Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Love, accepetance, and human interaction
    #6565384 -

I dont get it. I honestly dont fucking understand it.

why do we feel the need to be loved?
why do we feel the need to be accepted?

those two, I have no understanding of. Maybe it is because I have always been loved and accepted (or atleast I have thought I was), but I haven't had anything above and beyond any other average person has had.

For the third.... human interaction is just another word for acknowledgment, aka attention.. it is just a nicer way around the obvious.

Love..... I am loved by my mother, that is about all I am positively sure of.... that is enough for me. Now granted, someone could have no parents, or have no parents that love them.... I could understand a void which you would strive to have filled. Everyone else is striving for #3 (attention), and a majority of people who claim their parents dont love them, are doing so for #3.

acceptance..... this I really dont understand. I think everyone can agree that I am not favorably accepted (to most) in this community. I realize I come off as a terse asshole..... but I am accepted almost everywhere I go.... why? because I dont strive to be accepted.
I have used the word "I" far too many times for my own liking so far, but it is helping to get my point across here.....
It seems there are two sides to the "accepted" coin: respect and attention.

Respect is taken and/or earned.
Here is a good scenario: You are a fly on the wall at a bar, and you see two people, who are each at that bar without any comrades. Guy #1 has had to drink away his inhibition to talk to people, and begins doing so in a very loud fashion, so that everyone can hear him. He says things to one person loudly, and then glances around with a smile of stupidity on his face, hoping to catch anyones eyes who has given him the slightest amount of concern.
Guy #2, comes in, sits down, orders his drinks..... and that is it. He is perfectly ok with sitting there in silence, or atleast quietly observing the crowd and conversations.
sadly it is human nature to have more respect for #2 than #1.... dont agree with me? lets say #1 talks to some guy who is annoyed to the point of punching him...... most people would watch and think, " that dumb fucker, had it coming being that annoying". Then there is #2, and some guy has a problem with him for some reason, and punches #2.... most people would watch and think "what the fuck, that guy was just sitting there minding his own business".

i can see the need for acceptance in peoples eyes, and maybe that is what disgusts me about them, is that self-induced need that propels them to talk my fucking ear off......

sadly, people (especially in America) have become so conditioned to equate attention with attraction and attraction equates with respect and affinity.
But that isnt the case..... so we have become a nation of attention whores who have cried wolf so many times that it isnt working and we have to start creating arguments to shelter justification of such behaviour, like acceptance and other terms denoting emotionally fragile people.

So, am I a completely cold hearted asshole, or doth I speak a speck of truth that can maybe be a catalyst to some of you attention whores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6565487 -

I dont get it. I honestly dont fucking understand it. why do we feel the need to be loved? why do we feel the need to be accepted?

I can't give you a definitive answer, but I believe that it has to do with ensuring our own survival and our ability to reproduce. Through human evolution, those who felt the need to feel loved would have done things to ensure that others did love them. This would increase their chances for survival and reproductive success. Our emotions are finely tuned by evolution, so it's just a matter of being a complex social organism that relies on cooperation.

For the third.... human interaction is just another word for acknowledgment, aka attention.. it is just a nicer way around the obvious.

Human interaction requires attention but they are not the same thing. You seem to be implying that we're somehow pathetic creatures who create euphemisms for our own emotional needs. Yes, most human beings feel a need for attention from other human beings. We've evolved as social creatures. Still, "human interaction" is not the same thing as "acknowledgement." A manipulative psychopath who doesn't feel the need to be loved would still have to interact with others.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying by "it's just a nicer way around the obvious" but it's clear that the implication points to a weakness. I think your implication is misguided.

but I am accepted almost everywhere I go.... why? because I dont strive to be accepted.

I don't accept your explanation. It takes energy to be accepted by others because you have to live by rules and accomodate other people's needs. If you didn't strive to be accepted, then you probably wouldn't be living by the rules and accomodating others and thus you wouldn't be accepted. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, you are striving to be accepted. You might not consciously realize it and you might not want to accept it yourself, but you must be striving to be accepted. If you weren't striving to be accepted then you would go through life constantly violating all of society's rules and nobody would accept you, precisely because you're not striving to cooperate.

Your example with the two guys at the bar more or less illustrates my point. I don't know why you think that it's sad that human nature is like this. People don't like it when others violate the rules, even if those rules do seem like arbitrary customs with no inherent value. You might not see the value in those norms, but adhering to them indicates your willingness to cooperate with others and given that we're social creatures, people are obviously going to respect that. It's not sad at all. It's good. We're tuned to detect people who are likely to violate rules or cheat others. People who cooperate are rewarded and those who break the rules are punished. This basically follows the inherent morality behind the "Golden Rule" and it is a sign that, on some level, people acknowledge that for society to work best we all must cooperate. I don't know why you find this so sad.

so we have become a nation of attention whores who have cried wolf so many times that it isnt working and we have to start creating arguments to shelter justification of such behaviour, like acceptance and other terms denoting emotionally fragile people.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I'm not an American, but based on your post, I think that you're lamely trying to explain yourself (for what, I'm not sure). Most of your post reads like an attempt at a philosophical justification for being a jerk, but your main points criticize fundamental aspects of being human. Unless you are a sociopath, which I suspect you are not, you are not exempt to these fundamnetal aspects of being human (you're basically criticizing the need to be accepted, yet you're clearly posting it so that your argument and hence you, will be accepted).

People like feeling loved and accepted and there is a very good reason for that: we want to survive, have children and live in relative peace and quiet. We can all live better lives if we cooperate, but we need to establish some way of detecting those (assholes) who might violate the rules. Feeling accepted is your brain's way of signalling to you that others think you're following the rules. It's telling you that you're doing a good job as a social creature. Feeling loved is a sign that others value your existence and hence might assist you if you were ever in danger. These aren't tragic aspects of human nature: rather, they are the embodiment of and motivation behind some of our most noble ideas.

I'm not sure what your specific problem is, but I find your post really lame. Like I said, it comes off as a lame attempt at justifying being a jerk. I don't think anyone's going to buy it, precisely because simply attempting to excuse your behaviour in this way is a sign that you're not exempt from what you're criticizing.

In summary: grow up and stop being a jerk or doing whatever you're doing to piss people off.

Edited by Xtals (02/14/07 01:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: Xtals]
    #6566128 -

I don't see love as the same as attention. Love has always been a vibration which comes from within me, I don't feel love coming at me from others. Attention is a concept which basically triggers different emotional responses in different people. Some people are happy to get "attention", others get anxious or sad.

Acceptance.. do you really see the need of people to be accepted in their eyes, or are you projecting this on to them? If by acceptance you mean trying to make a friend, I would agree. I think what you see as "trying to be accepted" really is just trying to be friendly. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to make connections - it is impossible to make friends if you care more about proving that you don't need acceptance than being socially flexible or cooperative.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction *DELETED* [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #6566691 -

Post deleted by capliberty

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #6566742 -

cowabunga_dude said:
I don't see love as the same as attention. Love has always been a vibration which comes from within me



You know, obviously I agree with you that love is not the same thing as attention, but to define love as a "vibration" makes me stop. I certainly can't agree with you that love is a vibration. Even if you feel it as a "vibration", this means nothing to me because I am not you and don't see how love could possibly be a vibration. Until your second sentence, we were having a rational discussion. Now we're talking in metaphors that not all of us will agree on. STFU.

That stuff doesn't obviously translate to everyone in the real world.

Yep. It's even harder to make emotional concepts translate to everyone in metaphorical terms that clearly won't be agreed upon by everyone.

You could be misattributing the reason that you're in the minority. You seem to be using a circular argument: you haven't been accepted by the majority, so you don't accept the majority, so you're in the minority. However, the first point is equivalent to the last point, so you've just said that since you're in the minority you don't accept the majority which just puts you in the minority. It's a vicious cycle.

Nobody is accepted by everyone, but we have to strive to find common ground. Using idiotic metaphors is one way of evading that common ground and certainly people who think they're "enlightened" do it as well as people who feel like they're outcasts do it. A good start would be to try talking in sensible terms. Then you should try opening up dialogue. You seem to be caught in a vicious cycle without realizing it.

I certainly might not be accepted by the majority here, but I do try to accept everyone's experiences. Doing that has to involve using language that everyone can agree on. When people babble about vibrations of love and I have no idea what the fuck they're talking about, it's hard to find common ground (I have never felt an emotion as a vibration and I find the metaphor baffling; in fact, I find it so obviously made up from various cultural cliches that it comes of as lame).

You guys can make all of the excuses you want for not being a part of the majority. Like I said, nobody is accepted by the majority. Until you come up with specific reasons for where you differ from others and what others can't accept about you, then your reasons are purely abstractions without any meaning. I can concretely say that I think people tend not to accept me because I'm arrogant. I can try to explain why I tend to be like that and so forth. It wouldn't do much good if I simply made a bunch of posts about how nobody accepted what I said and that my vibrations were being misunderstood.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: Xtals]
    #6566883 -

Xtals said:
I dont get it. I honestly dont fucking understand it. why do we feel the need to be loved? why do we feel the need to be accepted?

I can't give you a definitive answer, but I believe that it has to do with ensuring our own survival and our ability to reproduce. Through human evolution, those who felt the need to feel loved would have done things to ensure that others did love them. This would increase their chances for survival and reproductive success. Our emotions are finely tuned by evolution, so it's just a matter of being a complex social organism that relies on cooperation.



Good post by the way.... but, I dont think our emotions are finely tuned by evolution at all, but rather social conditioning (which some might argue is a part of evolution). What does the word love mean? it is an abstract and subjective "emotion".
Quote:
sadly, people (especially in America) have become so conditioned to equate attention with attraction and attraction equates with respect and affinity.


.
I dont see where love and acceptance increase your odds for survival and procreation? especially in the face of one-night-stands. How do you accept and love someone without even knowing their name?

Quote:
For the third.... human interaction is just another word for acknowledgment, aka attention.. it is just a nicer way around the obvious.

Human interaction requires attention but they are not the same thing. You seem to be implying that we're somehow pathetic creatures who create euphemisms for our own emotional needs. Yes, most human beings feel a need for attention from other human beings. We've evolved as social creatures. Still, "human interaction" is not the same thing as "acknowledgement." A manipulative psychopath who doesn't feel the need to be loved would still have to interact with others.



so, please list some situations where human interaction is not mere acknowledgement. Like.... a bank teller?


Quote:
but I am accepted almost everywhere I go.... why? because I dont strive to be accepted.

I don't accept your explanation. It takes energy to be accepted by others because you have to live by rules and accomodate other people's needs. If you didn't strive to be accepted, then you probably wouldn't be living by the rules and accomodating others and thus you wouldn't be accepted.



see, that is exactly what I am arguing against: acceptance doesnt require you accomodate other peoples needs, that is attention whoring. You aren't being accepted by merely not participating in social taboo's in public.


Quote:
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, you are striving to be accepted. You might not consciously realize it and you might not want to accept it yourself, but you must be striving to be accepted. If you weren't striving to be accepted then you would go through life constantly violating all of society's rules and nobody would accept you, precisely because you're not striving to cooperate.



i dont buy this at all. Just because I dont violate a social taboo doesnt equate to me striving to be accepted. Just because when I sit at a bar by myself, and I refrain from slapping my dick in a beer puddle on the bar, doesnt mean I am trying to be accepted by that indistinct group.



Quote:
so we have become a nation of attention whores who have cried wolf so many times that it isnt working and we have to start creating arguments to shelter justification of such behaviour, like acceptance and other terms denoting emotionally fragile people.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I'm not an American, but based on your post, I think that you're lamely trying to explain yourself (for what, I'm not sure).



up until now you had a good post going, but it has become marred by this crappy attempt at psychoanalyzing and putting the focus on me. This comment might have more weight if we had more of a debate history together.

Quote:
Most of your post reads like an attempt at a philosophical justification for being a jerk,



I dont really need to justify it.


Quote:
but your main points criticize fundamental aspects of being human. Unless you are a sociopath, which I suspect you are not, you are not exempt to these fundamnetal aspects of being human (you're basically criticizing the need to be accepted, yet you're clearly posting it so that your argument and hence you, will be accepted).



Like I said before, I am probably not favorably accepted here by most. But I am accepted nonetheless. These are the two sides of acceptance: striving to be favorably accepted.... and then being who you are, with unbending resolve, not letting other peoples fragile emotions and realities restrict who you are.





Quote:
In summary: grow up and stop being a jerk or doing whatever you're doing to piss people off.



what is more immature: showing a facade to placate the rigid guidelines of others to be accepted, or being who you are, undeterred by insults of lameness and being a jerk, and being satisfied at the end of the day that you didnt have to compromise your integrity and character to appease others?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: capliberty]
    #6566900 -

Quote:
Acceptance.. do you really see the need of people to be accepted in their eyes, or are you projecting this on to them?



actually that was nonsense. Sorry... I dont know why I put that line in there. I didnt mean "I can see it in their eyes".... not sure why that cliche popped up. but... I can see it, and maybe it is a projection, but that gets into Sarte territory which has no end.

edit: meant to reply to cowabunga_dude.

Edited by psilocyberin (02/14/07 01:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6567147 -

If you aren't striving to be accepted why did you make this post?

Love is important to me because it allows people to be honest with one another and themselves. I believe that those who hate others are just projecting their self-hate. When you can accept yourself, you can love yourself and then loving others becomes a viable option.

Acceptance is important to me because it opens up opportunities that otherwise would not exist. The less I accept the more I am forced to deny -- deny relationships, experiences and possibilities. Acceptance is important because it allows people to find common ground without rejecting one another on the basis of superficial differences. As Xstals said, it allows cooperation and our growth as social organisms.

I would say that you are accepted here because most of us acknowledge that different people have different ideas about things. We don't have to force agreement or convert you, but you seem troubled by a lot of the beliefs you hold and it seems like you come here to learn something from all of our shared experiences and perspectives. That is something that I can respect regardless of the often crude and abrasive approach that you take.


--------------------
As we live a life of ease,
Everyone of us has all we need
Sky of blue and Sea of Green
In our Yellow Submarine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6567223 -

Reality can be likened to many things, one is an onion.

Most all people are on the outside of the onion, heavily vested in ego games they have been handed out and told to play with. Many of these games involve very complex scripts constantly rehearsed in the head and reinforced by various sources that exist on the onion level which would provoke one to punch man #1 or man #2 if X Y and B + C are met.

Some people would have no criterion they would encounter that would ever cause them to punch man #1 or #2, in the extremes they would rather die than to raise a fist in violence, even defensively.

Now, when you run around viewing the outer layers of reality, things are very very ugly, but everything has its core and everything has its source.

Beneath angry bar drunk #1 is a God shackled in chains just screaming, LET ME BE, LET ME BE BENEVOLENT, LET ME HEAL YOU.... but this is in such conflict with bar drunk #1's ego programs that to introduce God into his system would be tantamount to downloading a computer virus. His ego which is so firmly vested in divisiveness would feel it is under extreme duress, and when the layers are stripped away, he would think he is going to hell, dying, etc... and would refuse to let go of his anchors, until he realized the truth at least.

Now some people, they have stripped away most layers, but they haven't quite completely unraveled the onion into oblivion... yet, they know with good faith through experience that they are of the same composition of everything else, and they are near enough to the "core" to be able to see through other people's surface layers into that wihch we all come from. That inner core, which does not have tangible existence, that once reached yields open space and complete infinitity, perceived albeit subjectively.

For them, they are not as easily daunted by surface layers, because if they are insulted, they look beneath the insult. Why is this being said? If they see there is actually truth in the hard words, then they learn something about themselves they didn't know, and they are not poisoned enough by egoic delusions (although i don't think ego in and of itself is bad, i do not use the term "ego" in a negative way) to JOIN angry bar drunk #1's malicious programs and dance a fearsome dance...... They think.... why does he say I am a nerd... is there something I am projecting which is negative? Is there something wrong with him? Does he suffer from afflictions? They listen to the silence between the words, and they know, that beneath all the garbage, the raving junk-yard dog is a puppy... beneath all the hatred and the walls, this man is an infant.

Because they see this, they are not likely to get into conflicts. They have no reason to defend themselves, as they are composed of the same self as everyone else, and they are not likely to ever act out any ego-games that would make people angry in the first place.

If a fight is about to break out, they may smile and say "hey man lets just have a drink instead" and they'd buy him a beer, whatever they do, it would be completely contrary to the negative scripts angry bar drunk #1 is running. This is just a metaphor and is not be analyzed in one single bit. Absolutely no "but what if he was intent on hurting you no matter what" that is not the point of this story at all.

So.

You speak of a void. This void is a desire to touch the inner-space that ties all of reality together. To be one with God. The nameless, the ineffable mystery that countless people have named, labeled, dissected, created false formulas for. Those that have touched it have taught others to touch, however if their truth is interpreted by deaf ears, it results in the blind leading the blind.

If one man says, television is Satan. And another man says, television is Satan. One could be full of shit, and the other could be speaking truth. It depends on how far out they have learned, and what they MEAN when they use that random compilation of words. Generally it would be an unskilful thing to say unless in metaphor, as the subject is so broad and takes so much peeling to get at, that if someone took face value seroiusly they would either become extremely terrified, or denounce you as a loon. So one would describe the bad qualities of television catered to the individual's ears.

At any rate. We all have voids in us, and society teaches us that these voids can be filled by certain activities that actually create deeper holes. What we need is God. Or Jesus. Or whatever you want to call it... I am not quite sure what it is yet...... and everything in this world is a tool. The tool can be used to connect to the Source, or it can be used for self-indulgence, or however you want.

So every person is a tool. So when you see a person and you have a void, you may be running errant surface layer programs that you have been taught by media that make you rather parastical, you may think that the only way you can be happy is if this person becomes your Jesus for you...... while sometimes and often times romantic love can indeed be used to connect to source, it can only be done by the ready and the willing and the skilful and the understanding..... if a surface dweller tries, he will be trying to make himself whole with someone elses hole....

not good right?

We yearn to be accepted, because we yearn to see ourselves reflected fully naked in reality, with absolutely no censorship and no masks. We yearn to access the one THROUGH duality (albeit duality may be an illusion....)..... but if we don't understand that things are inherently "such" and to call "such" suchness is to take away from the suchness of "such", and if we don't understand the ineffable is inside us as well as outside, effortlessly omnipresent, and that things are "fine" then we can cause much suffering by craving this unity.

Many people interact by passing empty plates around saying "eat, eat, eat all you can" and somehow thinking this starvation is nourishment....... but really what we want is as simple as you put it..... the love unconditional that a mother has for a child. A God has to a planet..... you (should) have to yourself.

And if you can just LOOK inside people, you will see that they are just ignorant and deluded, and that whatever they PROJECT is not what they ARE.

You project yourself as an asshole, especially by closing your first post asking us if we think you are an asshole. That is just a hat. It's just a mask. You know something true, obviously, or you wouldn't be so pressed to write about it.... and yet...... if what we know does not make us happy, we are not interpreting it correctly.

The Buddha got enlightened by realizing how terrible the suffering of the planet was, yet, he could also see that EVERYONE is a Buddha, every single person in existence IS.... so he did not get enlightened by being sad, enlightenment is incredible happiness by being at ease with being.

Beneath everyone's suffering is a center, and you have to look for it.

When you see it, you are looking into a mirror, everything is a mirror, and always has been and always will be. To think you are separate is false...... you have a subjective identity, but everything is reflected by you, your sense faculties, your biases, if you realize that communication cannot happen without cooperation, you realize that you cannot assign fault or blame to anyone for any conflicts, as it means there is ego involved. You realize that you are looking into a mirror, so if you are arguing and one says 2+2 is 5, and the other says 4.... you are both right... its semantic differences..... its a language barrier. Something is being lost in translation.

and if they want to fight, they really want something else, and if you get INTO a fight with them, it is because you harbor the same ENERGY and the same patterns as them, so again, fault cannot be assigned.... if the experiencer is so quick to recognize the ASSHOLE in someone, then they are very familiar with what assholes are, are very studious on the subject of anal symmetry, and ..... like attracts like.

If you looked instead not for the asshole in man #1, but, the Christ, the Jesus, the Buddha, the God, the ineffable, inside him... you would catch at least a glimpse of it, recognize that you are looking into a mirror, and you would be happier because of it. And so would this man.

So....

yes there are cold and ugly and hideous walls everywhere. It's terrible. It's awful. But what is wonderful is the walls are so insubstantial, fickle, and illusory, that only the very ignorant cling to them as if they are real. So don't worry too much.


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: leery11]
    #6567272 -

leery11 said:
So don't worry too much.



Powerful post leery11!  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: aelephant]
    #6567312 -

aelephant said:
If you aren't striving to be accepted why did you make this post?



why does posting and making a thread equate to striving to be accepted? By this reasoning, every single post has the underlying intent of striving to be accepted.

Quote:
Love is important to me because it allows people to be honest with one another and themselves. I believe that those who hate others are just projecting their self-hate. When you can accept yourself, you can love yourself and then loving others becomes a viable option.



I dont understand this.... mainly because i dont see it having a point, it is like babble fluff. But, I am willing to concede that it is just me that is the reason I am not getting anything from this.

Quote:
Acceptance is important to me because it opens up opportunities that otherwise would not exist. The less I accept the more I am forced to deny -- deny relationships, experiences and possibilities. Acceptance is important because it allows people to find common ground without rejecting one another on the basis of superficial differences. As Xstals said, it allows cooperation and our growth as social organisms.



how does it help cooperation and growth? state a case or example please. While I understand that it seems like I made this thread to be a loudmouthed malicious asshole, it wasn't the sole motivation. I truly dont understand these fluffy euphemisms and cliched responses filled with vague, abstract, and subjective terms.

Quote:
...and it seems like you come here to learn something from all of our shared experiences and perspectives.



so which is it? am I trying to get acceptance, or trying to learn something? also, If I am already accepted, why would I need to strive to be accepted?
Even if my posts seem like I am talking down to people, i always atleast leave room for discussion and ask questions (which dont always have a definitive answer) or probe for perspective.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6567360 -

If you aren't striving to be accepted, why do you care at all what we think of you?

What do you not understand about why I value love? Love and acceptance are really very closely tied to one another. What are the opposites of love and acceptance? Hate and repulsion? Those are valid options, I'll admit, but what sort of fruit do you think they will bear if you focus your energy on them instead? The fruit that love and acceptance bear is opportunity, experience, common ground, peace, contentment, and the list goes on and on. If you desire the opposite of those, seek hate and repulsion. For me, the fruit of hate and repulsion holds no appeal. Succinctly the point is that you will get out of your experience exactly what you put into it.

If I accept that individuals have different motivations for the things that they do I can live in harmony with them while they pursue their own ends. If I accept that all people are really just searching for their own form of happiness I have a basis for understanding why they may choose to live differently than I do or hold different beliefs. Without acceptance no society can be healthy and free. The Nazis did not accept the Jews based on superficial differences. Early Americans did not accept Africans as humans based on superficial differences. The basis of democracy is that everyone accepts differences of opinion and political points of view, and that all of our ideas together will yield a better fruit than if we simply went with the word of the king. If I reject someone on the basis of their appearance I may have missed an opportunity to meet an interesting individual who could contribute knowledge and excitement to my life. I could go on all day if you need more examples.

You seem to both be seeking acceptance and trying to learn something. Neither are in any way negatives in my mind. That is your hangup if you choose to look at it that way.


--------------------
As we live a life of ease,
Everyone of us has all we need
Sky of blue and Sea of Green
In our Yellow Submarine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: leery11]
    #6567392 -

That was an excellent post leery! even though I dont agree with 90% of it, it was masterfully written and truly passionate.


I have stated this a few times, and even though stating it reduces its effect, I play the asshole for many reasons, and your post is one of those reasons. I dont mean that in a puppetmaster, superiorly manipulative way.

back to topic though..... At times I think you indulged in off-topic metaphors too often for me to fully understand what you are saying, but i completely understand your perspective better, which upon further contemplation might lead me to understanding the mass perspective of needing to be accepted and loved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: aelephant]
    #6567484 -

why do you think I care what people here think of me? You think i was oblivious to the animosity towards me, and that if I truly cared either way that i would remedy the situation with acting (typing) differently?

Im really not a self-hating, misanthropic pessimist. I know it helps the whole psychoanalysis, but it isnt the case.
I have spent the majority of my life as an amoral person..... in the sense that I dont believe in a right or a wrong, good or bad. I dont think things like murder are horrific, or evil.
While I still just cannot grasp why people strive so hard to be loved and accepted, I also can't fathom striving to hate or rebuke.

{quote]opportunity, experience, common ground, peace, contentment



i dont see why these qualities cant flourish under the absence of love and acceptance. is it not an experience to get punched in the face? maybe an opportunity to see how you react, or an opportunity for humility. Am I not at peace with the millions of people I have no human interaction with? I am content with my life, and I dont think it is solely due to being loved and accepted as much as all the people who dont love and accept me is a reason for me to not be content.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6567563 -

psilocyberin said:
is it not an experience to get punched in the face?



If that is the kind of experience you want to stimulate with your fellow man, it is easy to arrange.

There are greater experiences to be sought and many of them require love and acceptance as prerequisites.

I think you care about what people here think of you for two reasons:

First, you asked what people thought of you in your original post.
Second, you are arguing, trying to convince me that you don't care. That in and of itself is a pursuit of acceptance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: aelephant]
    #6567742 -

:shocked:

I often end my posts with (what I consider) loopholes for people to tell me how they really feel without fear of being banned for flaming.

and your second reason: well, how do you argue with that? you are an alcoholic, and if you deny it, it further proves you are an alcoholic!
Hooray for you if you think setting illusory parameters to this discussion proves your point....

Quote:
If that is the kind of experience you want to stimulate with your fellow man, it is easy to arrange.




this doesnt sound like a comment from someone who truly doesn't believe in good and bad, right and wrong. Experience is experience, it is not possible (IMO) to fully lose experience, or for an experience to be an overall bad one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6568001 -

That example is a little different. If the person in your example is an alcoholic and denies that fact, it does not prove that they are an alcoholic. But on the contrary if you truly did not care about being accepted you would simply state your conclusions and disregard what anyone else said. The fact that you are considering and debating certain points that others have brought up means that you have some vested interest in the dialog. If you are seeking to convince others you are seeking their acceptance of your ideas.

I agree that experience is experience. I personally value some experiences more than others. This is arbitrary and subjective; I fully admit that. I know that my time on earth is limited and have no idea what comes after this life. I'd rather spend my time loving, creating and exploring than getting punched in the face over and over, but to each his own.


--------------------
As we live a life of ease,
Everyone of us has all we need
Sky of blue and Sea of Green
In our Yellow Submarine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: aelephant]
    #6568048 -

I do have a personal vested interest in the dialogue here. I never meant to state that I dont care what people think, otherwise what would be the point of posting on here, rather I dont care what people here think about me.


again, you want to try and set illusory parameters by saying that by debating, I am striving for acceptance.... once again, I must be an achoholic.

also, answer this: why would I strive for acceptance when it has been established that I have it already?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6568059 -

I'll leave that one for you to figure out.

Thank you for the conversation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Love, accepetance, and human interaction [Re: aelephant]
    #6568080 -

i feel so unaccepted now......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* We are spiritual beings having a human experience
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ShroomismM 9,673 75 10/03/17 12:10 PM
by Apples in Mono
* Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
lucid 11,396 74 09/25/03 05:08 PM
by ska8ball
* science, chaos, predictability, humans.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 3,617 65 10/17/03 09:03 PM
by Anonymous
* The Illusion of Romantic Love
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 5,248 47 09/09/03 05:33 PM
by Phalanxx
* Where has our love gone?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 4,058 70 08/10/03 01:52 AM
by atomikfunksoldier
* The Seven Steps of Human Evolution
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 5,354 20 01/22/03 08:54 AM
by Shroomism
* The Seven Steps of Human Evolution
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 6,776 42 05/23/09 11:39 AM
by OrgoneConclusion
* Alien/Human Relations, Version 2
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ShroomismM 15,866 103 02/08/04 06:12 PM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,921 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.