Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
DMT in fetuses.
    #1920915 - 09/16/03 10:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"DMT is the chemical released at about 4 months to trigger the first thought processes in fetuses."

Anyone know how legit this claim is?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1920957 - 09/16/03 11:13 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yep its right i remember it to be my first entheoginic exp.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1921042 - 09/16/03 11:47 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

crazyness
i remember reading something about that too
although i thought it was shorter than 4 months
i read it a long time ago though so i could totally be wrong

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1921054 - 09/16/03 11:54 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It's supposed to be 49 days, which is when the pineal gland first appears, as well as the sex organs. It's also considered to be by Buddhists when the soul enters the body. Whether or not this is scientific fact, I don't know.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1921299 - 09/16/03 01:26 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

where is that quote from? I'd like to read up on that. Thanks!

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: Xochitl]
    #1921413 - 09/16/03 01:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"the child doth quicken within the womb..."
~
moving, grasping, dreaming, sucking, thinking oceanic thoughts in warm womb waters, waiting until ripeness of development and fullness of time gives impetus to the struggle to be born... oh, hello...
~
womb = matrix
~
indo-european word-cluster from "MTR" root:
matter
mother
mutter
mater
meter
matya
maya
material
matriculate
matrix
there may be many more words that belong to this cluster...
anybody got an OED???
robert crumb's zap comix "stoned":
"just like bein' born stoned"

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: gnrm23]
    #1921492 - 09/16/03 02:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

sweet sufferin' ...
it's just amazin' whatcha can find on the ol' internet...
www.crumbmuseum.com/hdst3.html
heh...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: Xochitl]
    #1921532 - 09/16/03 02:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Read DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman, M.D.
ISBN 0-89281-927-8

It also has some cool cover art by Alex Grey.

Strassman believes that DMT facilitates the moving of the soul into and out of the body which corresponds with the 49th day of life, out of body, near-death, and death.

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: psyphon]
    #1921550 - 09/16/03 02:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

wow, the body is amazin

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1921722 - 09/16/03 03:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

thats the coolest thing I have ever heard...

Is this really scientificly proven? (or proven to a resonable extent, as anything can be)

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: domite]
    #1921738 - 09/16/03 03:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The only source that I can find is the book: "DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman, M.D." or sites referring to the book.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: Annom]
    #1921815 - 09/16/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

huh... well ill keep my ears out for any other mention of it..

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: domite]
    #1922069 - 09/16/03 05:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have heard that DMT is released into your body when you die, this could explain some of the out-of-body experiences with people that have been revived at a hospital.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: Cubieman420]
    #1925003 - 09/17/03 02:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Near death experiences and out-of-body experiences are probably caused by a lack of oxygen. I also heard DMT does something when you die, but I can't find any scientific research....

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/g2699/0005/2699000565/p1/article.jhtml?term=near-death+experiences
Near-death experience
Author/s: Timothy Moore

Tales of near-death experiences (NDEs) are not unusual. Out-of-body experiences, the sensation of moving through a tunnel toward a light, the review of the events of one's life, and pleasurable glimpses of other worlds are relatively consistent features of people's "near death" reports. In fact, research suggests that almost one fifth of Americans report having almost died, and a large proportion of them have recounted experiences like the ones mentioned above. The reported events are very vivid, seem completely real, and can sometimes transform people's lives. How to explain these experiences is the subject of debate. Throughout history people have interpreted them as journeys toward the divine. The out-of-body experience was the soul or spirit leaving the body, the tunnel was the passageway, the life review was the time of judgement, and the light at the end of the tunnel was heaven (or the equivalent).

It appears that, rather than any spiritual journey or other world phenomenon, NDEs may be best understood by examining human physiology, neurochemistry, and psychology. At this time, there is strong research evidence to indicate that many of the symptoms of NDEs may be caused by anoxia, or a lack of oxygen to the brain. In the human visual system, for example, neurons (brain cells) deprived of oxygen will start to fire out of control. Since the majority of the cells in our visual cortex (the portion of the brain where visual information is processed) respond to stimulation in the central visual field, the result is a white spot in the center with fewer cells firing out of control in the periphery. As oxygen deprivation continues, the white spot grows and the sensation of moving through a tunnel toward a white light is produced. Similarly, it is possible that the life review process is a result of depriving the temporal lobes of oxygen. When the temporal lobes of the brain, an area largely involved in memory production, are deprived of oxygen, neurotransmitters are released and massive electrical activity ensues. In laboratory research, when people's temporal lobes are stimulated with electrodes, many subjects experience the reliving of memories, out of body experiences, and even the sensation of moving through a tunnel toward a light. Oxygen deprivation can also affect the limbic system, which contains the seat of emotions in the brain. The intensely pleasurable feelings of love and well-being that accompany moving toward the light may therefore be a consequence of increased activity in the limbic system.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: Annom]
    #1925061 - 09/17/03 02:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

interesting

--------------------
1983-2004

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1925306 - 09/17/03 03:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

this is just assumption, but what if since your body is about to die, MAO's stop working, because there is so much else going on, your brain stops trying to break down DMT, you go into a trip, and we all know that when your tripping, a second can last FOREVER.

It would make so much sense too, because in DMT trips, people experience aliens telling them to come along, or that they are not ready, feelings of going to new places, but not quite getting there. Maybe we weird the aliens out and make them think that we're dieing, so they wanna take us somewhere, but then they're like, "You're not ready." Think they might be angry? Mebbe this is somehow how we transition from our state of conciousness to another, although i have not done DMT, from what i've herd of those who have, you ARE somewhere else

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: entiformatie]
    #1925821 - 09/17/03 06:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

In DMT: The Spirt Molecule Rick Strassman discusses the simularities between DMT and alien obduction stories. They are nearly identical to each, and pretty much impossible to tell apart. It seems like NDE are the same way.

I just did a search and came up with this:

"According to Moody, the typical NDE includes a buzzing or ringing noise, a sense of blissful peace, a feeling of floating out of one?s body and observing it from above, moving through a tunnel into a bright light, meeting dead people, saints, Christ, angels, etc.; seeing one?s life pass before one?s eyes; and finding it all so wonderful that one doesn?t want to return to one?s body." (http://skepdic.com/nde.html)

What else produces a buzzing/ringing noise, bliss, meeting other enties, observing things from above? Yup, DMT. I highly recommend anyone interested in this to read Rick Strassman's book. I really don't know for sure, but there is plenty of evidence that DMT plays a role in our birth and death.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: Twirling]
    #1925970 - 09/17/03 07:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

whoa!

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Re: DMT in fetuses. [Re: whole9]
    #1925994 - 09/17/03 07:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I really would like to try DMT, generally I don't like being blasted into tripping seconds after I take the drug (salvia) however DMT just seems so interesting from what I've have read. Does BBB or any other online vendor sell the plants that you can extract from?

--------------------
1983-2004

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1926055 - 09/17/03 07:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yes, but you're going to have to do some research to do it well. Somebody here has a link in their sig, just do a search and you'll probably find it. http://dmt.lycaeum.org/ is a good source of info. My chemistry is very poor, so I haven't tried it.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience