Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 774 | 775 | 776 | 777 | 778 | 779 | 780 | 781 | 782 | 783 | 784 | 785 | 786 | 787 | 788 | 789 | 790 | 791 | 792 | 793 | 794 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CowsPoopShrooms] * 2
    #27869068 -

CowsPoopShrooms said:
milkboy said:
I dont switch every transfer but just last week I had to make up some PDA for an APE culture that didnt seem to like my LME. Was growing super transparent and weak. Once I put it on PDA the mycelium started flourishing :mushroom2:



That's good to know and helpful I think to keeping the idea of switching nutes in mind.



Heres a good example of a culture that I knew was clean (theres some crap on the lid) but didnt like the LME despite other cultures doing fine on the same LME recipe.


And heres how it looked after going to PDA (not a perfect circle cause of where i cooled my blade)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #27869073 -

So speaking of grain water I have some that has been in fridge for about 2 weeks is it still ok for making agar or lc?  Should I just start with new water


--------------------
BEWARE OF PICK POCKETS AND LOOSE WOMEN!!
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke throughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE!"
Hunter S. Thompson
"I want to die peacefully like my grandfather in his sleep, not yelling and screaming like his passengers." Bob Monkhouse
" Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken!" Tyler Durden
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson
The noob forum
Crack Plates
Fastfreds media cookbook 60 agar/lc recipes
Water tub fruiting chamber Top layer/Pseudo casing Complete agar resource guide
Trusted teks and linksSEED "PETRI" TEK Vent ur PC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cozmyc]
    #27869131 -

culture behaving that way?

Edited by CowsPoopShrooms (10/14/22 05:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CowsPoopShrooms] * 2
    #27869184 -

Interesting growth pattern...no noticeable contamination, looks white and healthy.

is that normal though?




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nndmt] * 1
    #27869186 -

nndmt said:
Interesting growth pattern...no noticeable contamination, looks white and healthy.

is that normal though?







Wow, I love this growth, contam or no. Lol


--------------------
You're conscious population 2 stardust
----------------------
Nothing matters so everything does :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #27869192 -

Duuuuude I’m guessing it's healthy but also how cool is that growth.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #27869198 -

Smellyhobbit said:
Duuuuude I’m guessing it's healthy but also how cool is that growth.



cozmyc said:
Wow, I love this growth, contam or no. Lol



:lol: it is pretty cool I must admit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: wild_aussie]
    #27869262 -

wild_aussie said:
So speaking of grain water I have some that has been in fridge for about 2 weeks is it still ok for making agar or lc?  Should I just start with new water



I would use new water. If you wanna store grain water for more then around 2 days it should be frozen. In theory whatever bacteria is present would be sterilized but I wouldn't trust it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CowsPoopShrooms] * 1
    #27869263 -

CowsPoopShrooms said:
milkboy said:
CowsPoopShrooms said:
milkboy said:
I dont switch every transfer but just last week I had to make up some PDA for an APE culture that didnt seem to like my LME. Was growing super transparent and weak. Once I put it on PDA the mycelium started flourishing :mushroom2:



That's good to know and helpful I think to keeping the idea of switching nutes in mind.



Heres a good example of a culture that I knew was clean (theres some crap on the lid) but didnt like the LME despite other cultures doing fine on the same LME recipe.


And heres how it looked after going to PDA (not a perfect circle cause of where i cooled my blade)





You say "culture", but do you find any similarity from variety/strain to variety/strain? Or is it just that specific culture behaving that way? Hopethatmakessense. :grin:



I have had different cultures of the same variety prefer different nutrition. All I can say is it depends lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy]
    #27869268 -

:smokinacandycane:


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: rumfor69]
    #27869305 -

rumfor69 said:
nglsnv said:
Hello again everyone. Hope you are doing well.

Wanted to get a second opinion on how my transfers look.

I transferred two plate pins and they've taken off nicely, but they have some wispy growth along with them on top of the rhizo myc. Any thoughts about whether this is normal or if I should try to transfer again from the outer edges would be appreciated.





Those look great! I like the T3 one especially



Thanks rum :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nndmt]
    #27869340 -

nndmt said:
Interesting growth pattern...no noticeable contamination, looks white and healthy.

is that normal though?







Looks like what nichrome calls sectoring but I may be wrong
P.s. does millet soak water work the same as grain soak water for agar/lc?


--------------------
BEWARE OF PICK POCKETS AND LOOSE WOMEN!!
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke throughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE!"
Hunter S. Thompson
"I want to die peacefully like my grandfather in his sleep, not yelling and screaming like his passengers." Bob Monkhouse
" Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken!" Tyler Durden
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson
The noob forum
Crack Plates
Fastfreds media cookbook 60 agar/lc recipes
Water tub fruiting chamber Top layer/Pseudo casing Complete agar resource guide
Trusted teks and linksSEED "PETRI" TEK Vent ur PC

Edited by wild_aussie (07/19/22 06:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: wild_aussie] * 1
    #27869489 -

That’s not sectoring. This is the best example of sectoring I have. As you can tell there are many different mycelial characteristics on display



What’s happening on those plates is just thick rhizomorphs growing through some tomentose I’d imagine but with the backlight it’s hard to tell what’s really going on. I’d want to see what it looks like from the surface without a backlight before giving any real advice


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wall.E]
    #27869571 -

Thank you wall e for catching that I wasn't sure


--------------------
BEWARE OF PICK POCKETS AND LOOSE WOMEN!!
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke throughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE!"
Hunter S. Thompson
"I want to die peacefully like my grandfather in his sleep, not yelling and screaming like his passengers." Bob Monkhouse
" Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken!" Tyler Durden
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson
The noob forum
Crack Plates
Fastfreds media cookbook 60 agar/lc recipes
Water tub fruiting chamber Top layer/Pseudo casing Complete agar resource guide
Trusted teks and linksSEED "PETRI" TEK Vent ur PC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: wild_aussie] * 1
    #27869581 -

Yeah man, of course. We’re all just trying to better each other here


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nndmt]
    #27869603 -

nndmt said:
Interesting growth pattern...no noticeable contamination, looks white and healthy.

is that normal though?







Reminds me of a blood orange cut in half.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #27869820 -

Ready for LC?



I feel it's looking clean and even.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Padaone]
    #27869840 -

Looks uniform, organized, and probably clean
What number of transfer is it?


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: rumfor69] * 1
    #27869922 -

Not really relevant what transfer it is, just matters if the plates clean. Pics suck but plate seems fine, send it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: milkboy]
    #27869942 -

I poured 2nd time in this week and again got some dots, i can’t identify whats that..
Can it caused by bad mea or agar? It also makes thin white layer top of the surface





Edited by 0120 (07/20/22 07:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 774 | 775 | 776 | 777 | 778 | 779 | 780 | 781 | 782 | 783 | 784 | 785 | 786 | 787 | 788 | 789 | 790 | 791 | 792 | 793 | 794 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,002 topic views. 13 members, 49 guests and 102 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.017 seconds on 16 queries.