Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSoulTech
Automated
Death not ends it....
    #588576 - 03/24/02 10:59 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

How do you view death? Do you believe in reincarnation or any further existance at all? I don't necessarily believe this but what if a persons thoughts on the afterlife are what create their existance after they die. For example if i believed that when I die I will be judged and sent to a heaven or hell and when I do actually die, because I believed in judgement, I am judged and sent to Heaven or Hell. This seems a little far fetched to me and I don't really believe this but I thought it would be interesting to mention.

I know I read something about this but if you believe in reincarnation how does the fluctuation of the worlds population fit in? Does the fact that the worlds population is much much greater today than a couple of hundred years ago mean that there are more new souls in the cycle?

Also, what do you believe happens to other animals when they die? nothing? We are all in this game together and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Peace

"True hunting is over.
No herds to follow.
Without game, men prey on each other."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Death not ends it.... [Re: SoulTech]
    #588580 - 03/24/02 11:11 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

i believe death is simply the death of the conscious.  as for an afterlife, or being judged and sent to heaven or hell, i don't buy into those theories simply because i haven't seen any evidence to support these ideas and i'm not one to put out blind faith.  however, i do believe that all of the energy that comprises us will live on forever, but not in ways that would be of any concern to ourselves as live humans.

as for the world's population, from what i understand about reincarnation, you don't necessarily need to be reincarnated as a human, but as any life form depending on your past life's activities and choices.

and for the other animals when they die, i hold the same beliefs as i do for humans.

on another note i will add that i welcome death.  do not fear it, embrace it.  there is just too much sadness in this world for me to deal with.. of course that's not to say i'm ready to go jumpin' off buildings, but depression usually gets the best of me :frown:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

#588604 - 03/24/02 11:51 PM (22 years, 9 days ago)

Some interesting things have happend with myself and others that I know that point to
reincarnation as a possible explanation. I do not believe in it, but I don't disbelieve it either.
I think the whole idea of heaven and hell is was invented as a means of getting psychological
control over the masses by the religious leaders who came up with the ideas.

I don't worry about dying except for any pain that might accompany it or what might
happen to those I care about if I'm not there for them. Any questions will be answered
at that time.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#588772 - 03/25/02 06:11 AM (22 years, 9 days ago)

I myself firmly believe in Re?ncarnation.

I think there's only 1 soul, this being "God"s, and that everything endowed with one are all yourself in different lives. I believe there's only "The One" and nothing else at all.
What's our journey?

I think we've lived for all eternity & will continue to live every possible life repeated again & again into the Infinite. About the "personal journey": I think Life=Existence and Death=Nonexistence and that anyone/thing goes back & forth between these extremes. Now alot of people have had Death Experiences. I don't know it's value but I strongly believe this doesn't happen "randomly": I don't believe in Random.

More/less people... Since I believe in just 1 soul this doesn't mean much to me. I DO believe that there's a limited number of "lifeforms" & lives they can lead, tho.

Death? I think it would be TOTAL DISASTER if we wouldn't die at all. Just imagine living for 200 years with the usual decay going on... I think death is "nothing": you don't exist exept in the fabric of the Universe and are disconnected from Space & Time. But hey: I might be totally wrong about it!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineLethalDoseofLife
Stranger

Loc: New Jersey
    #589025 - 03/25/02 02:01 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Death is the End of you.
Believing in the afterlife/reincarnation even though there is no proof is called "faith."
If you have faith then you have hope and a fear of dying.
If you believe in "splat-you're dead" then you have accepted death, not necessarilly welcoming it but not affraid either.
Of course there are some in either case who are fearful and fearless, but..it comes and there is no telling what will be, only what you believe.
Maybe the after life is the last thought we think just before death. Radio waves exist forever with little attenuation, maybe our thought patterns do too. And if we're (hopefully) thinking of great sex just before death then we'll be in heaven. If you die a violent death, then "Welcome to Hell, enjoy your stay : )."

maybe..or am I telling the truth.

--------------------
I'm not the Begining, but I will be the End.
Death is but a doorway, time is but a window, I'll be back.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #589148 - 03/25/02 04:46 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

I can honestly say I have no fear of death. I don't really care what happens when I die. Whatever it is will just be way of the universe, so I'll just wait and see.

--------------------

OfflineSoulTech
Automated
Re: Death not ends it.... [Re: LethalDoseofLife]
    #589263 - 03/25/02 06:24 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Death is a fact of life and everyone has there own way of dealing with it. I don't think fearing death is a bad thing because to me it seems quite natural. Death = Uknown. People fear the uknown. I believe this has its roots in our ego which a couple of recent posts have touched on. It may be that the tighter the grip you have on life, the harder it is to let go. This doesn't mean that every person fears death but rather this is a way to explain the naturalness of the human tendancy to fear death.

Believing in the afterlife/reincarnation may be labeled faith but it is just a way to come to terms with death. I think your "splat-you're dead" method is the same coming to terms. The motivation behind coming to terms with death doesn't mean you necessarily fear it. To me it is just a way to make sense of this somewhat confusing reality. I can see where you are coming from though. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you are saying the tendancy for people to create more than whats actually there is a way of coping with fear/hope of death.

If I say that I fear death does that make me weak. I'm at a stage in my life of profound spiritual growth and I am trying to "expand my mind". No matter how much I tell myself "Don't fear death" or if I adimently deny that I fear death there is a part of me that is still weary of the unknown. I don't think I will ever be able to completely and truely not fear death until I've completely destroyed all of my egotistical needs. This is truely a challenge and something I'm learning/working on.

When I was using the Judgement analogy in my original post the point I was trying to get at was very similar to your after life is the last thought we think just before death comment.

Evolving would you be able to describe some things that happened to you that point to reincarnation if its not too personal.

Peace.

"God is god."

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #589616 - 03/26/02 01:40 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

geokills just said something that completely fixed everything for me, right or not, it worked. I have a hard time grasping living forever, and also a hard time thinking we just stop. But we ar eina human world, we have energy, but if we stop, and energy goes on, it doesnt quite end, but is nothing we need to worry about. Or something, thats how i interpreted it, and tehn re-wrote it, so its gonan be jumbled, but i think i understand, and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Death not ends it.... [Re: tak]
    #589621 - 03/26/02 01:45 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

I also believe in reincarnation, it seems like the perfect holding tank,,we dont stop, but we forget, as to not get tired.

However someone said someting wich reminded me of right after my 2ct7 trip when i was scared. This scared me to death:

What if we are all a single entity, living life right now. When we die, we reincarnate as maybe you or me, all the people who had an impacton us in any way, it would take a long time to live through all these lives. Every single person on the planet is 1 person. YOU. Me, whoever.

That scares me.

but then the asnwer is the same, but simplified.
If that is true, then we are all god. Each reincarnation makes us have diffrent personalities, and stuff. So we are infact not the same person, and we are as unique as we seem, and all exist together. Maybe in teh end we are hte same, but as for now, we are infact diffrent people, and If i get fucked, so do all of you. Or just me (wink)

I dont like hte concept though, i would rather just be energy :P that scares me, cause i always want someone to be with me, and 1 is the loneliest number. I would ahte to be stuck in eternity alone, wouldnt you?

--------------------

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #589629 - 03/26/02 02:01 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

reincarnation has got to be what happens

i think it is pretty egotistical of humans to assume that there is a god just for us.

by the same token, how do we know this isnt some grand test that we are put up to, and we exist for that reason, no matter how stupid it may seem.

I think reincarnation, all the universes energy just keeps flowing around in the universe, who knows what you come back as, you wont have any clue you were around before.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Death not ends it.... [Re: Kremlin]
    #589893 - 03/26/02 11:13 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

reincarnations makes sense right now, its one of the only logical answers. But this is existance, the biggest question ever...it doesnt necesarily have to go by logic, it can create its own rules, stuff we cannot comprehend. Or maybe its all ran by rules, and laws. Uh im gonna go eat, shit, then shower. Bye

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #592598 - 03/29/02 06:46 AM (22 years, 5 days ago)

My belief is...that I have never lived before, but my memories have. I will never live again, but my memories will.......
Inherited genetic memories......and as for me....I do believe in a heaven and a hell.... and in one God.... with a lot of "spiritual beings" some good and some bad.... in existence....

Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
    #593961 - 03/30/02 07:36 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

Reincarnation would have to be the closest to what I believe in.  I don't honestly believe that my being is transferred in whole into the body of another organism, which is how I interpret reincarnation.  However, I do believe that all the energy that comprises my body and mind is dispersed back into the infinite flow of energy of the universe.  This energy will manifest itself in many forms.  Some of this energy may become part of a newborn baby (human or otherwise), or maybe it will be part of the energy that a family relies on for warmth in their home, or maybe my energy will simply be released back into the cosmos and become any one of the infinite number of phenomena in our universe....who knows.  But I do know my energy will live on infinitely.  Of course, I could take this far deeper and apply the holographic paradigm to all of this, but I won't even go there yet, too much... :smile: 

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

Edited by psilo25 (03/30/02 07:46 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Death not ends it.... [Re: psilo25] * 1
    #594093 - 03/30/02 10:23 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

As far as the world population increasing, I think a reasonable explanation is that as the human population has increased, more and more animals have been killed off. It's all a cycle.
That explains the animals, too. I believe it is the Hindus that believe that their ancestors become cows or something.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblemr crisper

#594278 - 03/31/02 03:33 AM (22 years, 3 days ago)

just wondering... there are replies here are from people who say they dont fear death, or even welcome death....how many of you have ever actually been close to death?
have you ever had a gun held to your head, been shot at, been stabbed, crashed a motorbike at high speed (as in over 100mph), overdosed?
dont feel fear? i fkn do.
its hard to realise how precious and beautiful life is until you feel it slipping away from you and then there is nothing more important than staying alive.
being here, bouncing around in this animated slab of meat is total tits.

Edited by mr crisper (03/31/02 03:34 AM)

InvisibleClark
Bar RoomSuperman

Re: Death not ends it.... [Re: mr crisper]
    #594390 - 03/31/02 08:39 AM (22 years, 3 days ago)

In reply to:

have you ever had a gun held to your head, been shot at, been stabbed, crashed a motorbike at high speed (as in over 100mph), overdosed?

I'll grok to two out of five of those (although the OD wasn't entirely my fault, and the hand holding the gun to my head was my own).
In reply to:

its hard to realise how precious and beautiful life is until you feel it slipping away from you and then there is nothing more important than staying alive. being here, bouncing around in this animated slab of meat is total tits.

It gets old. Sometimes I want to chuck it aside and try some other state of being for a while. Then I realize that I'm more or less trapped in this undignified husk, as it gradually whithers and erodes. That's weak. This whole humanity thing has major shortcomings.

Nature has programmed us to replicate and die. We're like those androids in Blade Runner. One day we need to reach out and crush the Creator's head just like they did.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Death not ends it.... [Re: Clark]
    #594610 - 03/31/02 01:18 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

One day we need to reach out and crush the Creator's head just like they did.
I thought Nietzsche did that already. hehe

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
    #594624 - 03/31/02 01:45 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

Hey, you just pretty much summed up most of my belifs quite nicely

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order