
Sorry mate but what the hell was that all about, do you honestly believe that one day all humans will live peacefully and skip around holding hands, singing hymns and respecting nature. That's somewhat delusional.




You merely lack vision.


--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Media: Liberal Bias or Conservative Bias? Baby_Hitler 1,062 10 02/25/03 05:31 AM
by Evolving
* Liberal vs. Conservative silversoul7 1,564 4 09/19/04 08:34 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Conservatives and racism
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 5,291 26 08/16/04 08:03 PM
by Mushmonkey
* liberals vs. conservatives
( 1 2 3 4 all )
1stimer 6,865 70 06/21/03 09:32 PM
by Anonymous
* Why are conservatives so heartless and cruel?
( 1 2 3 all )
Ellis Dee 5,134 48 03/06/03 09:12 AM
by EchoVortex
* The liberal media.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
luvdemshrooms 15,241 227 10/16/03 01:27 PM
by Phred
* Liberalism vs. Conservatism puscle 1,199 14 03/16/03 08:00 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* Lets's talk guns. (small arms)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
monoamine 6,779 91 12/08/03 07:43 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
4,661 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.