Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | 1510 | 1511 | 1512 | 1513 | 1514 | 1515 | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29331925 -

i use a ball of polyfill to strain my agar. seems if i dont bring it to a simmer and strain, i always get the specks. i use malt syrup tho so that may be a factor

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sloug]
    #29331960 -

I am using dry lme. This time I used an electric kettle and a glass measuring cup. Poured the boiling water a little at a time over the ingredients all while whisking the tits off of it. Simmering might make it a little better but still have specks. I'll try PDA and see if I have the same issue. Thanks for the tip!


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Gilmour Hendrix]
    #29332100 -

Gilmour Hendrix said:
I am using dry lme. This time I used an electric kettle and a glass measuring cup. Poured the boiling water a little at a time over the ingredients all while whisking the tits off of it. Simmering might make it a little better but still have specks. I'll try PDA and see if I have the same issue. Thanks for the tip!



Have you tried D3s agar tek? That’s how I do it and never have specks

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26628234

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dynasty]
    #29332108 -

Thanks for the link! I forgot about this. Just need an immersion blender. Been meaning to buy one. Now I have a reason.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Gilmour Hendrix]
    #29332693 -

Hi

Picture 1:
at 12 o clock and in the middle of the plate are transfers of pink oyster wedges which are spreading. Surrounding them are tiny white/gray dots what do you think they are?

Picture 2:
at 9 o clock are two white dots that are shiitake mycelium starting to grow. Around the entirety of the rest of the plate are tiny black dots appearing. What are these tiny black dots?


Can't really seem to figure out what kind of contam they are so any help is appreciated ♥



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk]
    #29332714 -

Kloakk said:
sporethemedusrname said:
hi, im new to all this, do these like, look healthy?





Welcome, happy to see you here:awesomenod: Great to see you're doing agar from the get go.
Might just be the pictures, but it looks like there is some yellow/brown color on the transfer pieces. Could you take pictures of the underside of the plates?



aw, ty for the welcome! in fairness i did do a batch of PF tek last year to see if i had a taste for it lol, but now im starting with learning agar

i took some pictures from the back but i couldn't get anything very clear through the agar x.x



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sporethemedusrname]
    #29332718 -

sporethemedusrname said:
aw, ty for the welcome! in fairness i did do a batch of PF tek last year to see if i had a taste for it lol, but now im starting with learning agar

i took some pictures from the back but i couldn't get anything very clear through the agar x.x







That's awesome, I'll have to do some cakes eventually, just not got around to it yet :lol:

And the pictures are okay, if you get brighter back light you might get even better view of what's going on. What temperature are the plates sitting at? I ask because browning from the center could be several things, I've notice that heat stress and bacteria can do this, I'm sure there are other reasons I've not yet encountered as well :uhoh::lol:

I suggest doing a couple more transfers and if you feel up to it, put one transfer of each culture through a cabin or a trench.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29333086 -

I've been getting some crazy arial mycelium growth on my Hillbilly plates.



--------------------
:mushroomgrow: list of teks I find useful :mushroomgrow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SpaceDawg] * 2
    #29333095 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Whyterye]
    #29333489 -

First time cloning, got what looks to me like a clean clone of a nice fat rustywhyte fruit that top-fruited on some bacterial spawn from vendor LC. I know it's a bit too big a chunk of tissue but seems to have worked out..


Backlit..


Took a couple transfers a few days ago...




Backlit macro of one of the transfers.


Little hard to get my camera to focus cleanly on the backlit culture, but it seems clean? Are those T1 transfers decent growth for 7 days? I really want to grow a tub of these, they seem like a great pheno, aggressive and hearty. Appreciate any feedback!


--------------------
:blackspy:00010010
"When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery <-- This is the way.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Synack]
    #29333496 -

looks great so far. just let it grow out a bit more and you will be able to tell better if it needs another transfer. but it never hurts to go to t2 or 3 especially if ur new to agar/cloning. there are so many factors that to take into account for growth rate but 7 days for that amount is not uncommon at all.

great work!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29333575 -

Kloakk said:
That's awesome, I'll have to do some cakes eventually, just not got around to it yet :lol:

And the pictures are okay, if you get brighter back light you might get even better view of what's going on. What temperature are the plates sitting at? I ask because browning from the center could be several things, I've notice that heat stress and bacteria can do this, I'm sure there are other reasons I've not yet encountered as well :uhoh::lol:

I suggest doing a couple more transfers and if you feel up to it, put one transfer of each culture through a cabin or a trench.



i took a transfer from each plate like you suggested.

these plates should be living in like the high 60 to mid 70s, but they are near a window, so they might get warmer than i realized even if they're not getting be direct sunlight. the wedges that are the actual discolored part are from a batch of agar that accidentally came out weird, so maybe that part of it?

i tried doing a cabin on a different culture earlier that has some kind of yellow slime contamination, but i didn't realize i should store it on its side and it flooded and i worry that everyone drowned or the slime got out with the flood waters :/ live and learn i guess lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sporethemedusrname] * 1
    #29333587 -

sporethemedusrname said:
i took a transfer from each plate like you suggested.

these plates should be living in like the high 60 to mid 70s, but they are near a window, so they might get warmer than i realized even if they're not getting be direct sunlight. the wedges that are the actual discolored part are from a batch of agar that accidentally came out weird, so maybe that part of it?

i tried doing a cabin on a different culture earlier that has some kind of yellow slime contamination, but i didn't realize i should store it on its side and it flooded and i worry that everyone drowned or the slime got out with the flood waters :/ live and learn i guess lol




Temperature should be fine. I suppose it could be the agar, but I wouldn't bet on it, most likely stressed out mycelium that can be caused by different thing, but don't waste time on trying to find out, just yet.

See how these new transfers play out first :strokebeard: I would not have my cabin plates stores on it's side, that would just help bacteria get out of the cabin. And a little water pooling inside the cabin is normal for me as well, and that is another good reason to not store it sideways.

Storing plates on it's side has it's value because bacteria can't climb, but mycelium can, kind of counter productive with a cabin plate though. If you already have a normal plate with bacteria you could store the plate standing and the mycelium might climb high enough, away from the bacteria to get a clean transfer :awesomenod:

And it's not that your plates looked all that bad anyway, so maybe this transfer will do the trick, let us know how it turns out :rockon:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk]
    #29334015 -

Pan Peace River clone taken on 9/1.  I know it’s early but how’s it looking? Haven’t had any success  with Pans on agar before. I made a batch of water agar cause I think I read somewhere it’s good for clones. The fruit I cloned set in the fridge for 2 days before I could pour some plates. It’s only been 2 days, is this amount of growth normal?




Took the pics from the bottom, lid was a little foggy 😋

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: lostsoul1976]
    #29334029 -

tryin to  figure this agar stuff out , anyone help me understand? I'm retarded,,,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: divineverdance]
    #29334039 -

divineverdance said:
tryin to  figure this agar stuff out , anyone help me understand? I'm retarded,,,



What exactly are you looking to know?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sloug]
    #29334160 -

sloug said:
looks great so far. just let it grow out a bit more and you will be able to tell better if it needs another transfer. but it never hurts to go to t2 or 3 especially if ur new to agar/cloning. there are so many factors that to take into account for growth rate but 7 days for that amount is not uncommon at all.

great work!



Cool, thanks. I will definitely take further transfers. I don't know if I'm just OCD but I generally do 3 of anything. So I have 3 clone plates, 3 T1 plates, and if I decide to go to grain with one I'd still transfer off one of the others. I haven't gone to grain yet with anything less than a T3 transfer. Redundancy! On second thought, I might need medication.


--------------------
:blackspy:00010010
"When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery <-- This is the way.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Synack] * 2
    #29334221 -



Try to clean up the clone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Kloakk]
    #29334228 -

Kloakk said:
Temperature should be fine. I suppose it could be the agar, but I wouldn't bet on it, most likely stressed out mycelium that can be caused by different thing, but don't waste time on trying to find out, just yet.

See how these new transfers play out first :strokebeard: I would not have my cabin plates stores on it's side, that would just help bacteria get out of the cabin. And a little water pooling inside the cabin is normal for me as well, and that is another good reason to not store it sideways.

Storing plates on it's side has it's value because bacteria can't climb, but mycelium can, kind of counter productive with a cabin plate though. If you already have a normal plate with bacteria you could store the plate standing and the mycelium might climb high enough, away from the bacteria to get a clean transfer :awesomenod:

And it's not that your plates looked all that bad anyway, so maybe this transfer will do the trick, let us know how it turns out :rockon:



:o i've just been reflexively tilting all my wet plates worrying about standing water, ty for explaining all the subtleties about sideways plates and cabins!

i did that cabin mostly just for practice and cause i thought it sounded cool when i read about it and i got excited lol. so i wasn't really expecting it to work on this try and i kinda freaked out when it filled it water and i assumed it was toast. i'll definitely try putting what you explained about cabins into action next time i take transfers from my gross slimy cleaning practice culture!

i'm about to be out of town for a few days, so i'll see how everything has grown once i get back. ty again for explaining all this stuff to me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sporethemedusrname]
    #29334253 -

lostsoul1976 said:
Pan Peace River clone taken on 9/1.  I know it’s early but how’s it looking? Haven’t had any success  with Pans on agar before. I made a batch of water agar cause I think I read somewhere it’s good for clones. The fruit I cloned set in the fridge for 2 days before I could pour some plates. It’s only been 2 days, is this amount of growth normal?




Took the pics from the bottom, lid was a little foggy 😋



You're good, looks fine.

sporethemedusrname said:
:o i've just been reflexively tilting all my wet plates worrying about standing water, ty for explaining all the subtleties about sideways plates and cabins!

i did that cabin mostly just for practice and cause i thought it sounded cool when i read about it and i got excited lol. so i wasn't really expecting it to work on this try and i kinda freaked out when it filled it water and i assumed it was toast. i'll definitely try putting what you explained about cabins into action next time i take transfers from my gross slimy cleaning practice culture!

i'm about to be out of town for a few days, so i'll see how everything has grown once i get back. ty again for explaining all this stuff to me!



Yeah, I did a lot of cabins before I felt comfortable with it, practice makes masters so if you feel like doing more cabins go for it.

One thing about cabins and condensation/water inside the cabin. It took me a couple of looks before I realized that what I thought was a flooded cabin with just a little air pocket is actually the opposite, it's a little water inside the cabin, the same goes for your plate, just wanted to mention in case you didn't see it yourself, so your plate is not flooded at all.



--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1500 | 1501 | 1502 | 1503 | 1504 | 1505 | 1506 | 1507 | 1508 | 1509 | 1510 | 1511 | 1512 | 1513 | 1514 | 1515 | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 72 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 78 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,392 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,010 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,705 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,690 topic views. 11 members, 150 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.027 seconds on 16 queries.