Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: anyone scared to experience ego death? [Re: Kalix]
    #4028425 - 04/07/05 10:36 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

im going to try it again very soon, my last trip on 6 grams in insanity, i fought it even though i planed and prepared so hard not to. but it still happened, and it was amazing, it can be scary, but you will be fine, no matter what, you just gotta ride it out, the mushrooms wont hurt you.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: anyone scared to experience ego death? [Re: Damn]
    #4028674 - 04/07/05 11:22 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i think the only thing im scared about is the fact that i feel like i have no control, as if my body is going to do something like scream or walk outside without me controling it or even knowing , anyone else get this?

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: anyone scared to experience ego death? [Re: TODAY]
    #4028726 - 04/07/05 11:28 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I got ego-death my first time tripping......full-blown Clear Light experience, and it was the most wonderful thing I've ever experienced. Ego-death isn't scary....the trip there can be however. my first time experiencing it was on a little of 3 hits of white fluff and nitrous.....the peak of the LSD was over, but I was still tripping fairly hard, and I had total ego-loss borderline ego-death off the LSD itself. This was at a small music festival, anyway, I was smoking, drinking a couple beers and doing nitrous balloons....the last balloon I wound up hitting until I fished out (this was unintentional.)

Anyone that is experienced with LSD, particularly the Clear Light will know what I'm attempting (not very well I might add) to describe here; the "lighting" or "brightness" keep going up, brighter and brighter, lighter and lighter...the colors were changing as well...into a goldish hue (it wasn't exactly gold, but that's the closest thing to it.) Then everything was gone, there was no me, no world, no thoughts, no time...just pure unadulterated bliss, and a brilliant white light everywhere. As this state was induced by the addition of nitrous to the acid, it faded quickly...while I was there it seemed like an eternity, but once I was back, I was back......and I had no idea of what happened. This was fairly traumatic at the time, but it was well worth it.

I'm very lucky....not many people get to go all the way on there first trip. So......no, I'm not scared of ego-death, quite the opposite in fact, I love it, I embrace it, I strive for it......this first time was a real gift though, because it was due to nitrous there was no "dying period", it happened in a flash....as I said the return to this life and "reality" wasn't so easy though. Most of the time you have to "die" to get there, and this experience ranges through all of the emotions, blissful, nostalgic to terrified and ashamed....that part scares me, but I accept it....all of the painful parts of it are due to negative actions, thoughts and feelings you've had throughout your life, so....you reap what you have sown. The experience of ego-death is indescribably beautiful, and very refreshing....knowing what death is like can enrich your life to the Nth degree, and it makes you a better person....it's definitely worth trying IMHO.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: anyone scared to experience ego death? [Re: Damn]
    #4028736 - 04/07/05 11:30 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

When experiencing ego loss on mushrooms, you usually don't move around very much. You just sort of sit there.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: anyone scared to experience ego death? [Re: gdman]
    #4032543 - 04/08/05 11:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i dont fear the ego-death on 7grams, i fear that my body is going to be running around doing crazy things. because i know im not in my body, and its pretty hard to find your body when your in complete darkness, and everywhere you reach is nothing. i think i need to try this with the lights dimmed, not off. my mind goes absolutely nutty , i feel as if my mind and body arent anywhere near each other, and they both have no control. there are hours in my trip where i dont know what happened. im hopin when the time is right 5 grams wil ldo the job. i just need to calm down, but its not so easy when the mushrooms take over. il lget it down one of thesedays.

--------------------

OfflineArdRi
traveler

Loc: northeast usa
Re: anyone scared to experience ego death? [Re: TODAY]
    #4032756 - 04/09/05 12:33 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

TODAY, did you hang out in Santa Cruz in the 80's? I knew a guy there then who went by the name Today.Let me know if you did.Chris

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: anyone scared to experience ego death? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4033410 - 04/09/05 06:37 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Anyone that is experienced with LSD, particularly the Clear Light will know what I'm attempting (not very well I might add) to describe here; the "lighting" or "brightness" keep going up, brighter and brighter, lighter and lighter...the colors were changing as well...into a goldish hue (it wasn't exactly gold, but that's the closest thing to it.) Then everything was gone, there was no me, no world, no thoughts, no time...just pure unadulterated bliss, and a brilliant white light everywhere. As this state was induced by the addition of nitrous to the acid, it faded quickly...while I was there it seemed like an eternity, but once I was back, I was back......and I had no idea of what happened. This was fairly traumatic at the time, but it was well worth it.

i know exactly what you mean. my second acid trip was like a level 4 for most of the peak, but a couple of hits of nitrous sent me to that next level for a few minutes (of real time). there was just light. everything else was meaningless.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlineandrep
Stranger
Re: anyone scared to experience ego death? [Re: alsey]
    #4064220 - 04/17/05 02:18 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i really want to take shrooms again, i tried to fight the ego death thing when i first did shrooms, i tihkn if you fight the egodeath the trip will be bad

Offlinenovice_psychonaut
No One of Import
Male

Re: anyone scared to experience ego death? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #25239329 - 05/30/18 11:54 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
Ego-loss is something that must be done under the right settings.  If you eat enough mushrooms to experience ego-loss and you aren't prepared for it, the result can be an extremely nightmarish trip.

If set & setting is right and you trust the mushrooms isnt killing you, then you can definately do it.

I had the opportunity of ego-loss but denied it and fought it until i was a complete madman, because I was not in a good setting and I definately wasn't ready for it. I didn't let it happen, so I got my ass kicked.  If I had just gone with it and not fought the trip, then I could have experienced ego-loss and come out better in the end.

Oh man, so true. I had a very bad experience disorientedly fighting ego death on 5.5g last year. If you give the shrooms the keys, you'd better be okay with where they drive you (easier said than done, as I'm still learning that lesson).

--------------------
As long as there exist two slices of bread, and based on a loose definition of the word "between," the entire universe can technically be considered a sandwich.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience