Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: BrAiN]
    #7739743 - 12/10/07 09:36 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The more the human race evolves, the less likely anyone will even think to do it, because it won't be part of the conditioning that occurs. Over time, everyone will be raised in an environment in which it hasn't happened. Also, the more education is promoted, after being able to receive more and more funding as other unnecessary programs, such as vast military expansion, I would imagine that history would be understood in a much more relevant way than it is taken in as by most now. :wink:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7739756 - 12/10/07 09:42 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Eh. I disagree. We learn from our history, but I think that really that only goes so far. I mean look at how we glorify conquerers like Caesar and Alexandar nowadays. If shit like that was pulled nowadays it would never fly, but everyone grows up thinking of them as noble people.

Humans are always going to have generations with maniacs. 4 billion people is a big number.. too big to think that every one of them will never be a horrid ruler of a powerful country.

I guess you're more of an optomist than I.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7741170 - 12/10/07 03:21 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
The more the human race evolves, the less likely anyone will even think to do it, because it won't be part of the conditioning that occurs. Over time, everyone will be raised in an environment in which it hasn't happened. Also, the more education is promoted, after being able to receive more and more funding as other unnecessary programs, such as vast military expansion, I would imagine that history would be understood in a much more relevant way than it is taken in as by most now. :wink:

What disorganized drivel.  First off, the human "race" is not evolving.  At all.  Scientific advances occur but that is not remotely related to evolution.  Science is evolving, humans are not.  Many, many reject and are fearful of technological advances.  Mike Huckabee and Khameinei are prime examples of this.  Currently, hundreds of millions of people are being conditioned to violently impose a regressive and repressive ideology on all other humans.  By any means necessary, include co-opting the technology of their enemy.  Lying is a sin except lying to infidels is not.  Etc. etc. etc.  Although it is quite warming to my heart that there are happy-go-lucky children who believe in the universal goodness and reasonability of all men, I am equally glad that there are adults who perceive the evil that lurks in a great deal of the population and are willing to protect you.  Often at the risk of their own lives.  Now, I think it's time for your nap.

--------------------

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: Phred]
    #7741203 - 12/10/07 03:30 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 08:47 PM)

Scholar
Male

Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7741217 - 12/10/07 03:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

---

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7741270 - 12/10/07 03:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

No shit. I myself would choose not to run faster than the bear, just faster than you. And to make damn sure that you tripped. Right in front of him. THAT right there would be human evolution.
Really, can you ever follow a point? Everybody has investments. They aren't all stocks and bonds. Is it only worthy if it is completely altruistic? What is your problem with self-interest? A vast percentage of the population thinks there is no danger. A larger percentage realizes there is. The former group of retards benefits from the actions of the latter. Nobody benefits from the (in)actions of the former. Except the predators.

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7741463 - 12/10/07 04:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Science is evolving, humans are not.

Well.. depends on how you look at it. Our races are mixing more now than ever before. You COULD call that evolution.

If you're looking for a more Darwinistic example, I remember reading something about how people located primarily in Finland who are frequently being found with a gene that causes them to live a few years longer on aerage.

It's all evolution... However this is all slow as hell. I believe in Evolution, but evolution takes millions of years.

Or maybe he was just saying evolution in the general sense.. more than just genetics, but like the GROWING we've done as a race.

Either way.. there will always be Hitlers until the end of time

Scholar
Male

#7741550 - 12/10/07 04:46 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

---

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7741762 - 12/10/07 05:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I'm an American. I don't care what the enemy thinks about who the threat is to them

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#7742026 - 12/10/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 08:48 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#7742054 - 12/10/07 06:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You said this:

Quote:

More people in the world think the U.S. is the greatest threat to world peace than believe Islam to be.

There are 300 million Americans. There are 1 billion Muslims. Given the disparity in population and the oft asserted Muslim imperative to spread the word of Allah to all, by the sword if necessary, I have no doubt that we are outnumbered. Do you have a fucking point today or will it be just like every other pointless day for you?

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#7742095 - 12/10/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 08:48 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#7742194 - 12/10/07 06:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Now it's a majority (a word not present in your original post). How quaint. I can only respond to what you actually write, not what you intend to mean.
I don't care what most of the world thinks. Most of the world has quite a few very strange ideas.

--------------------

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #7742328 - 12/10/07 07:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You said this:

Quote:

More people in the world think the U.S. is the greatest threat to world peace than believe Islam to be.

Now it's a majority (a word not present in your original post).

:shake: duh zappa, duh

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

Edited by SoY (12/10/07 07:21 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #7743901 - 12/11/07 06:22 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

First, it does address the main point in that it dispels the notion that U.S. leaders (industrialists in this case) were neutral...

US industrialists aren't (and weren't) "leaders". This Lefty canard simply refuses to die. The decision re entering the war was made by the US president, not by Ford or GM or AT&T.

Were there many (not just industrialists) in the US prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor who thought it was a bad idea for the US to enter the war? Yes, there certainly were, and by no means were all of them industrialists or politicians. That does nothing to rebut McCain's point -- that isolationism allowed Hitler to get a lot further with no resistance than he would have otherwise.

Quote:

One more thing on this, if you're going to deny that many leading U.S. industrialists (from George W. Bush's grandfather, Henry Ford, those at at the top of GM, Thomas Watson of IBM, those at the top of Standard Oil which is now ExxonMobil, Chase Manhattan, DuPont & others) had more affinity for Hitler & his ideology than FDR & his, then this simply contradicts all historic record.

Where have I denied this? Besides, their affinity has nothing to do with McCain's point.

Quote:

And yes, the two companies were instrumental in building advanced & efficient equipment for the Nazi military exactly as I stated.

No they weren't. Up until 1939, Opel built trucks. Big whoop. Nothing particularly advanced or efficient about three ton trucks. Neither of your links tells us a single thing that Ford built. Years after the conquest of Poland and France, when Opel (and every other industry in Germany) was under total Nazi control, some Opel plants built aircraft engines, too.

Your original statement was a crock of shit. Had Opel or Ford never existed, the Nazis would have overtaken just as much of Europe just as quickly. Rather than riding in 10,000 or so Opel trucks, they would have ridden in 10,000 or so Daimler-Benz trucks, that's all.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: Phred]
    #7743964 - 12/11/07 07:24 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

This still astounds me, even though I've seen it over and over and over again for the last six years -- the bullshit misrepresentation of this easily check able fact. Why do you guys think you can get away with it? Is it that you think if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes fact?

Hussein was not "installed" by the US. He murdered his way to the top of the food chain on his own. Why you believe any moderately well-informed person would think otherwise is beyond me.

Yes Phred, since there was not a congressional amendment stating we installed saddam that means it didn't happen. The only one repeating a lie over and over again is you. The CIA and it's counterparts had its hands all over saddam's "rise". To think that saddam repeatedly met with them before his take over and then all of a sudden is the dictator declaring war against iran with weapons from our catalog is complete coincidence.

Our installation of the sha of iran failed for numerous reasons, most of them probably due to his US-backed brutality. So we counter the iran revolution by sending saddam against them. As usual your agenda crystal clear and the other fool in this thread is undoubtedly a puppet of one of the resident neo-cons. He's so delusional the only explanation is he was created to stir up bullshit against Ron Paul.

There isn't a neo-con alive who is interested in honest debate.

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: RosettaStoned]
    #7743971 - 12/11/07 07:30 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Hussein rose to power within the ruling Iraqi Ba'athist party on his own. That has been amply documented by numerous credible sources, Iraqi and otherwise.

There isn't a single poster here (or in any other forum I've ever visited, for that matter) who has ever been able to provide support for the whole "the CIA installed Hussein" bullshit. All they do is claim it to be true. On the other hand, there is copious information from numerous credible open party sources (such as the foreign press) detailing every step of his rise within the Ba'ath party. None of this is difficult to find on the intraweb tubes -- it's a matter of public record.

Has the CIA pulled some sketchy moves over its history? Damned skippy! But installing Saddam Hussein wasn't one of those moves. You are just plain flat out wrong on this one.

Quote:

There isn't a neo-con alive who is interested in honest debate.

The irony of a Lefty making this statement is staggering. If you wanted honest debate, you'd be honest about Hussein's rise to power, for starters.

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, "It's not that Lefties don't know anything, it's that they know so many things that aren't true."

Phred

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7744637 - 12/11/07 11:41 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

> First off, the human "race" is not evolving. At all.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071210/sc_nm/evolution_human_dc_1:
Quote:

Human evolution has been moving at breakneck speed in the past several thousand years, far from plodding along as some scientists had thought, researchers said on Monday [Dec 10, 2007].

In fact, people today are genetically more different from people living 5,000 years ago than those humans were different from the Neanderthals who vanished 30,000 years ago, according to anthropologist John Hawks of the University of Wisconsin.

Edit: Depending upon your definition of "Human Race" the above can support either side of the argument.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Edited by Seuss (12/11/07 11:44 AM)

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: Seuss]
    #7744664 - 12/11/07 11:52 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Right. Obviously we are off topic but technically speaking every species is always evolving. One should never confuse the word "evolving" with "improving"

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Ron Paul's isolationism would have helped Hitler according to John McCain [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7745452 - 12/11/07 03:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

There is no evolution without premature death and we have pretty much eliminated that in most places. Call me when the Africans become resistant to malaria. And AIDS.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck