Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 996 | 997 | 998 | 999 | 1000 | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dowodenum]
    #28203059 -

Thank y’all for the feedback. I’ll run some 500ml bottles next batch with a lot less worry about a mess awaiting my cleanup when I pop the lid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Southerner] * 5
    #28203342 -

Just got 11 transfers done of some Tampanensis.  Started from a few stone clones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: KeyMaker]
    #28203364 -

Hard to say. All three of those are looking pretty nice.
Edit: this was a response to Keymaker on the previous page. I should have quoted their post.

Edited by JW123 (02/24/23 11:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: KeyMaker]
    #28203365 -

KeyMaker said:


Which dish would you transfer from, and which section?



If you’re definitely set on only taking one transfer, top left around 12 o’clock


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #28203367 -

Yeah, like that. :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: JW123] * 1
    #28203368 -

JW123 said:
Yeah, like that. :lol:



I gotchu big dawg


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 4
    #28203879 -

Some over done Psilocybe Natalensis plates


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 3
    #28204494 -

Cloning some plins before they drop spores, need a new clone for experiment. This is 6 week old plates on modified water agar, between F4 and F5 of x7x tall pheno, starting side chain off the selecting project I'm doing.

Edited by nektar61 (02/25/23 06:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #28204534 -

.

Edited by Eugene Gesuale (03/12/23 08:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Eugene Gesuale]
    #28204563 -

Pretty blurry but from what I can tell the tat's a goner. Start again from spore on fresh agar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ChRnZN]
    #28204573 -

ChRnZN said:
Pretty blurry but from what I can tell the tat's a goner. Start again from spore on fresh agar.



I wiped it around the outside before placing in the center so I can take clean myc from near the glass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Eugene Gesuale] * 2
    #28204905 -

https://64.media.tumblr.com/d657a4365f3e842042871ba119b7ed40/7f5679f3135e7655-c9/s2048x3072/cae3113cd06e4044f1b1a408c9170835afceae16.jpg

Beautiful contamination.

I wish I could say I planned this. I wish I knew how I managed it!

Mesmerising


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester]
    #28204907 -

How long do I have to wait before I can post the images straight on here?


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 2
    #28205029 -

Mycovester said:
How long do I have to wait before I can post the images straight on here?




Depends on your criminal background. Unless it's a long picture there's a 3 day waiting period.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: NFLProof]
    #28205035 -

:minigun:


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: NFLProof]
    #28205276 -

NFLProof said:
Mycovester said:
How long do I have to wait before I can post the images straight on here?




Depends on your criminal background. Unless it's a long picture there's a 3 day waiting period.



Damn it.


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Eugene Gesuale] * 1
    #28206259 -

Adrenognome said:
ChRnZN said:
Pretty blurry but from what I can tell the tat's a goner. Start again from spore on fresh agar.



I wiped it around the outside before placing in the center so I can take clean myc from near the glass



IDK if I made it on time but this might be workable. Go ahead and start another is you got spores left.

On this one give it a day or 2 to outrun that bacteriaa bit and make yourself a sterile brf puck(just like a pf cake but flatter) & a syringe with some water in it. You're gonna do a Josex Poke with the syringe on the edge myc outside of bacteria if possible; then shoot a little water(will carry myc) onto the centre of the brf puck. For some reason most of the bacteria tends to run to bottom of puck with the water while the myc will mostly run the puck's surface. Once the myc's got maybe 1/2 way to edge you should be able to take a little from surface with scalpel or swab and transfer it to a fresh plate. This should get  you a much cleaner sample faster than just doing agar wedges.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LtLurker]
    #28206355 -

LtLurker said:
Adrenognome said:
ChRnZN said:
Pretty blurry but from what I can tell the tat's a goner. Start again from spore on fresh agar.



I wiped it around the outside before placing in the center so I can take clean myc from near the glass



IDK if I made it on time but this might be workable. Go ahead and start another is you got spores left.

On this one give it a day or 2 to outrun that bacteriaa bit and make yourself a sterile brf puck(just like a pf cake but flatter) & a syringe with some water in it. You're gonna do a Josex Poke with the syringe on the edge myc outside of bacteria if possible; then shoot a little water(will carry myc) onto the centre of the brf puck. For some reason most of the bacteria tends to run to bottom of puck with the water while the myc will mostly run the puck's surface. Once the myc's got maybe 1/2 way to edge you should be able to take a little from surface with scalpel or swab and transfer it to a fresh plate. This should get  you a much cleaner sample faster than just doing agar wedges.



Thank you.
Yes I am familiar with this technique, bot for now I was able to take what appeared to be clean myc from one of the satellite colonies I had around the outside.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 3
    #28206371 -

Mycovester said:
https://64.media.tumblr.com/d657a4365f3e842042871ba119b7ed40/7f5679f3135e7655-c9/s2048x3072/cae3113cd06e4044f1b1a408c9170835afceae16.jpg

Beautiful contamination.

I wish I could say I planned this. I wish I knew how I managed it!

Mesmerising





I can post pics! Woopeeee

This is the plate I was trying to share.

I have no idea how I managed it.


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester]
    #28206985 -

Hello everyone,

I have 6 T1 plates, now 16 days old.

Is it time for T2?  If so which plates should I do the transfers from?


Please excuse my shitty phone camera focus I tried to mitigate with additional images from the bottom.












Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 996 | 997 | 998 | 999 | 1000 | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,834 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,699 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,297 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,651 topic views. 13 members, 52 guests and 177 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.05 seconds spending 0.027 seconds on 18 queries.