Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: TOOL concert is a spiritual experience [Re: xnevermore]
    #783745 - 07/29/02 09:01 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Ahhhh! Thankyou for setting the record straight!!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: TOOL concert is a spiritual experience [Re: Revelation]
    #783777 - 07/29/02 09:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

With your notion, morality has no ontological basis in the Divine Nature. The 'Judgement' does not have to be anthropomorphized. The Egyptian papyrus in my study that depicts the weighing of the soul against a feather, illustrates the ancient belief in the moral stature of man and its appropriateness for Beatitude or perdition (to be devoured by the hellhound Maat in the papyrus).

It may well turn out that the Eternal Light of Unmitigated Reality will be incomprehensible ecstasy for the duly prepared individual, and the white-hot holocaust of Hell for the damned. The Judgement will then not hinge upon the anthropomorphized 'Old Bearded Guy in the Sky,' but upon what we did with our free will when we had the opportunity to exercise a free will. Whether or not Eternal Hell (if God created hell, it's not eternal, as there was a 'time' during which Hell did not exist) is eternal; or whether human awareness experiences Eternal Hell without liberation from it (when one is in Hell - it is experienced in its Eternity - which is different from indefinite duration, which is a temporal condition) are different concerns altogether.

Suffice to say, the afterlife conditions vary from person to person, and even rebirth is experienced as a form of Hell. Stan Grof's life work speaks to much of these metaphysical conditions through LSD psychotherapy and transpersonal states. John Lilly also spoke to the experienceable Hell-Realms. The great cultures of Eqypt, India and Greece, spanning many millennia can't all be wrong, while you are right, as far as I am concerned, but again, you can believe whatever you choose. Just remember that they all agree that how you live your life with relation to God (vertical relationship) and to others (horizontal relationship) determines what kind of being you are, and what Realm your being is consonant with when you discorporate.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: TOOL concert is a spiritual experience [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #784347 - 07/29/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i?ve seen tool 2 times by now... needless to say those were the best concerts i?ve been to... but i still don?t understand how some people can listen to tool, go to a show and claim to be big fans, without grasping one little piece of the message they are trying to get through... i was really annoyed by a bunch of angry fuckers giving the finger and the satan sign at maynard... i just loved it when maynard said "to those of you who have taken to much psychedelics along the ways of your life... take a deep breath, relax and go into yourself... you are at a tool show... well, at least some of you"
and yes, they definitely knew what they were doing since the beginning... i personally dont consider tool a band anymore... they are one of gods own masterpieces, for us to enjoy and appreciate... discuss and think about... and learn.. evolve... so we can get the fuck off this planet (man i love bill hicks)... everything just gets together when it comes to tool...

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: TOOL concert is a spiritual experience [Re: In(di)go]
    #784370 - 07/29/02 02:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

oh, and for the record... i think that hitler is in heaven, too...
read my signature and you will perhaps understand what i mean...
have you ever come to think that what hitler did was necesarry for evolution? was necesarry for people to learn? to recognize good and bad? well, imo there is no good and bad... only love... we live in an illusion, and we need the good and bad in here to chose, to recognize where we come from and what we are... of course hitler got punished in some way... karma always gets you... but for me there is no such thing as hell... (hell as in eternal damnation apart from god) because there is no apart from god... only a part of god... we are inside of him, we are a part of him (her/it)... therefore when we die we leave this illusion and find ourselves with god again... i hope this made any sense for you guys...
namast

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: TOOL concert is a spiritual experience [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #785613 - 07/30/02 04:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Markos, my first impression of Tool back from the lyrics he had quoted were indeed similar (a way for teens to vent their whiney angst), but my opinion has changed as I took both a closer look and watched their music evolve. What really intruiged me again was Alex Grey's most impressive artwork in for the cover art of their latest album, Lateralus. There are several transparent waxy sheets broadening out from flaming etheral eyes to chakras to the muscular system and finally the skeletal system. As you may know, Alex Grey has also authored a book with Ken Wilber, and you'll find his artwork connected with reputable journals like the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (do check out their latest journal on Sex, Spirituality, & Psychedelics for more of Grey's work).

There are many gnostic themes found in Tool's later work and Maynard's (the vocalist) other band A Perfect Circle that I appreciate. The songs conjure up powerful feelings and insights that are meaningful to me (but aren't a lifestyle, while they're powerful, it's not the way I want to feel ALL the time, my roots are in jam, bluegrass, and world music). I'd suggest just listening to the music before making any inferences to the meaning of the lyrics alone. The obvious interprepation of many of his lyrics (which teenagers abuse for their angsty reasons) generally have nothing to do with what Maynard is singing about at all.

And that's my rap on that since everyone else is leaving lyrics, here are some straightforward ones that everyone should appreciate.

Parabola

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
We are choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside
This holy reality, this holy experience.
Choosing to be here in

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.

Alive, I

In this holy reality, in this holy experience. Choosing to be here in

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal

Twirling round with this familiar parable.
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineDasKomet
D 322
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
Re: TOOL concert is a spiritual experience [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #802724 - 08/07/02 02:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Of right/wrong I believe the lesson is to move out of instances of duality. Rather than attempting to support your reality by anothers perception thereof or falling into judgement based on one's perception of lyrics or comments.

What one might view at the "satan sign", I'm guessing you're referring to the clasp of the ring and index finger with the extention of the other digits... for me this is a sign of the 3 circles forming union (Whole Male, Female, Divine), but that is me.. I know not anothers intentions.

"yes, they definitely knew what they were doing since the beginning... i personally dont consider tool a band anymore... they are one of gods own masterpieces, for us to enjoy and appreciate...discuss and think about... and learn.. evolve... so we can get the fuck off this planet"
(nods) I believe to achieve the wholely creative state of Life/Love/Understanding so that we as individuals in form can come to express this through our intended purpose. To then hold space for others to find their light. I think we're "gettin' the fuck off this planet" to come right back and help the other aspects. I use the music/artwork as a constant reminder... cause forgetting is the spiral down.
The music/vibration is becoming clearer as the consensus is cracking/opening antennas receiving more of the signal.
When I realize that there is no guitar or no individuals on stage is when I've understood.
Peace.

--------------------
The Woven World is all I see.
Put cloves in your weed and tell them its for the LSD.
.oO0 Listen to White Zombie 0Oo.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder