Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1000 | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: uninc4life2010] * 1
    #28212694 -


Okay, so this is 1/3 that came out and from what I underatand it looks good. But you never know. Can anyone tell me if it looks clean and good? I would like to make another transfer tomorrow ann any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm a total newbie. It's mexican spores and I would like to know if anyone can see any contamination or know how many more transfers I need?


--------------------
Understanding is enlightening, always be open to fresh input and diversity! Be a better man respect others as you would like to be respected.


"The greatest journey of exploration is to understand our own minds. #Exploration #Understanding #Mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Shromolo] * 1
    #28212729 -

Shromolo said:

Okay, so this is 1/3 that came out and from what I underatand it looks good. But you never know. Can anyone tell me if it looks clean and good? I would like to make another transfer tomorrow ann any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm a total newbie. It's mexican spores and I would like to know if anyone can see any contamination or know how many more transfers I need?



What do you mean by "this is 1/3 that came out"?  BTW, it's totally clean.  I would take a transfer from the 2 O' clock through the 4 O' Clock position or the 7 O' clock through the 12 O' Clock position.  Or both.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester]
    #28212734 -

Mycovester said:
Thank you. That's amazing.

Does it colonise the at the same speed as agar wedged into grain?



Depends on how much agar you use. Gram for gram it’s about the same speed as agar, maybe a bit slower since the pin has to revert to mycelium first.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: uninc4life2010] * 1
    #28212804 -

uninc4life2010 said:
How's this clone culture looking?  DAE rarely have to perform a second transfer to clean up agar plates?  I have about 10 T1 plates that came from a couple of clone cultures, and not a single one appears to have contams.




Looks ok, is that satellite @12oclock from dropped myc?


--------------------
You're conscious population 2 stardust
----------------------
Nothing matters so everything does :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cozmyc] * 1
    #28212864 -

cozmyc said:
uninc4life2010 said:
How's this clone culture looking?  DAE rarely have to perform a second transfer to clean up agar plates?  I have about 10 T1 plates that came from a couple of clone cultures, and not a single one appears to have contams.




Looks ok, is that satellite @12oclock from dropped myc?



It's like a blob of agar that formed in a little round mound.  It's def not a bacterial colony or a mycelial growth spot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: uninc4life2010] * 3
    #28213358 -

Enigma T1s this evening; took six T2s:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Seeker604]
    #28213455 -

Question.  How careful are you about getting iso onto your plate when transferring agar to agar?

I use quite a bit spraying my surfaces and hands and inside my SAB, I often wonder if a drop would kill a plate? 5 drops? Just the vapors? I guess i could test it but first I thought I'd ask if this is a common question here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DreadedFarms] * 1
    #28213458 -

It is not advisable to drip any amount of alcohol into any plate for any reason. Just let it vape off first. The vapors won't hurt anything.

Hope that helps.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: San Pedro Girl]
    #28213500 -

San Pedro Girl said:
Mycovester said:
Thank you. That's amazing.

Does it colonise the at the same speed as agar wedged into grain?



Depends on how much agar you use. Gram for gram it’s about the same speed as agar, maybe a bit slower since the pin has to revert to mycelium first.



Thank you so much


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 3
    #28213999 -



Oh lala!


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 1
    #28214089 -

.


--------------------
Everything in life is a trade-off.

All posts made by this account are purely satirical in nature.

Edited by Eugene Gesuale (03/12/23 07:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DreadedFarms]
    #28214100 -

DreadedFarms said:
Question.  How careful are you about getting iso onto your plate when transferring agar to agar?

I use quite a bit spraying my surfaces and hands and inside my SAB, I often wonder if a drop would kill a plate? 5 drops? Just the vapors? I guess i could test it but first I thought I'd ask if this is a common question here.



Well, considering the properties of isopropyl, I would definitely be careful to not get any on your agar or mycelium. I don't use an SAB, I work in front of a flow hood and I spray everything down before starting my transfers, but I allow the outsides of the petris, bags, scalpels, etc. to fully dry/evaporate before I expose any sterile cultures.

Hope that helps!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester]
    #28214123 -

Mycovester said:


Oh lala!



:bender:


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 1
    #28214311 -

Blurry photo of last week's plin clones to be transferred soon, and some rhizo jar x7x.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #28214355 -



This about 10 days along, cleaning up some messy spores.  Does this look good for keeping near the 12 to 3 o'clock? APE revert from an undisclosed supplier in Canada.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DreadedFarms] * 1
    #28214356 -

DreadedFarms said:


This about 10 days along, cleaning up some messy spores.  Does this look good for keeping near the 12 to 3 o'clock?



Yes. That edge looks good to transfer from.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 4
    #28216217 -

Here is the same agar plate two days apart.  I think it'll be ready to go to grain within the next 5-7 days.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: uninc4life2010] * 5
    #28217099 -

Melmac clone plate


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Whyterye] * 2
    #28217128 -

:idhitit:


--------------------
It takes guts to be
gentle and kind

Another way to live

Your ego is your nemesis.
Seek the truth tirelessly,
Even at the cost of your own sanity.
-fiddle_head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 1
    #28217532 -

Mycovester said:
Mycovester said:
https://64.media.tumblr.com/d657a4365f3e842042871ba119b7ed40/7f5679f3135e7655-c9/s2048x3072/cae3113cd06e4044f1b1a408c9170835afceae16.jpg

Beautiful contamination.

I wish I could say I planned this. I wish I knew how I managed it!

Mesmerising





I can post pics! Woopeeee

This is the plate I was trying to share.

I have no idea how I managed it.



That is gorgeous actually. It doesnt even look like mold. I hope you kept it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1000 | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,951 topic views. 17 members, 249 guests and 151 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.021 seconds on 16 queries.