Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 966 | 967 | 968 | 969 | 970 | 971 | 972 | 973 | 974 | 975 | 976 | 977 | 978 | 979 | 980 | 981 | 982 | 983 | 984 | 985 | 986 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: glick] * 2
    #28157686 -

glick said:
Thai Pink Buffalo (T5)

Here are some of the other plates as mentioned above.




The same culture on 60mm plates.



Do these look ready for grains?



The bottom plate from 6-12 o'clock look like all the same strain; with a few more vectors from 12-6. Again, if you're not looking to transfer down to a monoculture, those are healthy (and gorgeous) plates to me.  :smile:

Peace & Light,

Seeker604

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Seeker604]
    #28157770 -

Thank you.
They have been sent to grains.


--------------------
If you aren't happy with what you have now, how could you be any happier with more?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: BlueAndOrange] * 3
    #28157874 -

BlueAndOrange said:
I have a friend getting into cultivation. What are the leading No pour containers these days?




I use these for holy grail tek.
BENECREAT 20Pack PP Round Bead Storage Containers Cylinder Bead Containers Clear Storage Organizer Box 2x0.7 inch with Screw Lids for Eye Shadow, Powder, Beads, Jewelry and Small Items https://a.co/d/dV0wFUb

I just ordered these condiment cups and lids that are both pp5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195490045718

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 1
    #28158297 -

XtallX (x7x tall variant) flush 2, F4 going to F5, germ plates on modified water agar (water, agar, potato flakes, but no dextrose) plus T1s.

-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 2
    #28158313 -

Is there anything suspect on this plate?  It's clone tissue.  I am wondering if I can take 2-6 and 7-9 to grain.  It's my first clone to agar.



--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼  🄲🄻🄸🄽🄶🅆🅁🄰🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 2
    #28158324 -

Looks good to my eye


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 4
    #28158397 -

t2 EQ. I'm looking forward to these guys. These are from a spore syringe my friend found buried in a deep freeze. 😂 They were under other things dated 5 years ago, but we don't know how old they are. They germinated well and seem to be doing pretty good so far.


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Edited by Scemilope (01/26/23 01:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bigworm] * 1
    #28158399 -

Bigworm said:
BlueAndOrange said:
I have a friend getting into cultivation. What are the leading No pour containers these days?




I use these for holy grail tek.
BENECREAT 20Pack PP Round Bead Storage Containers Cylinder Bead Containers Clear Storage Organizer Box 2x0.7 inch with Screw Lids for Eye Shadow, Powder, Beads, Jewelry and Small Items https://a.co/d/dV0wFUb

I just ordered these condiment cups and lids that are both pp5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195490045718



there's also these 50 pp5 cups for $10 on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0795CHXPR?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

bought these but haven't used them yet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wishery] * 1
    #28158506 -

Got this weird growth on my makilla plate. Could this be due to a hidden contam? Maybe bacteria or something?



--------------------
I am not crazy, I prefer the term mentally hillarious.

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture
Recognizing and dealing with contamination

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bobgas] * 2
    #28158601 -

Bobgas said:
Is there anything suspect on this plate?  It's clone tissue.  I am wondering if I can take 2-6 and 7-9 to grain.  It's my first clone to agar.





The centre look like a vagina.

Nice.

:thumbsup:


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho] * 3
    #28158654 -



Got through this pour without spilling everything. Started at 119°f left them in a stack, but only the bottom 2 stayed clear? I really don't like these cheap glass dishes.

Does anybody use the nice pyrex brand ones? Does the beaded rim prevent the lid sliding around? Does it prevent condensation from going over the rim? And are 15mm or 20mm better for this work?


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: rumfor69] * 1
    #28158806 -

rumfor69 said:


Got through this pour without spilling everything. Started at 119°f left them in a stack, but only the bottom 2 stayed clear? I really don't like these cheap glass dishes.

Does anybody use the nice pyrex brand ones? Does the beaded rim prevent the lid sliding around? Does it prevent condensation from going over the rim? And are 15mm or 20mm better for this work?



I use 100mm x 15mm Pyrex and love them. I pour at 60°C and wrap with Parafilm. All stay clear except the top one in the stack, but that one clears up in a few days.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: San Pedro Girl]
    #28158865 -

San Pedro Girl said:
rumfor69 said:


Got through this pour without spilling everything. Started at 119°f left them in a stack, but only the bottom 2 stayed clear? I really don't like these cheap glass dishes.

Does anybody use the nice pyrex brand ones? Does the beaded rim prevent the lid sliding around? Does it prevent condensation from going over the rim? And are 15mm or 20mm better for this work?



I use 100mm x 15mm Pyrex and love them. I pour at 60°C and wrap with Parafilm. All stay clear except the top one in the stack, but that one clears up in a few days.



Cool thanks for the feedback. What's your experience with the other questions?


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: rumfor69] * 1
    #28158871 -

rumfor69 said:
San Pedro Girl said:
rumfor69 said:


Got through this pour without spilling everything. Started at 119°f left them in a stack, but only the bottom 2 stayed clear? I really don't like these cheap glass dishes.

Does anybody use the nice pyrex brand ones? Does the beaded rim prevent the lid sliding around? Does it prevent condensation from going over the rim? And are 15mm or 20mm better for this work?



I use 100mm x 15mm Pyrex and love them. I pour at 60°C and wrap with Parafilm. All stay clear except the top one in the stack, but that one clears up in a few days.



Cool thanks for the feedback. What's your experience with the other questions?



I’m not 100% sure what you meant on the other questions, but the lid doesn’t fit tight. I push it to one side before I wrap and it doesn’t move after wrapping. I don’t really have any condensate so no idea about that. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Shrimps] * 1
    #28158930 -

Shrimps said:
Got this weird growth on my makilla plate. Could this be due to a hidden contam? Maybe bacteria or something?





Can't say with certainty without a better quality of resolution, but looks like pin mold starting.

If you want to play it safe, transfer from between the 2-4 o'clock positions from the rippled mycelium. Those look like the best sectors to take from IMHO, and are also the furthest from the contamination area of the plate.

Peace & Light,

Seeker604

Edited by Seeker604 (01/26/23 07:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Seeker604] * 4
    #28158994 -

Every transfer cant always be contam free I guess, but im happy with 2 out of 3.


only 2nd transfer from a brf cake that wouldnt fruit, so I figured just to try to clean it up and grow it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bagger]
    #28159005 -

Nice, you have lots to work with there. Put that little dick off to the far right on a plate and grow that one out too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bajazly]
    #28159013 -

Already have some on grain from a earlier plate, that little peepee came from 2 months old plate so ill just let it be for now ^^


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: San Pedro Girl] * 1
    #28159248 -

San Pedro Girl said:
rumfor69 said:
Cool thanks for the feedback. What's your experience with the other questions?



I’m not 100% sure what you meant on the other questions, but the lid doesn’t fit tight. I push it to one side before I wrap and it doesn’t move after wrapping. I don’t really have any condensate so no idea about that. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.



That helps answer more. I appreciate it. Saw a German pyrex company claim the beaded glass edges keeps lids from sliding and helps condensation from going over the lip.


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Seeker604]
    #28159297 -

Seeker604 said:
Shrimps said:
Got this weird growth on my makilla plate. Could this be due to a hidden contam? Maybe bacteria or something?





Can't say with certainty without a better quality of resolution, but looks like pin mold starting.

If you want to play it safe, transfer from between the 2-4 o'clock positions from the rippled mycelium. Those look like the best sectors to take from IMHO, and are also the furthest from the contamination area of the plate.

Peace & Light,

Seeker604



Nice thanks mate, I did actually exactly that yesterday. I'm thinking of sending the rest to grain, to just see what comes out of that^^


--------------------
I am not crazy, I prefer the term mentally hillarious.

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture
Recognizing and dealing with contamination

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 966 | 967 | 968 | 969 | 970 | 971 | 972 | 973 | 974 | 975 | 976 | 977 | 978 | 979 | 980 | 981 | 982 | 983 | 984 | 985 | 986 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,833 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,517 topic views. 11 members, 53 guests and 152 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.022 seconds on 16 queries.