Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Physic readings...
    #1385044 -



And people wonder why I'm skeptical...
(no, that's not me)


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1385050 -

WTF are Physic readings?  :confused:


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Murex]
    #1385476 -

lol, he is so proud of is crappy sign too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1386645 -

You can tell he's got a nice set up by the Jim Bean flags behind him.


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1387043 -

Actually.... the man in the suit is pointing out the sign... he isn't the "physic".
The "physic" is bent over next to the girl in the folding chair.

When I asked her what her deal was, she spoke really fast (ala "Crossing Over" Edwards) and then slowed down when it came to discussing the money. She told me that she normally charges $35, but there (at a rock concert) she was only charging $20. I said I was too poor... so the price dropped to $15. I said I really didn't care about "finding out" about myself... so the price dropped to $10, but she told me not to tell anyone that she was offering such a "deal".

So I spent my money on a half-pint of Hennessy cognac. I don't know what I would've "learned" from a "physic" reading, but that night I most definitely received a lesson in the rock and roll.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1387096 -

That's funny, good story. I know you are really skeptical, and that can be great. I also think it is rediculous to pay someone else to look into the future. I do think that people can look into their own future without the help of a psychic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1387122 -

rofl thats great :smile: thanks for the laugh

and Earth Droid.. I agree, man - we're time-travellers already :wink:


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (03/18/03 06:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1387201 -

hey they never claimed that they could spell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1391598 -

hey they never claimed that they could spell

True... but it's an issue of coherence.
She can read your future, but she can't read her own damn sign.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1391611 -

Maybe it's a marketing ploy. It seems to have caught your attention.


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Evolving]
    #1391623 -

Maybe it's a marketing ploy. It seems to have caught your attention.

I was the first (and only) person to point it out... no one (that I know of) noticed it until I told them. It is still a possibility though..... who knows with them crazy gypos, eh?


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1392001 -

The "physic" is bent over next to the girl in the folding chair.

You just said that to arouse my primal urges.



--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1395777 -

A physic used to mean an enema............................wouldn't want to read that :confused:: Or have it read :tongue:
I'll stick with good ole reliable tea leaves :wink: WR


--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Physic readings... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1396978 -

Ive seen that misspelling on 3 differenr shops in London - Proper signs too! Not sure if the signwriters couldnt spell or they just thought it was funny.


--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Holographic Universe. Life changing read. DarkMushrooom 1,908 16 07/23/03 11:30 PM
by HagbardCeline
* Fear and Loathing of Skeptics
( 1 2 all )
Swami 3,619 32 07/21/03 06:02 PM
by Zero7a1
* My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read
( 1 2 all )
jong21 2,200 21 11/30/03 04:04 AM
by Spokesman
* Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy)
( 1 2 all )
fireworks_godS 2,298 26 03/28/03 09:45 AM
by fireworks_god
* the tao of physics
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,543 24 12/27/03 04:47 PM
by Kiafi
* Skepticism
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Phluck 5,965 76 01/14/04 01:25 PM
by Anonymous
* The Skeptic System LearyfanS 2,582 18 04/20/02 10:07 AM
by Floydian
* Consciousness, Physics, and Spirituality. Reggaejunkiejew 2,390 6 01/16/17 07:38 PM
by Middleman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
594 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 31 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.