Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy
    #2208222 - 12/29/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You think they might be hiding something from us? :grin:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/10/22/ufo.records/

By Richard Stenger
CNN
Tuesday, October 22, 2002 Posted: 3:09 PM EDT (1909 GMT)

(CNN) -- One winter night in 1965, eyewitnesses saw a fireball streak over North America, bank, turn and appear to crash in western Pennsylvania. Then swarms of military personnel combed the area and a tarp-covered flatbed truck rumbled out of the woods.

Now a former White House chief of staff and an international investigative journalist want to know what the Pentagon knows, calling on it to release classified files about that and other incidents involving unidentified flying objects, or UFOs.

"It is time for the government to declassify records that are more than 25 years old and to provide scientists with data that will assist in determining the real nature of this phenomenon," ex-Clinton aide John Podesta said Tuesday.

A Pentagon spokesperson could not be reached for comment regarding the requests for information.

Despite earning little credence, cases of strange aerial phenomena that defy explanation abound -- whether witnessed by thousands of Arizona residents, commercial airline pilots or a U.S. president.

The new initiative is not setting out to prove the existence of aliens. Rather the group wants to legitimize the scientific investigation of unexplained aerial phenomena.

Podesta was one of numerous political and media heavyweights on hand in Washington, D.C., to announce a new group to gain access to secret government records about UFOs.

Specifically, the Coalition for Freedom of Information (CFI) is pressing the Air Force for documents involving Project Moon Dust and Operation Blue Fly, clandestine operations reported to have existed decades ago to investigate UFOs and retrieve objects of unknown origins.

Mysterious case?
One of the most mysterious cases, the Kecksburg, Pennsylvania incident of December 5, 1965, is the first cited in the group's request for records through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

Despite an official government story that the object was a meteorite, some eyewitnesses claimed that a military truck took an acorn-shaped object the size of a small car from the rural Pennsylvania crash site to an Air Force base in Ohio.

"We can't come up with a reason why this information is being withheld. The government won't even acknowledge that the incident took place but we know that it did," said Leslie Kean, a California-based freelance reporter who drafted the FOIA request.

In the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s, the government did take the UFO search seriously and top generals considered the pros and cons of informing the U.S. public, Kean said, citing top secret memos.

In 1969, however, the Air Force terminated Project Blue Book, concluding that no reported UFOs were threats to national security.

Paradoxically, Kean notes, the military continues to deny some requests for UFO information by citing national security concerns.

Trying to stamp out ridicule
Backed by the Sci-Fi channel, the CFI hopes to reduce the scientific ridicule factor in this country when the topic is UFOs.

"There's definitely evidence of strange phenomenon in the world. These are well documented," said Kean, who has written for The Nation, the Boston Globe and the International Herald Tribune.

"Most people don't think that there is evidence because they haven't look for it. There's such a little green men mindset in this culture. It's hard to work your way through that."

The CFI director Ed Rothschild also works for Podesta's public relations firm, PodestaMattoon, which is coordinating the new group at the behest of the Sci- Fi channel. He said the initiative was a call for serious investigation, not a publicity stunt for the cable network.

"The Sci-Fi channel has had an interest in [UFOs] for some time. The difference here is that they are focusing attention on the serious, factual side of the issue, and that scientists have not had a chance to thoroughly examine it," Rothschild said.

"Of course it could help programming. But Sci-Fi thought they had some resources they could bring to the table."
What's all of this UFO jive?
You may choose many

Votes accepted from (12/29/03 05:01 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy [Re: mantis]
    #2208245 - 12/29/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Government secrecy is not any kind of evidence of alien visitation.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
Re: Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy [Re: Swami]
    #2208257 - 12/29/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't say it was, but it's a sign that they're hiding something. (hence the multpile options for the poll) The reason I started this thread is because I want to see what people think they're hiding.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2208410 - 12/29/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mantis said:
I didn't say it was, but it's a sign that they're hiding something. (hence the multpile options for the poll) The reason I started this thread is because I want to see what people think they're hiding.

The government is hiding stuff?

Thats unpossible!

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2208418 - 12/29/03 06:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

it's probably really boring stuff like crashed silly planes and stuff.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2208989 - 12/30/03 12:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

This made me really think of ball lightning. Maybe some young scientist wanted to play with some new toys he made, set off a whole bunch of the governments sensors... and BAM they were on him like a pack of wolves. I wonder if a lot of the stuff we dont know about is because we might benefit too strongly from one of someones own inventions. But maybe not.

You have to question your source... I do not doubt though that there is plenty of information that the government keeps from us, why they do, what they cover up, and what happened. Theres a lot of hurdles to cross :wink: .

--------------------
What?

