Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF * 6
    #29616061 -

This is the grow continuation of the Learning BRF cake Log

Teks   

Agar recipe
10g agar
7g LME
2g nutritional yeast
2g charcoal

This log will venture with a failed BRF attempt. Made the cakes too dry. Do not have anymore SNAPE genetics and need a challenge.



Let’s get some mycelium and see what we can do!

7/7

I’m pretty happy actually. I got stuff to use. Mind you I’ll grab three from each plate and do a 3 way run off, but we have promise.





7/13

This is the T1 transfer and I couldn’t be happier!!

I think the T2 might be all I needed! Happy I turned this grow around!!



7/22

Prepping grains cause this appears fine even with the black light test. Have another plate growing out as well



7/25

This other plate seems well enough. Will take a transfer but also dropping this fella.



8/4

1st SNAPE on grain is moving along. I did a BnS like 5 days after grains. I think that’s a habit I’m personally going to stop. Feels slower.



8/10

48 hours after 2nd BnS. Should be ready for dirt by weekend!!



8/18

Dropping to bulk today



8/24

14 days in and nothing. But using snipes tek. Lost one grain jar so probably going to be slower for sure. Time will tell.



9/7

Well, it’s showing progression. Just a slow ass tub apparently. As long as the end product is solid then it works.

More or less just posting to show the log still is going.


Edited by Splittinghairs (09/07/26 04:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29616066 -

:popcorn:


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Rasmodius] * 3
    #29619418 -

7/7

I’m pretty happy actually. I got stuff to use. Mind you I’ll grab three from each plate and do a 3 way run off, but we have promise.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29625891 -

7/13

This is the T1 transfer and I couldn’t be happier!!

I think the T2 might be all I needed! Happy I turned this grow around!!


Edited by Splittinghairs (07/16/26 06:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29630263 -

7/22

Prepping grains cause this appears fine even with the black light test. Have another plate growing out as well


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29630513 -

Yes, i saw this in the agar thread. Your work looks clean and you're off to an immaculate start from what I see.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #29630516 -

Nice dude.  This a great thread.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29630546 -

fiddle_head said:
Yes, i saw this in the agar thread. Your work looks clean and you're off to an immaculate start from what I see.



Thanks fiddles!! And welcome back!

BeefExtreme said:
Nice dude.  This a great thread.



Means a lot from you Beefy!!

I honestly wasn’t sure how this was all gonna turn out being a new skill to tackle. Seemed logical and figured give it all a go!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29632186 -

7/25

This other plate seems well enough. Will take a transfer but also dropping this fella.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29632194 -

i would


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #29640353 -

8/4

1st SNAPE on grain is moving along. I did a BnS like 5 days after grains. I think that’s a habit I’m personally going to stop. Feels slower.


Edited by Splittinghairs (08/04/26 08:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29644753 -

8/10

48 hours after 2nd BnS. Should be ready for dirt by weekend!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29650519 -

8/18

Dropping to bulk today


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29654405 -

8/24

14 days in and nothing. But using snipes tek. Lost one grain jar so probably going to be slower for sure. Time will tell.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs] * 1
    #29663238 -

9/7

Well, it’s showing progression. Just a slow ass tub apparently. As long as the end product is solid then it works.

More or less just posting to show the log still is going.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs] * 2
    #29663358 -

Thanks for sharing splittinghairs, I always look forward to you grow logs:smile::mushroom2:

:camping:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Agar Wedge] * 1
    #29663378 -

nice progress.:thumbup:


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Save the SNAPE. Failed BRF [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29663458 -

Hey, I'm reading this thread late, but I wanted to point out that this jar doesn't look 100% colonized to me, I would have left it at least 5 more days to be sure the mycelium could cover every grain (expecially the ones inside).
Maybe I am just paranoid! I'll follow along and hope the best for you 🙂
Splittinghairs said:
8/18

Dropping to bulk today





This is what I see: these areas doesn't look fully covered, I can also see the tips that in my opinion are still growing around some of those grains.


I may be wrog!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 3 failed grain attempts, please help :(
( 1 2 3 all )
RootedGrowth 6,720 42 03/07/05 09:58 AM
by scatmanrav
* What produces stronger, healthier mycelium? BRF or Rye Grain Gthirteens 2,491 9 01/15/03 06:54 AM
by FanaTEK
* BRF and/or Rye flour, lets talk about flour here! ask 776 2 11/23/03 12:28 PM
by ask
* an update about my poo and brf/millet/rye flour cakes Shnezbit 503 0 06/06/05 08:01 PM
by Shnezbit
* BRF(brown rice flower), A Waste of Time?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Peregrin_Took 39,022 115 12/20/04 10:44 AM
by MycoJunkie
* spawning verm/brf*UPDATE* JohnnyR 2,891 17 07/28/03 06:42 PM
by pussycontrol
* America, where do you get your BRF?
( 1 2 all )
BigBubba808 1,935 26 05/29/05 04:41 PM
by Miller
* Colonization continuous Fail WightCanadian 604 2 10/07/02 11:49 AM
by bowling-name

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
411 topic views. 13 members, 124 guests and 227 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.