Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Microscope, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read
    #2143779 - 11/29/03 05:20 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I've been especially thougtful lately...thoughtful about life, god, myself...and this has nothing to do with any one of my shroom experiences, but I think those experiences have instead opened up my mind to these types of thoughts...no I don't think, I know.

And for me, opening up a new realm of thoughts makes me feel like I'm preparing to enter a new world in many ways...and it is very intimidating for me right now, because my thoughts are intimidating. For example, I'm beginning to realize how fake reality really is, and trying to accept it. It is hard to accept it and I'm also beginning to understand the dept, complexity, intensity, of the question "Why are we here?" I mean, fuck, the world is inside our heads, inside the chemical reactions in our heads...who knows what we are capable of perceiving and what we are not, who knows what the world, universe, etc, are really like?

I was thinking..string theory predicts what 11 dimensions? Well what if our minds are only capable of perceiving 3 of the 11 dimensions, what else is out there that we will never perceive? It is almost mind boggling to think that my thoughts and my perceptions are so my own...it makes me feel incredibly alone in this world, as I am only witnessing other people as conglomerations of molecules with interesting chemical reactions occuring, and not as much more. When I look at where I am, whether on the road or in my room or walking around everything around me feels as if it is a painting in my mind, that I am only really in a video game.

So these thoughts scared me and I began to think about life and god. And the question of why I'm here. And it is a question I'll do much thinking about but I know in my heart that I will find answers...not necessarily anything that anyone else would be able to understand but answers to my own fears...and most of all an appreciation for life, because it really is a gift, and in that sense it is incredibly significant.

So basically I've been thrust into a new world of thought and I'd like to spend more tmie in this forum discussing various things here. I've toured the forum many times but I'm beginning to feel like many of you have been on this kind of journey before and it would help for you to be there as I sound off my thoughts and maybe will be able to relate. It will be good to know I'm not alone on this journey, I know I am not but it will be good to see proof.

See you all around...

-Jon

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read [Re: jong21]
    #2143800 - 11/29/03 05:44 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Also I think since I'll be here more I'll introduce myself, I'm Jon, age 20 (21 in 1.5 months, have to remember now because I won't remember afterwards), 3rd year student at UC Berkeley, my life-long friend is growing his 2nd successful batch of shrooms now, but back to me...um, have used weed coke x, and shrooms of course, sticking to weed and shrooms for now and avoiding everything else unless I come across some lsd or mescaline, can't think of what else I would try...DMT, might try an extraction soon....computer science major with business minor, member of kappa delta rho fraternity...I appreciate drugs but they've become too big a part of my life so currently I'm staying away from them as much as I can, of course I don't think they are wrong but I need more moderation, shrooming once every 1-2 months is fine w/ me and weed is barely a drug...talking about what happened to me when I got into coke and x and that must be avoided....so other than drugs I tutor physics, play video games, chill with friends and bros, and do a ridiculous amount of homework.

Take care all it's time to sleep...

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2143850 - 11/29/03 08:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jong21 said:
And for me, opening up a new realm of thoughts makes me feel like I'm preparing to enter a new world in many ways...

Indeed. Every new thought is just one more step towards greater understanding. :mushroom2:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2143865 - 11/29/03 08:35 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

>"as I am only witnessing other people as conglomerations of molecules with interesting chemical reactions occuring, and not as much more."

You're not the only one so dont feel so alone. I had trouble with this acouple months ago too. At first its a disturbing feeling, but in the long run it helps cope with relationship problems, wether its parent and son, girlfriend and boyfriend, siblings or just friendships. Primarily because you will start realizing that most humans are only slaves to their chemical reactions and needs and that they can't help doing the things they do. Neither can us, and that factor alone also eliminates alot of the guilt you get when doing certain things that oppose the social ruling. Once the guilt is out then you might as well fill that emotional void with pleasurre and walla! The secret to happiness!! Well maybe not complete happiness but just have fun with whatever the hell this existance is dude. You can still read and think about figuring it out but make sure you enjoy it to and make friends because it is needed wether your just a meaningless organism or not. It is needed for youself to feel happiness so persue the things that will make your brain feel happy. And now that you know what we all are you should work on controlling emotions, all aslong as you are aware of the ultimate balance and that things you do eventually come around in one way or another, werther good or bad or even if you know it or not.

--------------------

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read *DELETED* [Re: Spokesman]
    #2144007 - 11/29/03 11:33 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read [Re: poke smot!]
    #2144036 - 11/29/03 11:49 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Spokesman hit the nail on the head. Realization of the "truths" on how basic humans are--sex drive, power hungry, etc. allows me to be more patient in relationships and a lot more understanding. It's not "damn, what a disappointment he is," it's "okay, I understand why he would do that." Just because you realized you're a computer running on chemicals doesn't change anything except bestow onto you a greater sense of freedom than your fellow humans.

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2144045 - 11/29/03 11:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"Reality" as we know it, IS fake. You only enter the real reality when death arrives and you cross over to the Other Side, back where you came from.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2144081 - 11/29/03 12:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

How do you know all this? Perhaps your perception of reality is fake because you perceive it as such? :smile: Anyways, what do you think is on the "Other Side," because I've been DYING to know? :wink:

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read [Re: ergot]
    #2144140 - 11/29/03 12:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Questions & Answers

AFTERLIFE: THE OTHER SIDE

For centuries, humankind has wondered whether or not there?s an afterlife. In this uncertainty, people have seen fit to use various words and phrases?religious or otherwise?to describe this state. Depending upon one?s belief system, descriptions can range from the well-known terms, Heaven and Nirvana, to more ancient monikers, such as Mt. Olympus. Within the Society of Novus Spiritus, we call the afterlife and its environs the ?Other Side.? In the following pages, you?ll read in detail about the Other Side?its function, lifestyle, and population?in other words, its total environment and purpose.
Those of you who have been dogmatically programmed into traditional beliefs and descriptions of the afterlife will be quite surprised by the information presented here. The free-thinkers will be amazed by certain aspects and content, and those of you who don?t have any belief in the afterlife might just find one here.
You?ll most certainly gain something from this information. So, keep an open mind and take only what feels right for you. Some of you will avidly absorb everything and find peace and love therein; and then again, some of you will digest bits and pieces that fit into your belief structure. I believe, however, that even the most skeptical person will see and recognize the truth and logic behind the Other Side.

What is the Other Side?

