Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29685990 -

I'm all for more regulation.  Bury it in the Romper Room, filter out any Recent Posts and don't make it available to any new users.


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29685995 -

Pastywhyte said:
hellofresh said:
Sometimes I wish I could remove stuff like this when searching for image reactions.

:happyhitler::pedobear::hitler::scottish::meatspace::dancinghitler::hitlerdance::nignored::bendoverrover::mattz::pedropussy::presidential::splooge::sheeplove:


Perhaps I'll appreciate it more when I'm old enough to retire.



Some of those I share your sentiments and others I don’t feel much about and a couple I’ve used myself and would be sad to see gone. I thought we used to have a SFW view or something that blocked out a lot of the undesirable content for individual users. At any rate I will always support a self censorship feature to help people avoid things they need to. But what is offensive is a sliding scale for everyone. My biggest issue with all of this isn’t that I care about bigots rights to be bigots, it’s at what precise line to we draw those distinctions. People will always debate that point but the devil is in the details. How do we decide which persons offence taken is to be the benchmark for these things? For sure the context in which a specific graem is used will contribute much to the message, I can see a lot of those being used in a manner that isn’t glorifying the subject. This is where the freedom of speech comes back into play.



To be clear. I just wish it was organized better or I could hide stuff I'm never going to use. I don't really want to see it when I'm looking for pictures of cats. If other people want to use it that's their prerogative.

I think it would be a shame if the base images got removed... Part of what neat about this place is running across old threads when the type of humor was more socially acceptable.

I don't really know, not trying to derail the thread. It's just something that's always bothered me. Time to talk with the sleepy time tea bear and go to bed.

:tubgirl:


--------------------
🌾💮🫘🥖

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 2
    #29686006 -

BeefExtreme said:
Id say calling B traven a n*gger would be a decent place to draw the line...



If it had happened in MC I would be swinging hammers like I was fucking Thor. I don’t disagree with you but I also recognize OTD historically served a purpose. I’m not sure just banning people en mass will solve anything either. So many puppets already.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 2
    #29686017 -

Ok, I gotta make a proper confession here.

I was neither shocked nor personally bothered by that post. I am, in fact, a white dude. And not at all insecure about my intelligence level. I PERSONALLY took it as childish lashing-out in reaction to what I had said.

I saw someone almost certainly accidentally stumble into OTD and post something utterly innocuous. Or maybe they misinterpreted what OTD is, and thought it was a good place to start that thread. Either way, they were immediately insulted and told they didn't belong there. That sort of shit pisses me off to no end. If I'd seen the OTD regulars just sort of cryptically use it as a chance to crack inside jokes or whatever, I wouldn't have been as pissed off. If an OTD mod had quietly moved the thread to a different forum, I would have seen that as fair. But seeing that "get out of our clubhouse" shit just pushed me over the line.

Also, it certainly didn't help when Headies -the fucking coward who set up a stupid Trump-glazing troll account and then opted out of ratings- jumped in and started going off about how "there is no psychedelic culture, har har, hippies killin babies n shit." Yet another statement which went unchallenged by the regulars. On THIS site of all places.

So I made a pretty inflammatory post about wishing OTD was somewhere else, and suggesting that they're all a bunch of immature losers.

NOW. What DOES bother me is people throwing that word around like it's just some post-modern joke, and nobody there calling them out on it in any way because OTD is obviously on a mission to normalize throwing that word around. I don't know how many of them are straight-up racists, how many are just way too comfortable in their spun-out druggie white privilege, or how many just spent too much time simping for Patti Smith. I just know that it's not cool. And it does piss me off to see that in more general terms (just not personal ones).

And yet, still, the original point also sticks in my craw. Not a single person came forward to say, hey there, you kinda took a wrong turn. Nope. They all thought that the initial "go fuck yourself, noob" was hilarious. Along with cheering at someone with a white supremacist name randomly hurling one of the most offensive racial slurs around just for shits and giggles.

To be clear, it's the totality of that scene as described here that really bothers me. It's not just the shitty abuse of free speech. It's the unmitigated asshole-ish behavior of the entire community.

Like, the language is some shitty band that's a total ripoff of the worst "ironic" shock-rock acts, except half the band are actually also Proud Boys. The treatment of random interlopers is that kid who "accidentally on-purpose" punches you square in the face when you're standing at the edge of the pit, and nobody cares. And then when someone sees it happen and comments on it, they end up with a circle of kids around them going "shut up boomer, hardcore is all about being racist and punching people now."

Edited by B Traven (10/04/26 08:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 2
    #29686025 -

Gotta love ppl throwing punches in a mosh.elbow up bud gonna be blood :oldman:

Lmao I miss the old moshes last few concerts they tryed to prevent them because they worried ppl gonna get hurt lol it's a community someone falls u got 5 pulling u up n making sure u alright :popcorn:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29686032 -

bloodssonnew said:
Gotta love ppl throwing punches in a mosh.elbow up bud gonna be blood :oldman:

Lmao I miss the old moshes last few concerts they tryed to prevent them because they worried ppl gonna get hurt lol it's a community someone falls u got 5 pulling u up n making sure u alright :popcorn:



Those fist-swinging dorks would DIE in the pits I like. Doesn't take any footwork, rhythm, situational awareness, or sense of balance to stand in one spot and flail your arms around. Doesn't take much to spin-kick into the crowd, either.

Fuck, man.

I finally gave up that battle. I just stand outside and smoke weed when I see that shit pop off now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 2
    #29686038 -

I stepped back after throwing elbow backwards once because I seem someone running at me arms back full draw.

His nose was hanging off told em seek medical attention immediately..

Lwk idk if that dude made it... Literally nose hanging below his bottom lip n gushing ☠️:uhoh:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Edited by bloodssonnew (10/04/26 08:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 3
    #29686042 -

Seeing it from your perspective I have to agree. And I don’t want to come off as some OTD apologist. While I don’t think bad of everyone over there, there are certainly some people that would be better off somewhere else. I guess I’m so protective of MC I don’t want to see a bunch of spiteful puppets migrate here to become a never ending game of whack a mole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29686050 -

bloodssonnew said:
Gotta love ppl throwing punches in a mosh.elbow up bud gonna be blood :oldman:

Lmao I miss the old moshes last few concerts they tryed to prevent them because they worried ppl gonna get hurt lol it's a community someone falls u got 5 pulling u up n making sure u alright :popcorn:



“Alright,  now I want the crowd to part into two.  Yeah, just like that.  Now I want you to pick someone in the crowd across from you, lock eyes with them, and I want you to FUCKING KILL THEM.  But kill them with love, you know?”

Vans warped tour was an experience :lol:


--------------------
O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #29686051 -

I suppose i could see that happening.  Never could understand puppetry, but then, im not a coward so its difficult to comprehend the psychology of a coward.

Yeah, I know B was unscathed by the comment.  Dudes taken much worse from far better men.  It was the whole chain of events.  It was the way we seem to be the only ones standing up to these goons and trying to stand up for the noobs. 

Pissed me off


I will confess, i may be being unfair to Hamloaf and may have misunderstood his relationship with otd.  I confess Im Scottish/irish/german and I do have a temper.

Edited by BeefExtreme (10/04/26 08:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29686076 -

:whathesaid: :onfire:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 3
    #29686106 -

I can tell that everyone's hearts are in the right place on this thread even with all the slight disagreements.

The fact that we all can state our perspective on how we feel is best to handle (or mitigate) the issue with OTD is a testament to our civility in the MC forum

Everyone has made compelling points about where they stand. I confess I am by nature a more laissez faire enthusiast but I do realize its shortcomings when it comes to letting things get out of hand.

I do now believe that the OTD serves the purpose of a collection vessel for all the users who havent quite civilized up enough to be a part of the forums with higher standards

I also see the slippery slope that is what censored speech becomes, when those who are the ones censoring get all high and mighty and feel it in their power to censor/ ban for their own pleasure... then they would be no better than the people they ban. Then the question would become, "Who is the arbiter of what can and cant be said?"

This is a community that helps each other, and having an adjacent community that isnt that at all, just might be a necessary evil that Im glad is contained within the OTD

P.S. all my recent plates are Baterial af and its time to bust out the agar sandwich and cabin Sequestration


Edited by langten69 (10/04/26 09:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 1
    #29686108 -

B Traven said:
bloodssonnew said:
Gotta love ppl throwing punches in a mosh.elbow up bud gonna be blood :oldman:

Lmao I miss the old moshes last few concerts they tryed to prevent them because they worried ppl gonna get hurt lol it's a community someone falls u got 5 pulling u up n making sure u alright :popcorn:



Those fist-swinging dorks would DIE in the pits I like. Doesn't take any footwork, rhythm, situational awareness, or sense of balance to stand in one spot and flail your arms around. Doesn't take much to spin-kick into the crowd, either.

Fuck, man.

I finally gave up that battle. I just stand outside and smoke weed when I see that shit pop off now.



For real. No flailing and throwing sledge bows and half round houses necessary.

I still frequent the inside of a pit 5 or6 six times a year. On a slow year at least. 

Most shows. I chill Just on the outside. Keeping people in he pit and on thier feet.      But some shows i just cant resist. Gotta get n that shit and let loose.  But no flailing. 

There's always one in every pit tho. 

Ahem. Blood👀 :jammingout:

:slomo::chase:


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 3
    #29686109 -

Pastywhyte said:
Seeing it from your perspective I have to agree. And I don’t want to come off as some OTD apologist. While I don’t think bad of everyone over there, there are certainly some people that would be better off somewhere else. I guess I’m so protective of MC I don’t want to see a bunch of spiteful puppets migrate here to become a never ending game of whack a mole.




Yo thanks for taking the time to speak
With us today paste-man.  Pretty cool to see where youre coming from even if i dont totally agree. Gave me a lot to think on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29686130 -

callmehippie said:
For sure this is definitely been my experience as well . Amd I feel the same.


It's unfortunate that it sounds others  people are having experiences that are opposite. They come here and  somehow  maybe accidentally for whatever reason end up in otd and next thing we know. we lost a good  member before we ever even had them ..



This is how I feel.
It's like we have three or four different doors that people might go through and one of them leads to an instant yuck moment that would scare them off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29686162 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
callmehippie said:
For sure this is definitely been my experience as well . Amd I feel the same.


It's unfortunate that it sounds others  people are having experiences that are opposite. They come here and  somehow  maybe accidentally for whatever reason end up in otd and next thing we know. we lost a good  member before we ever even had them ..



This is how I feel.
one of them leads to an instant yuck moment that would scare them off.



hell that happens here too....if this were WebMD, i bet welfare checks'd be issued. (and not king vitamin)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 5
    #29686208 -

Guys...

This is REALLY important.... The psychedelic community, this website has relied on free speech to even exist, this entire time. 

I don't come to cult.. so, I'll give context.  My lost account was reg'd 2005.  I posted alot in cult and OTD. I've seen the worst and the best of the place.

Returning.  I'm still a psychedelics and mushroom enthusiast, sometimes professional forager of edibles for restaurants and markets. 

Love it or hate it.. Mushrooms are in a very complex relationship with all of human kind.  You are going to ALWAYS have fringe thinkers and challenging personalities make their way here... and a very few irreparable, truly horrible people.   

As is stands.. and its taken considerable trial and error over 20+ years; you have a very well managed forum.  MC isn't bombarded by non-sense.  There is a place for everything.. and outside of one instance I know of, in the recent years.. everything stays almost completely in its place. 

OTD is honestly, pretty dead.  Of what exists, is not at all what it's mythos promises.  What you see, HARDLY exceeds what you may see on some cringe Kill Tony reels.  I don't think it's truly that shocking anymore.  Most important.. it is KEPT there. You want this.

AGAIN... The psychedelic community, this website all like it, have relied on free speech to even exist.  Let alone gain acceptance in mainstream society.  We require that free speech HOLDS, to finish that job.   

As important...  If we are going to be a considerate and humane community... we have to acknowledge that the restriction of personhood, or exile from a community is an INCREDIBLY serious matter.... you are cutting off potentially life saving relationships... You are removing the opportunity to cultivate positive progressive ideas and attitudes to those persons...  you are sending off transgressive persons, with further resentments and confirmation of anger and bitterness, to join echo chambers... RATHER than to STAY in this place, which offers a full spectrum of personalities and perspectives. 

Lastly... This place is a unique gem, that has survived this long, the over politicization and cancel culture.. I don't think it's a threat to have transgressive words and ideas spoken, it's a challenge and an opportunity to grow and strengthen your humanity and character.

I have no idea the sites reasoning... but I respect that it is their final say.  Some see it as a black eye... but, it's also CONSISTENTLY referenced as a premiere resource and community for mycologists and hobbyists worldwide.

These are my own opinions and reflections.  They are decades firm.  I'm not going to argue... but, of course, you all have your own... and are as of right now, Free to express them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Awebig Throy]
    #29686239 -

Respect. Thanks for coming here and weighing in being cool about shit.

As an OTD head, how do you feel about it being more hidden / off by default for new users?

Seems like two things are true at once, about normies who wander in and pubpost by accident: OTD enjoys publicly eating them for sport/lulz, but also genuinely seems to not want that shit / wish people wouldn't do it. (exhibit A, exhibit B)

So if OTD became a more opt-in thing, would the OTD people care? Would you consider that a good thing / convenient? Or is that like, erasure or something.

Asking for your opinion and what you think the general mood from OTD would be. That forum is really diverse (lol), so it seems like it's a hard group to speak for like it's one thing, I know it's not.

Just kinda takin temperature.

:salute:


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29686249 -

It used to be hidden, until you hit a certain post count.  I was fine with it. 

I won't speak for anyone else.  I'm happy with what works... as long as there is somewhere you can say "Yo... Take that crazy shit to OTD, bud..."  I think we're in good shape.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Awebig Throy] * 6
    #29686264 -

Hey dude. What is the deal with all the racist, sexist, and xenophobic shit? The slurs, rhetoric, and just overall “whoa” of it all? I just don’t understand the appeal, so maybe you can help us understand.

Some people come here for “drugs”, but a lot of people come for healing, or culture, or spirituality and religion, etc. For the life of me, I don’t understand the bullshit over there. How is it beneficial to anything, let alone the psychedelic community?

I say this as someone who has lived a very interesting life, filled with tons of experiences of tight community, diverse opinions, and grinding it out. I’ve seen a lot of bad shit, but sooo much good shit. You guys in OTD don’t make me cringe with the words you use, but it seems regressive.

Edit: I’ll cross-post this in OTD to get a broader perspective.

Edited by AstroSporeFiend (10/05/26 01:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 |

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I've cultivated... zetek 905 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Hardcore Cultivator...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
OldSpice 51,963 342 04/29/08 10:29 PM
by just me
* Important - All Cultivators please read.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 43,986 103 05/31/05 03:35 AM
by Anno
* alt.drugs.mushrooms.cultivation (good/bad idea) BikeCourier 7,156 9 10/26/21 06:04 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Psilocybin Azurescens Indoor Cultivation Experiment... doctor_kandee 3,233 2 02/22/05 04:37 PM
by doctor_kandee
* Post deleted by users_request
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
NuShroomPharmerII 28,111 85 06/04/01 04:53 PM
by MNmyc
* VOTE!! Outdoor Cultivation Forum w/Moe For Mod!!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
TM 25,052 73 04/13/10 01:30 AM
by jingus
* What is the most potent mushroom that you can cultivate?
( 1 2 all )
crakkattak 6,282 23 04/24/06 08:10 AM
by bongtoke

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
465,709 topic views. 14 members, 56 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.021 seconds on 16 queries.