Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 3
    #29532696 -

100% on all that ^^^ including them being slow on grain.  Had the same experience with aztecorum as well (lost my caerulorhiza culture somehoe before I could try bulk).  I put them the serbica in an area I cut wood in like 800sq ft and it took the whole thing over before cyans could rip through a 25x2 ft area.  They seemed to like the 45-65f temps a lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: alaskappalachian] * 5
    #29534328 -

I can send your caeruleorhiza culture right back if you want. :smile:



On topic, got a few nice plates of serbica Brno now. Presumably too late for fruits this year but maybe I can at least get a couple of pots or a north facing wood chip patch established, if I can only focus for a bit. :uhoh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread *DELETED* [Re: Bra]
    #29535777 -

Post deleted by silvrteacher

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: silvrteacher] * 2
    #29536437 -

silvrteacher said:
Hi, new to this site. I've tried to search an official id guide for serbica to no avail. As i am in Romania, there are very few active species here with P. serbica being one of them. Is there a good resource for identifying this species? Thanks.



Just in the first post in the thread you have a link to download a book.
There is a lot of info you may need to identify them.
Before eating make sure you eat exactly that species and use an ID section of the Shroomery forum.
I've posted the links to this section in the first post too.
Good luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: Bra] * 3
    #29539257 -

It took a bit because my smash wedge was dry when it got to me, but the 3 transfers I did all took to the agar, lets see those plates fully colonize.  I probably won't have a flush this year but I am excited to establish a patch in the yard.  Time to climb out of the world of tubs and work with mother earth herself!


--------------------
Yeah it's fun, but have you ever tried it high?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: hidingbush] * 1
    #29539958 -

My Serbica woodchip I sterilised and dropped into my agar plate completely colonised with mycelium.

I've since transfered it to a half quart jar of sterilised soaked woodchip. It's been 6 days and they are not as fast at colonizing as my pan cyans. None of my woodlovers are. I don't think much is.

Knowing that I'm still impatient and want a fullu colonised jar instantly haha.

I'll send pictures once it starts to take off


--------------------
I eat a few.  should be real tender.  Its tasty.  No starchiness or crunchiness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread *DELETED* [Re: Bra] * 1
    #29543198 -

Post deleted by silvrteacher

Reason for deletion: .


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: silvrteacher] * 1
    #29544255 -

Took some transfers last night, im hoping for a clean culture. It looked very aggressive and I was able to make 3 transfers.


By the way keeping them in the 45-65 degrees F range is perfect. It grew slowly when warmer.


--------------------
Yeah it's fun, but have you ever tried it high?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: hidingbush] * 5
    #29567918 -

Spawn day! Well some of it. I made a couple planters, layering fresh chips and colonized woodchip spawn.

I still have another dozen bags that need another week to finish up. Cheers!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: Blopblop]
    #29609804 -

.

Edited by Aeruginascin (07/02/26 03:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: Aeruginascin] * 5
    #29614279 -

Psilocybe serbica "Brno"

This culture was given to me by Phaethon; thanks again Phaethon.

Phaethon said:
"multispore from a wild mushroom Bra found in Brno and swabbed"



I am assuming the culture came from this acquisition by bra: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29403252

Good job, bra. and thanks for sharing with the community.




4/5/2026  - Agar to grain: 4 quart jars


5/11/2026  - Grain to sterilized wood chips
I remembered reading that Psilocybe serbica likes oak, and I conveniently got pure white oak (Quercus garryana) wood chips, so I hydrated some and bagged them and pressure cooked them.

6/14/2026 - Spawned outdoors to wood chips




Then I mixed that wood chip spawn with more white oak wood chips from a different, fresher batch.  notice the rounded leaf lobes indicative of white oak

so this substrate is 100% oak, except for the grain spawn and agar wedge

This patch was made with a 1:2 ratio of spawn to raw wood chips (specifically 2 bags of wood chip spawn, with 4 bags of wood chips, plus a top dressing)


and then I couldn't resist putting some moss back.



This patch was made with a 1:1:.5 [spawn:substrate:top dressing ratio], (so, 1 bag of wood chip spawn was mixed with 1 bag of raw wood chips and spread on the earth, then 1/2-bag of raw wood chips were sprinkled on top to cover some spawn.  1 bag is roughly 2-gallons, here)

Clearly there is trichoderma in this bag, which is why I chose to spawn at a 1:1 ratio here, but it looks like healthy spawn

They were placed side-by-side

Edited by Generic (07/01/26 06:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: Generic]
    #29629816 -

.

Edited by Aeruginascin (08/05/26 08:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Psilocybe serbica thread [Re: Aeruginascin] * 3
    #29646556 -

Here is an update of my Ps. serbica project.
My flower pots full of colonized woodchips got contaminated by a yellow mold.
I kept them in my garage so i think there was not enough fresh air exchange.
The good news is that some more grain jars are almost ready to be spawned to woodchips and further jars have been inoculated with agar wedges on July, 26th.
Both cultures (Pardubice and Brno) keep growing on agar.
My plan is to make some vials next week to save the genetics for long term.

Pardubice on agar:



Brno on agar:



Pardubice jars:



Pardubice and Brno jars:



Bra also sent me some hot pepper seeds. The plants are doing well in the garden:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 81,795 1,769 10/05/26 12:13 PM
by langten69
* The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 806 807 )
Hillbillyjohn 630,026 16,124 10/03/26 09:10 AM
by Guerrilla
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2162 2163 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,308,139 43,246 10/05/26 06:29 PM
by Lo-Z
* The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Huskies 5,006 140 09/16/26 10:51 AM
by Huskies
* The Official Woodlovers Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 931 932 )
TheDuder 625,835 18,632 10/04/26 08:09 PM
by bloodssonnew
* Genesis of the PF Redspore Psilocybe motamanM 7,836 16 12/05/03 08:59 AM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe graveolens berto23 4,257 2 06/19/08 03:23 PM
by caliche
* Panaeolus cyanescens vs Psilocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 3 all )
JazzMatazz 60,463 43 11/25/14 05:30 PM
by 707godheadcymaster

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
3,130 topic views. 23 members, 97 guests and 241 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.