Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Here and Now at S&P
    #1794484 - 08/09/03 03:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If i were to have one wish about this place.... I think it would be to see a very grounded.... down to earth relationship amongst members. I know its a far fetched "Dream" or "wish" as you call it. But i love this place, and i love the people here, i just hate to see so many good minds keep seperated from sharing their true experience. Whether it be our innate human nature or our simple reluctance to... "take a deep breath", I hope that one day... Maybe we can see past our differences... oour selves. call it what you will.

The voices on this thread to me are not those of computers. We are all very real. In a dark and lonely wood, without shelter, without the proper means for arms. A few small numbers of a race stand. They can accept one another... or they can fight and risk their survival. We cant forget that we are here... that this is happening... and that the people on here on not just random ideas we can fight because we dont understand. We must fight ourselves... to understand what we cannot. And a lot of times that means compromise.

This is how i have come to see S&P:

Ive seen a lot of people who used to post here drop out. Because the arguments go in circles. Or They are tired of the endless rants... where knowledge is only gained by those on opposing sides. As if it were a battle of some kind.

This is a great board and i hate to see it look like a blood bath. The be nice policy is a good thing that we have, as far as modship is concerned, and it keeps this place within at least in some lines. This goes back to my "wish", that everyone try to live in understanding. Im not trying to be jesus or being an elitist or whatever.... Im just expressing my concern for ALL the individuals here. I try to understand people as much as i can and for what its worth I respect the individuals here who hold up to their "beliefs". This might not make any sense.... but i hope that it reaches out to you guys.
--------------------------

Now that is said and done. Does anyone else have anything else to contribute POSITIVELY to this board... ie no skeptics dont do this... or no believers say that. We are people and thats what i think is the most important thing to remember. We are all human... as far as we are on the outside. I think we ought to be on the same page for all of us on at least some issues.

This may piss you off and you can tell that to me yourself. But I hope this post doesnt turn into other people telling eachother off. I barely get feedback here.... I hope this does something!

peace to all  :sun:

--------------------
What?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Here and Now at S&P [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1794501 - 08/09/03 04:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent post. Thank you.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1794502 - 08/09/03 04:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Does anyone else have anything else to contribute POSITIVELY to this board...

Is pointing out fallacious reasoning a positive or a negative thing? What about merely questioning? Correcting factual errors? Is silence or agreement the only way to be positive?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1794514 - 08/09/03 04:05 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

for me, this is just a forum for discussion, its entertainment, facilitated through our own passion for creating identity.

its just text, human created text, human communication. letters and numbers. coffee talk.

humans enjoy talking to each other, there doesnt have to be a meaning or a point to any of it, it shouldnt be hateful, but it doesnt have to be loving. its neutral, its a constructive chess game.

it would be interesting to see what this forum would be like if no identities were attached to the text we submit. then our communication would be streamlined and argument could not occur, it would be complete thought interaction.

but it wouldnt be as fun.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Here and Now at S&P [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1794603 - 08/09/03 05:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"I barely get feedback here.... I hope this does something!"

I really haven't posted here much but I read a lot of the posts here because one can learn a lot from everyone. Believe it or not, I have learned that little extra something about myself by just listening to others. I really like this place because it is a daily reminder for me about how wonderful our world is and how many freash ideas that come out. Letting go is a hard thing to do sometimes in this crazy world.

"Ive seen a lot of people who used to post here drop out. Because the arguments go in circles. Or They are tired of the endless rants... "

yeah people come and go but as soon as someone leaves, someone else is there to take their place (whatever that may be). Endles rants and reoccuring arguments are a natural thing for all boards I think.

"Does anyone else have anything else to contribute POSITIVELY to this board... "

It was such a lovely day outside yesterday. The clouds outside drooped over as if they were about to rain. Strangely the cloud wasn't a massive black cloud that stretched far beyond the eye could see, but rather split up, like a buch of puzzle pieces just waiting to be assembled. The sun was just going down when I realized that we are all connected to each other just as the clouds are connected to each other, through energy. And that since we are all one, I shouldn't judge others at all. there is no I anymore, just am

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Edited by kaiowas (08/09/03 05:03 AM)

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Here and Now at S&P [Re: kaiowas]
    #1794793 - 08/09/03 08:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I dont see too much wrong with the forum, maybe im mistaken. We should not have personal attacks, thats just stupid. As far as non believers and skeptics, i welcome them. If anyone could post anything they wanted on this board and everything lived by their word, that would be fucked up. When you break down someones theories and show the weaknesses, that will give them a chance to explore better fitting scenerios. maybe it is put on a little harsh, but people often get mad at someone questioning thier idea that aliens are stealing thier vibrations through a magical piece of foil they got off the top of an applesauce container...telling them that they need to think for themselves...lol...its all the game, if we didnt break down everything and reconstruct it, that would put us on the same level as your religious freak mom & dad ;]

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Here and Now at S&P [Re: tak]
    #1794826 - 08/09/03 09:20 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

when you speak of "the game" what are you referring to? just curious. I think questioning our beliefs constantly is key or else how can we find truth? I think a person getting mad at someone else for questioning their beliefs is taking things a little too seriously. if we get offended if our ideas are questioned tben we are missing the point of the questions in the first place. too bad there is so much judgement constatnly floating around.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Edited by kaiowas (08/09/03 09:21 AM)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Here and Now at S&P [Re: kaiowas]
    #1794860 - 08/09/03 09:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This forum has helped me out more times than I can remember.
There's so much confusion and determination here, It's great :smile:
the feedback is stellar.  everyone wants you to know exactly how they see the situation.  a constant dance of perspectives.  sometimes I get caught up in it and before I know it I don't know what the fuck to think about anything...    *thumbs up*

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Here and Now at S&P [Re: Grav]
    #1794997 - 08/09/03 12:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Grav:
Quote:

This forum has helped me out more times than I can remember.
There's so much confusion and determination here, It's great
the feedback is stellar. everyone wants you to know exactly how they see the situation. a constant dance of perspectives. sometimes I get caught up in it and before I know it I don't know what the fuck to think about anything... *thumbs up*

Lol. There is so much confusion i barely know sometimes why i even write the responses to some of the things on this board. And sometimes i cant even keep track of my thought processes they move and change to quickly. Maybe its just me.... but i would hope that one day between people they had some kind of "philosophers stone" between eachother. But i do agree. This place has lots of good characteristics... else i wouldnt be back here! :razz:  :loveeyes:  :cool:  :smile:

Autonomous: "Excellent post. Thank you. "

Your welcome
:wink:

Swami:
Quote:

Is pointing out fallacious reasoning a positive or a negative thing? What about merely questioning? Correcting factual errors? Is silence or agreement the only way to be positive?

WE all have a lot of errors on this board... and we correct eachother when we think we know the others intentions. But i know what you mean and i have come to appreciate being corrected in my thinking. In my ability to grasp.... down to earth. And to not float in dream land at every thought that comes my way. I think its hard for me and some people... and anyone to grasp what they dont understand, whether it be the questions they have about life or the world or anything for that matter. Without understanding how they got there....what their foundation is. They feel bare and naked and confused.... well maybe thats just me, but when im under scrutiny thats what seems to happen. I think humiliation in that sense... is a good thing to have when you are trying to be Down to earth... and trying to cope with whatever you have seem to come to illogically. That what you say swami is a very positive thing to do to people, but i do feel that sometimes it may unravel people, i think rather than rip people bare.... or lets say leave them hanging.... Give them something else to look at. Another possibility, another way for the intellect to let out what they dont understand, something for their humility to embrace once they have lost their "shell".
  :wink:  :smile:  :cool:  :laugh:
-------------------
AtomicFunkSoldier:

Quote:

for me, this is just a forum for discussion, its entertainment, facilitated through our own passion for creating identity.

its just text, human created text, human communication. letters and numbers. coffee talk.

humans enjoy talking to each other, there doesnt have to be a meaning or a point to any of it, it shouldnt be hateful, but it doesnt have to be loving. its neutral, its a constructive chess game.

I very much agree with you that we are here to seek our own identity or at least use it in interaction with the outside world. Or for us sometimes the inside world... of all of us. I dont think that i was really trying to make this about love... but rather that it not be hate. Love can come and go as it will, but hate it seems is so much easier to rise out of the hearts of people. I think that if we cant find our love, that we be neutral... like you say, accept the fact that we are human.... we make mistakes, and we should move on. I think there is more meaning in what you say than you would care to believe for yourself :smile:, but maybe thats just me. To me you are very real, and your comments, as far as the board is concerned is very important to me, and i doubt that others dont feel the same.  :laugh:
-----------------------------------
Kaiowas:

You are right, it always seems as though people come to replace those that leave. I had not really come to think of that.

"The sun was just going down when I realized that we are all connected to each other just as the clouds are connected to each other, through energy. And that since we are all one, I shouldn't judge others at all."

O i love the sky. When i go out... when its not blistering my skin. The skies here are wonderful. I will just sit and watch as the clouds go by, as day turns to dusk, and the sky lights up in fires of orange and pink and purple. I see the trees... forget about the cars, forget about roads, i see trees, and i hear the sounds of life. I know when i look out there that that is nature, not what we put in between us. What we put in between is our own contructs, and in this world, an aim for diversification. But i know that when i look at the sky or plant or a person i know i cannot do one thing to either of them, without damaging some part of my own life. That is the understanding i have come to with nature.... and most importantly in that "thing" which we have here, human relationships.  :sun:

---------------------------
Root Ninja Tak:

Quote:

if we didnt break down everything and reconstruct it, that would put us on the same level as your religious freak mom & dad ;]

Very good point. If we have been raised to believe what our parents have taught us... where does that put us. In their shoes?... something important to remember, when i think we look at our own lives. That we must be careful of what we "believe". I think in Moderation.... that this is a Very important tool for all of us to have. WIthout it... we might as well all be slaves to our own imagintion, although sometimes i feel myself slipping to that place...I remember to keep my head just a little above water. I love my imagination and all the things that i have been able to do with it. Maybe that would be a life without free will... to not be able to decide and choose Objectively what we want to believe and what we do not, but "faith" is sometimes necessary for acceptance, and faith comesin many forms. Acceptance goes beyond words or categories, it stands alone as the human ability to grasp and understand, as well as reason and the ability to cope with that which we cant seem to understand, or those things that which seem to be so heavy upon us.
:smile2:
----------------------------------------

I hope i got to everyone, much peace to you all. :smile:

--------------------
What?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology