Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Can you get to heaven if you don"t love God?
    #872644 - 09/09/02 02:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Another thread where ONLY scripture is relevant...

Can a person get to heaven if they do not love god, or even hate God, but otherwise follow his commandments.

How can anyone love a god that would torture his children for all eternity. This to me makes the "love" of God akin to the "love" of a child molester.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Can you get to heaven if you don"t love God? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #872675 - 09/09/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Can a person get to heaven if they do not love god, or even hate God, but otherwise follow his commandments.

How can anyone love a god that would torture his children for all eternity. This to me makes the "love" of God akin to the "love" of a child molester.

No. The relationship has to be mutual. We (believers) love God because He Created us, and gave us life so we can serve Him. God also has a promise to those who serve Him, the world and everything in it does not.

I'm not going to deny God because He damns those who are wicked to Hell. Hell also benefits the believers, because we fear God's wrath. Personally, I can't deny the realities I discovered, and the idea of burning forever in Hell quite frankly scares me.

All I know is that is God has a promise, He loves me, He forgives me, He gives me true peace in my heart, and He created me. For that I love Him more than anything in the world.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Can you get to heaven if you don"t love God? [Re: Zahid]
    #872740 - 09/09/02 02:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

I'm not going to deny God because He damns those who are wicked to Hell.

But you believe that good people that do not believe in him will go to Hell.

These people aren't wicked. Why would God expect people to believe in him when he has not chosen to make himself seen by them. There is no concrete proof that he does or does not exist. Faith in God is not really faith in God, it is faith in the people that told you that he exixts, and ancient inscriptions that cannot be proven. There are many ancient beliefs, what makes them any more or less likely to be true?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#872807 - 09/09/02 03:14 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Your whole meaning of life is based on fear. All the lovey-dovey things you say about your god seems to be just lies you're telling yourself to try and hide that fact.

We both want.... To rape you.

Anonymous

Re: Can you get to heaven if you don"t love God? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #872821 - 09/09/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Is the pizza palace still open?  I like the thin 'n crispy crust with lots of anchovies.

Nummy! :smile:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #872903 - 09/09/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

what about people of other religions..... they may live their whole lives good people, but are cast to hell simply cause they chose to worship different god(s)?doesnt make much sence to me......

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Can you get to heaven if you don"t love God? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #872942 - 09/09/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Of course it doesnt make sense, your not a blind god-fearing worshipper like our friend Zahid

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #872946 - 09/09/02 04:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

But you believe that good people that do not believe in him will go to Hell.

I believe so. Sorry. :frown:

These people aren't wicked. Why would God expect people to believe in him when he has not chosen to make himself seen by them. There is no concrete proof that he does or does not exist. Faith in God is not really faith in God, it is faith in the people that told you that he exixts, and ancient inscriptions that cannot be proven. There are many ancient beliefs, what makes them any more or less likely to be true?

Because first, Humans have free will, and God making an appearance does not fit into His plan. Second, those who disbelieve deny the existence of God, and God does not like this (Who am I to question?). Thirdly, Muhammad told us to surrender to God - and he told us that this is what Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and the rest of the prophets preached. If my 'faith in God' isn't faith in God, then what am I worshipping then, who am I working for?

wrestler_az wrote:
what about people of other religions..... they may live their whole lives good people, but are cast to hell simply cause they chose to worship different god(s)?doesnt make much sence to me......

According to the deen I follow, there are a select few religions that are accepted by God, namely Judaism, Chritianity, and a few more that hardly exist today. Both these faiths involve the belief in God, angels, Satan - and they involve the very important act of repentence, along with the destinations of Heaven and Hell. Worshipping a god other than God is a big no-no, and dying in this state after you have been called to worship the one God (knowledge of God's message) is definately not a good thing, because you would have died while associating partners with God. 

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (09/09/02 04:52 PM)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#872964 - 09/09/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

According to the deen I follow, there are a select few religions that are accepted by God, namely Judaism, Chritianity, and a few more that hardly exist today. Both these faiths involve the belief in God, angels, Satan - and they involve the very important act of repentence, along with the destinations of Heaven and Hell. Worshipping a god other than God is a big no-no, and dying in this state after you have been called to worship the one God (knoledge of God's message) is definately not a good thing, because you would have died while associating partners with God.

see this is where i have troubles understanding your god. he CLAIMS to love all people..... heres the scenario..... this person is brought up by his parents, who were in turn brought up by theirs, so on and so on, in worshiping a set of gods pertaining to a certian religon. a misionary comes, trys telling them about the one all mighty, and that the gods they have been worshiping for generations are just their imagination.....of corse id tell the misonary thats nice but no thanks im happy with the ones i got now, following the rules of my religon.  your god has the nerve to send these people to hell? how selfish! quite frankly, i dont need a god like that, doesnt sound all loving to me, more like greedy selfish conceeded bastard! :shocked:  why exactly did he give us FREE WILL if only to punish us if we decide to use it?

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#872966 - 09/09/02 04:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

on a side note..... "namely Judaism......"

how could a god such as yours throw away all these other religons, but yet allow for the one that denies the reserection of christ, his own son?

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by wrestler_az (09/09/02 04:32 PM)

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #872988 - 09/09/02 04:43 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

see this is where i have troubles understanding your god. he CLAIMS to love all people..... heres the scenario..... this person is brought up by his parents, who were in turn brought up by theirs, so on and so on, in worshiping a set of gods pertaining to a certian religon. a misionary comes, trys telling them about the one all mighty, and that the gods they have been worshiping for generations are just their imagination.....of corse id tell the misonary thats nice but no thanks im happy with the ones i got now, following the rules of my religon. your god has the nerve to send these people to hell? how selfish! quite frankly, i dont need a god like that, doesnt sound all loving to me, more like greedy selfish conceeded bastard! why exactly did he give us FREE WILL if only to punish us if we decide to use it?

God does not love all people. As I've just said, the relationship has to be mutual. He loves those who make the choice (notice how they are using their free will) to worship Him, repent when they've sinned, and to live a righteous life. Selfish? I wouldn't know. All I know is that I fear God (For He created and sustains Hell), and based on what I have experienced only a fool would go back to disbelief. Yes, you can get through this life without religion. Can you get through the next?

And if you read carefully, you should know Islamic tradition stresses that Jesus was not the son of God, but only a prophet who taught his followers to surrender to the one God.

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#872992 - 09/09/02 04:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i have my own religon..... i am my own god :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#872998 - 09/09/02 04:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

dude, get a hobby
love something
stop doing this to yourself

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: Can you get to heaven if you don"t love God? [Re: Grav]
    #873001 - 09/09/02 04:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ya, really man...... :smirk: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by wrestler_az (09/09/02 04:54 PM)

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #873003 - 09/09/02 04:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, dude, if you're going to continue talking, say something intelligent. Contradict me. Dialogue, man.

dude, get a hobby
love something
stop doing this to yourself

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#873016 - 09/09/02 05:01 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hrmm.. for some crazy reason that seems like it would be a waste of typing.. sorry dude

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#873029 - 09/09/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, Zahid the fearer of gods, heres one for you

If you have an ounce of intelligence in your close-minded brain, you would probably realize that nobody on this board is gonna swallow your fairy-nog...  so.. whats your motivation? You're here ranting that we should worship your god or go to hell.. Who the fuck is going to take you seriously?

You know you're not going to change anyones minds here.. so are you just desperately trying to instill fear in people's minds for fun?

I dont know...  your posts are usually good for a chuckle but im feeling tired and intolerant...

Dude, if you got beat up alot in school, its okay, they were just kids. Get over it.  :confused:

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #873040 - 09/09/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Baby_Hitler wrote:
In reply to:

--------------------

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #873055 - 09/09/02 05:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

God is bullshit, and AS you die, I hope you remember that maybe everything you beleived was wrong and there is nothing after life.  All i want is for you to at least acknoledge to me that you COULD be wrong, that's all.
I can admit that much for my athiest views, would you be so arrogent (much like the religion itself, Man being created in the image of god? thats a TAD bit narcissitic to me...) to think that your belief structure is central to the entire universe?
Give it a try, swallow your pride. :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by blinkidiot (09/09/02 05:30 PM)

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Can you get to heaven if you don"t love God? [Re: blink]
    #873082 - 09/09/02 05:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

God is bullshit, so are you, and AS you die, I hope you remember that maybe everything you beleived was wrong and there is nothing. All i want is for you to at least acknoledge to me that you COULD be wrong, that's all.
I can admit that much my athiest views, would you be so arrogent (much like the religion itself, Man being created in the image of god? thats a TAD bit narcissitic to me...) to think that your belief structure is central to the entire universe?
Give it a try, swallow your pride.

The possibility that I am wrong? While my faith is solid as a rock, none of us will really know until we die - but my personal experiences involving God contradict the reality that atheists and nonbelievers alike percieve. Can you acknowledge the possibility that I might be right?

...and man being created in God's image is a Christian tradition.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order