Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Mushroom tea * 2
    #12493602 - 05/02/10 01:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, i need a method of preparing shroom tea that works. When ever i eat shrooms whole, im always sick, but shroom tea in the past hasn't made me sick at all. My problem is, i can no longer prepare the tea properly. Either i get the water too hot, or not hot enough - either way, it's not having an effect on me.

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebardleyrichard
My Keyboard Got Damaged
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Mushroom tea [Re: Coheed88] * 1
    #12493625 - 05/02/10 01:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I just boil some water, probably about 24 ounces of it, and then take the pot off the stove, let stand for ~1 minute. Then put ground mush (dried of course) in a cup and pour the water over it. I let it stand for around 10 mintues, stirring occasionally. Then I pour the water into another cup with a coffee filter on top, it takes a shile for it all to drip through, but it has always worked for me.

Also, you can easily find this in a search

--------------------
I find myself yearning for clouds returning, all that the rain promises, and more...

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: bardleyrichard] * 1
    #12493807 - 05/02/10 01:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Do you think it matters if its grinded or not?

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

OfflineBoba JFET
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nebraska Flag
Re: Mushroom tea [Re: bardleyrichard] * 1
    #12493840 - 05/02/10 02:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Something that has worked well in the past for me was to grind dried mushrooms in a coffee grinder until it is a powder. Put that powder with some vitamin C (optional, and the kind that's a powder works best) in a small coffee filter and fold it shut, then staple it so you have a pouch. Now get some bottled tea. I've found that one bottle of a mint green tea and one bottle of a lemon ginger green tea is perfect - the mint masks the flavor, the lemon helps preserve, the ginger helps with nausea, and the green tea gives just a little boost without making things edgy. You can also use any flavor you like (probably skip black tea though, especially if you are sensitive to caffeine), and of course, there is no problem brewing your own, but let it cool completely!

So, you have some brewed tea which is cold, and your mushroom packet. Obviously, put that damn packet in the tea! Then stick that stuff in the fridge for at least a day, probably not more than two days.

To me, this is a good method that will pretty much guarantee that you will get almost all of the psilocybin out of the mushrooms, and that you will not destroy any significant amount of it in the process. Don't use boiling water, use vitamin C and some lemon.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #12493903 - 05/02/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Not possible to get the water too hot...but here's my tried and true method:

Small amount of cold water in a pan (few ozs per 100g) - the fresh shrooms will add their own water.

Small Large amount of citric acid in the water - this helps extracts psilocin and prevents oxidation.  I'm presently using 1 part citric acid to 50 parts shrooms (see last post in this thread).

Bring to boil on high heat while mashing shrooms up like mad and stirring constantly.  Boil just until entire contents are rolling boil, while stirring constantly.  Boiling longer doesn't do much for the intensity but it does make the tea taste worse. :frown:

Tip pan on side to collect shrooms/water in one place, cover with lid and let sit about 10 minutes.

Strain and serve - be sure to press juice out of shroom dregs (a fine strainer is best). :awecid:

Peace
-PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (02/04/12 09:41 PM)

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: Coheed88] * 1
    #12493921 - 05/02/10 02:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/18/10 09:27 PM)

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: oxalic32] * 2
    #12493956 - 05/02/10 02:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Most of you brew shroom tea in an INSANELY over complicated way. Oxalic is right, you really do only need to pour the water over the mushrooms then let them stew for ten minutes ish. All of this boiling the mushrooms, simmering the mushrooms, straining and extra ingrediants is bullshit, IMO. Just hot water and mushrooms will sort you out. :stoned:

--------------------
I M A B I R T H D A Y C A N D L E I N A C I R C L E O F B L A C K G I R LS

F A L L E N O F F T H E B A C K O F A G I A N T B I R D T H A T S B E E N C A R R Y I N G M E

F I N A L L Y I M F R E E F R O M A L L T H E W E I G H T I V E B E E N C A R R Y I N G

A T T H E B O T T O M O F A G I G A N T I C C R A T E R A N A R M C H A I R C A L L S T O Y O U

OfflineWonker
Stranger

#12493963 - 05/02/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The way I have done it is...

