Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Pink Floyd, San Pedro, Sublime

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinevalkyrie
journeyman

Loc: Midwesternly
Telepathic experiences?
    #907430 - 09/25/02 04:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Have any of you here on the shroomery ever had any intense telepathic experiences? if you have, post them and we can compare....here is an experience I had a couple of years back..

I was chatting on IRC in a room for my particular city, and decided at random to message someone because they seemed interesting to me... after about 30 minutes of conversation in which he seemed to be a rather positive and upbeat person, I was overcome with an urge to write some poetry. I decided to write about this person whom I had learned very little about, and was a bit disturbed upon finishing the poem, just writing what came to mind... it described how his smile was little more than a facade that hid great sorrow and suffering, talking about how he had been betrayed and was unable to express his emotions, and only the shadows understood the truth of his anguish blah blah blah.... I type out the poem for him with some reluctance, feeling a bit silly for having written all of this on a whim, and he explains to me the terrible end of his relationship of several years, involving his girlfriend cheating on him while he was having to sleep on the couch, and also the death of his friend and band leader in a car accident and how this has prevented him from playing any music because it reminds him too much of how things used to be.... anyway, because of this we start talking about telepathy and decide to conduct some experiments over the phone where one person thinks of a number or a color, and the other person guesses it, or with letters of the alphabet, we found ourselves to be acurate about 75% of the time, which was strange but quite possible coincidental. To put it to a serious test, we decided that one of us would hold an object and visualize it and think about it intensely, without saying anything, and the other person would try and describe the object being visualized. There was a light in my room, and I grabbed the first object in reach and held it up. it was a slurpie cup with a spoon-straw sticking out the top, the spoon end was just peeking over the domed edge of the plastic top. It was sillhouetted in the light, I traced its shape in my mind and tried to imagine sending it, tried to make it the only thing on my thoughts.... a few seconds later he says " I see something... it looks like a large candle, its tapered, fat at the top, rounded.... it has a big wick or a flame... its dark though...."

I'm too surprised to say anything for a moment, and he too is a bit overwhelmed when I finally tell him what it is...

next its my turn to try and recieve an image. I close my eyes and for the longest time my mind is blank, I am about to give up when suddenly the vague image and intellectual concept of a hand comes to mind. I percieve an outstretched flat palm with some kind of long rectangular thing on it.. I think that it has something to do with food, but not food, the words crunchy, letters, candy, come to mind... I almost see some kind of lined pattern on the center of the bar, but it fades out, and then I get the idea that it has something to do with a movie....

I explain this, and he tells me that it is a boba fett pez dispenser.....

coincidence?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: valkyrie]
    #907448 - 09/25/02 04:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Take the Swami Challenge... that will determine if it was coincidence.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
    #907454 - 09/25/02 04:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

when i first read this topic, i thought "oh shit, here we go again" but i'm pleasantly surprised to find SCIENTIFIC tests here, not just some nut rambling about how they knew what their dog was thinking when they were trippin. well done, i'll have to do some more testing and get back with you...

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: Sclorch]
    #907460 - 09/25/02 04:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What if the experience was spontaneous and may not be able to be repeated on demand?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet
 User Gallery

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #907477 - 09/25/02 04:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My Girlfriend and I have been messing with the idea of ESP, Lucid dreaming, OBE's etc. The last time my GF did shrooms I was sober and we decided to give it a shot. We have had a few successful attempts at forcing our energy to each other but this time we noticed it was easier to "connect". She said she was able to actually see our aura's without any trouble and we tried guessing cards with amazing results. Approx 43 out of 52 when she was guessing and 38 out of 52 when it was my turn. We have been practicing for about 6 months prior and it has been about 2 months since and we have both noticed that with practice ( about an hour a day ) that both of our abilities have gotten much stronger. I would like to give more of a detailed report but I got toget going at the moment. If anybody has any questions or would like more experiences feel free to private msg me.

--------------------

OfflineMajor_Buzz
just like that

Loc: Left Bank
    #907482 - 09/25/02 04:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have had a number of telepathic experiences, such as:
Many years ago, when I was still living with my folks, I was home alone in bed, deeply relaxed, in that state where you are not asleep, but nearly, and all of a sudden my inner voice said to me, "she's here". Well at that point my mom arrived home.
Last year on an annual camping trip with my buddies, I was zoomin', we were listenning to Pink Floyd on Jeff's car stereo, and my inner voice told me that his battery was dead, and two seconds later the system died. I have had numerous events such as those two. I will admit to not being the world's most clairvoyant, but i'm getting better.

Anonymous

#907522 - 09/25/02 04:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, once during a peyote ceremony I went home before it had wore off and fell into a trance. The medicine man spoke to me and instructed me. The next time we met I mentioned this and he laughed and proceeded in the instruction drawing directly upon things he had only told me in the trance state. He mentioned them specifically and the only time he ever mentioned those things were when I was in trance. He had never mentioned or alluded to them before.

That was one of the more commonplace adventures with him. Others are so unbelieveable I will not mention them here.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: ]
    #907542 - 09/25/02 04:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Why don't you share some of these experiences Mr Mushrooms? I understand that some may be on a very personal level, but if the reason is because they are too "unbelievable", what's so wrong with that? Are you afraid that others will not take you as seriously? I had the same fear, but I must say, sharing personal experiences has really helped me look at them from different angles. I even appreciate the constructive skeptical-ness, because questioning these things helps me look at them differently, even if I don't necessarily agree with these points of view...

If you still want to keep tight-lipped about it publiclly, I would love if you PMed me some of your experiences. Please consider, friend...  :smile: 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: Adamist]
    #907565 - 09/25/02 05:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I do not what people think about my experiences because sometimes I do nto know what to think of them either. Nevertheless, they are intensely private matters and there are some that no living human knows about. I am not shy about them or even guarded. But they are so significant to me that I would not, under normal circumstances, share them anymore than I would share intimate sexual details had with a female. I would consider that a confidence broken.

That said, you may know that you are in my confidence.

Cheers,

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #907640 - 09/25/02 05:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What if the experience was spontaneous and may not be able to be repeated on demand?

What if "what if" meant something else?
This gets us NOWHERE. It's a BS response.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#907645 - 09/25/02 05:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It may get us nowhere, but it IS possible. Not everything is repeatable on demand.

--------------------

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #907722 - 09/25/02 06:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A couple nights ago i go tinto bed and began drifting off. Suddenly i heard a voice: " Fuck You". I opened my eyes immediatly and began trippin out. I have no idea where that came from. i often here voices as i drift off to sleep but they usually feel as though they are coming from within me. This one seemed to be eminating from the other side of the room.

Last night i could here people having conversations as i drifted to sleep, very unnerving. Tonight i will try write the conversations down as i am assuming i will have a similar experience as last nights was so clear.

I usually have strong telepathic experiences on even small dose trips now. I can here every word the other is thinking and also see into their imagination. In recent trips i had a long conversation with a passenger seat in my buddies car.

i'll keep you posted.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Offlinevalkyrie
journeyman

Loc: Midwesternly
Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #907744 - 09/25/02 06:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Adamist: I didnt suggest that the particular experience was anything but spontaneous, or irrepeatable, its spontanaeity doesnt make it any less valid... I'm sure that there are certain moments in our lives when for some reason or another we are more open to these kinds of experiences, they may be hormonal or chemical in nature, or induced by stress or joy or heightened 'spiritual awareness'... I know several people who know when a family member/close friend is going to visit or call, sometimes seconds before the phone rings, or know who is on the phone when it rings... do you feel that that is caused simply by an innate understanding of these peoples behavioral patterns, or by true precognitive ability? And perhaps more importantly, if its a valid experience, does it matter how it was caused?

Offlineshii-tan
unfolding.thoughtform
Loc: beyond the neirica
    #907822 - 09/25/02 07:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

vibrant~~

my sister has had similar experiences a little while ago. she would be laying on her bed, about to fall asleep and hear people fighting or burst out laughing.. we never found out what those sounds were coming from, but we somewhat concluded that the hypnagogic state makes you more receptive to thoughts floating all around...

--------------------
-----
chi fan le mey yo?

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #907866 - 09/25/02 07:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

do you feel that that is caused simply by an innate understanding of these peoples behavioral patterns, or by true precognitive ability?

i would rather say its caused by a truly deep connection with the person... i find that having telepathic experiences is a lot easier with some people than with other... my brother, my girlfriend and my mom are some of the people i constantly click with... i've had quite a few telepathic experiences, 2 of them very very powerful... but to be honest im quite tired... i think ill post them tomorrow... remind me of it, ok?

--------------------

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #908026 - 09/25/02 08:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That was happeneing to me last night too!  I heard someone yelling at me, and some other gibbersh type sounds.  All sounding like they were coming from outside me but I knew they were in my head....haha.  Call me a nutjob but that's one of my favorite feelings in the word... listening to the silence :smile: :tongue:  It's like implied sound, it's not really there.  No air molecules moving... just neurons firing.  Well I guess there are air molecules in the brain, right? So maybe it is real...
like my own little neuro-synthesizer... :crazy:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #908055 - 09/25/02 09:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Take the Swami Challenge... that will determine if it was coincidence.

I predict that no one will do so. (Hey, that makes me a real psychic!)

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908067 - 09/25/02 09:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What if I place a tin can 50 feet away and throw pebbles at it. I use visualization techniques and let my auric energy guide the tiny stone to the target. Out of a thousand shots, one goes in. I can't repeat it, but I know in my heart that it was true magic.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: Swami]
    #908081 - 09/25/02 09:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Your example does not apply to experiences that are viewed upon as "impossible" upon normal circumstances. Throwing a pebble in a can is possible, however, according to modern scientific thought, telepathy is not. Sorry, but I don't let modern scientific thought think for me.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908098 - 09/25/02 09:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Your example does not apply to experiences that are viewed upon as "impossible" upon normal circumstances. Throwing a pebble in a can is possible, however, according to modern scientific thought, telepathy is not.
Ah, but I didnt merely throw it. Did you not read my post? Are you doubting my veracity? I guided it in using psychic energy which is considered impossible by modern science. So your point is...?

Sorry, but I don't let modern scientific thought think for me.
Really? Please turn off your modern scientific computer and send your messages telepathically. Thank you.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#908102 - 09/25/02 09:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Really? Please turn off your modern scientific computer and send your messages telepathically. Thank you.

Sorry, but my computer does not think for me.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908108 - 09/25/02 09:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No. While you were busy babbling about other-worldy theories that amount to nothing, engineers did some real work and scientific thinking for you so that you could communicate across vast distances. You use these devices and denigrate the logical methodology behind them. If that is not hypocritical, then I am not sure what is.

What value has your non-scientific theories contributed to society?

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#908138 - 09/25/02 10:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Oh I am sorry that I have not come up with a world-changing "scientific" theory at the age of 17. How old are you? 35? 40? Where are your theories?

WAPPPP!
*imitates your arrogance for a few seconds*
Unless they are published in a prestigous "scientific" journal, what do they contribute to society?  :ooo: 

Ew, I feel dirty now.

--------------------

Edited by Adamist (09/25/02 10:04 PM)

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #908140 - 09/25/02 10:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

...that amount to nothing... contributed to society...

Why must every theory and idea we come up with have potential to "amount" to something? Why must it be a contribution to society? I think, and do things for myself, and Hope that it can benefit somebody else. What have you done that has "amounted" to something, or has "contributed" to society.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: In(di)go]
    #908155 - 09/25/02 10:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I agree Lozt Soul, i connect much stronger with some people than others, even more so in the last while. I am starting to realize that the souls i am not connecting with have a different path in mind for this earthly life and i am not trying to force my beliefs on them like i was.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908188 - 09/25/02 10:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Oh I am sorry that I have not come up with a world-changing "scientific" theory at the age of 17.
Apology accepted.

*imitates your arrogance for a few seconds*
My arrogance? Who is using a tool even as he denigrates it?

What have you done that has "amounted" to something, or has "contributed" to society.
If I told of my contributions, you would merely claim more arrogance. Do you use satellite TV, play electronic instruments, buy items over the internet? Well I have had a small hand in many of those and more.

Ideas on telepathy were good for making some hoaxsters famous, some pop-quackery books and for a few X-Files episodes. I guess that is something.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/25/02 10:36 PM)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #908190 - 09/25/02 10:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

> What value has your non-scientific theories contributed to society?

lets put this in perspective.

99.99999% of people dont even know of this msg board let alone read it.

no theory posted here is going to contribute to society.

its just a place to talk! dont get so upset! lol

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: pattern]
    #908220 - 09/25/02 10:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Upset? I always have fun here. You need to hone your ESP better.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/25/02 10:35 PM)

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908232 - 09/25/02 10:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

Do you use satellite TV, play electronic instruments, buy items over the internet? Well I have had a small hand in many of those and more.