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2209250 - 12/30/03 03:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I wonder if a lot of the stuff we dont know about is because we might benefit too strongly from one of someones own inventions.

Research Nikola Tesla and his death.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2209853 - 12/30/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It's slipping through the cracks.

Soon the dam will break.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2209869 - 12/30/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I bent my wookie.... :frown:

Nah, the best Ralph Wiggum.. well, only because I saw it today and remember it, is when sugar is banned from Springfield and it shows all of the children freaking out in the playground, and Willie is like "They aren't riding the white horse anymore", and then it shows Ralph shaking and looking around screaming "Where's my baby? Where's my baby?!"

Of course, it also features the best appearance of Disco Stu, rolling up that dollar bill and talking about his addiction to the white stuff..... *remembers plans to make that his avatar*

*evil laugh* :evil:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2209943 - 12/30/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

There really isn't any evidence that points towards extra terrestrial activity here.

Some people saw some stuff flying through the air, and the military rushed in to pick it up.

Something we know for sure: The military has the technology to develop airborne weapons, and the desire to keep their technology under wraps.

Something that could in theory be true, but there's no decent evidence for: There are aliens visiting earth.

Looking things over, it would seem that it's far more likely that this was some weapon or aircraft that went haywire.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy [Re: Phluck]
    #2210076 - 12/30/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think UFO's are probably a government-created smokescreen to diver peoples attention away from the real conspiracy...

alpha-beams.

is it just me, or does anyone else think that all these cellular phone signals whizzing around our heads might create some unwanted side-effects?

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy [Re: Positronius]
    #2210415 - 12/30/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, that's probably it.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy [Re: Positronius]
    #2210809 - 12/30/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You are gonna believe what CNN shows you??? I guess it's time for me to re-hash ye olde fake alien invasion theory: what they are doing is trying to make you believe that UFOs actually exist and that they are visiting this planet. This is why you see aliens everywhere in our society, from t-shirts to television shows, it all trickles down from these so called UFOs sightings that the government itself is responsible for perpetuating. They need to get the general populace to beleive aliens are visiting this earth because in the future they (as in the elite rich, Illuminati, whatever u wanna call them) plan to create a fake alien invasion in order to unite all of man kind against a common cause. This way, they will be able to set up a one world government in order to launch an effective counter attack. Once there is a one world government, their agenda can be furthered much more easily because there will be a dictatorship-like comittee giving out the orders, meaning absolute control over you and me. There already has been a fake alien invasion staged in the U.S. Remember the War of the Worlds broadcast on the radio back in the 30's? It was a radio broadcast based on the popular novel, and a planned experiment to see whether people would actually believe it was happening. here is a little excerpt from this website

"The descriptions and execution of this script were so realistic that the program caused a mass hysteria in America. People failed to see the fiction of the broadcast and mistakenly believed that Martians were invading earth with death rays, aiming for a total destruction of the planet. An estimated 1 million people believed the broadcast, crowding panicked into the streets, hiding terrified in basements, and even loading guns in preparation for an attack. Some people fired shots into water tanks believing they contained aliens. Others wrapped their heads in wet towels to protect themselves from the aliens' poisonous gas. The show did say that it was only fiction, but if the listener missed the warning at the beginning of the program the next one was almost an hour into it!"

This is another link speculating on whether a fake alien invasion/supernatural forces could be pulled off in the future LINK

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Loc: Holland
    #2210993 - 12/31/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

:mushroom2: Of course the gov is trying to hide something from the people, and so are the "folks" flying the ufos. Which makes suspicious of them both. Peace

--------------------
Everything in this post happened 7 years ago. If you do not feel good get a hobby like r/c airplane flying.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy [Re: timetravel]
    #2211281 - 12/31/03 06:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

timetravel said:
:mushroom2: Of course the gov is trying to hide something from the people, and so are the "folks" flying the ufos. Which makes suspicious of them both. Peace

And what are WE hiding from the government and the aliens? Mmm.... secrets... so secretive..... :lol:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Re: Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2212678 - 12/31/03 11:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

WE are hiding nothing.(you included), and THEY don't have anything either to hide. (ufos and gov). Acting like one has something to hide is being tricky. Thats the game the gov and ufos play. Peace.

--------------------
Everything in this post happened 7 years ago. If you do not feel good get a hobby like r/c airplane flying.

Edited by timetravel (01/01/04 12:01 AM)

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Re: Clinton aide slams Pentagon's UFO secrecy [Re: timetravel]
    #2212687 - 12/31/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Be tricky shroomers. They hide what they do(don't do) so hide what you do(don't do).Long live the McKenna resistance. Peace

Edited by timetravel (01/01/04 12:07 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order