Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWightCanadian
N!(V)|20D

Colonization continuous Fail
    #939701 - 10/07/02 01:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

k, i'll try to keep this as short as possible
first, i had a syringe which i believe was perfectly usable.
k, so i made 6 verm, and brf, (PC?) cakes, and sterized them for 1.5 hours in a pot with boiling water. that was roughly 5 weeks ago. i waited over night before inncul. them. i did so and placed them in a dark drawer with a heating pad a the lowest setting.
i let the cakes grow about 2 weeks, and saw that only one jar showed growth with was diong well until it stalled. and one more jar with 2 small growth spots.

i was getting sick of waiting and was out of syringes so i bought another.
i then made a substrate, bulk, which i put in five (6) bread loaf alluminum pans,
i followed the same steps about. sterized, waited over night b4 inccul. and actually made 9 inncul. points in EACH loaf pan, corners, sides, and one in the middle. its bee 2.5 weeks, and still no growth.
i eventually dumped all the cakes in my terran, uncollonized, and sprayed left over spores on it, i see minimal growth.
my Q is why wouldnt the inital cakes and loaf pan grow from the syringe??
i stuck pretty close to the recipe but modded it abit. i stayed within the bounds of cooking. got teh verm. wet, but not too wet, and put enough brf to coat all grainuals of verm.

another Q would be if i did mod the recipe, what ingrediant would cause the most damage?? too much brf? too much water maybe?? i dont think i put too much water tho :confused: :confused:

--------------------
For, even though the good Lord evidently gave me an extra helping of beauty, He did not want such a divine creation as I to turn to narcissism, so he had to make me as humble as I am beautiful

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Colonization continuous Fail [Re: WightCanadian]
    #939737 - 10/07/02 01:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

In reply to:

i stuck pretty close to the recipe

This is your problem. I suggest that you follow the PF Tek EXACTLY. Save the experimenting for later.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
Re: Colonization continuous Fail [Re: WightCanadian]
    #939757 - 10/07/02 01:49 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Probably too little brf, too much or too little water, etc. Stick to the ratios in the tek. You can modify ingredients (e.g. use quinoa flower in place of brf), but don't change the ratios.

Do you have a reliable means of measuring temperatures for your jars? It sounds like you might be getting them too hot (and possibly too dry) as a result of using that heating pad.

If your procedures are pretty sterile, and you stick to the tek, and incubate at an appropriate temperature and you still don't see any activity then it is time to start thinking about getting some new spores.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation