Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: DMT and Death [Re: dedjam]
    #6517768 - 01/31/07 07:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gopenguins said:
Quote:

Syk0s3s said:
Is dmt really that bizare? I've thought I've seen all the insights possible in this universe from mushrooms. But does it go further than that or is it just that.. a trip?

Its a real TRIP...it is the only psychedelic experience that, in my opinion, should really be called a trip. You leave...you arent there...you are out of your body.

Ive taken massive loads of mushrooms, and the only time I ever got close to a DMT experience also involved alot of MAOI's (syrian rue to be exact)...and even then, it didnt touch on a breakthrough DMT experience.

NOTHING IN THIS UNIVERSE IS ANYTHING LIKE DMT....

I wouldnt call it bizarre, maybe if you think that this reality is the only one. I call it beautiful.

Word brother

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

Loc: so cal
Re: DMT and Death [Re: DayTripper1]
    #6517795 - 01/31/07 07:58 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DayTripper1 said:
I am a Medical student, and coming from a medical perspective: there is nothing that is released in your Brain before death (especially not DMT). The reason that you accept death is because you know that you have fulfilled your purpose on this earth.

wow, so do u have any evidence, or any reason to belive this? Are you going to tell ur patients the same thing? Your argument is the weakest in this whole post.. .yyou just stated a claim with no reason what so ever. You should quit med school cause u dont even know how to form a proper argument.

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

InvisibleTaharka
The Root of the Problem
Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT and Death [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6518182 - 01/31/07 09:36 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Using DMT will not inhibit your brain's ability to produce DMT by any accounts I have ever heard.

Since we have no idea what role endogenous DMT plays in everyday life, I don't think we can know just yet how using DMT affects these processes. Large amounts of DMT being released near death and during REM sleep, I agree with Strassman, can account for near-death experiences and dreams. But what about lower levels of DMT being released every day (is DMT even produced constantly by the lungs, pineal, etc., or does it only occur at death and during sleep?)
If the brain suddenly stopped producing DMT, would we know what change to look for?

OfflineTheBulb2005
Human

Re: DMT and Death [Re: Taharka]
    #6518307 - 01/31/07 10:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I would ask you people who have tried it if you think the experience is worth it, however its hard to come to a conclusion since you havent died yet :grin:

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: DMT and Death [Re: Taharka]
    #6518316 - 01/31/07 10:15 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i was talking about this last night with a freind. a now cripple and heroin junkie.
we were talking about dmt but he ssayed it was nothing compared to his near death experience. dude got hit by a car. he sayed nothing can describe it. its like jacobs ladder. you see the grand pattern and feel yurself being broken apart and put into new parts of this omnipatter, bt then you wake up and you are alive. and you remember.
i cant even imagine

--------------------

OfflineMrbrightside
PsychoactiveMushroom
Male

Re: DMT and Death [Re: notapillow]
    #6518462 - 01/31/07 10:53 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

For the people who have tried DMT, when you look back on your other trips shrooms ect. are they still as significant to you compared to when you had not tried it? Also do you get a deep nostalgia from trying DMT? It's something a friend and I have been wondering. (its whats stopping us from trying it at the moment)

Edited by Mrbrightside (01/31/07 11:04 PM)

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: DMT and Death [Re: Mrbrightside]
    #6518494 - 01/31/07 11:03 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

tho its stands above most anything in intesity it does not over shodow some other trips in my life. mushrooms are such a key part of my life. symbiotic almost. people seem to think dmt is a "peak" into some plase we are not ment to go yet. i dunno about that. dmt is like the altoide of phychadelics. its just curiousy strong and really refreshing :wink:

--------------------

Edited by notapillow (01/31/07 11:05 PM)

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: DMT and Death [Re: notapillow]
    #6518546 - 01/31/07 11:19 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

DMT will not have any discernable effect on your own death, save making you 100% unafraid of it. DMT will show you beyond death. I've used absolutley insane amounts of DMT combined with other psychedelics. Smoked it at least a hundred times. I've snorted 7x the breaktrough dose at the peak of a 9g mushroom trip. It'll fucking BLOW YOUR MIND if your 'stars line up'...it doesn't have this effect on everyone, but if you're 'ready' for it...it'll lay EVERYTHING out in front of your eyes for you to see.

I've seen the way 'aliens' live, I've seen how their societies are constructed. I've been annihilated into BECOMING other dimensions. I've seen the potential we as humans have. WAY FUCKING WOW. Nothing compares to DMT save DMT + other psychedelics + nitrous. NOTHING. Nothing you can imagine or expect wil lever prepare you for a full blown DMT trip. Ayahuasca is a much more managable journey through that door, however.

The spirit world is not reserved for death, either. THIS IS HYPERSPACE. We're just not fully aware of this yet. There's a much better reason that our brains produce that stuff than any reasoning we've come up with yet. It's because we're supposed to be able to use it whenever we want! We (ok, not -quite- everyone) just haven't discovered how to use it yet.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: DMT and Death [Re: DayTripper1]
    #6518936 - 02/01/07 03:13 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DayTripper1 said:
I am a Medical student, and coming from a medical perspective: there is nothing that is released in your Brain before death (especially not DMT). The reason that you accept death is because you know that you have fulfilled your purpose on this earth.

And you know this reason of acceptance to be fact, because you are a medical student...... You must have done allot of in depth study on the fulfillment gland! lol.. Isn't that located right between the nuts in men? In women its the mouth. Shit we need more med students on this board.

Respect,
IHS

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: DMT and Death [Re: Grok]
    #6518960 - 02/01/07 03:43 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cilosyb said:
DMT will not have any discernable effect on your own death, save making you 100% unafraid of it. DMT will show you beyond death. I've used absolutley insane amounts of DMT combined with other psychedelics. Smoked it at least a hundred times. I've snorted 7x the breaktrough dose at the peak of a 9g mushroom trip. It'll fucking BLOW YOUR MIND if your 'stars line up'...it doesn't have this effect on everyone, but if you're 'ready' for it...it'll lay EVERYTHING out in front of your eyes for you to see.

I've seen the way 'aliens' live, I've seen how their societies are constructed. I've been annihilated into BECOMING other dimensions. I've seen the potential we as humans have. WAY FUCKING WOW. Nothing compares to DMT save DMT + other psychedelics + nitrous. NOTHING. Nothing you can imagine or expect wil lever prepare you for a full blown DMT trip. Ayahuasca is a much more managable journey through that door, however.

The spirit world is not reserved for death, either. THIS IS HYPERSPACE. We're just not fully aware of this yet. There's a much better reason that our brains produce that stuff than any reasoning we've come up with yet. It's because we're supposed to be able to use it whenever we want! We (ok, not -quite- everyone) just haven't discovered how to use it yet.

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm still pissed off now somewhat two or three years after a drunken drug-addict squat-dickfucking suck-cocker friend of mine smoked all the DMT available in my area in one night and didn't even notice an effect. And then it went schedule 1 or whatever.

:mad2:

However, the multitude of realities I experience whilst sleeping makes it reasonable to believe that DMT actually do get released during the night - however - I used to believe that it was serotonin that did this. So I'm landing on a conclusion that its somewhat a mixture of all the different sorts of chemicals in your brain.

I bet upon death, your brain spews out every little drop of chemical from every corner of the brain, in one swift poof.

So if you're real jesus-like, you go around all your life collecting serotonin love-molecules which gets released upon death, and you go to heaven for eternity - allthough it only lasts a second here in "realtime". And if you're a real trippy headcase, you go around all your life collecting dmt molecules, or godknowswhat, and you trip around the clock when you die.

I dunno, I started rambling and lost my point.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #6519355 - 02/01/07 09:57 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mrbrightside said:
For the people who have tried DMT, when you look back on your other trips shrooms ect. are they still as significant to you compared to when you had not tried it? Also do you get a deep nostalgia from trying DMT?

Many seem to agree that having tried DMT makes them appreciate mushrooms, Salvia, LSD, mescaline, etc. even more.  I wouldn't say that you'll have nostalgia from your first time, it took me 3 or 4 tries to get the process down right and begin to enjoy the experience.  The last two journies over the last year have gave me much to ponder.  Am I really just a machine? Do we really have angels guiding us daily?  Am I capable of healing myself?

Quote:

TheBulb2005 said:
I would ask you people who have tried it if you think the experience is worth it, however its hard to come to a conclusion since you havent died yet :grin:

It's worth every second and penny that you put into the hunt, Mother Sky rewards those who persevere IMO.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: DMT and Death [Re: schmutzen]
    #6519412 - 02/01/07 10:26 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

worth it by far.

--------------------

OfflineMrbrightside
PsychoactiveMushroom
Male

#6520724 - 02/01/07 05:58 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Its sounding like its worth it, those are some deep questions. How did you not enjoy the first few experiences?

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #6521264 - 02/01/07 08:34 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'd had a pretty shocking 5-meo-DMT experience once and the initial blast-off of n,n felt a little similar to me, so I clamped up and didn't go with flow.

It took about six months of working with Sally for me to get comfortable, if that says anything.

Don't be shy with 'em.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

#6521289 - 02/01/07 08:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

DMT has made me want to die. I'm not saying this in reference to a negative connotation. DMT shows you that there is life after death, and that life after death is a million times better than life before death. You get a big taster of what the after life is like. Actually, I need to refrain what I originally said a little bit. DMT has not made me want to commit suicide or hope that I die early. It has just built up this anticipation inside of me that is directed towards my death which will come when it comes. I accept this.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlinenivek33
Stranger
Re: DMT and Death [Re: Grok]
    #6521327 - 02/01/07 08:59 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cilosyb said:

all of that and you haven't gone crazy?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies