Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29685926 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
Pastywhyte said:
I’ll be 💯 real if this was my site, there would be like 4 boards, they would all be on topic and there wouldn’t be an oz of shitpoasting. But it’s not my site and chances are my site would be crickets.



asking for racism to actually be punished the way it should be by our society isn't making a empty website. It's keeping racist away from people trying to make this a thriving website.

It's pretty obvious that having the opposite would only be benefiting a very creepy fringe minority when the majority of our traffic does not want or need that.

That's like saying our town in California needs to have a Guantánamo Bay just in case that way we have it when we need it.
:doublefacepalm:



I’m different from you then in that I don’t know what the demographics are that drive the site, and how this site stays afloat. I tend to view it from a sociological lense whereas certain aspects of the site exist because they perform a function. The decision as to if we have outgrown some of them is beyond my ability to determine in this specific instance. If the site traffic can be massively increased by the removal of a large targeted group of people as determined by yourself, I’m sure the administration will be happy to listen to any proposals you may have. As for myself I guess I’m simply grateful I can post here in MC freely without being shutdown constantly for being a good source of information. I still remember Facebook too well I suppose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bluescreen] * 4
    #29685929 -

Ultimately it's Ythan's site and his decision but I do think that it reflects poorly on him. Even if he doesn't hold racist beliefs himself he's still allowing himself to become an ally to racism by choosing to foster a space for it thrive in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685933 -

One things for sure. You're not the problem Pasty.  Lots of things you say make sense.

As you pointed out things tend to evolve. everything does in fact. It would be nice if this place evolved into a less hateful direction. I think only we can speak that into existence. 

You sound supportive of the idea of moving in that  direction and making good recommendations to do so. I at least.appreciate that.
.


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 8
    #29685941 -

Personally if I thought OTD is what people thought of when they think of the shroomery I would take it personally. I feel that the site is so much more than OTD or even the pub. Those places barely exist in my mind. Rather than try to fight those people I’d rather surpass them. Make them irrelevant. Don’t give them the attention they crave. People should come here to learn how to grow shrooms and stay because it’s the best place to do that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685942 -

:whathesaid::hug:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29685950 -

I confess I had 4 ppl blocking me n it went to 3 dang now I got super rookie numbers :oldman:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29685955 -

I think one of the new users posted about their experience and how if they would have been directed to OTD before MC they probably wouldn’t have joined the community. I agree I don’t know traffic for the site, but how many people see those before joining and DO have OTD as what their idea of what shroomery is?

I personally wouldn’t let anything of mine be publicly associated with a website that harbored hate speech? This is not a a public or government run website. There is no first amendment on a message board. It comes down to the personal values of those in charge. The bottom line is this speech is being intentionally allowed to continue which goes against my values. But like Pasty said, it’s not my site, not everyone has the same values as me and the world would suck if they did because I know I don’t have all the answers. I would love a message board like this with like 4 topics, but the same engagement and community.

But, I am  also happy that this is being addressed


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685956 -

quote]Pastywhyte said:
Personally if I thought OTD is what people thought of when they think of the shroomery I would take it personally. I feel that the site is so much more than OTD or even the pub. Those places barely exist in my mind. Rather than try to fight those people I’d rather surpass them. Make them irrelevant. Don’t give them the attention they crave. People should come here to learn how to grow shrooms and stay because it’s the best place to do that.



Yyyeah, but hamloaf who, represents a big part of what the cult forum is fosters the bullshit . Hes even got an OTD signature.  i wish i could agree that the line was as solid as youre suggesting but i personally think he should be held to a higher standard at a minumum for what youre saying to make sense.

Just callin it how i see it.

Edited by BeefExtreme (10/04/26 07:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29685957 -

Sometimes I wish I could remove stuff like this when searching for image reactions.

:happyhitler::pedobear::hitler::scottish::meatspace::dancinghitler::hitlerdance::nignored::bendoverrover::mattz::pedropussy::presidential::splooge::sheeplove:


Perhaps I'll appreciate it more when I'm old enough to retire.


--------------------
🌾💮🫘🥖

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: hellofresh] * 1
    #29685959 -

Yyyyeah... solid point fresh although ive always kinda thought the hillary one was funny.  I dislike her and i dont really consider it offensive but still... solid point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: hellofresh] * 2
    #29685960 -

For sure this is definitely been my experience as well . Amd I feel the same.


It's unfortunate that it sounds others  people are having experiences that are opposite. They come here and  somehow  maybe accidentally for whatever reason end up in otd and next thing we know. we lost a good  member before we ever even had them ..


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie]
    #29685962 -

hellofresh said:
Sometimes I wish I could remove stuff like this when searching for image reactions.

:happyhitler::pedobear::hitler::scottish::meatspace::dancinghitler::hitlerdance::nignored::bendoverrover::mattz::pedropussy::presidential::splooge::sheeplove:


Perhaps I'll appreciate it more when I'm old enough to retire.



Some of those I share your sentiments and others I don’t feel much about and a couple I’ve used myself and would be sad to see gone. I thought we used to have a SFW view or something that blocked out a lot of the undesirable content for individual users. At any rate I will always support a self censorship feature to help people avoid things they need to. But what is offensive is a sliding scale for everyone. My biggest issue with all of this isn’t that I care about bigots rights to be bigots, it’s at what precise line to we draw those distinctions. People will always debate that point but the devil is in the details. How do we decide which persons offence taken is to be the benchmark for these things? For sure the context in which a specific graem is used will contribute much to the message, I can see a lot of those being used in a manner that isn’t glorifying the subject. This is where the freedom of speech comes back into play.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29685963 -

Hell, I only went to OTD for the Heartland thread.  Anything else I yeeted into there was because my dumbass brain sees the "New Posts! :laugh:" icon and says "must check board."  Don't even always realize it when I crack it open, it's incredibly frustrating.

Honestly, I should prolly get checked for OCD tendencies.  I know my mom's got it, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for me.  That or maybe a stroke of the autisms.  Hard to tell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: DorkWithTheHair]
    #29685969 -

I just wanted to question why no one's evin responded to me stating the illegal part of they're discrimination though yea I guess legality isn't a thought? 😂🙏

Imadrop the subject n catch up with y'all later


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685974 -

Pastywhyte said:
The pub and OTD are almost the same place in my mind tbh.




:cantarguewiththat:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 2
    #29685977 -

I have a strong fondness for everybody here in this thread. Ladies and gents alike.

Fuck nazis.  ACAB


--------------------
:hippie::mushroom2:Take it easy. if it's easy. take it twice:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:sporedrop:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery:sporedrop:

**A LINK TO EVERTHING**


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29685979 -

BeefExtreme said:
Yyyyeah... solid point fresh although ive always kinda thought the hillary one was funny.  I dislike her and i dont really consider it offensive but still... solid point.



I can understand how one would find it offensive.

I could never find it nearly as offensive as her standing by her rapist husband as the first lady of Arkansas, for starters. Or her use of the term "superpredators" while advocating for draconian measures. And that, of course, is just the very beginning of a long list.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: callmehippie] * 1
    #29685982 -

Damn straight, Hippie.  Also, the Pub feels at least less cunty than OTD.  More shitposty than anything, but I might be missin some shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #29685983 -

Pastywhyte said:
hellofresh said:
Sometimes I wish I could remove stuff like this when searching for image reactions.

:happyhitler::pedobear::hitler::scottish::meatspace::dancinghitler::hitlerdance::nignored::bendoverrover::mattz::pedropussy::presidential::splooge::sheeplove:


Perhaps I'll appreciate it more when I'm old enough to retire.



Some of those I share your sentiments and others I don’t feel much about and a couple I’ve used myself and would be sad to see gone. I thought we used to have a SFW view or something that blocked out a lot of the undesirable content for individual users. At any rate I will always support a self censorship feature to help people avoid things they need to. But what is offensive is a sliding scale for everyone. My biggest issue with all of this isn’t that I care about bigots rights to be bigots, it’s at what precise line to we draw those distinctions. People will always debate that point but the devil is in the details. How do we decide which persons offence taken is to be the benchmark for these things? For sure the context in which a specific graem is used will contribute much to the message, I can see a lot of those being used in a manner that isn’t glorifying the subject. This is where the freedom of speech comes back into play.



Id say calling B traven a n*gger would be a decent place to draw the line...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29685986 -

bloodssonnew said:
I just wanted to question why no one's evin responded to me stating the illegal part of they're discrimination though yea I guess legality isn't a thought? 😂🙏

Imadrop the subject n catch up with y'all later



Hate speech is legal in the us unless its inciting violence. 

Therein is the issue.  How long do you let people like crackhead talk about hating muslims before and rile people up until someone goes on a shooting spree at a mosque?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* *DELETED* Cultivate 2,970 8 04/14/08 06:12 AM
by HerbBaker
* Newbie planning first cultivation. hX_ 775 6 05/31/08 04:48 PM
by Neobean
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8720 8721 )
saralove 5,226,561 174,404 10/05/26 02:06 PM
by THE MYCOSMITH
* Will Spawn bags work in butthole of america? Anonymous 1,978 16 06/03/03 12:26 AM
by Anonymous
* I've cultivated... zetek 904 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Dedicated To Agar 'Mushroom Cultivation' AND Links/Grow Logs/Other
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dumbfounded1600 49,128 60 09/16/10 04:41 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Hardcore Cultivator...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
OldSpice 51,946 342 04/29/08 10:29 PM
by just me
* Maturing as a Cultivator
( 1 2 3 4 all )
automanM 11,683 63 06/15/12 08:18 PM
by kenny

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
462,330 topic views. 19 members, 123 guests and 139 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.062 seconds spending 0.033 seconds on 16 queries.