Small? how small? You could say i had a small hand in everybodys protection! I once donated to the Police Department.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: thePatient]
    #908249 - 09/25/02 10:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Small as in directly manufacturing and designing components. Small as in it takes many thousands of thousands of people to contribute to these fields / inventions. Study, understanding and discipline works as well in science as it does in art, music and sports.

All of the esoterica beloved by so many here, put together in total has not contributed to even a thimbleful of progress in any field.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/25/02 10:47 PM)

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908268 - 09/25/02 10:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

Small as in directly manufacturing and designing components. Small as in it takes many thousands of thousands of people to contribute to these fields / inventions.

I bet your proud of yourself arent ya? If you didnt do it, they would have gotten someone else to. Dont you know what the ideal american is? "The ideal American is replaceable, because he IS a part of the assembly line"

If your using AOL, ive beta-tested 2 versions of it. I've also beta-tested widely used Online RPG games, such as Dark Age of Camelot. This also takes thousands and thousands of people to contribute to. **struts** **flexes** OH Yaaa baby.

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #908279 - 09/25/02 10:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

> You need to hone your ESP better.

Cool!  Swami thinks I have ESP!  Maybe telepathy does exist!!!  :tongue:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (09/25/02 11:04 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908290 - 09/25/02 11:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You asked a direct question. I gave a direct answer. That is rare here. I made no claim as to uniqueness, my point was about the application of methodology. How is my anecdote about contributing less valid than saying, "Hey I was thinking about a song and then turned the radio on and there it was. Spooky, eh?"

We communicate here though scientific invention, not through ESP. Where is the fault in that statement?

Scientific methodology works and is based on understanding and discipline. Problem here?

Telepathy is believed to be valid because of coincidence, selective memory, and faulty interpretation. These factors can be tested by an objective group. To date, telepathy has been unable to stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908306 - 09/25/02 11:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

You asked a direct question. I gave a direct answer. That is rare here.

I see people give direct answers from direct questions all the time. They are just not the answers you are looking for.

In reply to:

We communicate here though scientific invention, not through ESP. Where is the fault in that statement?

I never stated a fault. Nor did i see anyone dis-agree with this statement.

In reply to:

Scientific methodology works and is based on understanding and discipline. Problem here?

No problem here. Discipline?

--------------------

Anonymous

#908556 - 09/26/02 12:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

BANG

Moderator slams the gavel down in a fit of mock embarrassment.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908580 - 09/26/02 12:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

! :shocked:!   

Is this better?  That is the best I could do.  Plato

--------------------

Edited by Mr_Mushrooms (09/26/02 01:11 AM)

Anonymous

#908591 - 09/26/02 12:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

html tags do not work on icons.

Sorry, :wink:

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908604 - 09/26/02 01:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

LOL. how can you tell i tried? i cant see the tag on my screen.

--------------------

Anonymous

#908623 - 09/26/02 01:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I am telepathic, or as I like to say telepathetic. :grin:

Cheers, 

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908638 - 09/26/02 01:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

wait...doh! i didnt realize the !'s were large. hehe telepathy.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908649 - 09/26/02 01:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No problem here. Discipline?

Really? You don't think going to school for years, studying, experimenting, taking exams, building projects and then applying that knowledge takes discipline? What does discipline mean to you?

Understanding how things work takes a little more effort than imbibing an OJ mushroom smoothie.

BTW, thanks for AOL!

I just got off the phone with a potential cat-adopter. She said (direct quote), "That is so freaky that you just called. You MUST be psychic! We were just looking for your phone number."

I met with the lady's husband last night and he asked me to call at around 9:30 which I did. The phone was busy. On the third try, a half hour later, I got through. Aren't I amazing?!

I don't make this stuff up people.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/26/02 01:35 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908660 - 09/26/02 01:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I am telepathic, or as I like to say telepathetic.

If you have two telepaths are they peripatetic?

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908674 - 09/26/02 01:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

Really? You don't think going to school for years, studying, experimenting, taking exams, building projects and then applying that knowledge takes discipline? What does discipline mean to you?

Understanding how things work takes a little more effort than imbibing an OJ mushroom smoothie

This was an experiment to DEMONSTRATE to people how one sees what one wants to see, even though it is not there. I merely typed "Discipline?". I could have been un-familiar with the definition of the word. You took it in another way, using ridicule about my OJ smoothies (OJ mushroom smoothie? ew).

Thank you for participating.

P.S. I make damn good smoothies!

--------------------

Anonymous

#908683 - 09/26/02 01:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Discipline?  I quit biting my nails, is that discipline or what?

"I don't make this stuff up people."

God is speaking to you.  But you gato hear Heem. :wink:

If you have two telepaths are they peripatetic?

No, not unless they are Aristotle himself.  If they are not they are peripathetic. :wink:

Good one Swamster good one!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I am delighted to hear this good news about Mufti!  Yaaaay (prayer works) :wink: :wink:

Cheers,

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908713 - 09/26/02 01:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Was your "gato" a sublime play on words that few would get? (gato = cat)

Thanks for the hoo-ray about my little fluffernaut. Parting is such sweet sorrow..

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908717 - 09/26/02 01:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I could have been un-familiar with the definition of the word.
But you were not, so your point is moot. BTW, I "knew" you were into smoothies. I am not called the Swami for nothing.

Thank you for participating.
Had to help you regain a little face.  :smirk:

--------------------

Anonymous

#908734 - 09/26/02 01:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Of course it was.  But I knew you would get it.  I love being obscure especially when the person I am aiming it at will get it and perhaps no one else.  Obscurity can be like a kind of code.

Of course I cheered for your kitty.  When one bears a sorrow with a brother he delights in blessings as well.  (I did not know how else to couch that, no offense was intended)  I am thrilled for Mufti and you at the province of a new home.

One word though, make sure those humans have had their shots.  I hear they can have lots of diseases. :wink:

Cheers for the new home, 

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908739 - 09/26/02 01:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

BTW, I "knew" you were into smoothies. I am not called the Swami for nothing.

BTW, i lied. To be quite honest, i dont believe ive ever had a smoothie. A jamoca shake from Arbies is another thing all together! I recommend trying one, if you havent.

But you were not
Are you sure? Do you have that much faith that I'm not too dense? awww. i love you swami.

Had to help you regain a little face.
my face or yours? once again, i love you swami.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908760 - 09/26/02 01:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

BTW, i lied.

To be quite honest,

Which is it? You are a liar or quite honest? Now you cannot be trusted.

BTW, I love me too. :tongue:

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908773 - 09/26/02 01:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Which is it?

I wrote "I make damn good smoothies!" for humor purposes. Some people might call that a "fib"  :grin:  But i am "quite honest" 99.9% of the time. Have no fear, swami.

BTW, I love me too.

Oh i  know, i have replied about you being in love with yourself before. 

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#908783 - 09/26/02 02:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Is that a bad thing? Self loathing is preferable? Do you not love yourself?

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#908801 - 09/26/02 02:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

loving yourself, and being IN love with yourself are two different things. Dont play coy.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#908814 - 09/26/02 02:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And as I pull my head out I am without one doubt
Don't wanna be down here feeding my narcissism.
I must crucify the ego before it's far too late

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #908835 - 09/26/02 02:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Telepathic experiences.... too many to mention.
We have them all the time. There is a continuous stream of telepathic dialogue between ourselves and many others occuring on the subconscious level. Sometimes we are more aware of these communications than other times. Telepathy is most commonly observed between two people who share a deep emotional connection.

Although we do use telepathy almost ALL THE TIME, we are seldom aware of it occuring. This is because when we are awake and focused, we are focused in the conscious mind. Subconscious deals with a lot more issues than the conscious can handle.. so the conscious mind is often blissfully unaware of what is happening in the subconscious. It works this way for a reason.

Ego plays a large role. Whenever something happens that threatens the ego, or sense of self, it is tossed into the subconscious to be dealt with and forgotten about. Conscious mind does not deal well with things that are threatening to the ego.

I have a friend whom I am quite close with emotionally as well as spiritually and intellectually. We practice telepathy from time to time, with often amazing results. Telepathy takes almost no concentration... it is almost like an automatic function.. we only have to tune into it and observe. If you begin focusing too hard on it or thinking about it too much.. you can actually distort the results.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: Shroomism]
    #908861 - 09/26/02 02:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Interestingly not one person commented on my telepathic experience tonight. Well, not really; I knew it would be casually overlooked.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #908922 - 09/26/02 02:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Actually I read only the first post in the thread and responded to it first.
Are you alluding to the incident where you called someone who was just about to call you? That is interesting...happens to me all the time. But not so interesting if you had an arrangement to talk beforehand.
What is interesting is when you sit down wtih a deck of cards and your telepathic friend and get 8 out of 10 right. Suite as well as number.

--------------------

Offlinenubbs
Stranger
    #909235 - 09/26/02 07:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've had numerous telepathic experiences, but the most powerful ones have been while high on psylocin. Visible Aura's, timed co-incidences, and energy high's are all part of my daily life. I'd explain more, but not right now. I'm too lazy to type :P :smile:

--------------------
-=[ tHOSE oF wHICH tHAT cANNOT bE sEEN, aRE tHOSE oF wHICH cANNOT bE iGNORED ]=-

Offlinenubbs
Stranger
RE: Your sister hears people laughing? [Re: shii-tan]
    #909236 - 09/26/02 07:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that freaks me out, because I get that (not all the time, but weekly). It's been happening since I was very little, although it stopped for about 15 years from the time I was 3. What's my diagnosis? They're thinkin' Schizoeffective or Bipolar Disorder, but they're not sure because at the time of peak sensation I was committed to a hospital and disregarded as a mental patient. Shelved and Tagged due to lack of understanding.

--------------------
-=[ tHOSE oF wHICH tHAT cANNOT bE sEEN, aRE tHOSE oF wHICH cANNOT bE iGNORED ]=-

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #909240 - 09/26/02 07:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How come telepathy only "happens" between people who are familiar with eachother?

I think it would be more impressive if you could send a thought to a complete stranger without them knowing where the got it from. Actually, this would be an easy experiment. Sit in a park and try to send a message telepathically to a complete stranger... have your message written down beforehand. The message should be something that will elicit an easily recognized (and uncommon) behavioral response.

How about it?
This would NOT be hard to do. It can be done in church or temple if the park is too "cold, sterile, and scientific" for you.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#909353 - 09/26/02 10:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I was in the Getty museum a few weeks ago, mentally undressing this hottie checking out a Van Gogh. She turned and looked at me and knew instantly what I was thinking. How do they do it?

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #909453 - 09/26/02 12:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, Swami, maybe it was the drool running down your chin or that creepy stare focused a foot below her eyes.  Or maybe it was because you had one of your hands shoved down your pa.... whoa... sorry... that was me. :wink: 

--------------------

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
    #909744 - 09/26/02 02:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have one a few instances of Telepathic "Powers" but I'll tell you about the one that myself and my tripping buddy had. It was just one insane night. We had been up for about two and a half days already. On night three we get a hold of about an 1/8th and a half of shrooms from a friend. I myself have been reading on Shamanism, ESP, OBE, etc etc and thought to myself that it would be a perfect night to pratice since both of our bodys and minds were exhausted. We were both hallucinating at will.

So we make a tea and drink it and start to trip. At first it was a pretty intense mind trip things were going out of control and for the first time both of us were completely lost within ourselves. We were speaking nothing but nonsense we have truly gone insane.

After about 30 mintues of this we begin to pratice talking to each other and make our heads appear into certain things. It was impossible but yet I knew we were doing it. We were talking to each other through ESP. I would be across the house and he would be in another room and I would say something and he would answer and I would ask him what I just said and he would tell him. This was happening many times.

Then it happened I was astral projecting on will. Whenever I would lay down on the ground and begin to go into my trace I would see many lights zooming pass me and feel air being pushed all around me. There was no wind in the room it was dead.

Many things happened that night... One werid ass night.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #909860 - 09/26/02 03:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's hardly telepathy Swami. Your body was probably discharging all kinds of chemicals which she subconsciously picked up.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #910107 - 09/26/02 05:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

shroomism said it mostly happens between people who have a deep emotional link... that does not necesarilly mean they are familiar to each other... one of the most powerful telepathic experiences i had was with someone i had only met 3 times before it happened... but we had a link from waaaaay back, we understood each other perfectly from the beginning of our short, but rewarding relationship...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (09/26/02 08:43 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #910484 - 09/26/02 08:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Actually I didn't say telepathy only happens to people who have a deep connection... merely that is the most common way it is recognized. Telepathy happens all the time on the subconscious level is what I said. We are not always consciously aware of it.
That would be an easy experiment... we could get a bunch of people to try it.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #910529 - 09/26/02 08:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, people who have deep connections are the most LIKELY to have telepathy (like identical twins). But I believe that it can happen anywhere, anytime to anyone.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Telepathic experiences? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #910808 - 09/26/02 10:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's hardly telepathy Swami. Your body was probably discharging all kinds of chemicals which she subconsciously picked up.

At least I cleaned up afterwards.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Pink Floyd, San Pedro, Sublime

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology