Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: reincarnation [Re: Sclorch]
    #1027720 - 11/06/02 12:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i rather believe in regeneration

think of it as a candle lighting an unlit candle

body is the candle and soul is the flame. when death finally comes about the flame is passed on ... although the first flame started the second they're still not the same flame. so death brings on an ultimate death ... with death ends the story of you.

your form, feeling, perception, mental phenomena impulses, and mental consciousness.

all of the above are thrown back into the infinate energy. but the senses are never the same ... think of it as leasing the senses and returning them with some miles.

there does have to be a way to hold these senses together and maybe there is something left of you. in a way theres an infinate body and a finate body that work together to hold the senses. infinate is your egoless self ... the never changing because there is nothing to change. finate is what your born into ... a conscious being with a fragile body able to change.

why ... dont know

i think because there is no ultimate truth we can only munipulate and think in what we are in now but at least now knowing keeps things new.
but im still looking for answers

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

Edited by Kemist (11/06/02 01:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: reincarnation *DELETED* [Re: Swami]
    #1034964 - 11/08/02 04:24 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Jellric

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Edited by Jellric (11/08/02 04:30 AM)

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Re: reincarnation [Re: Jellric]
    #1034982 - 11/08/02 04:32 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I actually thought he had a valid point!  I haven't seen his other posts, so I don't know if he's an a-hole or not, but I have no clue how birth defects can possibly explain reincarnation.  :confused: 

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: reincarnation [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1034991 - 11/08/02 04:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Seeing as how this is the Philosophy and Spirituality board, I assumed my comments as to birth defects would be placed within that context, rather than pure biology. But yes, I feel there is a governing purpose to life, and if a person has a birth defect there is a reason for such in terms of a human soul. Sorry if I didn't make my view clear.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1035016 - 11/08/02 05:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You know darn well, dear Swami, that I intended my comments in the context of a larger meaning of life than mere chance.
I know only what your words say and they were biologically inaccurate.

And frankly, this is the thing that people don't like about you.
Ahh, one of the multitude shroomery spokesmen. There are so many I can't tell who is the real one. It is OK to speak for yourself, you need not hide in the alleged opinions of others

You are purposely an a**hole and I'll tell you something else- you will NEVER win people over with that approach!
Your argument was flawed, but your ego gets offended instead of making a correction. Please go to the Koombayah forum for consolation.

If that is your goal, go ahead and quit right now. Not quitting? Of course not. This board is a tremendous ego-feed for you! And people let you get away with it!! Shame on them and shame on you too!!!
Funny that you cannot see that only egos view other people as assholes as you do.

I've already exposed you as a plagairist ( remember me? ), and I just figured something else out about you while I'm sitting here!!! But I'm going to try to follow the spirit of this board and sit on that one for now..
Whew! I was worried for a moment.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I feel -YOU- have been harsh on your fellow man, and dammit, I've had a bad day.
So not only is poor Swami responsible for your lack of education concerning conception, but also for other things that have happened to you. Damn, I must be a powerful guy.

You have shown a cold-blooded stance towards the mistakes of youth.
Whereas you defend your errors as if they were precious gems to treasure.

You obviously have a TREMENDOUS amount of time on your hands... so I would guess that you are either unwilling or unable to work, so you have the time to post and snipe from the side-lines on a wide range of subjects.
I never bring it up because people would get even more upset. I have made millions in the stock market and do with my time as I please.

You would never do what John Alan Mohammad did- but you *understood* didn't you, Swami? :-)
You are the on carrying ALL THE ANGER here, bro.

You're damn lucky the people on this board are not so nice as to point out your glaring flank exposure as I have.
Gee, if only I were as loving as you pretend to be...

Clearly you are in a symbiotic relationship with the people here else you would not have been suffered to exist for so long.
Like yourself. You need me as a target to vent on. Starting to feel a little better?

I think you should ask yourself, what do I want from this forum? Growth for them? Growth for myself? Or both? Your suffocating ego has created a chilling effect. Where do we/you go from here? What is your world view?? Where do you want to lead people with your magnificent logic? Are you just as lost as you claim they are? Maybe that is why you have presented no clear vision to follow. Doing so might create a creature that occupies the same territory you have claimed as your own.
Please relate this to the reincarnation thread, your meandering is getting harder and harder to follow.

Irritation is a clear sign of overblown ego. Drink that in.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: reincarnation [Re: Phred]
    #1035035 - 11/08/02 05:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The biggest (and insurmountable) problem with reincarnation theory is a purely mathematical one.

Today there are pretty close to 7 billion people on the planet, presumably each one with a soul. Ten thousand years ago there were maybe 1 million people on the planet

Sorry I didn't read any farther into the thread before writing this.  But once my friend said the same thing to me and I couldn't think of anything to rebuke it at the time but I since have.

That is only a problem if souls only incarnate on earth.  And the cosmos are so huge I think it is pretty far fetched to assume earth is the only planet in the whole universe with life on it.  So it's not such an insurmountable problem if you figure it that way :grin:

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Re: reincarnation [Re: ]
    #1035048 - 11/08/02 05:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

We assume there has to be more life in the Universe because the number of souls is a constant. I've heard other people say that the number of souls isn't constant. How can we possibly know if the number of souls is constant? How can we possibly know if souls exist in the first place???

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: reincarnation [Re: Swami]
    #1035739 - 11/08/02 12:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You need me as a target to vent on. Starting to feel a little better?
----------------
Yes actually. :smile:

I wouldn't have posted that today,  but like I said, I had a bad day.
Having said all of that, I have to also admit that all-in-all your presence here is probably needed.
I'm not going to go so far as to say you're the sand in the oyster, but I think you know what I mean.

--------------------

Edited by Jellric (11/08/02 12:27 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1038278 - 11/09/02 05:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Sometimes... after awhile... some of us figure out that there's very little bathwater in Swami's tub of baby.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
    #1040552 - 11/10/02 09:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Pink Shark Mark....

I think that is the single most devastating argumet against any idea I have ever heard!

Man I got to give it to you. I never have made up my mind about reincarnation but your argument is the most powerful I have ever heard on the topic. I can not believe I had never thought of or heard of the obvious mathematical implications of reincarnation.

I can't wait to use this argumant on somebody! HeHe!

--------------------
---Still Searching---

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1040555 - 11/10/02 09:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

the waiting time for the FIRST incarnation of a soul is not 250,000 years, but only 80,000 years.

that's a very well thought out theory...i've often engaged in the same tpye of thinking but without the requisite mathematical skills to bring it through to fruition.....

Having said that however, it's my understanding that the "waitng period" to which you refer is measured in "kelpas" or some such thing......apparently they have very little(if any) correlation to our human devised systems of time.....this is all IF kelpas are an accurate way of measuring the time frame between incarnations......if there is in fact such a thing as reincarnation.....

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: reincarnation [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1040611 - 11/10/02 10:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I just hope the magazine subscriptions in the waiting room are up to date.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1040964 - 11/10/02 03:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

But yes, I feel there is a governing purpose to life, and if a person has a birth defect there is a reason for such in terms of a human soul

Well said. I agree. I feel that we choose our bodies and environments according to the lessons we need to learn spiritually. If a physical handicap can help us to learn something better, then go for it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order