Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

Re: western society disables evolution [Re: Icelander]
    #6209992 - 10/25/06 11:25 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Western society has many downfalls but it doesn't disable evolution. Take LSD for example, a product of western society that seems to aid in evolution.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: western society disables evolution [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #6210019 - 10/25/06 11:37 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You can't disable evolution dammit. :grin: 

We humans have no power over nature. Nature has power over us. We only act according to nature.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (10/25/06 12:08 PM)

OfflineShamanSoul
Just Strange
Male
    #6210093 - 10/25/06 12:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If written History is your basis then perhaps I can entertain to the fact that written history has only documented a very small timeline which is not enough to make any decisions about beliefs when 90% of that history was never documented. Hell we could have been way more evolved in our undocumented history. We could at our lowest point of consciousness ever. How would one know?
I love science don't get me wrong its the model which has broken many peoples delusion of spirituality that most find in someone elses religion control mechanism but, information/data is nothing without knowledge. Knowledge contains wisdom and the ability to apply it to the world, information is data that can be manipulated in many ways to serve any said purpose. I suggest you seek more than scientific thinking as it contradicts many of the universes mysterious ways. It serves as a valuable language for understanding, But I can assure we all have a higher form of communication that makes all of our languages look like how we would see monkeys talking. Many times science/religion can stop people from seeing the things they are told are not possible. Basically if you believe their is no possibility to be say psychic then you never will be because you cannot evolve into something that you believe to be impossible. Your mind/body/soul is a creation device. You can create your own reality. This I know through my knowledge gained in my experiences. I could try and explain some but then again why? I can pass knowledge onto others before I leave but it is intended for those who are seeking it. But you do serve a purpose for me. If you believe what you currently understand is how the universe is then my words cannot sway you regardless. If you seek to be surprised then allow yourself to believe beyond your current knowledge and see what you may find. Skeptism leads to dismission, many times without just "Evidence". All the evidence in the world cannot change perspective like a single experience, for if it could we would all be changed by the evidence all around us that we do not see with our eyes or scientific thinking.
As far as the 2012 event, since history is your forte it would seem, You should know that many, many cultures were able to predict events through their ways which you may or may not understand but have been proven. With this in mind many seperate cultures throughout different time periods have come to the same conclusion. Although some have differing time periods I would say 2012 is by far the commom date which has been described. But as I said before the actual happenings of the 2012 event is here RIGHT NOW.
"One Love" -Bob Marley
"he time is coming for pain and sorrow for this delusion of greatness must be crushed if we are to see the time of true light and love." Me - Just now.

--------------------
It is the Time for War, and my weapon is LoVe...

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: western society disables evolution [Re: ShamanSoul]
    #6210110 - 10/25/06 12:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

suggest you seek more than scientific thinking as it contradicts many of the universes mysterious ways.

How? :tongue: Because you say so? You may be delusional. :wink:

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (10/25/06 12:14 PM)

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: western society disables evolution [Re: secretmachine]
    #6210444 - 10/25/06 02:25 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

IMHO, human evolution somehow left the physical plane and only considers our minds since some time.
That's because we leave nature no real chance to react on our impacts, we are just much too fast and extensive.
The main carrier for information in regards of our future has changed from genes to memes. They are the selective mark.
I hope the evolution of mind will be fast enough at that point to recognize. consider and stop that disharmony, for evolutions sake !
We are not independent of our nature and natural history, and I think it is not healthy to think to become independent of it. At least if one will let the human body be a proper vehicle for a healthy spirit also in the future.
We will miss too many natural connective things in the future which were irrecoverably wiped out by us in the present and past.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Edited by BlueCoyote (10/25/06 02:37 PM)

OfflineShamanSoul
Just Strange
Male
    #6224470 - 10/29/06 06:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hmmm, Well I was trying to maybe share some ideas, provide my thoughts but rather than than communicate you would rather dismiss others and then insult them.? But delusional? I guess if thats how you view others for having different ideas. Seems to me maybe your insult is uncalled for. I am delusional because I said Scientific thinking contradicts many of the universes mysterious ways. I guess Science has everything summed up for you nice and neat with no contradictions. I am glad I am not someone that claims to have defined the universe. Everyting I write is merely my beliefs from my experiences. If you don't agree, feel free to offer your argument but don't expose your lack of understanding by dismissing people with your insults.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #6224494 - 10/29/06 07:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think you misinterpreted Icelander. He is asking you to backup your assertion that science contradicts many of the universe's mysterious ways. (This is a strange assertion, because in order to know that, you would have to know the universe's mysterious ways, and if you knew them, they wouldn't really be that mysterious, would they?) Anyways, don't take the delusional thing too seriously, he's trying to spur you on to respond and support yourself, not take offense.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6224511 - 10/29/06 07:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ShamanSoul said:
Hmmm, Well I was trying to maybe share some ideas, provide my thoughts but rather than than communicate you would rather dismiss others and then insult them.? But delusional? I guess if thats how you view others for having different ideas.

I don't recall him "dismissing you". He asked a question, which you have not answered. You made a claim that science contradicts the universe's mysterious ways, and he asked you to explain how science does so. As you had not already explained your reasoning behind the statement, he then asked if it was simply because you say so. He then stated that you may be delusional, if that was the case.

Now, are you interested in answering the question? I'm interested in understanding why you think that science contradicts the nature of the universe.

:levitate:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: western society disables evolution [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6224558 - 10/29/06 07:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

As am I. For those who do not want their ideas or claims challenged there is that other forum. :wink:

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (10/29/06 07:26 PM)

OfflineShamanSoul
Just Strange
Male
    #6226290 - 10/30/06 01:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well, First off, my post was misread by a few apparently. I stated that Scientific THINKING contradicts many of the universes mysterious ways. That mindset limits our understanding of the universe in the sense that we are all explorers of this time and intelligence or data cannot bring to a person what one spiritual experience can. We have only begun to evolve to our full potential in my opinion and we may never reach that potential because we misuse the power and knowledge we have with no responsibility to the future. Peoples rationale works against new found realities. If your trying to make sense of an experience as it is happening then you are not focused on the experience itself, rather studying it from your old perspective even as a new one unfolds before you. Really the most open mind is an empty one. And the open mind is what I would seek, for walls, barriers will hold one back. Thats why so many people focus their lives on meditation and spiritual purpose.

This is the only forum I have ever been interested in enough to share my ideas, I appreciate any resolving feedback, challenging or not. I just got a lil thrown off by the delusional comment. Thats not how I am used to being asked a Q. No Worries.

--------------------

Edited by ShamanSoul (10/30/06 02:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder