Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | 1510 | 1511 | 1512 | 1513 | 1514 | 1515 | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | 1521 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: divineverdance]
    #29334513 -

This Tek is solid, please give it a read when you have the chance.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21922023

Let us know if you have anymore questions :smile::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: divineverdance] * 3
    #29334707 -

divineverdance said:
tryin to  figure this agar stuff out , anyone help me understand? I'm retarded,,,



That's ok li'l tard, we'll help.

How I do agar:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27551422#27551422

General sterile tek:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21889950#21889950

Doing transfers to clean up mycelium on agar:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29095187#29095187

General shroom grow tek, at all stages;
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27646632

Good advice from that:

YOU DON'T NEED TO CLIMB THE WHOLE MOUNTAIN IN ONE DAY
There are 3 steps to bulk growing shrooms. They are:
1. Growing mycelium from spores on agar plates
2. Growing mycelium into bulk spawn on grain in jars (usually wide-mouth 1-quart mason jars)
3. Growing shrooms in tubs (start with shoebox-size plastic tubs, aka a "shoebox", not larger monotubs or bags)

You can learn each step and buy the things for it before learning / buying for the next part. No need to master it or purchase it all at once.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 3
    #29334720 -

Same batch of agar clones taken the same day (8 days ago ) but the rustywhyte x has taken over the plate ate the food coloring and knotted already lol




I was out of town for a week but before I left took a few transfers of some old plates and old plate pins to try salvage anything I could , I also knocked up grain from old ass lc which sat for around 6 months at room temp , so far everything worked out just fine other than a few spore plates I swiped but turns out I didn't need


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #29334756 -

You know what gen those RW are?


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29334767 -

Gen two


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #29334858 -

You mean like sense you got em, or did pasty give you early prints?


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29334866 -

Oh I thought you meant the cross itself, the rustywhyte I have no clue what gen it is


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #29335020 -


Thoughts on the yellow spot on this plate?  I have a good number of backups but wondering if folks would typically send it or not on this one.  Trying to find the right level of scrutiny for my agar with so I'm curious what the horde would do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Strong Belwas] * 3
    #29335105 -



could be nothing but, personally id do another transfer just to be safe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sloug]
    #29335365 -



I started growing again after many years and never tried agar before. I want to get into this hobby full on because it interests the shit out of me. I had a bunch of failed agar plates, probably 30+ in the last 3 months due to a bunch of fuck-ups. On the top above is the original plate hit with spore syringe weeks ago, on bottom is after 1 transfer. I THINK I am dealing with bad white mold issues in my old-ass leaky apartment building. Having some trouble differentiating between white mold and mycelium in certain plates/jars. Interestingly for the above plate transfer, I really fucked it up, forgot to cool my scalpel, then didn't get enough on the scalpel, the lid was then stuck on the new plate, the media on the scalpel was exposed to SAB air for like 30 seconds lol. I think it looks good (?), I might do another transfer. I'm very much a noob but have been reading so much.


--------------------

Edited by funkmastakush (09/05/25 12:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: funkmastakush]
    #29335372 -

I have some pastyplates that look fluffy like that. I shot some LC on them. To my amateur eye, everything looks ok.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Gilmour Hendrix]
    #29335387 -

Gilmour Hendrix said:
I have some pastyplates that look fluffy like that. I shot some LC on them. To my amateur eye, everything looks ok.





Yea man here is another plate that I'm quite certain is not mycelium but some kind of mold (need to identify what type). I tossed this plate a while ago and had other plates like it, as well as grain jars with weird fluffy white growth that just didn't look like mycelium or tomentose mycelium to me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: funkmastakush]
    #29335435 -

I think that one looks ok too. Maybe I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I sent some of my plates that looked like this to grain. They colonized in under 2 weeks. Spawning to bulk this weekend.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: funkmastakush] * 1
    #29335462 -

funkmastakush said:
Gilmour Hendrix said:
I have some pastyplates that look fluffy like that. I shot some LC on them. To my amateur eye, everything looks ok.





Yea man here is another plate that I'm quite certain is not mycelium but some kind of mold (need to identify what type). I tossed this plate a while ago and had other plates like it, as well as grain jars with weird fluffy white growth that just didn't look like mycelium or tomentose mycelium to me.



Thats a clear example of scalloping. Its a clear sign something is competing in that culture.  The first plate yoy posted looks great.


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tryptkaloids] * 1
    #29335557 -

Woah, I had to look up "scalloping" as I was unfamiliar with that term. Thanks for letting me know. I assumed based on the morphology that the culture was not mycelium... I ended up just tossing it, but prolly could've tried a transfer. There is so much information on this site, so much to learn!!! Can be overwhelming but fun and interesting nonetheless.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: funkmastakush]
    #29335597 -



--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 1
    #29335753 -



Here is a dish from my first agar attempt ever trying it with D3's Perfect transfers and agar TEK. I used a 2-year old spore syringe lol, all failed. Seems maybe to be trichoderma. And yes I did transfer some mainly to practice. immanoob


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: funkmastakush]
    #29335768 -

:horrified:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushboy]
    #29335996 -



i let my plates cool overnight open air in my living room

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sloug]
    #29336250 -

Nice
sloug said:


i let my plates cool overnight open air in my living room



Nice! What are your plans with them? Plan to use them soon? I'm an agar noob and have been dealing with alot of condensation in my plates despite pouring at <120 deg F.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | 1510 | 1511 | 1512 | 1513 | 1514 | 1515 | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | 1521 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,834 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,699 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,297 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,656 topic views. 19 members, 100 guests and 362 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.059 seconds spending 0.035 seconds on 18 queries.