Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon pH Test Strips, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Touching the other side... (profound experience)
    #561129 - 02/24/02 01:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have had numerous experiences in my life which are beyond explanation. I am sure of an afterlife! I do not follow any god in particular, but rather I believe there is an "all that is" energy source. I feel that my purpose in this human life is solely to obtain wisdom to bring with me when I shed this skin. There are a few of my beliefs, now my story:

I had the sudden urge to play scrabble with my mom. So we did. I am playing fairly well, and winning. I make a 5 or six letter word and pick up my pieces. So I start arranging the letters, trying to see what I can come up with. After a few minutes of doing this, something begins to FEEL weird!! I am getting this feeling that something means something... What is it?? Then the feeling seems connected to the letters. I start asking myself what does it mean? what does it mean? Then I notice the letters backward spell my girlfriends sons name (ALL SEVEN LETTERS). I check it, over and over again, and it does!! Tears began to well up in my eyes, and I say to my mom, "do you want to see the spirit world in action?" and I showed it to her! (Should I have?) I told my girlfriend what happened, and she got very mad at me, and said I was a horrible person for saying something so insensitive, and she accused me of making it up. I have a connection to him, which is how he probably came through. It is a rose which was saved from his funeral. It is a beautiful white rose which i hung upside down to let dry. And it is still beautiful after over 1 year and 4 months.

I feel there are no such thing as coincidences, and everything means something, but I can't figure out why he would connect with me? I saw no visions.. He was murdered 1 week after his 19th birthday last october. They have not caught the killers. I always tell my gf that he is okay and I know he is fine, but she has doubts about the afterlife (i do not). All she can see is the horror he must have felt his last moments.

If his spirit can channel energy through me to pick up pieces which i have no clue what they are face down, AND put them in the order of his 7 letter name backwards, without my knowing it, why couldn't he just talk to me? Does this mean i have psychic ability(I have always felt I do, but never knew how or what to do with it)? I am confused, and would like to know what you think.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSilent_One
Re: Touching the other side... (profound experience) [Re: Olgualion]
    #561275 - 02/24/02 06:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

All humans have visits from those they knew in the past, now dead. These spirits, who are primarily disincarnate but can come from their next incarnation in an Out-Of-Body, are trying to settle things they feel were left outstanding. These matters can be as simple as an apology they wished to express to you, or a bit of information they felt you needed, intended to be told to you when you next met. Death interrupts the plans. Ghosts are such disincarnate entities. Ghosts often show themselves to humans in a form that the human remembers. This is not a willful act on the part of the ghost, it is the way the human?s mind perceives the ghost based on the fact that they understand they are communicating with someone they knew. The mind plays tricks where the human see what he expects to see or hopes to see, and fails to see something they do not wish to see.

This is exactly what occurs when humans are being visited by ghosts. The ghost takes the form that the human recalls, the form the ghost took when they were alive. This form is shaped in the mind of the human as it fits with all the circumstances of the conversation between souls that is taking place. The human has formed this image from memory, but because this memory is swarming about, chemically speaking, with all the other circumstances of the encounter, it merges in the mind of the human. Like scenes that the filmmakers in Hollywood make, where a person on top of a wave may in fact be standing in a room, superimposed on a wave, the human encountering a ghost superimposes what the human used to look like. To the human, this has all been received as one impression.

Not all ghosts are from the dead, as a ghost can be a spirit having an Out-Of-Body experience or a normally disincarnate spirit. The majority of time, during 3rd and 4th Density, an entity will find itself incarnated. Upon death, the entity leaves its physical body, and this can also occur slightly before death too. Many humans experience Out-Of-Body experiences, and these are times when what you call the soul separates from the physical body either because it is curious and wants to go somewhere the physical body cannot, or because the physical body is experiencing trauma. Disincarnate entities are in light form. The reason some such entities appear brighter in light form than others is related to their spiritual maturity. The older and wiser, the brighter. They gain in spiritual bulk, one might say.

When an entity is disincarnate, it can wander about just as the soul can in Out-Of-Body experiences. Likewise, as in Out-Of-Body experiences, it is drawn to places it is either curious about or tied to because of emotional trauma. The entity that feels an issue is unresolved will hang about, desiring to influence proceedings. This is much displayed in your media in ghost stories of one kind or another. Just as with visits from entities in 4th Density or higher densities, these disincarnate entities cannot affect humans unless the human gives The Call. It is not because these disincarnate 3rd Density entities are under the same rules as we, the rules from the Council of Worlds, it is because their substance cannot affect the physical world, and they cannot possess another's body unless The Call has been given and permission granted. In this regard, a walk-in or a possession is a reality, and can happen.

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Re: Touching the other side... (profound experience) [Re: Silent_One]
    #561372 - 02/24/02 10:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you Silent one,

Many of the ideas you speak of are my thoughts on life and the spirit world. I read up on Theosophy. Have attempted projection (I think I used to project often when I was a child, but just recently realized, that is what was happening).

I don't understand where my experience comes into your post though. Unless, you are saying that I gave The Call, which allowed his spirit to connect with me. But, I saw no visions, only got the odd feeling that something meant something! Obviously, I must have been (i hate to use the word) possessed, in order to pick up the right scrabble pieces and unknowingly lay them down in the exact order. If giving The Call is no more than, telling the soul he can talk or show me, than I definitely did do this. I just don't understand what he was trying to accomplish. I have on many occasions, talked to his spirit(one way conversation), and pleaded with him to ease his mom's suffering(before this experience). I just ask he show her a sign so she will know that everything is and will be ok(I don't need reassurance).

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Offlinewpr101
journeyman
    #561380 - 02/24/02 10:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think you should eat some shrooms and then play scrabble again and see what happens. :smile:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Touching the other side... (profound experience) [Re: Silent_One]
    #561384 - 02/24/02 10:23 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

All humans have visits from those they knew in the past, now dead.
Neither myself nor any of my close friends and relatives have been visited. How would you know what ALL humans experience?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#561390 - 02/24/02 10:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If his spirit can channel energy through me to pick up pieces which i have no clue what they are face down, AND put them in the order of his 7 letter name backwards, without my knowing it, why couldn't he just talk to me?
Umm, because he did not channel it to you, that's why. Why are spirits always so retarded? Why not give you the letters in order, but NoooOOOoo. Better yet, why not give you the name of his murderers? Probably because there is no one on the other side giving direction.

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Re: Touching the other side... (profound experience) [Re: Swami]
    #561410 - 02/24/02 11:13 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If he gave me the letters in order, then, i would've realized what was happening probably 4 or 5 letters through his name. I would have had doubts about what happened, this way there is no doubt whatsoever! I laid them all out, and still only felt like it meant something. Only then did i notice that it was his seven letter name backwards.

Why not give me the name of the murderers.. very good question!!

Thank you for you insight old swami! I guess it was all just coincidence! lol

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #561435 - 02/24/02 12:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Who can say why spirits comunicate with us the way that they do? Let's say this person died, and is now on the other side. This person can probably see the reason why everything happens. Maybe they see the reason behind not telling us who killed him, who killed Kennedy etc etc..

Maybe there is a reason why they only communicate with us in a subtle way. Maybe they would answer our questions about who killed who and if UFO's exist, but they know that subconciously we don't want to know, or aren't asking in the correct way.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Park Avenue Playground - The Trip

Edited by Learyfan (02/24/02 12:08 PM)

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Re: Touching the other side... (profound experience) [Re: Learyfan]
    #561444 - 02/24/02 12:33 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Learyfan,

that makes sense. Maybe he knew, I am the only one who is open enough to allow such an experience take place. Or maybe like Silent One said, I initiated The Call. Maybe it was just another bit of reassurance that what I feel existence is really about is true. I really want to continue my search for meaning and understanding. I bet all of these, actually every question can be answered through Astral Projection. But that is another topic in itself. I just hope that I am not missing some important message he was trying to convey. Isn't life strange?

This doesn't have much to do with the topic, but I believe there is faith and then there is knowing. Faith is one step below, but when you can know something that can't be proven, most anything is possible.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#561512 - 02/24/02 01:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If he gave me the letters in order...
You said that you had no sense of being directed, yet you state that "he gave them to you". I am sorry for your loss, but a random grouping of letters that you assign meaning to, is a far cry from communication from the other side.

Meaning is most certainly in the eye of the beholder. I was in Florida when people came by the thousands to get a glimpse of some polarized bank window glass that started to separate. People saw the "Virgin Mary" and held hands in prayer for hours. I saw an indistinct upside-down parabola of color. Damn my skeptic gene!

--------------------

Edited by Swami (02/24/02 01:54 PM)

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#561572 - 02/24/02 03:00 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Since I don't have the answers, i'll throw some more possiblities out to you.

It's possible that the dead subtly speak to us everyday. Maybe they "say hi" to us all of the time, and it's up to us as to how to interprate those messages. Yes they could just come out and apear in front of us and say "hi", but like I said before, we don't know why a dead person would refrain from doing something like that(is it us or them that stops that from happening?).

So his friend could have definitely been saying hi by showing up as backwards letters on a game.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #561640 - 02/24/02 04:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i say it's just coincidence, if you want to think its something out of the ordinary go ahead and think that, but what are you really getting out of it?

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Touching the other side... (profound experience) [Re: Droz]
    #561659 - 02/24/02 05:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I forget who posted it, but it's a quote from Terrence Mckenna. It goes something like this:

"the only reason something seems like a coincidence is because the relationship between the two events is hidden from you"

Something like that. Can anyone find the exact quote? I'd like to keep that.

What does he get from that? The feeling that he's communicated with someone who is dead, and that he misses. I don't think he's fooling himself at all. How do you know that that dead person wasn't communicating with him? You don't know one way or the other. Let the man have his faith. That's probably all it takes in order to talk to the dead anyway.

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (02/24/02 05:29 PM)

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #561830 - 02/24/02 08:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I knew immediately this would be food for the swami...

Enlighten me to your scientific method, please. What would you indeed consider proof of the other side?

-- Grib.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Touching the other side... (profound experience) [Re: gribochek]
    #561901 - 02/24/02 10:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Apparently you didn't read my earlier post. If I had been murdered and could communicate with the living, I would find a way to get the names of the murderer(s) along with proof. Telling someone who loved me my name doesn't say anything.

Von Prague and Edwards are making millions off of the desire for people to communicate with their deceased loved ones. Perhaps if I were a fraud like those slimey cold-readers preying off of vulnerable people then I would be more respected by Gribochek than being the brutally honest and unpopular skeptic.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (02/25/02 04:20 AM)

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#561932 - 02/24/02 10:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Here's one reason I can think of not to tell your friend who murdered you:

Imagine that you're a friend of mine, and I was either outright murdered, or it was questionable, or I dissapeared, whatever. Now, imagine I come to you somehow and tell you the guys name, and that he did in fact murder me.
That could be a serious hinderance to your life.
Things wouldn't be so easy. Even if I told you the persons name, how he did it, where, why, etc, you'd have a hard time conveying this knowledge to the police in a believable and effective way. It would also put you at risk in numerous ways. If you had to go digging in the killers life (or yard) to find the proof, even if your friend told you where to look, you'd be risking your own life.
If you came to the police with a bunch of information, like where to find the weapon, who did it etc, you would become the obvious suspect. What's more logical? That your friend gave you this information from beyone the grave, that you figured it out all by yourself and weren't involved in any way, or that you did it and you're trying to frame someone else for whatever reason (or any number of variations on those themes).

Complications are a bitch. When I die I hope I'm not so selfish as to put my burdens on my friends. Let them live. On the other hand I might venture a greeting, just to let them know that I'm alright.

This is obviously not the extent of possibilities. Have I ever encountered a dead relative? Probably not. It also goes against my current understanding of the way things might work, but I'm not a firm believer either way.

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Re: Touching the other side... (profound experience) [Re: Learyfan]
    #561978 - 02/24/02 11:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

One big point is, that I barely knew him! He was the son of my girlfriend. That is why I am wondering why he contacted me. I shook his hand on numerous occasions; I went to Disney World with my girlfriend, him, and his grandparents. This is the extent of my involvement with him. I have tried to speak with him because I hurt seeing his mother in so much pain. I have lied in bed next to my girlfriend knowing she is having nightmares about what happened. I have looked at her during these times and pleaded with him to show HER a sign! I already KNOW what is out there! The only satisfaction I recieved from it is reassurance of what I already KNOW! My thought is some people (most people) are unable to experience such things due to their societal molding.

I never heard that quote from McKenna, but the premise is a strong belief of mine: There are no such thing as coincidences!

Swami, I have never heard of Von Prague, but if by edward, you mean John Edwards, I also know he has a gift! At times, I will agree he reaches and tries to find things, but usually, I can tell he has a connection! Making them, finding them, and knowing how to use them is the key! I am just learning.

And lastly Ulysees, I feel you are pretty right on. My variation in what you say is that where we are now is not life!!! we all (those of with souls that is) have eternal life! This human existence is nothing more than a learning experience, our eventual goal being a true connection with the Ultimate source of power (God if you will). I have no fear whatsoever of death. I look forward to my passing over and my return to pure bliss. I will embrace death when it comes knocking. There is such a thing as Karma. These murderers will feel true pain at another time. The sad part is that most people can only accept that "this" is it. Instant gratification, these murdereds need to pay, now, but they will. It is so sad seeing peoples intense grief, knowing myself that everything will be ok in the long run.

There are so many things I have to say, it is hard to organise all of my thoughts to convey their meaning. This is another thing i need to work on.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #562028 - 02/25/02 01:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ulysees has it right. But I will put it another way, expecially for you, the self-proclaimed brutal skeptic.
Why exactly do you assume any particular motivation of a dead person? What matter the murderers if there is, in fact, an afterlife? :wink:

Perhaps if I were a fraud like those slimey cold-readers preying off of vulnerable people then I would be more respected by Gribochek

You are not attentive enough for a skeptic. Never in my posts have I stated I _do_ believe in afterlife, aliens and similar junk. I would consider someone who makes money by communicating with dead relatives a fraud just like you do. The reason why I prefer to attack you and your statements is because I hate ignorance, but twice as much I hate ignorance which claims to know something and calls itself a "brutally honest and unpopular skeptic"

-- Grib

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#562032 - 02/25/02 01:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Actually, my beliefs are probably somewhat similar to yours. They are probably different in one big way though, I don't think that a personality can linger after they have lost their body... I feel that a personality is something that we build up as memories and basically store chemically, every single thing that makes up our personality being relative to everything else. (One thing gives the contrast for the next, no light without darkness kind of deal...) That's just how I feel at the moment though, who knows when I'll learn something else and be able to assimilate other possibilities faithfully. I know that I'm most likely still near the bottom of the "ladder of wisdom" if you will. I just want to be careful that I don't get too hasty and try to move up while actually pushing myself down...

Anyhow, that was supposed to be me saying that you could be right and I'm just not there yet.

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Re: Touching the other side... (profound experience) [Re: Ulysees]
    #562048 - 02/25/02 01:40 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I entirely agree with you, except I will make one exception. A discarnate being who suffered so much trauma before passing from its human form, that it actually hangs around on this plane. I think in this case, the spirit will have much the same tendencies as it did when human. This is definitely not the case with my story though.

Ulysees, have you ever read Journey of Souls by Michael Newton Ph.D.?

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon pH Test Strips, Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology