Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1083 | 1084 | 1085 | 1086 | 1087 | 1088 | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | 1096 | 1097 | 1098 | 1099 | 1100 | 1101 | 1102 | 1103 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 2
    #28366750 -

Chamo said:
Is this forum for open discussion? Or is this just for you and your buddies?



This thread is for posting photos of agar work and asking questions about agar. The last 9 pages of you sidetracking really has nothing to do with that.

Stipe was patient with you, to a point (you caught him in a good mood), but what you're asking him to post is advanced mycology. There's a section for that where people discuss it in detail. It's fine to bring up here but not to hijack the thread for 24 hours. 

The section to argue, brag, name call, and wave your dick around is called The Pub. That's actually encouraged there. It's a sandbox to pee in, in order to keep these grow threads on track. I suggest you take all of this there.

NO ONE is going to listen to you here, or take you seriously, until you post several good grow pix, over time. No one. Your gallery is one contammed agar plate, a few other agar plates, and zero shrooms.

I don't believe you've grown or taken shrooms, at least not enough to burn away some ego.

Edited by nektar61 (06/20/23 07:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Genome794] * 1
    #28366757 -

milkboy said:
Whats ur recipe an pc times



2% AA/LME 15-45mins at ~17-18psi. Boogers the same at 15mins or 45mins.

SirPsycho said:
Fair. I swear LME, and by extension LME solution, is like the stickiest substance known to man... and I work with polyurethane glues on a regular basis



The damn thing is sticky as shit even in powder form. I need to put down paper sheets every time I make agar or I find little bits of sticky stuff days later on my desk or the floor. Don't get me started when it clumps up on the spatula, the weighing boats, the funnels...


Genome794 said:
The hot break is coming from the malt extract...

Hot break is part of the protein chemistry that cause homebrew wort to boil over soon after the boils starts - if left unwatched. The first of several steps toward "bright beer".

The only way I can see you beating it is to boil the malt extract vigorously until the hot break forms. Stir it in until you are a little bored. Let it cool so that it will coagulate(trub) and collect at the bottom of the vessel. Pour the clear wort off into the media bottle...

My thought.

794



Yeah I've gotten similar advice to re-heat the solution, strain it out and re-pc it but that's a fuckload of menial work. At least with your idea it's only pced once since you boil the LME, strain then add agar and then PC (if I understood your method correctly).

Whatever I'll figure it why it's doing this eventually.
I mean if everybody else is getting crystal clear agar from the get go, I should be able to do it as well. What am I, some super retard or something?

I'll try the 15psi weight now although I have 0 expectations it will work. I even bet someone will come and say they cook theirs for 1h at 20psi and it comes out crystal clear.

I even raised the trivet so the water barely touches the bottle.

:mad2:

tholos said:
altford78 said:
milkboy said:
What is a hot break booger







milkboy said:
Whats ur recipe an pc times



:whathesaid:

I've never seen anything like that come out of the PC. I wonder if it is visually deceiving but it looks like there is SO much particulate

Is it coming out of the solution and depositing at the bottom? Because at first glance it looks like you used an ungodly amount of nutrients in your recipe, which I'm sure isn't the case



Yeah those are older bottles that had 4% LME. The bottles I took out of the PC today had 2% LME, so they had a bit less boogers. I don't have pics of the new bottles, imagine like half the boogers if that makes sense.


--------------------
Mold cultivator extraordinaire

I also dabble in bacteria

I'm also a retard sometimes

Edited by altford78 (06/20/23 08:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #28366759 -

I’ve taken sufficient to be able to think independently. “Because I said so” is a bullshit argument

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 2
    #28366762 -

Chamo said:
I’ve taken sufficient to be able to think independently. “Because I said so” is a bullshit argument



"Because I say so but have no photos" (you) is a bullshit argument.

"Because I have photos" is not a bullshit argument.

You're putting words in my mouth, too. Go back and read the first thing I said you were wrong about. You're changing what I said, doing a red herring / sockpuppet saying I disagreed about something else.
Pic tax, shrooms I grew, using agar. Got any?

Edited by nektar61 (06/20/23 08:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: altford78]
    #28366782 -



My money is on your LME being meant for sweet making or grossly out of spec for brewing.

Good luck. Hope you get back to the agar you like soon.

794

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Genome794] * 3
    #28366787 -

Quote:
The section to argue, brag, name call, and wave your dick around is called The Pub



I do love peeing in that sandbox


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 3
    #28366793 -

Smellyhobbit said:
Quote:
The section to argue, brag, name call, and wave your dick around is called The Pub



I do love peeing in that sandbox



At this point I think we can call it a piss box. The dilution of sand to piss has to be astronomical.


--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿


Help US help YOU TEK

2023 Dehydrator TEK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #28366794 -

I was just letting my ego hang out like you said

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 2
    #28366796 -



--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho] * 3
    #28366801 -

RIP Agar Envy thread, it was a good run, see you in another lifetime.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 2
    #28366802 -

Chamo said:
Okay, adios mamaguevo



Thank you for your continued display of immaturity and proving yourself unfit for this forum.

I have never been called a c*cks*cker in Spanish before. I find your avatar offensive as a "mamarracho" is a derogatory term toward women.

As you can see the guys who were interested in helping you are gone. I am just answering you to bait you more... In the hope that that ban someone mentioned earlier comes more swiftly...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28366804 -

Noooo I have no interest. I enjoy looking at all of your pictures. I’m not going to initiate a fanning/isolation war haha I don’t want to be banned.

It’s clear y’all don’t like me but I just want to say I have been smiling a lot. You guys are pretty funny.

I tested where the limit is here, I learned my lesson.

Just want to say, no hard feelings. I’m a sarcastic person

I’ll work on a little project related to our discussion and post pictures as I go.

Sorry for offending anyone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Genome794]
    #28366808 -

It’s only offensive if you want it to be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo]
    #28366811 -

But like what if we’d enjoy you to be banned? Think how happy you could make someone else ya know? It’s not just about you.


--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿


Help US help YOU TEK

2023 Dehydrator TEK

Edited by Screwup (06/20/23 08:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 2
    #28366812 -

Chamo said:
Sorry bud, I actually linked sources. The only sources here that anyone has is from their friends. If you think the only way to produce an isolate is mono-mono…I don’t know what to say




Again, this is not what I said. I said an isolate is not achieved via scalpel, loop, or biopsy. Isolates are achieved via serial dilution/microscopy, or dedikaryotization. I defined an isolate as a single dikaryotic strain, or a monosporic isolate, which is basically how you have been describing it when referring to the stability witnessed after multiple transfers.


A strain is a genetic variant or subtype of a microorganism. Secondary mycelium contains many individual subtype strains growing in close proximity but never intertwining. The hyphae can sense each other, they maintain some degree of minute separation measured in nanometers. The density of this growth, the scale of structure and separation makes macroscopic manipulation of individual strains impossible to separate or isolate. Rhizomorphs and "sectors" are corporate structures packed with a miriad of individual strains/subtypes, all of them microscopic.

The only way to separate neohaplont parents from the tangle of microscopic structures is by chemical dedikaryotization, or by production of protoplast in the lab; or by starting from monosporic isolates aided by microscopy and micromanipulators.


Like this:

https://www.singerinstruments.com/solution/sporeplay/

The information I've provided is not linked, it's read in books, manuals, and textbook on the topic of mycology and microbiology. If you want further verification, I suggest reading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap] * 1
    #28366816 -

Yes. This has already been stated. I think you are assuming that I don’t understand what you are saying. We are not going to agree. And that is fine.

You’re a cool guy, stipe. It must be the Canadian in you.

I prefer to just cede this victory to all of you. And I won’t hijack the thread again. I don’t agree with the way you guys do things but you have an established community here and I didn’t understand it until now.

I would rather just peacefully browse pictures and I’ll also contribute pictures when I have them.

Thank you for posting information stipe, I have been reading constantly.

Edited by Chamo (06/20/23 08:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 8
    #28366850 -

That ignore button can really clean up unwanted posts on threads. Bonus: the ones you don't ignore look like they are talking to no one and going crazy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bigworm] * 6
    #28366852 -

Bigworm said:
Bonus: the ones you don't ignore look like they are talking to no one and going crazy.



TBF it often feels like that even without ignoring anyone


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bigworm] * 1
    #28366856 -

Bigworm said:
That ignore button can really clean up unwanted posts on threads. Bonus: the ones you don't ignore look like they are talking to no one and going crazy.



:whathesaid:best shit ever especially in this thread, its so crazy to read with the ignore button


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bigworm] * 1
    #28366872 -

Bigworm said:
That ignore button can really clean up unwanted posts on threads. Bonus: the ones you don't ignore look like they are talking to no one and going crazy.



Chimo's list of people with him on ignore is growing.

Pic tax, meme I made about 2 years ago. Could just as easily say "reading the teks" instead of "flowhood." Both are pix of my actual plates, before and after flowhood and reading the teks. (I also take smaller transfers now, but still bigger than some people). Don't open this pic up and look full size if you're eating breakfast.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1083 | 1084 | 1085 | 1086 | 1087 | 1088 | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | 1096 | 1097 | 1098 | 1099 | 1100 | 1101 | 1102 | 1103 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,987 topic views. 8 members, 78 guests and 76 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.055 seconds spending 0.027 seconds on 18 queries.