Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheBulb2005
Human

DMT and Death
    #6514973 - 01/30/07 11:45 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So I was talking about DMT with a couple friends a couple days ago. I was explaining how I would like to try it at some point in my life. When I said that, a guy who I don't know, but is friends with my friend, explained to me why that isn't the best idea.
His argument was based on the theory that DMT is released in the brain before we die. He explained that it as the "cushion" that allows us to accept our death and die. Then he suggested that by doing DMT you would affect how your brain produces it on its own. Perhaps since the drug is introduced into your system, your brain stops making as much DMT or something along that lines.
So my question is: Does that sound realistic? Could doing DMT potentially remove the cushion you are supposed to have as you die? I

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: DMT and Death [Re: TheBulb2005]
    #6515099 - 01/31/07 12:50 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

There's never been any real evidence that it is released upon death, but it is IMO the closest we'll come to the Spirit World while still alive.

I have not noticed anything but benefit in my life from partaking in these experiences.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

Re: DMT and Death [Re: schmutzen]
    #6515110 - 01/31/07 12:57 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I want to try dmt once. But the thing is the ego death/loss still scares me. But I'm thinking, hey, if I smoke it, I'll be forced to go through with it. Which will be beneficial for me. But who knows

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: DMT and Death [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6515135 - 01/31/07 01:19 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It gets a little easier with practice :laugh:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: DMT and Death [Re: schmutzen]
    #6515540 - 01/31/07 08:39 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Your friend is making things up as he talks.

There is nothing to fear with DMT, the only fear you can have is not being able to handle what you are about to discover about the universe. Its can be shocking to the human psyche.

OfflineWolverino
Stranger
Re: DMT and Death [Re: dedjam]
    #6515549 - 01/31/07 08:45 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

according to Dr.Timothy Leary and Joe rogan its been said that dmt is released in small doses from your pineal gland in your brain during REM sleep, and its said that in the last moments before death it is released in overwhelming amounts, hence what people see when having a near death experience or what people see when they said they died and came back, the whole heaven/hell...bright light tunnel thing. i believe this and what your friend to say has some truth in it.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT and Death [Re: Wolverino]
    #6515560 - 01/31/07 08:54 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wolverino said:
according to Dr.Timothy Leary and Joe rogan its been said that dmt is released in small doses from your pineal gland in your brain during REM sleep, and its said that in the last moments before death it is released in overwhelming amounts, hence what people see when having a near death experience or what people see when they said they died and came back, the whole heaven/hell...bright light tunnel thing. i believe this and what your friend to say has some truth in it.

First off, dont include "Joe Rogan" as a credible source. He is nothing but a user, not a medical professional. I understand what you are getting at, but if you are going to use names like that in your argument, be prepared to be laughed at or just ignored.

Did you mean Dr. Risk Strassman? I dont remember leary doing all this testing on DMT. Strassman is one of the only people in the medical community to fully research DMT...and he was shuned by the rest of the medical community for doing so.

Everything is Strassmans book, well almost everything, is dirived from his OPINIONS. While his opinions have SOME basis, they are not fact and are not recognized by medical professionals.

Have you experienced DMT, or are you making judgements about it based on what little you have read?

OfflineWolverino
Stranger
    #6515692 - 01/31/07 10:04 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

OK, fair enough Joe rogan shouldn't have been quoted, and i did mean Dr.rick strassman, i have used dmt twice, guess I'll just go crawl in a hole because i posted like what 20 times and each time someone lambaste me, people are very friendly here. no more posting for me. ignore me please.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6515738 - 01/31/07 10:16 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wolverino said:
OK, fair enough Joe rogan shouldn't have been quoted, and i did mean Dr.rick strassman, i have used dmt twice, guess I'll just go crawl in a hole because i posted like what 20 times and each time someone lambaste me, people are very friendly here. no more posting for me. ignore me please.

Wow, someone has a problem with criticism. Maybe you should step away from the computer completely...

OfflineWolverino
Stranger
    #6515999 - 01/31/07 11:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yup

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6516037 - 01/31/07 11:23 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Using DMT will not inhibit your brain's ability to produce DMT by any accounts I have ever heard.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT and Death [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6516103 - 01/31/07 11:39 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
Using DMT will not inhibit your brain's ability to produce DMT by any accounts I have ever heard.

And honestly, there is no logical reason why it would. If anything it COULD POSSIBLY overuse some of the receptors, and make DMT less useful to you, but research shows just the opposite. When studying Aya, they found it may actually create MORE seratonin receptors, which could give you the ability to be happier. Ill try to dig for the article on aya that talked about that...

Offlinethehandtruck
Just ahead of me

#6516447 - 01/31/07 01:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Nobody on this forum or any forum anywhere will ever be able to give you a real answer for that. For 2 reasons, 1, nobody has tried DMT, died, then told us if the DMT made death harder. 2, it's very very very difficult to obtain tryptamines legally and research them in a legit way. Now neurologically speaking...well your neurons have autoreceptors which "count" how many neurotransmitters (5-HT, melatonin, etc, and I think some domestic ligands). If the autoreceptors detect too much or too little of a neurotransmitter they will adjust accordingly. So if you are doing DMT all day everyday without giving time for reuptake then maybe you could permanently damage the autoreceptor. But you have to understand there are so many different factors that go in the brain this is pretty much a bullshit answer I gave you. Also, there is really almost no research besides DMT: Spirit Molecule which isn't really empircal so nobody can give you a straight answer.

Sorry man.

My opinion is you should be fine. If you think about metaphysically why would "practicing" something make you unprepared for it?

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

#6516448 - 01/31/07 01:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Is dmt really that bizare? I've thought I've seen all the insights possible in this universe from mushrooms. But does it go further than that or is it just that.. a trip?

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT and Death [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6516480 - 01/31/07 01:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Syk0s3s said:
Is dmt really that bizare? I've thought I've seen all the insights possible in this universe from mushrooms. But does it go further than that or is it just that.. a trip?

Its a real TRIP...it is the only psychedelic experience that, in my opinion, should really be called a trip. You leave...you arent there...you are out of your body.

Ive taken massive loads of mushrooms, and the only time I ever got close to a DMT experience also involved alot of MAOI's (syrian rue to be exact)...and even then, it didnt touch on a breakthrough DMT experience.

NOTHING IN THIS UNIVERSE IS ANYTHING LIKE DMT....

I wouldnt call it bizarre, maybe if you think that this reality is the only one. I call it beautiful.

Offlinemyalaby
Livininblissfullness
Male

Loc: the foothills of the ozar...
    #6516506 - 01/31/07 01:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

can you explain why a user could not give insight gopenguins and what is your definition for a user.

--------------------

"Let us accept truth, even when it surprises us and alters our views." - George Sand

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT and Death [Re: myalaby]
    #6516512 - 01/31/07 01:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

myalaby said:
can you explain why a user could not give insight gopenguins and what is your definition for a user.

Could you rephrase your question so I understand what you are talking about? Id like to answer you, I just dont know what you are looking for....

OfflineDayTripper1
We are one!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Krusty Krab Flag
    #6517182 - 01/31/07 05:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I am a Medical student, and coming from a medical perspective: there is nothing that is released in your Brain before death (especially not DMT). The reason that you accept death is because you know that you have fulfilled your purpose on this earth.

--------------------

Offlinemyalaby
Livininblissfullness
Male

Loc: the foothills of the ozar...
Re: DMT and Death [Re: DayTripper1]
    #6517237 - 01/31/07 05:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I was just asking who this character Joe rogan is/was I wasn't able to find anything on him. And why a "user" is not eligable to give advice.

--------------------

"Let us accept truth, even when it surprises us and alters our views." - George Sand

Invisiblenalbano34
mushmouth

Loc: Up your butt and around t...
Re: DMT and Death [Re: myalaby]
    #6517747 - 01/31/07 07:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

joe rogan...Fear factor and UFC commentator. He talks about the DMT experience and is very candid,not the best person to use as a reference though. Lookit up on youtube.."joe rogan and dmt" or something like that.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder