Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 743 | 744 | 745 | 746 | 747 | 748 | 749 | 750 | 751 | 752 | 753 | 754 | 755 | 756 | 757 | 758 | 759 | 760 | 761 | 762 | 763 | | Last >
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: IdiotCircusBoy]
    #27135994 -

IdiotCircusBoy said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Free speech is going away in this country.  It should soon get easier for the elite to control the masses again.



As much as I despise Trump and believe that his call to violence is not protected speech, it has to be said that some of these social media companies are up to shenanigans with how they chose to enforce the rules that they have created.



See, on one level I have a problem with the curtailing of free speech. Personally, I don't think that banning violent speech prevents violence, it only forces violence to get more sophisticated. For example, suicide bombings. Suicide bombings are the tactically correct response to an overwhelming military force. Japanese kamikazes were, statistically, almost twice as effective as regular Japanese bombers when it came to sinking allied ships. Took an average of 84 kamikazes lost per ship sunk, versus 120 Japanese bombers lost before they adopted kamikaze tactics.

Similarly, overwhelming US force in Iraq/Afghanistan forced ISIS to use commercial drones with hand grenades strapped to them instead of open combat.

On the other hand, there is some schadenfreude involved with republicans being all about preventing regulations and upholding the free market, only for those lack of regulations and free markets to decide republicans are bad for business.

The entire current situation was created by republicans, and I don;t really care when they suffer from it. People like me warned them and they did it anyway. C'est la vie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27135997 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
psi said:
Debatable whether free speech entitles one to the ability to post on Twitter in particular.



How does Trump communicate with people that want to hear his perspective on things rather than that of the mainstream media?



By getting up on a soap box with a bullhorn in his hand, just like any other deplatformed loser. He still has freedom of speech, he just needs to, ya know, put his ass to work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27136002 -

They banned accounts that were openly fomenting sedition and insurrection. People were using those accounts to actively organize what happened on Wednesday. Parler is being used to organize riots and further violence, and that’s why the app has been banned from app stores


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: koods] * 4
    #27136005 -

How does trump communicate without twitter. Lol. The same way the other 44 presidents did.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: koods]
    #27136013 -

:mel:

But soon he's not going to be the president.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Kryptos]
    #27136027 -

Kryptos said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
How does Trump communicate with people that want to hear his perspective on things rather than that of the mainstream media?



By getting up on a soap box with a bullhorn in his hand, just like any other deplatformed loser. He still has freedom of speech, he just needs to, ya know, put his ass to work.



Would I hear it here in California?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: koods]
    #27136031 -

koods said:
They banned accounts that were openly fomenting sedition and insurrection. People were using those accounts to actively organize what happened on Wednesday. Parler is being used to organize riots and further violence, and that’s why the app has been banned from app stores



Like I said, I'm ok with banning speech that actively incites violence (though Kryptos makes a good point about this).

Does anyone have an example of a Trump tweet inciting violence?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #27136032 -

Supposedly he's very rich, maybe he can start his own site to compete with Twitter. Or just post on Parler.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27136033 -

So you’re suggesting that Twitter is obligated to provide a platform for trump?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Mycolorado]
    #27136037 -

Mycolorado said:
So you’re suggesting that Twitter is obligated to provide a platform for trump?



If they're a monopoly, which they pretty much are, then yes.  And as has already been mentioned, I can't get parler from the Google Store anymore.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Nitrojedi] * 1
    #27136041 -

Nitrojedi said:
if we take the average 10 posts from the Trumnp haters we will find that the majority of those posts aren't something those people would be able to stand behind safely one on one in person, by contrast Trump supporters would safely be able to to stand behind their posts.. This is why we find the Trump haters like to be masked and anonymous. Like we see in every video the Trump haters get riled up always end up getting their asses kicked unless they are in a overwhelming majority.



That's because Trump supporters are violent savages.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27136054 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Mycolorado said:
So you’re suggesting that Twitter is obligated to provide a platform for trump?



If they're a monopoly, which they pretty much are, then yes.  And as has already been mentioned, I can't get parler from the Google Store anymore.



I think you can also use it on the web without the app.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Nitrojedi]
    #27136058 -

Nitrojedi said:
if we take the average 10 posts from the Trumnp haters we will find that the majority of those posts aren't something those people would be able to stand behind safely one on one in person, by contrast Trump supporters would safely be able to to stand behind their posts.. This is why we find the Trump haters like to be masked and anonymous. Like we see in every video the Trump haters get riled up always end up getting their asses kicked unless they are in a overwhelming majority.



Whatever you say Glatt.


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 4
    #27136060 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Mycolorado said:
So you’re suggesting that Twitter is obligated to provide a platform for trump?



If they're a monopoly, which they pretty much are, then yes.  And as has already been mentioned, I can't get parler from the Google Store anymore.



You're posting on a forum saying that another forum is a monopoly... you don't see the problem with that?


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Enlil]
    #27136074 -

Trump should communicate with his supporters on the shroomery. I wonder how long that would last


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: koods]
    #27136077 -

He already has his own website.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Enlil]
    #27136081 -

That's the first time I've heard that a discussion board is a direct competitor to Twitter.  Trump was also banned from Facebook.

Again, I'm ok with censoring calls to violence, but does anyone have any examples of Trump actually doing this?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Enlil]
    #27136085 -

Enlil said:
He already has his own website.



There you go.  What's the link?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27136086 -

He can post on his own website.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27136087 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 743 | 744 | 745 | 746 | 747 | 748 | 749 | 750 | 751 | 752 | 753 | 754 | 755 | 756 | 757 | 758 | 759 | 760 | 761 | 762 | 763 | | Last >


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Paleocon 8,134 123 12/12/07 03:37 PM
by EntheogenicPeace
* HITLER WAS A SOCIALIST
( 1 2 3 all )
lonestar2004 5,292 40 02/25/07 12:16 PM
by gluke bastid
* Hitler V Saddam
( 1 2 all )
germin8tionn8ion 4,487 28 07/03/04 09:20 AM
by Ed1
* In Defense of Referencing Hitler
( 1 2 all )
Ancalagon 3,033 28 06/25/05 11:00 PM
by LSDempire
* How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power (long) ekomstop 1,383 5 09/28/04 05:16 PM
by Phred
* Bush and Hitler - Parallel Lives
( 1 2 3 all )
Prajna 3,434 52 01/01/06 06:39 PM
by RandalFlagg
* 2020 VISION What will Canada look like in 15 years?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
lonestar2004 10,885 65 12/12/19 01:38 PM
by JohnRainy
* Can Bush pardon Hitler?
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 2,798 44 12/30/08 12:42 PM
by Phred

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
499,619 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 39 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.017 seconds on 16 queries.