Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: elpico]
    #27229250 -

:excellent:
Excellent!


--------------------
My Trade Lists

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: mycorry]
    #27229555 -

That’s a lot of agar projects going CE1 !
That Caerulescens Alabama is looking good was it hard to get a good myc culture going? I’ve been struggling to get a good culture on my Georgia variety for 6months.


--------------------
"What is the practical application of a million universes?" -Alan Watts
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: elpico]
    #27229708 -

elpico said:
Hot damn, that's quite a lineup there.  Looking forward to seeing the progress of these.  Is "zapotecorum Australia" the undescribed species in section Zapotecorum?



Yeah it would be...
I think only Heyowana and bobwastaken have ever found the undetermined sect. zapotecorum in Australia...


--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #27230774 -

Anyone got knowledge of what humidity pseudoaztecorum wants? Didn't like it cube dry, that's for sure.



--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #27230860 -

That looks more like a bacterial issue than being too dry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 1
    #27230967 -

That is definitely Pseudomonas eating the cap

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27231069 -

Bets that it will drop spores?
Poor thing


--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #27231070 -

Pseudomonas on pseudoaztecorum...
:ilold:


--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: RogerTheRetard] * 1
    #27231091 -

/Legend

You may almost say.. pseudo grower


--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Edited by smalltalk_canceled (02/28/21 06:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: smalltalk_canceled] * 2
    #27231107 -

Pseudo scientist grows Pseudomonas on pseudoaztecorum...


--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #27231142 -

Does anyone know where pseudomonas comes from or how to battle it. I would think not using tap water or not misting caps directly or better FAE might be good but I seem to be as carful as I can and still end up with it consistently. I know but 5 gallons of distilled water and use only that but it's just such a task. Wondering if anyone else has found anything that may help.


--------------------


To spend just one moment in eternity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Celestialexplorer1] * 1
    #27231317 -

Kizzle said:
Pseudomonas
Odors: Rot, Fruity
Sources: Lime, Peat moss

Pseudomonas contains many bacteria which are harmless or even beneficial to the fruit bodies and small amounts are naturally present on the mushroom surface. Problems arise when water is in contact with the fruit body for prolonged periods of time, usually from condensation, misting, or soaking. Large amounts of the bacteria can produce enough enzymes to degrade the cell walls of the mushroom. Symptoms are often superficial with minor brown spotting that do not affect the taste, texture, or odor of the mushroom. If the wet conditions persist they can progress to larger brown slimy patches and grooves and can even lead to degradation of large parts of the cap.

Since the bacteria is naturally present, prevention depends on providing adequate air exchange to allow moisture droplets to evaporate quickly. Slimy pins should be removed, especially before misting since the splash can spread large amounts of the bacteria which accelerates the process on the other fruit bodies.




Known contaminant species include:
P. tolaasii, primary agent of bacterial blotching




Quoted from this post

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #27250154 -

Hey folks,


This weekend I'm spawning some semilanceata to an indoor/outdoor flower pot.

Planning a base of jiffy seedstarter (peat, coco, verm, wetting agent in my area) followed by a layer of coir, then my grains, then more coir.

I will use a cover crop to fight my absent-mindedness.

Two options for the cover crop are grass or white clover.

I am leaning clover bc it fixes nitrogen, and from my research it sounds like semis disappear after the soil get used up.

I plan to fertilize with a little Gaia Green 4-4-4 and maybe some poo or castings mid summer depending on how the cover crop looks.



Any input on clover? I've not seen it used before, nor have I seen finds in clover patches. Im hunchin here.

Many thanks!:grin: Been hoping and wishing for a taste of libs since the 90's. Hoping LC>Cakes>MyLawn works out in time too.. but I just biopsyed to LC yesterday.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: RoadAppleSnapple]
    #27250302 -

I like the clover idea.  Holds moisture well too.  Best of luck, bud.  The area of my yard my outdoor semi grows will be spawned to this spring is clover dominant.  Speaking of semi grows  (cross posted from LAGM), my bottle grows are all coming along nicely since warming up some.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: RoadAppleSnapple]
    #27250317 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: RoadAppleSnapple]
    #27250660 -

RoadAppleSnapple said:
I am leaning clover bc it fixes nitrogen, and from my research it sounds like semis disappear after the soil get used up.



Soil used up? Could you clarify? You can usually see Semis high in the mountains where the soil has low nutrient levels. All they need is the grasses. Over-fertilization could kill them. I'm not sure if they can eat Clover roots either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #27251055 -

Celestialexplorer1 said:
Does anyone know where pseudomonas comes from or how to battle it. I would think not using tap water or not misting caps directly or better FAE might be good but I seem to be as carful as I can and still end up with it consistently. I know but 5 gallons of distilled water and use only that but it's just such a task. Wondering if anyone else has found anything that may help.



its more less natural to the mushroom and shows itself due to conditions


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Adas]
    #27252104 -

alaskappalachian said:
I like the clover idea.  Holds moisture well too.  Best of luck, bud.  The area of my yard my outdoor semi grows will be spawned to this spring is clover dominant.  Speaking of semi grows  (cross posted from LAGM), my bottle grows are all coming along nicely since warming up some.




Nice jar you have there, Alaska! Thanks for the vote of confidence. My yard has a lot of clover as well. I'm encouraging it and other flowering species to take over what was once a grass 'monoculture'. Heh, we have quite a spring bloom of dandelions the bees seem to love waking up to... to the angst of our golf-loving neighbor. Good luck with your grow, I'll look and hope for your success.

coAsTal said:
Try this:
https://www.groworganic.com/products/mini-perennial-clover-grass-mix-lb



Thanks coAsTal, the photo of that seed mix is close to what I was thinking. Nice.


Adas said:
RoadAppleSnapple said:
I am leaning clover bc it fixes nitrogen, and from my research it sounds like semis disappear after the soil get used up.



Soil used up? Could you clarify? You can usually see Semis high in the mountains where the soil has low nutrient levels. All they need is the grasses. Over-fertilization could kill them. I'm not sure if they can eat Clover roots either.




Thanks for the reply Adas, you make good points. Please allow me to clarify. Soil used up was just my unedited way of saying nutrient-depleted. I should not have posted in such haste.

That's very interesting about the mountains and low-nutrient soil. I was under the impression they fruited prolifically in rich pastures and would slowly fade away as seasons past and become more naturally sparse. But I'm here reading, not seeing (or picking, sadly, yet) first hand.

As for nutrition, I would assume that since I'm having luck colonizing grain they can handle some nutrition, and that a good deal of the worm castings/ manure/ organic fertilizer dusting I may apply would be shared with the plants in the pot as well. I will make sure to post my success or failure since I have brought the topic up. I do appreciate the heads up though, I will take care not to over do it, especially given white clover's N-fixing capabilities. I hope they will enjoy a root-free diet for their first potted season as the root pickin's will be slim in a freshly seeded pot regardless of what growing in it..


Today's the day for pot #1. I'm going with the clover for this one. #2 is a couple weeks out and I might cover it with grass for comparison. Thank you all for your input, I appreciate the time you took to respond to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: RoadAppleSnapple]
    #27252352 -

Yea no problem man. I think they will do just fine the first year living off the substrate, slowly switching to eating the dying roots. Definitely try more than one type of plant, although grasses are your best bet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Adas]
    #27258009 -

Dude I've been working with the same prints I sent Alaska in this threa, and I've failed for over 6 months with all kinds of grain, agar and germination work with semilanceata

And he had jars looking good running now

My god 😂🙏 I have to germinate
New T0's AGAIN



So much work and never even once good growth on agar

:drunkdriver:


--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Edited by smalltalk_canceled (03/17/21 07:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2159 2160 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,303,907 43,196 09/29/26 05:16 AM
by Baba Yaga
* The Official TAT Family Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 65 66 )
tiptrippy 89,052 1,308 08/21/26 08:37 AM
by Smartattack
* Psilocybe × zinnii nom. prov. official thread.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Bigworm 1,836 95 09/23/26 09:05 PM
by Blopblop
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 87 88 )
Hindsight 81,306 1,754 09/28/26 10:54 PM
by MushLuvR77
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 588,465 15,106 09/29/26 04:50 AM
by bloodssonnew
* Experiment- Misc outdoor grow mediums dobinky 924 4 06/24/03 10:45 AM
by ATWAR
* A less-exotic way of drying ? :: badtz 1,289 9 01/22/03 03:07 PM
by Angry Mycologist
* Re: Pacific Exotic Spora fucked me over two years ago and i just got retrupution! WorkmanV 3,226 1 04/30/00 06:32 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
179,715 topic views. 18 members, 67 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 18 queries.