The Other Side is simply ?another dimension.? You can all relate to the three-dimensional environment you live in, called Earth. In fact, except for those who have experienced some sort of ?paranormal phenomena,? you only have a conscious memory of Earth. You accept it as reality because you can see, touch, and hear all of the events that take place in your world. Consequently, you feel somewhat secure in this view of reality and rarely bother to question God, the afterlife, or existence itself. Life seems fairly simple, whereas religion (and its multitude of beliefs) is very complex.
Your soul is in the dark, but not because your five senses failed you. You?re really looking for truth; but which person, church, or organization has the answer? The dilemma is believing in something without any tangible proof. This isn?t easy, as evidenced by the preponderance of various religions, philosophies, and scientific theories.
The possibility of another dimension is not a new thought by any means. Philosophers and mystics have expounded on this for centuries. Scientists have also gotten into the act, so to speak, with their theories of parallel dimensions and alternate universes at the other end of a black hole. For the moment, I ask that you set aside any confusing theories and listen to logic.
You know that you exist because your five senses tell you so. Descartes said it well, ?I think; therefore I am.? If you accept this reality and your existence, then logic tells you that you have finite existence at best because of your limited life span. You then have to ask, ?Is that all there is?? Logic again dictates the obvious answer?no. The reason is simple: It would be the greatest joke ever played on humankind. To say that your only existence is your short life on this Earth, especially with all of its inequities, is ridiculous. Life on Earth is not at all equal. Some of you live a long time; others exist only a short while. Some of you are poor, others have considerable wealth. Some of you have a racial background that is more subject to discrimination than others, and the list goes on and on. Clearly, to define existence as merely your life span on Earth doesn?t make any sense.
So, where?s the rest of your existence? Again, you must use logic for your answer. If you can?t perceive the remainder of your existence with your five senses, then it must be beyond the realm of your sense of perception.
The Other Side is, indeed, beyond the normal sensory perception of humankind. It?s another dimension at a higher frequency of matter. In actuality, it is reality! Think logically for a moment and consider how 100 years compares to an eternity. It?s like a drop of water in a very large ocean. If logic dictates this comparison, then it must also mandate that the vast majority of your existence isn?t on the Earth plane. And when you aren?t on the Earth Plane, you, like me, are in a place we call Home. It?s a paradise, it?s a heaven?it?s the ultimate reality of existence. I?m the living, and you, in essence, are the dead, because you?re living in a time-bound state of unreality.
Please don?t be upset by this, because eventually all of you will come Home and exist in the true reality that I?m in now?when you?ve completed your purpose on Earth. You may not be able to fully comprehend the fact that you now exist in a state of unreality, but let me assure you that when you pass over to my side, it all becomes very clear. At that time, you?ll have a complete resurgence of all your memory and senses uniting in the true reality. On your Earth plane, you?re at a disadvantage because you don?t have all of your faculties available to you, as you would when you exist on the Other Side. There?s a reason for this. It would be too painful and unbearable if you could fully recall Home.
Most entities, at one time or another, schedule a physical life to experience negativity. There is no negativity on the Other Side?the true reality of existence. Negativity exists on your Earth plane, but since its part of a knowledge, almost all of God?s creations choose to garner that wisdom to augment the evolvement of their soul. The purpose of life is to accumulate knowledge and experience for God, and you never stop doing this, not even on the Other Side.
To summarize: Your true existence is in another dimension we call the Other Side. This dimension has a higher frequency of matter, which is beyond the realm of your five senses. It?s a dimension where you reside for eternity, except for your sojourns to a plane of unreality (like Earth), where you temporarily dwell to experience and learn for the evolvement of your soul. The Other side is your real Home.

Where is the Other Side?

The Other Side is a dimension that exists nearly ?on top of? the dimension you?re residing in now. There are variants, however, since the Other Side is subject to different laws of physics from your plane. The Earth plane is temporary and contains negative energy, so it?s actually what you might call antimatter. The energy and matter on the Other Side is true matter.
The Other side is superimposed on your plane, but located approximately three feet higher. This is one reason why those who have seen ?spirits? or ?ghosts? see them floating a little above your ground level. Basically, the Earth plane and the Other Side share the same ?space.? But due to the higher vibrational frequency of the Other Side, you can?t sense and perceive its existence. On the other hand, you?re like ?ghosts? in our world?since our sensory levels are more developed, we perceive you much easier than you sense us. We just need to concentrate a little and activate our senses to a sharper pitch so we can see you clearly and ?look into you.?
Despite our close proximity of the Earth plane, the Other Side is not a complete reproduction of your material world. Everything that is beautiful on your plane?is replicated on our plane in basically the same locations. However, we don?t duplicate changes created by humans unless they?re of great beauty. Although we have large bodies of water on the Other Side, our oceans are not as immense as yours. Much of the oceans surface on your plane is land on ours.
This brings us to another very important point. Since the laws of physics vary on the Other Side, we have more room to reside here. Let me explain this to you so you can understand. Without changing our size, we?re able to fill a nine-by-twelve-foot room with hundreds of people. Our physical laws allow us to do this without shrinking to a microscopic size, because space on our plane is entirely different. So, even if we have more entities who exist on our plane, we have much more space and aren?t in the least bit crowded. This also applies to land, open space, bodies of water, buildings, and all material things.
Up until now, I?ve talked about the location of the Other Side in relation to your planet. Earth, however, isn?t the only inhabited planet in the universe. There are millions of planets like yours where entities of various shapes and sizes exist and every inhabited planet has its own Other Side. In essence, each Other Side is a beautiful replica of its particular planet, and is located in the same dimension?so we travel frequently among them as we choose.
Whenever we travel to other areas of the universe, we proceed by code numbers. The universe is divided into many diverse areas, and this system makes it easier to pin-point locations. To cover such a vast realm, code numbers are assigned to different sections within sections so that a particular locale can be found.
For example, if I want to go to the area of the Crab Nebula, I might say I?d like to go to XL-16 and ?wish? myself there. In an instant, I arrive. We can teleport ourselves immediately by thought alone, but it?s hard to explain this phenomenon unless you can see it. We also have a large information board where we can check code number s and locations to direct our travel to unfamiliar places in the universes. I, myself, have never been to the outer regions, although I know many entities who have.
The convenience of travel has established effective communication among the various other Sides of the inhabited planets. Overall, this augments the knowledge, as discoveries are freely exchanged. For the purpose of your understanding, however, I?ll confine my discussions in the following text to the Other Side of the planet Earth. Nevertheless, keep in mind that most Other Sides on various planets operate similarly.

--------------------

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
    #2144156 - 11/29/03 12:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa... what a bunch of self-delusion. So, what if I left this planet (future space exploration), I would never reside in the same "reality" (err, Home) as my family??!?!! FOR ETERNITY? y'know, since each planet has its own "reality."

"You know that you exist because your five senses tell you so. Descartes said it well, “I think; therefore I am.” If you accept this reality and your existence, then logic tells you that you have finite existence at best because of your limited life span. You then have to ask, “Is that all there is?” Logic again dictates the obvious answer—no. The reason is simple: It would be the greatest joke ever played on humankind. To say that your only existence is your short life on this Earth, especially with all of its inequities, is ridiculous. Life on Earth is not at all equal. Some of you live a long time; others exist only a short while. Some of you are poor, others have considerable wealth. Some of you have a racial background that is more subject to discrimination than others, and the list goes on and on. Clearly, to define existence as merely your life span on Earth doesn’t make any sense."

Why would it be a joke on humankind? The mayfly (insect) lives only a day. ONE DAY. Perhaps any moment in existence is a gift to be cherished, not something that greed and survival instinct dictactes should last forver? If I live for 25 years, 50 years, or 100 years... I will be grateful for existence, for each and every moment of THIS reality. It is not a cruel joke, it is a gift. Your logic is not logic, by the way. I mean, you are looking for perfect equality... that is impossible... and also very boring, I would imagine. Our lives work on evolution... the fittest survive the longest and reproduce.. don't ask me what life is trying to do, but at least I know what it is currently chronicled as doing. I will not make up an imaginary afterworld to calm my fears, I will accept my existence with happiness and live accordingly.

--------------------

User Gallery

#2144198 - 11/29/03 01:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Actually if you read the whole thing, you'll also notice that Francine states there ARE no insects, on the other side. Insects only exist HERE on this plane of existence, as biological little robots for ecosystem necessities.

X can't prove Y is wrong or right, and nor can Y prove X is right or wrong...

So it's a matter of choosing what I feel to be the higher truth, within myself. Choose your own beliefs at your own will :smile: I don't judge you for your beliefs or your beliefs for you. If that makes you happy, then who am I to say you shouldn't believe in such? 

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2144219 - 11/29/03 01:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

:smile:

You are headed in the right direction, my friend, do not despair!

We all go through it, it's called disillusionment :smirk:

We have been raised to believe certain things as infalable truth. You are probably beginning to have an understanding of how much conditioning is a part of "raising your kids", eh? It's hard to break free from conditioning which lasts as long as this usually does.

Let me say, I'm only 22 (23 soon). I would say that my "awakening" began right around where you are now. Not to imply that I'm finished...because there is no end in sight for me :wink:

You are familiar with string theory, eh? The physics of dimensions with a circumference below the Plank length is exactly the same as the physics of that dimension with a circumference larger than the Plank length (it is an inverted relationship). The extra dimensions are supposedly wound smaller than the Plank length, so the physics inside those dimensions is no diferent than the physics of our dimensions (though there may be added effects due to extra dimensions for the string to propagate in). Just some food for thought :wink:

Can I ask you...how long and how much have you used a computer?

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read [Re: trendal]
    #2144238 - 11/29/03 01:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

trendal, who were you talking to?

We are all conditioned--memetically. However, we can break free from that prison, but that does not mean we are superior than insects. I find it hard to validate your point that insects are soulless robots, and we are some how different? I think we are all just organic computers and will never realize our ultimate usefulness to this existence. Also, I feel it is completely impossible to be aware of any other dimension that could serve as an after-life. Simply because string theory dictates other dimensions, does not mean we will for some reason travel there after our death.

--------------------

User Gallery

#2144250 - 11/29/03 02:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You fail to realize that Man's inquisitive nature, Man's conscience, is what seperates us from the insect kingdom?

--------------------

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
    #2144257 - 11/29/03 02:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Conscience is conditioned. Human sacrifices are accepted to some cultures (with no bearing on conscience), whereas it derives a feeling of guilt within our culture (I would hope so, at least.). The curious nature is a direct result of our brain capacity. I would definitely say dogs are curious, too... not too mention the cliche cat.

--------------------

User Gallery

#2144295 - 11/29/03 02:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

In those primitive cultures where they sacrifice humans to volcanoes, thinking that it will appease the Gods insofar as to not make the volcanoe get "mad" and spurt out hot lava and rocks and thick black smoke, may appear barbaric and unremorseful to us...but documentaries of extensive studies performed on primitive cultures in Venezuela, Southern America show that the natives do things that we would consider barbaric and uncivilized (read up on Male iniation rites), whereas at the same time they would make equally biased judgments against us "civilized westerners" as well. To them, they're doing it out of good conscience for their higher powers, and willfully do so without question.

To have your conscience conditioned, you have to already have conscience to begin with. How your conscience is conditioned is irrelevant.
Our inquisitive nature derives from our higher consciousness that we innately possess.
Nor did I dispute the fact that animals, too, have the inquisitive nature to a certain degree.
Animals exist on the Other Side as well.
Insects, however; no.

I will wager money that nobody can document a flea exhibiting behavior outside of it's survival parameters; procreation, consumption, defecation, and dormancy.

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2144814 - 11/29/03 06:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Man i tell you, im pretty stoned right now and i can tell you, there IS another dimension cuz im in it right now. :smile::spliff::crazy: But maybe this dimension ends when the THC gets out of my system?? :sad: oooorrr when i die, i go back to whereever the hell i was before i came here so i might as well have fun with this current dream i have been let loose on. Yeah that sounds much better..:):spliff::crazy2::lol:....Aw man im out there............ 

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: My thoughts are scary, but not in a bad way....read [Re: Spokesman]
    #2144931 - 11/29/03 06:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Aw man....enjoy it while it lasts :grin: Be sure to come back now y'hear? :wink:

--------------------

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
    #2145029 - 11/29/03 07:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So you consider insects seperate from the animal kingdom? To say all insects exhibit no curious behavior is a little far-fetched to me.

Anyways, the point about the conscience was that there is no universal "good" or "evil" within mankind, and thus no good or evil whatsoever. Morality is only what a culture deems as such. Nothing more.

--------------------

User Gallery

#2145099 - 11/29/03 08:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Do you believe that insects ponder about God? Do you feel that an ant is gonna think about the universe, and ask questions about it, speculate about origins of life, where they came from, study other insects, conduct tests on other life forms, discuss moral issues, talk about quantum physics, string theories, or what the ground they walk on consists of, or their own biological nature, develop communicative relationships with other insects that eat them, or try to maintain world peace in their world? That's a lil far-fetched to me.
THAT is what I mean, by "inquisitive nature"
THIS, is what seperates us, from the animal kingdom, AND the insect kingdom. Higher consciousness.

The type of morality derived from any specific conscience which is the result of an innate higher consciousness, matters not. Any being with a certain level of higher consciousness will have a conscience, period. Whatever morals becomes of itself, is irrelevant.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Microscope, San Pedro

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology