Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | | Last >
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #28775403 -

Just acquired the Terry Farms/Gary Mills Morchella Rufobrunea culture
It will be expanded to 80 lbs of oat/peatmoss 50/50 and I might also do a batch of straight oats in the coming weeks, also might start a separate thread for it

Already I can see a visible difference in the mycelium on this dish versus what I’ve previously worked with in other rufobrunnea strains and other morels like esculenta, importuna, angusticeps etc



--------------------








Edited by 7Suns (05/15/24 10:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #28775684 -

Haha, dude, you didn't disprove anything by trying to grow Lepista, that turned out to be SRA. You never investigated the prescence of bacteria, just mad a huge assumption that you "discovered the holy grail". SRA are easy to grow, and not all that yummy.

Keep experimenting, but keep it real.


--------------------
We are all in this together.
Visit my site, forestfungi.com.au, let me know what you think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: worowa] * 1
    #28775770 -

Worowa, I sent you a pm so we can talk about your opinion and critique of my posts in a personal and civilized manner to avoid derailing the thread, hope that is a better format.


Thanks
    -7suns


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #28775935 -

Hey 7sun,
I will transfert some of my plates who looks like sclerotia next week.
Is standard LME agar plate ok or better to use another recipe for morel?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: GRETO]
    #28776226 -

GRETO said:
Hey 7sun,
I will transfert some of my plates who looks like sclerotia next week.
Is standard LME agar plate ok or better to use another recipe for morel?




LME is ok but not the preferred media, I believe it’s been demonstrated in multiple publications that PDA is the choice medium for most morel species

Post some pics of your plate
Also I don’t remember if you mentioned it before, what strain are you running?


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #28776462 -

PDA I note that thanks, I will do both and see what looks best.
I did post few page before my plate which I thinked hardly contaminated (used to the beautiful white mycelium of oyster mushrooms hahaha).
I let them growing longer and it is sure that there is some bacterial contam but there is also some little sclerotia. And my best candidate just give me really thin white myc with some sclerotia so this one looks really good.
I will take picture when I go back to my lab but here the pics of the collected morels

First found at the end of my garden near tree so could be mycorizal


Second one found on a gravel parking lot with no tree around at least at 50 meters


I will try outdoor culture this winter with the two, in my garden as the soil looks okay for them.
Maybe in a near future, I will also try to arrange a hydroponic tent as growroom in my mushsroom farm but it is not the first project on my list

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: GRETO] * 1
    #28776478 -

Gotcha yea that looks like importuna but without dna sequencing it’s just my guess, importuna is one of the strains known to be cultivated commercially so you should be good


Just made slants, LC’s, and dishes from the WC 833 rufobrunnea culture from penn state







Also I’m planning to do different test runs with this culture

I will test:

*inoculating grain and spawning it to pasteurized bulk substrates like manure and straw and casing with soil and then a second casing of mulch

*inoculating 50/50 (10 lb bags) of oats on the bottom and peat moss on the top and then casing with soil and mulch and top fruiting in the bag


*inoculating 50/50 (10 lb bags) of oats on the bottom and peat moss on the top, remove the sclerotia from the potting soil layer and then casing the sclerotia with soil and mulch in special trays with holes in the bottom


Edited by 7Suns (05/17/24 09:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns] * 1
    #28778071 -



24 hours after transfer


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #28779700 -

As requested, here
Are the photos of my plates :
First are all from tissues sample and 1rst strain found in my garden





And these a 2 spore print and one tissu sample from the second strain found on the parking lot :



Beside some bacterial contam on some plates. I can spot some sclerotia on every plates except the tissue sample from the 2nd strain.
I am waiting for sterile plate which should arrive on Tuesday.
And will try LME and PDA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: GRETO]
    #28779788 -

Definitely morel mycelium but it looks very sporadic, it might be worth trying to isolate it a bit more, or it could just be that its strain dependent, also  when I take tissue samples from wild collected samples I like to use antibiotic agar to initially clean them up before going to regular lme or pda


Here is the M. Rufobrunnea isolate, it’s very uniform and fast, this is only 2 days old



--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns] * 1
    #28780988 -

7Suns said:
GRETO said:
Hey 7sun,
I will transfert some of my plates who looks like sclerotia next week.
Is standard LME agar plate ok or better to use another recipe for morel?




LME is ok but not the preferred media, I believe it’s been demonstrated in multiple publications that PDA is the choice medium for most morel species

Post some pics of your plate
Also I don’t remember if you mentioned it before, what strain are you running?



I have had lots of success using sorghum as my nutrient source in my agar plates. Very fast and aggressive growth.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: dna24] * 2
    #28783657 -



Classic  esculenta correct?

Spores germinated overnight on mea.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Nichrome]
    #28784727 -

Yea looks like esculenta, I love how fast morels grow !


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #28789453 -

Rufo LC even looks different from your typical morel LC




--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #28789464 -

Very long strands there.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #28789590 -

Nichrome said:
Very long strands there.




Yea seems atypical for morel mycelium right?
This is the dna sequenced rufobrunnea used in Gary mills and terry farms facility so it is correct and not contaminated, very interesting right?


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns] * 1
    #28789781 -

I need to snap a pic of my esculenta germ plate. The spores germinated fast and the plate is fully colonized within a few days as expected but there is a really cool fluorescent bacteria that rode along with the spores. I want to capture the bacteria today (and the morel myc...). GOt a nice clone of the wild fruit too that needs some cleanup but that should be easy. Just some slow mold and bac along with that stuff. The morel is outrunning it very fast.

This is one I pulled off a wild C. militaris I found in NH last summer. Most likely Pseudomonas fluorescens from it's behavior and characteristics.


Under UV 365nm


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #28789782 -

7Suns said:
Nichrome said:
Very long strands there.




Yea seems atypical for morel mycelium right?
This is the dna sequenced rufobrunnea used in Gary mills and terry farms facility so it is correct and not contaminated, very interesting right?



how often do you swirl it?


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Nichrome]
    #28789931 -

Quote:


how often do you swirl it?



Once a day but that hasn’t stopped other morel strains from exploding in the same karo based LC recipe


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #28789933 -

yeah those are long strands for swirling once a day or so.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* morels and chanterelles to swap for maitake and hericum?
( 1 2 3 all )
ucsdmolpath 15,694 50 02/21/11 06:15 PM
by falcon
* Cultivated morels (outdoors only so far)
( 1 2 all )
WorkmanV 15,529 36 08/28/17 04:51 PM
by Mycolorado
* Morel spore syringe? Anonymous 3,537 15 04/25/03 07:40 PM
by DONOTDELETE
* Morel growing teks, substraights, pointers. Garret_Hill 12,031 9 04/02/02 06:17 PM
by Anonymous
* Growing Morels without cultures Chief_ 9,328 5 03/04/02 10:25 PM
by Azure
* What to do with morel spawn? Suntzu 3,032 4 05/19/01 05:19 PM
by Suntzu
* Runin? Morel AnnoA 5,283 9 06/23/01 12:41 AM
by Azure
* Some morel shots Suntzu 1,595 3 06/19/02 03:13 AM
by Suntzu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
277,678 topic views. 0 members, 8 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.