Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Killing. [Re: ]
    #2016370 - 10/16/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LoOnEr said:
what does love have to do with the right to kill? an irrational emotion used to justify the need to kill. i love the logic of humanity!

Just because you are speaking from an pacifist position does not mean you are more enlightened than anyone else. The circle of life passes through all of lifes experiences. You may be on a part of the circle that embodies utopia but you are only understanding that part of the human experience. To truly appreciate life you need to detach yourself from any one part of the circle and understand it as a whole. The good, the bad, and the ugly are all part of the experience as a whole. The loss of any of its parts lessens the whole. without pain, pleasure has little meaning and without death, life is meaningless as well.
I use a circle here because I believe that the path of enlightenment leads to where you stared but from a different "enlightened" perspective. When I think about the experience of life I usually use a mosaic for the analogy. Sorted colors of extremes arranged of the outside (to exist in any one field would be monotony) and a chaotic mix in the center where the full experience exists. But we are interested in understanding so once again detach and see or more accurately "feel" the entirety of the mosaic.
Where ever you go, there you are, and that is that.

Anyway I just wanted to say that some things are worth fighting for.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Killing. [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2016427 - 10/16/03 09:38 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you boys talkin' 'bout killin'? whatchall know about killin'

i'd like to hear it potheads....

Anonymous

#2016514 - 10/16/03 09:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Just because you are speaking from an pacifist position does not mean you are more enlightened than anyone else.

i wasn't talking about enlightenment... i fail to see where this comes into play with the taking of human life.

you made a correlation between pain and happiness and the need for both, are you saying that pain in the form of killing is needed?

The loss of any of its parts lessens the whole. without pain, pleasure has little meaning and without death, life is meaningless as well.

do you need to think of a dead soldier holding his guts before you can enjoy a bowl of ice cream?

do you need to remember the dead hooker in the back alley before you can make love to your girlfriend?

pain/pleasure is part of the human experience and should be explored without the need to kill another human being.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2019413 - 10/17/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

might need to see the pain and horror of death and war before you can appreciate peace and prosperity.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2022328 - 10/19/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

For me it's karma. I'm not going to kill anyone else, because I do not wish to be killed. I believe that we as human biengs sometimes desire to do things that we would not wan't done to us, and this is why the "golden rule" comes in handy.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Killing. [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2022340 - 10/19/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

When you put on a uniform and pick up a gun you are fair game. I dont care if you got drafted or if you are a merc, when you pick up that rifle you are my enemy and i must hunt you down and destroy you.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Killing. [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #2023332 - 10/19/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"Peace" has two commonly accepted meanings. One meaning is when mankind is not currently involved in a war, or other conflicts. The other, however, is the spiritual one where the inner being is in a state of harmony and contentment with self, surroundings, and others. The first meaning is not true peace, only the second one is. I don't give much of a fuck about the first "peace", because the second one makes wars obsolete, while the first "peace" is simply waiting for the next war to happen.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Anonymous

#2023437 - 10/19/03 06:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

approaching peace through "inner peace" is not solving the problem.

the last thing we need to do is be on a crusade to how one should be "spiritual" in respect to what you say..

state of harmony and contentment with self, surroundings, and others.

sorry, but thats dogma.

we need to realize the fallacy of what we as humans see as just and right.

ridding ourselves of all pre-conceived notions of when it is "right" to kill another human being is the first step.

destroying every accepted thought that was fed to us since infancy.

ok here i am... a human being with a conscious, born an a mysterious planet located somewhere in the universe.

start from there and start rationalizing every step to the point where humans have united in mass armies pitted against eachother. we fight for god, country, pride, and peace (lol)

justify your god to me please.
justify your country to me please.
justify pride for me.
justify peace through WAR for me :smile:

there are a lot more reasons out there i forgot. i say fuck them all.

lets go back to being humans on a mysterious planet, somewhere in the galaxy.

Offlinedastats
The Truth is Blinding
Loc: B.C.
Re: Killing. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2023460 - 10/19/03 06:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I read the furst page of threads. My opinion is, American policy wants to keep itself as the superpower. Their attacks on iraq and afganistan are get a foot hold in Europe, because the EU will be the next superpower and the US dun want dat to happen. This whole war thing is a big croke of shit. Americans(government) killing fer money and oil. Oh, and were Gods Soldiers, God has us here to get rid if the bad guy. the US is the bad guy. All fer a foot hold. And as for killing, who the hell are you killing over there. People who fight with pitch forks, and shovels. FAWK THAT!!!! Gimme a god damn break, any of you who say that. Who is to say who should die. I find it hard to believe anyone would side with them. Bullies, gangsters, thats whut the US gov is.
The US is a very young country, and its about to fall, just like the romans.
Its too bad Canada has to suffer beside them fer their cildish games.

Peace all

Jater

--------------------
Peace all.

Jater

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2023477 - 10/19/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

approaching peace through "inner peace" is not solving the problem.

If inner peace were achieved in sufficient numbers, perhaps the thing could snowball out of the government's control, and the world could be reshapen.

Quote:

state of harmony and contentment with self, surroundings, and others.

sorry, but thats dogma.

No, that's just my way of describing my own idea of what inner peace is.

I agree with the rest of what you said. We should all stop internalizing every piece of crap we are fed by this "system" thingy(whatever that is), and re-create ourselves. Mankind could do MUCH better, even if we could not create a total paradise, we could make things much, much more sensible than the current "government" has done. (polluted our existance)

--------------------

Anonymous

#2023481 - 10/19/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

SPEAKING OF WAR!!.... do you perhaps play war3?

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2023493 - 10/19/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

oh did you see in my title "blizzard gamer"? absolutely my friend, feel like playing now? I'll PM you.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2024520 - 10/20/03 01:41 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Jenine Giraffalo said:
i
i have killed
i have killed myself
i...cannot change this
i
i must seek buddah
i must seek christ

hehehehe, i hope that's how it goes.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom