Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: -53.121600, 73.763943
Re: Understanding Points of View [Re: Sclorch]
    #923525 - 10/01/02 05:49 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

mushies in the bible? http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Mushrooms_in_the_Bible.10494.shtml

Do a search for DEW and MANNA on this online bible...
http://www.bibleontheweb.com/Bible.asp

Those are possible analogies at best...
But then again, the bible was written at a time when people didn't care much for babylon (romans). The writings were meant to be vague so the scriptures wouldn't make sense to the romans if they were seized....

Seized and EDITED...

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

Edited by ricyjo (10/01/02 06:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: Understanding Points of View [Re: Axiom420]
    #923600 - 10/01/02 06:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, in response to the idea/fact that when we are on shrooms we are tripping out and that this means that it is not connecting us to a spiritual experience... I don't think of the message that comes to us while we are on shrooms is any less mediated than any other messages we ever get.

I'll try and explain this in a couple ways and you can choose the one that makes the most sense (because that is the best way to receive any information)

Think about what we're doing here... we read posts from other people, respond to them, they respond to us... it is a process of communication. But what most people tend to forget is that this is a mediated experience. I'm not really communicating with anyone right now, I'm looking at a machine. But in my head the important information that comes through is what I have to say to you and what you have to say to me.
Same with shrooms. Am I really looking at god while tripping? No, it's my friend's cat. But what is important is the information that I glean from that.
Or, take another medium...the book. When I'm reading a book, say, the butter battle book, and it occurs to me that the story is actually describing the cold war and the history of fear and warfare. Well, is that idea coming from doctor seuss, or is it my own interpretation that is giving the experience meaning? Is Dr. Suess the author of this idea? Or is my subconscious?
Frankly, I don't really care. If something enters my mind that creates any sort of spiritual awakening I am going to embrace it regardless of where it comes from.
If you want to have a spiritual experience, go ahead and do it. I'm right behind you.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlinesammy_jankis
Borsch Hater

Loc: Earth
Re: Understanding Points of View [Re: gluke bastid]
    #929265 - 10/03/02 05:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think that "how the mushrooms open us up spiritually" is only slightly secondary to "mushrooms can (and have) spiritually open up many people". Thinking that you're getting information from God rather than from yourself (after overcoming the obstacles of super-stimulation of the CNS via mushrooms) is a major difference. It cannot be overlooked with a simple "it doesn't matter how you got here. All that matters is that you're here." That's just how it is.

We may never know exactly how (mechanism) mushrooms affect our consciousness, but maybe that's for the better. You know, always keeping us in check with doubt.

--------------------
Two men look out through the same bars;
One sees the mud, and one the stars.

-Frederick Langbridge

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Understanding Points of View [Re: sammy_jankis]
    #929280 - 10/03/02 05:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Thinking that you're getting information from God rather than from yourself

basically the same source, in my eyes

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #929296 - 10/03/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I like your sig.

You make a good point with this:
I think that "how the mushrooms open us up spiritually" is only slightly secondary to "mushrooms can (and have) spiritually open(ed) up many people".

I would emphasize that it's only slightly... I think both issues are quite intertwined (but what isn't, right?).

We may never know exactly how (mechanism) mushrooms affect our consciousness, but maybe that's for the better.
I think that if serious research is ever allowed on the subject that we will definitely have a much better picture of how that brain thingy works.

You know, always keeping us in check with doubt.
:laugh:  

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
Re: Understanding Points of View [Re: gluke bastid]
    #929360 - 10/03/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think of the message that comes to us while we are on shrooms is any less mediated than any other messages we ever get.

It doesn?t seem like the quantity of the mechanism through which the change occurs can ever change, but it is qualitatively very different. That is a weird idea. What makes more sense, quantity or quality? If you say our experience changes only quantitatively, then it seem like you are a realist, you think the perception of objective reality is more or less in line with the real reality. This wouldn?t make sense for the hardcore-idealist since there is no objective reality- there can only be a qualitative change. eeehh, I actually don?t know if this makes sense anymore. I?m baked. So, I dub thee an idealist :smirk:, or somewhere on that end of the continuum (in case you didn?t already know).

Well, is that idea coming from doctor seuss, or is it my own interpretation that is giving the experience meaning? Is Dr. Suess the author of this idea? Or is my subconscious?

Yeah, where we choose to assign cause or how we choose to explain stuff happening is surprisingly arbitrary.

Frankly, I don't really care. If something enters my mind that creates any sort of spiritual awakening I am going to embrace it regardless of where it comes from.
If you want to have a spiritual experience, go ahead and do it. I'm right behind you.

Sounds like a good philosophy.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #929378 - 10/03/02 06:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thinking that you're getting information from God rather than from yourself (after overcoming the obstacles of super-stimulation of the CNS via mushrooms) is a major difference.

I think you guys are just talking at different levels of analysis. Glue Bastid is on the level where all objects are objects of perception. You are further looking at characteristics of these objects, categorizing them, and comparing them. The importance of the difference depends on what level you are at.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order