Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 1
    #29685660 -

If OTD really is a place for unfettered area of free speech, why do they have MODs? I think I know the answer to that question.

They aren’t about free speech, they are about 10 or 15 people’s free speech. Anyone else who stumbles in is then trampled or simply silenced.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29685663 -

BeefExtreme said:
Fucking eh that. Yeah I was just thinking that like...

Why the fuck do they get total Dominion over otd?  This is absolutely just have their own section.. call it... i dunno

Raciscm and bigotry or just "the kids table" would work.



It's called the romper room, and they got out I don't know how they did it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29685667 -

So if I'm reading it right, OTD is a sacrificial annode


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 6
    #29685668 -

BeefExtreme said:
Try to articulate then.

To me its just a compramise because if it were me they'd all be perma'd.

It says if youre going to use our site that we work hard on as your bigot hidey-hole, at least help us pay the fuckin bills..



Its not my site and I'm not a supporter and I'm not some major contributor. Take this with a grain of salt.

Making that place a perk or a feature of the supporter tag becomes an endorsement of the behavior. Find another way to pay the bills.


--------------------
what i've been growing

Edited by arlo.arlo (10/04/26 01:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 1
    #29685669 -

AstroSporeFiend said:
If OTD really is a place for unfettered area of free speech, why do they have MODs? I think I know the answer to that question.

They aren’t about free speech, they are about 10 or 15 people’s free speech. Anyone else who stumbles in is then trampled or simply silenced.



:cantarguewiththat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29685670 -

“No kings, no gods, no masters. But wait, we need a MOD over here!”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: arlo.arlo] * 2
    #29685671 -

arlo.arlo said:
BeefExtreme said:
Try to articulate then.

To me its just a compramise because if it were me they'd all be perma'd.

It says if youre going to use our site that we work hard on as your bigot hidey-hole, at least help us pay the fuckin bills..



Its not my site and I'm not a supporter and I'm not some major contributor. Take this with a grain of salt.

Making that place a perk or a feature of the supporter tag becomes an endorsement of the behavior. Find another way to pay the bills.




I wont disagree with that.  Suppose i was trying to start a real
Discussion which ive done.

Also bud, youre totally a great contributor.  Always loved having you around. Dont be like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29685672 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
So if I'm reading it right, OTD is a sacrificial annode



It's supposed to be a Lawless place where anyone can be randomly punished for anything at any time. It even says that when you first get there and read the rules.

If somebody in charge of the OTD felt the way I do about all of these things that have been discussed.
Then cruel and unusual punishment would be able to be cast at them as well. Which I only think is fair.

It would bring that place into balance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 4
    #29685673 -

I've been on the internet long enough to expect people to come in a lot of varieties and personally i think most of them are not well intentioned. We could ban everyone that doesn't fit our exact idea of what constitutes a good person but it's possible we'll eventually find ourselves in a pretty small community. If you think OTD has worse people than those places like Facebook foster, I'm afraid I got some upsetting news for you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 7
    #29685675 -

Also the free speech angle feels kind of silly to me when I can go around calling other people the n word and harassing trans people but I can't say a vendor name


--------------------
what i've been growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #29685676 -

Pastywhyte said:
I've been on the internet long enough to expect people to come in a lot of varieties and personally i think most of them are not well intentioned. We could ban everyone that doesn't fit our exact idea of what constitutes a good person but it's possible we'll eventually find ourselves in a pretty small community. If you think OTD has worse people than those places like Facebook foster, I'm afraid I got some upsetting news for you.



We aren't debating that there are far worse places in the Internet.

On a mushroom cultivation board it is kind of astounding the level of racism that's allowed to just ride.
It is pretty quickly segregated to other topics of discussion.
Which is a really broad umbrella to try to hide all of the unmentionables and trash.
Doesn't it belong in its own place?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #29685677 -

Hearing Pastys and Lo-z's perspective kinda sums up my position. I would advise myself and any rational person to stay out of the slums of the shroomery (OTD) unless your looking for trouble, then thats on you gang, I prefer the civility of MC so much that its basically where most of my attention on these boards go

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: arlo.arlo] * 3
    #29685678 -

The vendor rule was to avoid incriminating the vendor. Apples to oranges. Also show me where someone is using the n word in board i moderate and I will remove them. I can only control what I can, no about to give myself Grey hair cause some mental deficients like to say bad words amd smoke cigarettes behind the woodshed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #29685679 -

Pastywhyte said:
The vendor rule was to avoid incriminating the vendor. Apples to oranges. Also show me where someone is using the n word in board i moderate and I will remove them. I can only control what I can, no about to give myself Grey hair cause some mental deficients like to say bad words amd smoke cigarettes behind the woodshed.



I agree. But why do they get a MOD at all?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend]
    #29685682 -

AstroSporeFiend said:
Pastywhyte said:
The vendor rule was to avoid incriminating the vendor. Apples to oranges. Also show me where someone is using the n word in board i moderate and I will remove them. I can only control what I can, no about to give myself Grey hair cause some mental deficients like to say bad words amd smoke cigarettes behind the woodshed.



I agree. But why do they get a MOD at all?



To torture people that post there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 1
    #29685684 -

I think they thought paw was the balance to enlil but that hasnt exactly worked

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29685685 -

BeefExtreme said:
Suppose i was trying to start a real
Discussion which ive done.





I'm glad you did because that place is the albatross around our necks.

Also its not lost on me that just about everyone who hangs out in mush cult is a good vibe. I appreciate the people here discussing it whether you agree or not


--------------------
what i've been growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 8
    #29685687 -

I look at society as a big old germination plate. I'll take the good positive healthy part and put it somewhere I can foster the good positive colony. Leave the old shit behind to do what it does.

I appreciate some people like authority to come in and dictate the order. But it's not really my jam, I have different ideas. They had to convince me to even accept the mod tag. I totally didn't want it at first.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 3
    #29685688 -

I don't understand how disavowing hate speech prevents you from having a userbase with diverse viewpoints. As if conservatives would be unable to function if they weren't allowed to screech slurs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: pinkpuddles]
    #29685690 -

:cantarguewiththat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1457 | 1458 | 1459 | 1460 | 1461 | 1462 | 1463 | 1464 | 1465 | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 |

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I've cultivated... zetek 904 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* alt.drugs.mushrooms.cultivation (good/bad idea) BikeCourier 7,155 9 10/26/21 06:04 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Hardcore Cultivator...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
OldSpice 51,946 342 04/29/08 10:29 PM
by just me
* Important - All Cultivators please read.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 43,964 103 05/31/05 03:35 AM
by Anno
* Psilocybin Azurescens Indoor Cultivation Experiment... doctor_kandee 3,232 2 02/22/05 04:37 PM
by doctor_kandee
* Post deleted by users_request
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
NuShroomPharmerII 28,102 85 06/04/01 04:53 PM
by MNmyc
* VOTE!! Outdoor Cultivation Forum w/Moe For Mod!!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
TM 25,045 73 04/13/10 01:30 AM
by jingus
* What is the most potent mushroom that you can cultivate?
( 1 2 all )
crakkattak 6,282 23 04/24/06 08:10 AM
by bongtoke

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
462,021 topic views. 13 members, 76 guests and 236 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.054 seconds spending 0.025 seconds on 16 queries.