Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1644892 - 06/19/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

slurping beer, breaking wind and taking potshots at anything that moves?

That wasn't a putdown?

See that's why you never make any sense.... your understanding of the written word is sadly lacking.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1644895 - 06/19/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

call it what you want....like i said you're almost not even worth a response.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1644901 - 06/19/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Are you two kids almost done stroking eachother or would you like some more time alone?... :smirk:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1644912 - 06/19/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That wasn't a putdown?

You believe inny doesn't break wind? I know you two are close but come on man.

Sorry, but the last "hunters" I saw in america with guns were doing precisely that.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Rono]
    #1644914 - 06/19/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

More time please!

You can come too if you promise NOT to wear that kilt!

It frightens me!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1644920 - 06/19/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Lets see how much lamer you can get.

I'm betting quite a bit if history is any indication.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Rono]
    #1645085 - 06/19/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

More than 90%
Percentage of respondents in Jordan, South Korea and Brazil who said the U.S. military could do more to avoid civilian casualties in military conflicts. Two out of three American respondents said the U.S. does enough.

To do more would imply better technology and more millitary power. These are some of the same responants that thought that our millitary was to powerfull and a threat to peace.
And then...

Quote:

Saddam Hussein
56%
Percentage of overall respondents who said the U.S. was wrong to invade Iraq. Thirty-seven per cent said the U.S. was right to invade. Fifty-one per cent said life for the Iraqi people will be better now that Saddam Hussein is gone, while only 20 per cent said life will be worse for them. Twenty per cent said it will make no difference and nine per cent said they don't know. Only 21 per cent believed the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq would result in an independent Iraqi regime.

So a good number of the respondents who think it was wrong also think that life is betterfor Iraqi people now. So does that mean that they just like to oppose America regardlass?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1645162 - 06/19/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

So does that mean that they just like to oppose America regardlass?

Give the man a cigar!

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1645163 - 06/19/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

So a good number of the respondents who think it was wrong also think that life is betterfor Iraqi people now. So does that mean that they just like to oppose America regardlass?

Maybe it means that they haven't figured out how to travel back in time and 'undo' something that has already happened and they had no control over?

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1645174 - 06/19/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If any external culture was working in America,
beyond marginal pop culture things that are
easily absorbed by America, you could call it
a hybrid, I think. But Europe looking like a
hybrid is just the last bits of culture that
are capable of co-existing with the monoculture,
the permissible bits that don't mean that much
and can be gotten rid of when they're done.
Something like that, I think.

The results of the survey = 'We are not like
you!' = just regional pride.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Edame]
    #1645279 - 06/19/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

maybe that is it. They had no control of it and so they automatically are against it. I can understand the impulse to feel that way. But the fact of the matter is that they did have control over it. They (the middle east and anywhere where extremist/terrorists reside) could have preempted all of this had they taken care of these groups on their own.

Anyway I just think it is funny. If their lives will be better then on what grounds is it wrong. Perhaps the execution was flawed but does that make it wrong?

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

#1645306 - 06/19/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That depends if you feel that the ends justify the means.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1645352 - 06/19/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was not trying to make an ends to means argument.
But it also depends on if you feel the means need justified in the first place.

--------------------

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
    #1645458 - 06/19/03 04:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wouldn't discussing the results of the survey be
more interesting than debating the right answer
to every question?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: bivalve]
    #1645519 - 06/19/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No. Details count.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1645530 - 06/19/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bivalve said:
If any external culture was working in America,
beyond marginal pop culture things that are
easily absorbed by America, you could call it
a hybrid, I think. But Europe looking like a
hybrid is just the last bits of culture that
are capable of co-existing with the monoculture,
the permissible bits that don't mean that much
and can be gotten rid of when they're done.
Something like that, I think.

The results of the survey = 'We are not like
you!' = just regional pride.

Good points...i agree that, with the satellite tvs, multi-billion dollare international corporations, and computer/ communication breakthroughs, this monoculture is growing and absorbing at a phenominal rate...and that no country is imune to its influence.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1645562 - 06/19/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
as you state that "America is shit" after saying that you don't come here is just as ignorant (meaning you don't now) as those you accuse to be.

Sorry, I have been to america many times when i was younger, and the main reason i won't go there now is because of thier drug laws and border harassment i get as 22 year old crossing from BC.

[

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1645572 - 06/19/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I bet if you put on one of Rono's dressed, they'd let you right through.

At least after a strip search.

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

#1645630 - 06/19/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I never said anything about being 'right'.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1646125 - 06/19/03 08:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the main reason i won't go there now is because of thier drug laws and border harassment i get as 22 year old crossing from BC

Is that it?  We went into Canada every Thursday night in college and were harrassed by the Canadian side every weekend.  Every single time we were somehow harrassed (latino friends i suppose)....I still think Canada is ok.....and i'm a lot older than 22 :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale