Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 999 | 1000 | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: drVetker] * 1
    #28211572 -

drVetker said:
San Pedro Girl said:
drVetker said:
Thank you sir.
So transfering a pin would mean taking a piece of the "fruiting body" (I guess) and putting it to agar, right?
Or am I mixing up something here. I read in Mckenna's book about taking a piece of flesh from a fresh cap of a mushroom and transfering it to agar as means of getting only one specific "strain" of dikaryotic mycelium.

Is what you are talking about similar/same?



When you have a pinning agar plate, you can transfer that pin straight to another agar dish or just straight to grain. In a SAB, I just grab the pin with tweezers and toss it in a grain jar for use in a quick clone shoebox.



Ok, thank you,  so the plate pin will not rot in a grain jar?! It spreds myc?
I'm surprised. I would expect you had to be more careful and isolate subcutaneous tissue put that to agar and then transfer clean myc to grain. This is interesting.



Why try to isolate subcutaneous tissue on a tiny pin?  If the pin was grown on a clean agar plate and transferred to clean grain in a cleanish SAB, the entire thing is clean. It’s the same as knocking up grain with a piece of colonized agar.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: San Pedro Girl] * 4
    #28211659 -

Yeah clean plate pins make the world your oyster. I often just throw the whole thing in an lc broth...



--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #28211751 -

Only thing I don't like about plins is it doesn't give you an inclination to the characteristics. Could grow a tub of tiny string beans or fruits that won't cluster or hollow stems.


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: rumfor69] * 1
    #28211754 -

Indeed. They do not behave the same in a tub.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: rumfor69] * 3
    #28211756 -

My Lion's Mane tried to fruit outside of the agar plate!  Life finds a way, I guess.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: San Pedro Girl]
    #28211977 -

So I’ve got 24 deli cups at the ready to be nocc’d up within the next few days
what would you guys say is the average amount one spore print can inoculate?
(Gonna start with some GT)


--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
‱89g fresh subspectibilis tea‱
‱RapĂ©h Crafters‱
‱ Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banning‱

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Soloist] * 1
    #28211985 -

Soloist said:
So I’ve got 24 deli cups at the ready to be nocc’d up within the next few days
what would you guys say is the average amount one spore print can inoculate?
(Gonna start with some GT)



I don't know, but I would put it in the hundreds.  You can scrape a spore print many times with an inoculation loop.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: uninc4life2010]
    #28211986 -

:whathesaid:


--------------------
I am not crazy, I prefer the term mentally hillarious.

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture
Recognizing and dealing with contamination

🅃 🄮 🄰 đŸ„Œ    đŸ„Č đŸ„» 🄾 đŸ„œ đŸ„¶ 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Shrimps] * 3
    #28212288 -



Some PE on MEA.

4th transfer away from spores.

How are they looking, can anyone see any contams in here?

Do I need to do more transfers?

This is the furthest I have got toward isolating.


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 1
    #28212301 -

Mycovester said:


Some PE on MEA.

4th transfer away from spores.

How are they looking, can anyone see any contams in here?

Do I need to do more transfers?

This is the furthest I have got toward isolating.



Looks pretty damn good to me - nice work!  I say send it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 1
    #28212302 -

Mycovester said:


Some PE on MEA.

4th transfer away from spores.

How are they looking, can anyone see any contams in here?

Do I need to do more transfers?

This is the furthest I have got toward isolating.



Looks good. Everyone does it differently regarding how many transfers, etc. I’m lazy, so I do one transfer away from the spore plate (but I take multiple transfers from that spore plate to many more plates). If that grows out and looks clean, I let it pin and transfer one pin per grain jar and done.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 2
    #28212304 -

Mycovester said:


Some PE on MEA.

4th transfer away from spores.

How are they looking, can anyone see any contams in here?

Do I need to do more transfers?

This is the furthest I have got toward isolating.



Those are all healthy and can go to grain.

The point of agar is to get your cultures cleaned up prior to spawning. You don’t need to sector down to a monoculture; if you’re breeding or pheno hunting, you want as much genetic diversity as possible in the run. (Although each plate looks like a unique monoculture.)

You isolate clones from the multi spore run to get your monocultures. It’s faster and easier selecting clones; if you isolate to monocultures on agar you’re working blindly as far as knowing the phenotype that will result.

Just put them to grain once the culture covers the entire dish (will make for faster grain colonization, but you could send what’s there now).

🍄💙🍄

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Seeker604]
    #28212343 -

Thanks for the amazing feedback and comments guys!

Love this community. It's nice to be nice.


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Soloist]
    #28212408 -

Soloist said:
So I’ve got 24 deli cups at the ready to be nocc’d up within the next few days
what would you guys say is the average amount one spore print can inoculate?
(Gonna start with some GT)




Every speck is a new beginning. There is no averaging. All prints are different amounts of spores. Most GT's I've seen, a print might noc a few hundred plates if you want it too, or you could put the whole damn thing and 3 more in one dish.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 3
    #28212442 -


An interesting gift from a 5 quart Thai Pink Buffalo box. It started as a cap about the size of a dime. It didnt make a mess in the box, just got bigger and more wavey as the next flush came in.

Edit:
Sh!t wrong thread. Sorry people.

Edited by Genome794 (03/03/23 12:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: San Pedro Girl]
    #28212537 -

San Pedro Girl said:
Mycovester said:


Some PE on MEA.

4th transfer away from spores.

How are they looking, can anyone see any contams in here?

Do I need to do more transfers?

This is the furthest I have got toward isolating.



Looks good. Everyone does it differently regarding how many transfers, etc. I’m lazy, so I do one transfer away from the spore plate (but I take multiple transfers from that spore plate to many more plates). If that grows out and looks clean, I let it pin and transfer one pin per grain jar and done.



So you use a pin from an agar plate to inoculate a grain jar? Just one pin per jar?


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 2
    #28212570 -

Found an old condiment cup with KSSS culture on it, I transferred this from a clone back in May2022.  I forgot all about this, thought I'd lost all my Koh Samui genetics.


And we have life!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester]
    #28212578 -

Mycovester said:
San Pedro Girl said:
Mycovester said:


Some PE on MEA.

4th transfer away from spores.

How are they looking, can anyone see any contams in here?

Do I need to do more transfers?

This is the furthest I have got toward isolating.



Looks good. Everyone does it differently regarding how many transfers, etc. I’m lazy, so I do one transfer away from the spore plate (but I take multiple transfers from that spore plate to many more plates). If that grows out and looks clean, I let it pin and transfer one pin per grain jar and done.



So you use a pin from an agar plate to inoculate a grain jar? Just one pin per jar?



Yes, exactly.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: San Pedro Girl]
    #28212618 -

San Pedro Girl said:
Mycovester said:
San Pedro Girl said:
Mycovester said:


Some PE on MEA.

4th transfer away from spores.

How are they looking, can anyone see any contams in here?

Do I need to do more transfers?

This is the furthest I have got toward isolating.



Looks good. Everyone does it differently regarding how many transfers, etc. I’m lazy, so I do one transfer away from the spore plate (but I take multiple transfers from that spore plate to many more plates). If that grows out and looks clean, I let it pin and transfer one pin per grain jar and done.



So you use a pin from an agar plate to inoculate a grain jar? Just one pin per jar?



Yes, exactly.



Thank you. That's amazing.

Does it colonise the at the same speed as agar wedged into grain?


--------------------


I'm half pencil half mushroom.

It's great.

Edited by Mycovester (03/03/23 02:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycovester] * 2
    #28212675 -

How's this clone culture looking?  DAE rarely have to perform a second transfer to clean up agar plates?  I have about 10 T1 plates that came from a couple of clone cultures, and not a single one appears to have contams.

Edited by uninc4life2010 (03/03/23 03:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 999 | 1000 | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | 1004 | 1005 | 1006 | 1007 | 1008 | 1009 | 1010 | 1011 | 1012 | 1013 | 1014 | 1015 | 1016 | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,997 topic views. 13 members, 114 guests and 199 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.052 seconds spending 0.029 seconds on 18 queries.