Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam...
    #1540231 - 05/11/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's amazing how religions can actually change the way you think, and act. Take my friend for example he used to be the mind expanding type, and we would talk about all sorts of theories, prophets, ect. ect. but it seems like every time I attempt to talk to him about anything that goes against his "teachings of christianity" he just spouts of some of his same old preachings... It's almost sad to watch it... It's like he has lost his ability to think! I don't know what to do... For instance in the christian religion it is a sin to consider other religions as possibilities and you have to have full faith in god to go to heaven or whatever so if you talk about another religion possibly being right he will just immidiatly go against it and take a christian perspective and argue how it's wrong, but basing it on nothing but a book. *sigh* another one bites the dust... I honestly think he has reached the point of no return just another blind sheep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: whole9]
    #1540268 - 05/11/03 10:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well, I see your point. Id does suck ass to speak with someone with absolutly no consideration for other opinions....believe me, I know. Most people you know are probably christians and a few hardcore christians. Ive talked to most of the ones that I know about it, when I asked them why they go to church, they say: "I don't know, I just always have." This is undoubtably a very poor answer and should make them consider exactly WHY they are going (although they usually dont). You must also strongly consider the chance of your friend being right, after all, it is possible. I consider myself to have an open mind about things like this and people like this, but I still know that I am ignorant no matter how many truths I seek. A whole lot of people just give up, like your friend. Seeking the truth is fairly exausting, some just cant put out as much as others and close up their minds for their own personal thought relaxation. It is a lot easier to follow a worn path than to make your own, especially when your machettie (sp.) is getting dull, so do yourself a favor and bring a sharpener on the journey.

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: bluesky]
    #1540295 - 05/11/03 10:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Dogma between friends.. weird shit. If you can't forget yourself around friends.. that sucks. I guess I'm an "environmentalist" and I hang out with like-minded people, but when I'm hanging out with my good friends nothing's sacred and nobody's going to attack me for speculating that global warming is a hoax perpetuated by hysteria and that there's nothing wrong with mass extinction and all the rest.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1540370 - 05/11/03 11:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

These kind of threads are a dime a dozen...

It's like all the non believers here feed off each other.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: Zahid]
    #1540410 - 05/11/03 11:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Touche... you're totally right. Anyway, let's all go to church

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: Dogomush]
    #1540439 - 05/11/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ya, all this thinking is making my head hurt. Let's all go listen to a sermon from some preacher telling us what to believe.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: silversoul7]
    #1540481 - 05/11/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Ya, all this thinking is making my head hurt. Let's all go listen to a sermon from some preacher telling us what to believe.

sounds easy enough =D

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: silversoul7]
    #1540485 - 05/11/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

But come on, lets just look at this from the churches perspective... If you could think and switch to other religions how would the guys at the top get their masses of collection money?

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: superfine]
    #1540511 - 05/12/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Religion tends to be used to justify the actions of assholes. Remember back a few centuries in England? Most people were basically broke as fuck and lead really grim lives, while the wealthy class, the elite, the royalty vasked in their comfy, cooshy life styles. Instead of following Christian morality, such as SHARING, CARING, LOVING, or a dozen other virtues, these royal dickheads made up lies to justify the situation. "Your suffering is God's will, life is supposed to be suffering and pain, and if you are good, you will go to heaven, which is eternal happiness". And the people actually believed this crap. This load of bull was used to trick the people, so they wouldn't get fed up and revolt and overthrow the wealthy cocksuckers.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Anonymous

#1541117 - 05/12/03 07:45 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Every authority attempts brainwashing. Most people are too lazy to think for themselves, including the non-religious.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: ]
    #1543727 - 05/12/03 11:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Mr. Mushrooms took the words right out of my mouth!

Think for yourself, question authority.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: Murex]
    #1558944 - 05/18/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Think for yourself, question authority.

Don't tell me what to do, FUCKER!

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#1559146 - 05/19/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have a story somewhat opposite of the first post. I have a friend who became bron again Christian several years ago and closed her mind right off to everything. She resented me for exploring different religions and only accepting what felt right to me. We lost contact after going on vacation together and getting into a big fight then a month ago I bumped into her..... she's not Christian anymore, she's curious about Buddhism, and she's starting to become curious about entheogens. When I asked her why she left Fundamentalist Christianity she said that it was too small a worldview and that she couldn't keep ignoring that fact anymore.

Just told that story to show that people can get out of that conditioning, people can remember how to think for themselves.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #1559881 - 05/19/03 11:37 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Someone remind who said that The worst advocates for religion are those who follow it...I cant seem to remember, but its oh-so-true.

I mean, religion itself, isnt really bad. Christian ideals are GENERALLY good. Ya know? Dont steal/cheat/lie/murder. But others are bad. I mean...I dont know. It seems that if people actually ACTED Christian, and had tolerance/respect/love for people, instead of looking down on anyone who was different, the world would be a decent place.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1560225 - 05/19/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Don't tell me what to do, FUCKER!

You're catching on.  :wink:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: ]
    #1560239 - 05/19/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"Every authority attempts brainwashing. Most people are too lazy to think for themselves, including the non-religious."

well man lol if everybody thought for themselves all the time then cooperation and collaboration would not be possible... i think it is often a great idea to realize that I am not the best of the best, and that other people's ideas can indeed help me with my life - its just when attempts at "total-control" and manipulation and cheating and exploitation and stealing and lying and hiding things from people comes into play that bothers me the most about "authorities brainwashing" everybody.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/19/03 02:08 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1560249 - 05/19/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Religions are all the same. Different ways of looking and interpreting the same thing. Then in the process it becomes twisted, misinterpreted, changed, etc.

Eventually, when we wise up.. there will only be one religion, and it will encompass all beliefs and non-belief. It will be the human religion, where every belief is valid, and none is excluded. A religion of being true to yourself, and what YOU believe in. Who you are. A religion based on world unity instead of separation. Yeah. Not until we wise up though.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1560686 - 05/19/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think it is often a great idea to realize that I am not the best of the best, and that other people's ideas can indeed help me with my life

Isn't that thinking for yourself?

Anonymous

Re: Religions do a really good job of brainwashing... dam... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1560712 - 05/19/03 04:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Out of all the "Christians" I have met, only about 1% of them live the ideas that Jesus taught (or at least try to). All the others care about is church dogma, which is ludicrous to begin with. As a matter of fact, modern Christianity is so far removed from anything resembling Jesus' teachings that I would prefer to call it Antichristianity.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale