Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
The opposite of a scientist
    #2541919 - 04/09/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

My stance is much different.

I am not a wise man. I will admit, I am fool. So many before me have been great masters of Humanness, I am a mere fly in their existance.

I suffer humility in order to experience what lies beyond security. I suffer to experience what lies beyond comfort. Because I suffer unto myself, I can see that which comes from not having.

To have...think about that. To have, is to be contain. To contain is to not be empty. If one isn't empty...why...how can they receive?

That is the opening for my post. That is words, hopefully if read slowly, that will provide the atmosphere for me to begin my thread.

I do not believe in "facts". I do not believe in written words, nor spoken words. These things come and go, and belief in them is attachment. Belief in them seperates you from the cosmos. Cosmos do not need "facts" or "words" to express themselves. The bridge between you and the cosmos was created when you were born into the physical body. The bridge is your senses.

And I ask you, my friends, my companions, my lovers.....what is more suitable for you to find Truth and Reality then your senses?

Do you really believe your mind, the tool that is meant to be USED, not to USE YOU....is the complete link to reality?  Do you not see that your senses are your true link to the external, and your mind is really the link to the internal?

You see, I believe in senses. I have faith in senses. I attach myself to my senses, only to let them fade away and die during my sleep.

Theories, Beliefs, Opinions, Point of Views...all of these things arise and fall. None of them are stable.

You can trust in your senses, because they are direct. They do not need anything else to perceive.

If you can understand this thread, my friends, then you are doing well. If you understand these humiliating, yet purposeful words, then you are al-right.

Truth can be reached through experience. A crazy man is a man who limits his senses. A man who denies other's is crazy.

This thread is just entertainment, meant to stimulate the mind.

If you want, it can be so much more....but please, for the people like Swami, this thread is not meant to be dissected.

Out of respect for me, please leave this thread whole :smile:  Although at times the game of Believer vs. Skeptic can be fun, I want everyone, including Swami, to breath this thread in.

Understand it as Truth. Understand it as Lie. Understand it as whatever you like, but breath it in :smile:

This post was made from an edited consciousness, not drug-induced...but from an edited consciousness non-the-less.

Enjoy, and peace be with you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: The opposite of a scientist [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2542249 - 04/09/04 02:39 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Great post supermarket.

My stance is not far from yours. That is, if it's different at all.
One place it may differ is about the mind and it's value. But then again, I think you may be using the word 'mind' to describe over-planning or to convey the concept of 'fake' or 'imaginary' awareness.

As i see it, imaginary awareness is simply that of not applying the contents of your beloved little intellectual obsessions into moment-to-moment experience. For instance, a person can be constantly thinking about philosophy and psychology but never really improve in self-awareness or self-management.... If he is not broadening his subjective experience of life, then why bother? Is'nt he only spiraling inward? Is'nt he actually diving farther and farther away from the thing he thinks he's getting closer and closer to?

Now, this is not to say people gain nothing from this style of thinking, they do. The only way they could'nt gain anything is by completely disconnecting with reality.

It is when we connect with perception(which is, in my view, our very experience of existing and apprehending the external world.), that we can actively think and feel. That is, not just recieve, but also manipulate, adapt and synthesize ideas.

So, the mind and beliefs have importance and value. It is if we over-value these things, so as to imply that mind, emotions and actions are different things that shit hits the fan.

adios

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: The opposite of a scientist [Re: David_Scape]
    #2542383 - 04/09/04 05:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>You see, I believe in senses. I have faith in senses. I attach myself to my senses, only to let them fade away and die during my sleep.

Well 99% of the time I would say the senses are wrong, the brain interprets data and if there is any spaces there it makes stuff up. A good example of this is in optical illusions and such. Realying on the senses is viewing the world subjectivly as the senses are usualy percived diffrently to what actualy happens, because as humans we place our own meaning onto things.

But as a scientist we can creat experiments to view the world objectivly which means we can search for the truth behind a task and say how it is or could be rather than what we think.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: The opposite of a scientist [Re: EvilGir]
    #2542405 - 04/09/04 06:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

jezu, I dont believe senses can be wrong.

Do you understand, that reality is completely relevant?

Truth does not come externally, though this is my opinion, and what do I know?

A wise man once said that Peace comes from within. I will search for truth, where I find peace.

Senses are a way of experiencing reality, but to be honest, senses will never experience reallity perfectly. Senses are used to "perceive", and perception means interpretation.

So, I believe our Reality lies within. Our tools are senses, that view the external world. Through knowing our senses, and our "version" of the external world, we can know our internal world.

Your senses may decieve you, but I'll be honest, mine really don't. My eyes might, as my ears and hearing...but I have other senses as well. I have a whole spectrum of emotional response and feelings, which allows me to interpret and experience my version of Reality.

I believe reality is SUPPOSED to be personalized.

Jezu, you said "because as humans we place our own meaning onto things"

yes, this is perfect. Humans are fully capable of creating and experiencing our own Reality.

Creation is creation, and not less real. A video game is still real, but in a different form. Dreams are too. Visions are too. Anything I think, is real in a sense, just not physical.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order