Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1082 | 1083 | 1084 | 1085 | 1086 | 1087 | 1088 | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | 1096 | 1097 | 1098 | 1099 | 1100 | 1101 | 1102 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy]
    #28366656 -

The fuck happened here


--------------------
๐Ÿ…ƒ ๐Ÿ„ด ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ผ    ๐Ÿ„ฒ ๐Ÿ„ป ๐Ÿ„ธ ๐Ÿ„ฝ ๐Ÿ„ถ ๐Ÿ…† ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ฟ


Help US help YOU TEK

2023 Dehydrator TEK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy] * 1
    #28366657 -

milkboy said:
What is a hot break booger





--------------------
Mold cultivator extraordinaire

I also dabble in bacteria

I'm also a retard sometimes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: altford78]
    #28366663 -

Whats ur recipe an pc times

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho] * 1
    #28366668 -

SirPsycho said:
nektar61 said:
Super Sticky Liquid Culture



:jodie:



Might be a mis-remembering worth keeping. Super Sticky Liquid Culture is more fun than, and at least as accurately descriptive as, Semi-Solid Liquid Culture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #28366670 -

nektar61 said:
SirPsycho said:
nektar61 said:
Super Sticky Liquid Culture



:jodie:



Might be a mis-remembering worth keeping. Super Sticky Liquid Culture is more fun than, and at least as accurately descriptive as, Semi-Solid Liquid Culture.



Fair. I swear LME, and by extension LME solution, is like the stickiest substance known to man... and I work with polyurethane glues on a regular basis


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  ๐Ÿ…‘๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…ฃ๐Ÿ…ฃ๐Ÿ…›๐Ÿ…” ๐Ÿ…–๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Pandaskis] * 3
    #28366671 -

Pandaskis said:
Learnt a lot reading the last couple pages, thanks for the lecture Stipe. As much as I dislike Chamo's way of communicating and sheer stubbornness, I'm glad and appreciate that he started this discussion, cause i got to learn a lot today!



I genuinely enjoyed reading it - I actually quit my job and went to study medical science - totally influenced by the science I learned here at the shroomery. Thats the main reason i've been away from here for a while. We have a microbiology module and there were some terms there I've not covered so genuinely feel like I learnt something there.

Anyway, I finally got my pictures back, as this is the agar thread here are a couple of plates. They went in the fridge yesterday so a plates a bit misty.

PESA clone pulled out of storage



TOC plate pin clone



And since we're talking SSLC - I have some early days little pan cyan jelly fish on the go here ( theres 2 SSLC cubes going as well but no pics)



Nice to be back :awesomenod:


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smoothcat] * 1
    #28366680 -

Smoothcat said:
Pandaskis said:
Learnt a lot reading the last couple pages, thanks for the lecture Stipe. As much as I dislike Chamo's way of communicating and sheer stubbornness, I'm glad and appreciate that he started this discussion, cause i got to learn a lot today!



I genuinely enjoyed reading it - I actually quit my job and went to study medical science



Smoothcat: For a second I misread that as

I genuinely enjoyed reading it - I actually quit my job to read it.

Pic tax. Cube spores at 400x. Click, then right click to open in new tab, then click that to view full size. I need to take some more now that I have a better camera and some practice with focus stacking. Will do that with the x7x taller pheno ones I'm going to send out when F5 gets to F6 maybe.

Edited by nektar61 (06/20/23 06:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #28366683 -

Beautiful pic, nice job


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 3
    #28366688 -

Quote:
I genuinely enjoyed reading it - I actually quit my job to read it.



Now thats dedication

:hahathatsfunny:

nektar61 said:
SirPsycho said:
nektar61 said:
Super Sticky Liquid Culture



:jodie:



Might be a mis-remembering worth keeping. Super Sticky Liquid Culture is more fun than, and at least as accurately descriptive as, Semi-Solid Liquid Culture.



All this chat is making me semi-solid

:thatswhatshesaid::buzzaldrin:


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smoothcat] * 1
    #28366694 -

Smoothcat said:
Quote:
I genuinely enjoyed reading it - I actually quit my job to read it.



Now thats dedication....

All this chat is making me semi-solid




This discussion is good but it's not making me super sticky nor is it enough to quit my job.

Pic tax. Cube spores at 1000x with bacteria added. That's the stuff swarming around. They're vibrating around the spores and look like they're trying to eat them. Somewhere I have a video of this, I'll try to find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: altford78] * 1
    #28366715 -

The hot break is coming from the malt extract...

Hot break is part of the protein chemistry that cause homebrew wort to boil over soon after the boils starts - if left unwatched. The first of several steps toward "bright beer".

The only way I can see you beating it is to boil the malt extract vigorously until the hot break forms. Stir it in until you are a little bored. Let it cool so that it will coagulate(trub) and collect at the bottom of the vessel. Pour the clear wort off into the media bottle...

My thought.

794

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #28366717 -

That would be cool to see - how do spores react to staining? You'd probably get a better look at the bacteria at least with some stain


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #28366719 -

nektar61 said:
Pic tax. Cube spores at 1000x with bacteria added. That's the stuff swarming around. They're vibrating around the spores and look like they're trying to eat them. Somewhere I have a video of this, I'll try to find it.




Looks like two yeast cells bottom left.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #28366732 -

Sorry bud, I actually linked sources. The only sources here that anyone has is from their friends. If you think the only way to produce an isolate is mono-monoโ€ฆI donโ€™t know what to say

Who the hell are you? And what makes you so confident that you are correct?

You have no source other than โ€œthis is how we do itโ€.

Link me a scientific journal. Our absolutely anything except another thread on shroomery filled with opinions.

I think the same about you. An egotistical noob who just wants to pretend they know what they donโ€™t.

Link me a source on why you are correct.

Hell, I had a great conversation with stipe. He responded without being a condescending child. And I still disagree with him.

Maybe it works for your retarded buddies, but I donโ€™t believe someone just because they say โ€œbecause I said soโ€

My experience and my own eyes tell me you are wrong. Andโ€ฆyou know nothing about me.

You use the word โ€œstrainโ€ based on what people have told you here. You donโ€™t have any sources besides shroomery, and you want to give lectures?

I respect stipe a lot for being able to disagree without turning into a giant mob of group thinkers who get mad if they hear an echo in their chamber that is not their own.

If you actually want to have a productive conversation, and not be a patronizing douchebag, I really enjoy those conversations because regardless of who is correct there was a lot to be learned.

PS that plate looks awful

Edited by Chamo (06/20/23 07:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 5
    #28366736 -

Oh for f#@k sake.

Get over it already.

Post a pictures in your own thread. Talk about it there.

Good god man your ego is hanging out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Genome794] * 1
    #28366740 -

Genome794 said:
nektar61 said:
Pic tax. Cube spores at 1000x with bacteria added. That's the stuff swarming around. They're vibrating around the spores and look like they're trying to eat them. Somewhere I have a video of this, I'll try to find it.




Looks like two yeast cells bottom left.



It's micro drops of the oil that I used for the oil immersion to do 1000x. Putting it on your cover glass, it can get everywhere. Even if you don't think you got it on your sample, it can be on your sample.
---
Chamo said:
Who the hell are you? And what makes you so confident that you are correct? ....PS that plate looks awful



Chamo: The plate you say looks awful has been in a fridge for a long time, as I said. You said your fridge is full of cultures, post some photos.

As for your claim that you get "mono cultures" and "strains" with a scalpel, you're wrong, and you haven't shown anything you've grown. Pix mean more than links here.

You sound like a poseur. If you're not a poseur, post some pix backing up your vast experience. You say your experiments "took a long time", you must have photos. If you don't, what's your excuse? The pix on your gallery are some infected agar and some anemic shrooms.

Post some pix of your grows.....keeping in mind Google reverse image search will show if you just grabbed them somewhere.

Stipe proved you wrong, you agreed with him and asked for more info.

You're also close to getting perma-banned here, based on what I've seen happen on this forum in the past.

Edited by nektar61 (06/20/23 07:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Genome794]
    #28366742 -

Okay, adios mamaguevo :freewilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 2
    #28366744 -

Chamo said:
Okay, adios mamaguevo :freewilly:



There was another person who posted pictures only with filters like yours and it sucked ass then too.



The first plate pinned so fast and early. Itโ€™s a pin on a pin from a pin. Been meaning to transfer for like a week butโ€ฆgoddamn Iโ€™m a lazy POS


--------------------
๐Ÿ…ƒ ๐Ÿ„ด ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ผ    ๐Ÿ„ฒ ๐Ÿ„ป ๐Ÿ„ธ ๐Ÿ„ฝ ๐Ÿ„ถ ๐Ÿ…† ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ฟ


Help US help YOU TEK

2023 Dehydrator TEK

Edited by Screwup (06/20/23 07:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy] * 2
    #28366745 -

altford78 said:
milkboy said:
What is a hot break booger







milkboy said:
Whats ur recipe an pc times



:whathesaid:

I've never seen anything like that come out of the PC. I wonder if it is visually deceiving but it looks like there is SO much particulate

Is it coming out of the solution and depositing at the bottom? Because at first glance it looks like you used an ungodly amount of nutrients in your recipe, which I'm sure isn't the case

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #28366746 -

What are you talking about stipe proved me wrong

He literally ended up realizing what I was saying. No one else understood what I meant. But eventually he realized what I meant. Stipe and I do not disagree on that much. Only on the possibility of producing an isolate through transfers.

I know you look up to him and you just want a hero to win your battles for you so you can continue on feeling confident about your beliefs.

But stipe did not prove me wrong. We were saying similar ideas and eventually he understood what I meant.

You guys on the other hand are like his cheerleaders in the background, contributing nothing. Just cheering whenever your โ€œsideโ€ scores a point.

Is this forum for open discussion? Or is this just for you and your buddies?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1082 | 1083 | 1084 | 1085 | 1086 | 1087 | 1088 | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | 1096 | 1097 | 1098 | 1099 | 1100 | 1101 | 1102 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,988 topic views. 13 members, 62 guests and 117 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.017 seconds on 16 queries.