Chop up some dry shrooms pretty good, then I opened the tea bag and put the shrooms in there then tied it back up. 

Then I had some water that was boiling on the stove, I poured that water into a glass,leaving enough room to add ice later, let that cool for about 30 seconds then put the tea bag in there stirring and kinda squeezing it for about 20 min.

Then I add ice and enjoy :crazy2:

OfflineJabbawaya

#12493981 - 05/02/10 02:33 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Coheed88 said:
Hey guys, i need a method of preparing shroom tea that works. When ever i eat shrooms whole, im always sick, but shroom tea in the past hasn't made me sick at all. My problem is, i can no longer prepare the tea properly. Either i get the water too hot, or not hot enough - either way, it's not having an effect on me.

Grind up or chop up mushrooms very fine. Put mushroom bits in a cloth tea bag or emptied regular tea bag. Steep in hot water for a few minutes, squeeze bag, add honey for taste (really helps!), and drink! It comes on a lot faster as a liquid. :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineCynic
The Lizard King

Loc: Underwater Colony
Re: Mushroom tea [Re: PrimalSoup] * 1
    #12494051 - 05/02/10 02:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Not possible to get the water too hot...but here's my tried and true method:

Can't you destroy psilocybin at high heats?

Or is that at heats well above boiling water?

--------------------

(Shura's voice)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: PrimalSoup] * 20
    #12494141 - 05/02/10 03:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

TL;DR  I use a sharp knife and cutting board to chop em up.  Then I take a saucepan with a tiny bit of water and 2% citric acid crystals (by weight of fresh), toss the chunks in there, put it on the stove and start mashing until it hits a rolling boil for 1-1/2 or 2 minutes, let sit stewing in own juices 10 mins or so, press all the liquids out, cool and enjoy.  The waste will be pale shades of grey and the juice will be dark but not blue as all the psilocin is captured in solution. 

Gets something less than the wet weight of the shrooms in tea which is easy to toss down and potent as its ever gonna be. :awesomenod:

added that 6-29-21 because I wrote it somewhere else. :snoopyes:

Boiling does not degrade them.  People cook them on grills!  The temps you read for psilocybin degradation are for the crystalline form, when it's locked into solution the story is very different.

Besides, I've done this for freaking' ever tried all kinds of methods - this most definitely extracts the maximum actives from fresh 'shrooms. Don't forget the citric acid (or lemon juice) see this post1 part in 40-50 by fresh shroom weight is proven optimal (read on down the thread). 

Here's the dead-simple process for 275 gms fresh PES Hawaiian.  I used about 100 gms water.  (If brewing from dried shrooms you will want to START with boiling water like any tea, and experiment as to proportions.) 

It took longer to edit the pics and upload them than to do it. :shrug:  This will store in a one pint plastic bottle in the freezer indefinitely. The net yield in this case was 350cc, and I poured off 65cc for today's festivities (50gm fresh weight :what2:) - the rest is now freezing.

The picture titles are their explanations:

But to make it easy - chop 'em, mash em, boil em while stirring about a minute, steep 5-10 minutes, strain and enjoy.

:peace:PS

PS Hey look at this pic too - chopping 'em up gets better hydration I think and it's easy:

Also I find you can use less water, almost none if you want, 'cause the shrooms will start leaking water as soon as the cells break down...

PPS And don't go overboard on the citric acid - a little goes a long ways and too much tastes bad but doesn't improve the extraction.  A few gms will do for a brew like this.  Experiment!

PPPS On the suggestion of fungitarian, the following complilation from later on in this thread, collected for your easy perusal:

Quote:

I boil my tea anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute or so, and then seep for 5-10 minutes before straining.  Prolonged boiling IME doesn't extract actives any better but other stuff in the mushrooms starts breaking down and it adds a kind of evil taste to the tea (beyond the usual evil taste that is :lol:).

I've been experimenting recently with the absolute concentration of citric acid to mushroom weight in making tea, wondering if more was better, and I've found something interesting out - more is better.

On a series of trips last week I ramped up the concentration from about 1:70 to 1:60 the next day, and then to 1:50 (that is, 1g citric acid to 50g fresh shrooms, all from the same harvest) the last day.  Not only was there a noticeable increase in trip potency and length, the last two days were at maximum tolerance and the intensity increased on the final day, actually to one of the best trips ever.

OK, well, it seems to me that 1:50 by weight citric acid to fresh fruits is optimal.  I've tried 1:40 a couple times and didn't notice any more effect.  But I'll test it some more. :thumbup:

Anyway, at 1:40 I didn't get different results than 1:40 so far as I could tell.

So 1:40 is gonna be my standard moving forward.

1) The idea is to end up with the same amount of tea as the weight of the fresh shrooms was.  This seems to work the best and it makes it easy to measure the citric acid.  The "hard" part is figuring out how much water to add.  So...

2) You want just enough water so the pan isn't dry when you're heating them up.  As soon as you get close to boiling the shrooms will start releasing juice and it almost all gets into the tea, except for what's left over after you strain them out.  APPROXIMATELY - well, for 450 gms I would use ABOUT 200 gms, maybe a little less.  If the pan gets dry (which can happen 'cause the shrooms will suck some of it up if they're on the dry side) add more water.  You would add 1:50 citric acid by weight for the final tea, which since it's supposed to be the same weight as the fresh shrooms means 9 gm for 450.

3)  I keep it in the water until it reaches full boil, boil about 30 seconds, stirring constantly, and then steep anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.:thumbup:

5)  About 20 minutes per batch seems typical for me, including chopping up the shrooms, boiling, steeping, straining, and storing away for future enjoyment. :awesomenod:

:awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster::awecluster:

Meh, this IS the tea tek. :lol:

Update:  the paper by Gold that contains measurements of solubility of psilocin in acidic vs neutral water can be found here:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (06/29/21 04:44 PM)

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: PrimalSoup] * 2
    #12494300 - 05/02/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Oh nom nom nom.

How was the tea primal?

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: Coheed88] * 2
    #12505060 - 05/04/10 01:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Finest kind! Great biking and then a nature walk. :awecid:

Peace
-PS

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#14499041 - 05/23/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

epic bump.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinebongo
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: Mushroom tea [Re: k00laid] * 1
    #14499510 - 05/23/11 03:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

one cups of lukewarm water.
Tea Bags.
Sugar.
find a tea bag that you like best.
add a little honey gives much better taste:)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: k00laid] * 1
    #14501889 - 05/23/11 10:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

epic bump.

Several thousand thanks on that, glad to just find "the lost post" again and rescue it to my sig. :grin:

OfflineNo Cars Go
Psychedelic

#14503059 - 05/24/11 06:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Good to see a proven tea recipe, I may have to give it a try.

--------------------

Invisibleinnerview
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA/Sweden Flag
    #15099164 - 09/19/11 01:13 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:bump:  OLD THREAD... 

PrimalSoup...  I am new...  is this also true for Liberty Caps?  My guess is yes...

also, you didn't mention how long you boiled/simmered the tea...???

thanks for any help.

Offlineshroomhead101
Stranger

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: innerview] * 1
    #15099241 - 09/19/11 01:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

great thread. so does this method really take the nausea away?

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushroom tea [Re: innerview] * 3
    #15100321 - 09/19/11 10:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Does it take the nausea away?  It doesn't bring the nausea to the party.  The only way you could get it is to trip on a full stomach (never recommended).

How long to boil?  I boil about 1 minute once it gets bubbly with the pan lifted just over above the burner.  I steep for 5-20 minutes, doesn't seem to matter that much, just depends.  Put the lid on the pan to steep.

OK, is it true for LCs?  Been so long since I've found them (been so long since I've looked :lol:) but yes, it works for all strains I've ever brewed (Ps. cube, Ps. cyans, Ps. semi).  Years ago I made tea with pannies as well, same deal.  Don't know precisely the difference with citric acid in those cases, as that was before I knew about the pH factor.  The more psilocin the shrooms have the more effect the acid will have.  Cubes have good amounts of psilocin, IIRC semis and cyans are more towards the psilocybin side (why they take so well to drying, which is hard on the psilocin).

Hope that helps!

--------------------

Edited by PrimalSoup (09/19/11 12:46 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate