Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Malt Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedoctor_kandee
Stranger
Psilocybin Azurescens Indoor Cultivation Experiment...
    #3817790 - 02/22/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So i've seen plenty of articles/posts about cultivation of Psilocybin Azurescens which all included an aspect of outdoor cultivation for the fruiting requirements. I assume this is because of the low temperature requirements. Could not these low temperature requirements be fulfilled with something as simple as a dorm style indoor mini fridge? I'm proceeding with the experiment now. Basically I will not go into details that others do. I'll say this much. I'm cultivating stock inocula on Agar. I decided to do 2 runs, one on MEA, and one on PDYA. I may also inoculate some cardboard. I will use hardwood chips in a rubbermaid container sterilized. I will place these chips in the refrigerator. My fridge holds a stable temperature just under 40'F. I feel this should be sufficent to induce fruiting of the mushroom. I will then case them in the rubbermaid by laying out a layer of topsoil and hardy grasseed, watering very regularly. I will post more details and pictures to the cultivation if it works. Please post any comments/questions/replies/corrections to my technique you may have. You may also PM me. If this has already been posted, I apologize, I did not see any postings on INDOOR CULTIVATION with a REFRIGERATOR being used. The only INDOOR CULTIVATION was from a gentleman in Germany who posted he grew them in a cellar with a broken window so the cellar was the same temperature as the outside temperature.
Also, this is my first cultivation experience, so I am by no means an expert, just someone who thought about things extensively, and read a lot of stuff before attempting to cultivate. Hopefully I may be successful in this undertaking, and maybe I'll find a good indoor cultivation for this potent species.
Peace
-DK

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Psilocybin Azurescens Indoor Cultivation Experiment... [Re: doctor_kandee]
    #3817804 - 02/22/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

> I did not see any postings on INDOOR CULTIVATION with a REFRIGERATOR being used.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25150

Offlinedoctor_kandee
Stranger
Re: Psilocybin Azurescens Indoor Cultivation Experiment... [Re: Anno]
    #3817838 - 02/22/05 06:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

don't know why that didn't come up the first time when I looked at indoor cultivation?! Now I feel stupid...sorry

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Malt Extract

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation