Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | 575 | 576 | 577 | 578 | 579 | 580 | 581 | 582 | 583 | 584 | 585 | 586 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: A.k.a]
    #27538527 -

Some wild enigma mycelium:

(It's not pink oysters)

And this Melmak


Hope you all are having a good night/day.

Edited by multifractal (11/11/21 10:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: multifractal] * 2
    #27538634 -

Some T3 originating from swab. Holy Grail containers.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: aurilien] * 1
    #27538714 -


Got a tall stack of these.:rockon:


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Failboat]
    #27538993 -

Just for show & tell, guess I'm still amped from pouring after a long absence.

11/7/21 So...plates again

    Line up plate arrows
    22 plates in foil oven sterilized, 400 F, 2 hrs
    “no problem with 375 for less than an hour. Sandman”
    Carry in shoeboxes to SAB
    Plates in the SAB wiped and ready
    Add some PP plates for masters
    Each plate stack on its own pedestal.
    Didn’t use a pedestal, meh.

11/11/21
    The plates sat in the SAB in foil a few daze...
    6g 1.3% Agar, 6g LME, 1g Yeast, 450ml Green
    simmer Agar & LME
    Made two, one Yeast, both GRN
    PC 20 min, burned my hand crossing over the PC taking the lid off.
    Cool down in a water bath is faster…

    Pour at 120F, don’t touch bottom edge of the cover, lift cover slowly
    Make two stacks so only 2 plates get top condensation.
    Actually paid attention to the arrows this time, pouring over the arrow.
    Put 2 ea. PPs on top off stacks of 11. I tink was no yeast agar.
    Threw a blanket over SAB to slow cool down
    No towel under raised grate
    A bit hard to tell which has yeast, used GRN for both D’Oh! But the
    yeast was so cloudy I made another batch w/out.


Edit: Oh man the blanket trick worked again! No condensation except a little
on the top two plates.


--------------------
:sporedrop: GLOSSARY  :sporedrop: ACROMYMS!   :sporedrop: GETTING STARTED :sporedrop:

Edited by Inthepit (11/13/21 05:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Inthepit] * 1
    #27539288 -



Plate pins and a weird ball thing


--------------------
I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.

While nothing is easier than to denounce the evil-doer, nothing is more difficult than to understand him. - Dostoyevsky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Beano]
    #27539295 -

gotta be a contamination to fruit before reaching the edge? It just gave up.


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sandman420]
    #27539310 -

Perhaps. Theyre from a culture that likes to pin pretty easily tho


--------------------
I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.

While nothing is easier than to denounce the evil-doer, nothing is more difficult than to understand him. - Dostoyevsky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Beano]
    #27539518 -

My first PE MS plate finally germinated after 12 days, and no noticeable contams yet. I’m very excited, as I assumed this syringe was non-viable, as it seemed light on spores and really slow to germ. That Ol’ Accipitridae vendor pulled through once again though. I love that guy. Cleanest MS syringes I have used. I don’t know if his cultivators grown in sterile conditions, or if his flow hood game is just on point, but I am impressed.



--------------------
Two eyes to look, One eye to see.
Prying open my third eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: MysticMycologist]
    #27539678 -

Gellan Gum was mentioned recently.

Gonna order some and test it out, I'm finding options for high acyl and low acyl but from this link showing a comparison of the two you can see low aycl does not melt.

https://www.gellangum.net/2019/01/high-acyl-vs-low-acyl-gellan-gum.html

I can't find much on the Shroomery so if anyone happens to have a recipe that'd be sweet.

One thread mentions "You need less of it ( I think about 2.5grams per liter )." which would potentially make it cheaper than Agar if not already by the gram.

Also open for any solid Potato Dex Yeast recipes. I've always been a MYA guy. Jus trying a bit of everything. Some charcoal plates too. Heard mixed things on both potato and charcoal but I wanna see for myself.

Also this be how I’m doing my parafilm from now on, god damn microtears begone




--------------------
Being pissed on does not make you a real man.

...OR DOES IT?

Edited by Guerrilla (11/11/21 07:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Guerrilla]
    #27539788 -

Tell me I've got *something* to work with here. I've been starting to take tissue samples from PF-Tek grows with hopes of cleaning them up and going to oats. I need to improve my labeling. In any case, I've got a few open days coming up to do myco work and am hoping that some of these are worth a transfer or two!

Is a clear silverish-looking sheen around the edge of growing myc bacteria? Trying to figure out what I have.

Thank you for taking a look!! :smile:



--------------------
Thanks to everyone for sharing what they know :smile:. 165F for 24hrs.

Better Holes Tek (Use a Step Drill Bit)
Don't forget your towel: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE SHROOMERY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: xVadisx]
    #27539833 -

I think you've got some things to work with but can't really tell from the far off pics. If you select the most promising dozen or so and take nice clear up close pics, I'll gladly tell you what I think of them.

The semi transparent ring you are speaking of is most probably fine. Far as I can tell, it shows up with certain cultures on certain agar mixes. If you're speaking of what I'm thinking of, I think it's just the myc reaching through the agar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: verum subsequentis] * 1
    #27539897 -



Grain candidates


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: The Fresh Prints] * 1
    #27539902 -

The Fresh Prints said:


Grain candidates




:awetongue: Lookin awesome! What is AR and m95? Looks great whatever it is lol.

I've got 1000ml of agar in the PC right now. Gonna be burnin the midnight oil to get a couple sleeves poured tonight. Fist PC run of my new cult season - feels good man!


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: xVadisx]
    #27539913 -

xVadisx said:
Tell me I've got *something* to work with here. I've been starting to take tissue samples from PF-Tek grows with hopes of cleaning them up and going to oats. I need to improve my labeling. In any case, I've got a few open days coming up to do myco work and am hoping that some of these are worth a transfer or two!

Is a clear silverish-looking sheen around the edge of growing myc bacteria? Trying to figure out what I have.

Thank you for taking a look!! :smile:





God damn xVadisx. I am green with envy. You have quite a library of vigorous looking plates. I want to do transfers on each and see some plate pins. I see dense canopies in your future.


--------------------
Two eyes to look, One eye to see.
Prying open my third eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: The Fresh Prints]
    #27539923 -

The Fresh Prints said:


Grain candidates



I approve of all those plates.
Good work, my friend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27539952 -

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
The Fresh Prints said:


Grain candidates




:awetongue: Lookin awesome! What is AR and m95? Looks great whatever it is lol.

I've got 1000ml of agar in the PC right now. Gonna be burnin the midnight oil to get a couple sleeves poured tonight. Fist PC run of my new cult season - feels good man!



AR is "Albino Riptide" (TAT fam, I believe) and the m95 is a melmak culture.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: The Fresh Prints]
    #27539980 -

Just got 34 plates poured. I'm very out of practice - hopefully these plates turn out alright and not covered in contaminations. I also hope my next sleeves go a lot better lol. I had 2 media bottles, they both somehow managed to burn my hand and gel up so I poured some clumpy plates.


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27540050 -

Thank you verum! I'll take some better pictures when I get back from dropping the wife at the airport :mushroom2:.

I have about 8 or so blank (blank? empty? non-inoculated?) MEA plates and am pouring 30 or so more to get ready for transfers! I'm still working through some MEA so will stick to that for now but am eventually looking forward to maybe some grain soak agar? I've read that it's a good thing to change up the medium on your cultures.

@bigfootscreepyuncl -- Ouch! The worst injury I've had from myco work yet is when I took the lid off a pressure cooker. It had naturally vented down to zero PSI. I took off the wobble weight, twirled the top, and when lifting it, a pocket of steam came out and my hand wasn't all that appreciative. I'm sure your next sleeves will go better!!! I hate sitting and starring at the temperature on my media bottle, but also kind of love it. Perfect opportunity to get really, really stoned.


--------------------
Thanks to everyone for sharing what they know :smile:. 165F for 24hrs.

Better Holes Tek (Use a Step Drill Bit)
Don't forget your towel: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE SHROOMERY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27540352 -

You can keep the bottles in a hot water bath to maintain temp. Cheap ones on amazon, or even just a pan of warm water helps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61]
    #27540362 -

nektar61 said:
You can keep the bottles in a hot water bath to maintain temp. Cheap ones on amazon, or even just a pan of warm water helps.



I put them in a pot of water to help them gradually cool down but I got distracted and they started gelling up on me. I poured one sleeve which went well, took the other bottle downstairs and microwaved it. Put it back in the pot of water to cool, poured hotter than usual to avoid more gel (which is how I burnt my fingers lol) but it ended up gelling back up on my last few plates :facepalm: As long as they aren't laden with contams I'll be alright. I just thought it was a funny experience, like my first time all over again! I've poured hundreds and hundreds of plates and last night reminded me of my first time using an old rum bottle to pour from :lol: I guess it is my fault though - I poured the two sleeves at 1am so I wasn't all there.

I'll attach some pictures of the T-1s I'm going to be transferring from later today to keep the thread back on track.


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | 575 | 576 | 577 | 578 | 579 | 580 | 581 | 582 | 583 | 584 | 585 | 586 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 70 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 73 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,838 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,391 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,007 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,703 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,325 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,939 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,246 topic views. 22 members, 237 guests and 363 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.017 seconds on 16 queries.